Winter chill and thrills!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Winter chill and thrills! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Winter chill and thrills!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter chill and thrills! Empty Winter chill and thrills!

Post by Shane Diamond Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:34 pm

After getting out of St. Mungo's after days of being there with Katie, Shane decided to head towards Hogsmeade seeing how he been watching Katie like a hawk the last couple of days, he needed a break . Shane knew that she'll be ok, Kenneth and the others were watching her along with Becca.  Heading towards the Gryffindor Tower to get his jacket on scarf he looked at himself.  He looked horrible, his eyes looked tired and puffy although he knew he gotten some sleep and his hair was matted and messy.  Taking a quick shower, Shane quickly dried himself off with a drying spell and looked at himself and nodded.  "Maybe it was because I just wasn't clean."Shane thought to himself shrugging.  Quickly getting dressed Shane flicked his wand at his hair making it straight like he always wears it and put on his glasses seeing how he was lazy to put his contacts in.

Walking down the sloping lawn of Hogwarts he headed towards the carriage and quickly gotten on it without much thought. For some reason, his mind was else where for some reason, it was probably cause he was worried about Katie.  Although Shane told her a million times that it wasn't her fault that her what she did to herself, but she still didn't believe him. Shane wondered what Katie did when she was alone, did she do the same thing she did?  Although Shane was sure she wasn't hurting herself, she didn't appear to be doing that, but who knew. As far as Shane knew, Becca told him she was caught up in homework, studying and quidditch pratice which he was proud of but also worried about at the same time,  that was all Katie seemed to do now days, it was like she wasn't the same sweet Katie anymore.

Sighing to himself he walked down the crowed street of Hogsmeade as the cold winter wind blew through his hair. Wrapping his coat more around his body he headed towards the three broomsticks for a warm butterbeer to warm himself up from walking in the cool wind. Shane wasn't as cold as he normally was though, he guessed it was because werewolves were warm blooded just like vampires were cold blooded.

As he reached the pub he pushed opened the door and headed towards a table and gave the waitress a soft warm smile. "May I have a butterbeer please?"Shane asked her softly as she blushed and nodded. Shaking his head as she took his order Shane gotten out his money and set in on the table.  As the waitress came back and set his drink down Shane gave her the money. "Thankyou, keep the rest as a tip!"said Shane as he took a drink of his butterbeer before his hazel eyes looked around for his friends. Sighing as he didn't see any of them he set his butterbeer down before he stood up taking off his jacket. Hearing a crash on the floor Shane whipped around to see he knocked someone over by accident.  "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, are you ok, I didn't get any on you did I?"Shane asked softly his hazel eyes wondering down the girl checking to see if there was any butterbeer on her.

Shane's look
Shane Diamond
Shane Diamond
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

Winter chill and thrills! Empty Re: Winter chill and thrills!

Post by Leven Ashe Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Thus far, it seemed like everything was a bit turned over and everyone was seeing side ways. They had always grown up around dangerous things, a lot of those dangerous things were mostly from their father's job. A more mature pair of cloudy blue eyes glanced around the outer shell of the castle where some students were throwing snowballs at one another while some with the blue and silver ties tried to read even outside in the snow.

While another pair, more tired looking but yet held onto a fierce look idle watched those roaming the hallways in between the locations that they were trying to head to. "Wonder why they get so twisted when something dangerous comes along." It was in the open air thought, a statement not a question. Because of their father they knew the dos and don'ts of the magical world. Furthered by the heavy education from the Salem Institute in the States.

But here.. Leven noticed that everyone was jumping as if their own shadow would come off the ground and bite their head off. It was amusing in the first year however, it was now just getting sad. People were fearful of the werewolves, but yet she felt almost at ease seeing some of the dangerous creatures within the walls. Leven and her brother learned quickly where majority of the half creature and half magical people remained; werewolves in the states seemed centered while the vampires lingered on the coasts. Some called her stupid for not being afraid, Leven called them cowards.

"Stay out of trouble, Uri." Grinning a wicked grin Leven ignored the look that her younger sibling was sending her, as if she should be the one that better be careful. Uriel knew that she was more of the trouble making magnet then he ever was. Flustered a bit, the younger Ashe wandered off after hearing his name be called. Leven on the other shoved her hands into the jacket pockets on her warm jacket, the hood drawn up to cover her fire red hair from the harsh winds that were nipping at her nose.

Leven found herself wandering outside, crossing the snowball field of Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs meanwhile the Ravenclaws studied and some Slytherins ignored the entire world that didn't involve themselves. Hogsmeade was on her mind, and that's exactly where her two legs were rushing her to. What was at Hogsmeade? Well there was the Three Broom Sticks and some very good Butterbeer, but it was mostly the atmosphere that Leven found herself attracted to the small homestead village. Leven grinned as she rushed into the Three Broom Sticks, feeling the warmth rush through her body. Cloudy blue eyes gazed in wonder, who could she find some blackmail information on?

Despite her Gryffindor status, she did have some sly Slytherin in her. Wandering further into the building, it was a bit too late when the redhead realized she had walked into someone taking off their jacket. Not expecting the semi small impact, it caused Leven to lose her balance and fall onto her ass; she didn't even let out a startled squeak at all. Instead, she blinked those cloudy blue eyes and shook her head to realize she had been the one to walk into someone.

Leven heard the rushing sound of a male's voice, glancing up to see a male with long ish brown hair, she raised her brow. Was he familiar to her? Did she know him? It was possible but then again the student doubted it, she kept close to her brother and cousins and very few other people. Grinning a bit Leven lifted herself up. "]No worries! It was my fault I wasn't payin' much attention." She wasn't sure if he could pin point her still existing accent, majority of the student body last year did notice it right away when she had transfered in.
Leven Ashe
Leven Ashe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 177

http://www.wattpad.com/user/KingdomsPath

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Diamond Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:03 pm

Shane chuckled and laughed. "Neither was I really, been having a lot on my mind lately."said Shane honestly. Shane couldn't help not to notice that she looked oddly familiar like she seen her around from somewhere but he couldn't put his finger on it quite yet. Ah... yes, he seen her around in the Gryffindor common room. "Sorry about your butterbeer, please allow me to get you another one."said Shane softly. "I'm Shane, Shane Diamond seventh year Gryffindor."said Shane.

Shane also noticed that she had a bit of accent to her that sure wasn't British that was for sure. "You don't me asking, that accent, where is it from?"Shane asked her softly. It was a unique accent that was for sure, but being the observant person he was, notices everything. That was what alot of people hated about Shane, he was overly observant for his own good at times. Although the guys loved it, and clearly Olivia loved it as well, fo she always blushed when Shane pointed out the little things she does to herself.

But lately, Shane observant skills had been to a halt lately, he been spending most of his time with a little Ravenclaw girl named Katie Knight. Before you ask, no she wasn't his girlfriend or anything, just like a little sister he never had to him. He was very protective of her and always watching her like a hawk. Or so he thought he was, he was a bit shocked when he found out Katie was hurting herself. Although he knew why, but the news was still shocking to him.

After he found that out, Shane felt like he failed to keep Katie protected. Although he knew that wasn't true, that was how he felt. Olivia told him a million times that it wasn't his fault, byt he felt if he would of watched her more he would of known. At lease he was the only one who felt that way, the guys and Becca felt the same way. But he knew Katie was ok now, and she was slowing starting to go back to her old ways of being sweet and innocent again.

But deep down, Shane knew that Katie wouldn't probably ever be the same as she was again, she was scarred for life! Although the him and the guys was going to be there every waking second to make sure she was safe, they even asked Becca to watch her in the commons to see if she was ok. They were going to ask Cupid, but he knew him and Katie were fighting. But perhaps after he knew what happened to Katie would he change his mind? Shane bet he would, but who knows he could be wrong!

So many things were running through Shane's head that he didn't even acknowledge the girl was still there before he snapped out of his trance. "Sorry..."he mumbled before he rubbed his eyes before continuing. "Like I said, been having alot on my mind lately."said Shane softly. "I feel like I need a firewhiskey now."said Shane honestly. He didn't drink much to hardly any, but it been a long month and he needed it.
Shane Diamond
Shane Diamond
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Leven Ashe Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:20 am

Sheepishly did the young woman rub the back of her neck. It was strange to find that chivalry wasn't completely dead, naturally she had to find it across the ocean in a different country to realize that. "Thanks, I didn't mean to disrupt your peace." It wasn't unusual that people found her to be a bit distracting or even rude to an extent if she actually went out of line at one point. It was something that Leven agreed on, she was rather disrespectful at times.

Leven chuckled a bit with a hint of a smile. She was a bit happy someone couldn't pin point her original heritage. "Leven Ashe, sixth year Gryff-y. I'm originally from the States." The redhead hoped that mentioning the states was enough to nod towards the shortened term for United States. Judging by how they were already familiarizing themselves with each other fast enough she sat at the table that Shane was already sitting at, grinning as the waitress came back around again.

The Gryffindor ordered a butterbeer, noticing how Shane seemed to fall into a trance like daze, enough time for the American teen to pay for her own drink despite his gentlemenness kicked back in and allowed 'himself' to pay for her drink once again. Not that it bothered her, but she felt as if she would be able to use her own money for herself. Leven rolled the onyx ring on her finger mindlessly, cloudy blue eyes though paying attention to the changing and stillness on Shane's face. Leven found pride in her ability to find pieces of information where that many others couldn't balance their own thoughts and pay attention to nearly five conversations going on at once.

Leven held a grim smile on her face, nodding her head almost numbly. "No need to apologize, a lot has been goin' on these past few months." It was sad, but true all at the same time. From there werewolves to the usual accidents made by teenage witches and wizards. Leven wondered what was happening at the Institute right about now.
Leven Ashe
Leven Ashe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Diamond Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:03 am

Shane looked at him and chuckled. "Oh no you didn't do anything, beside I need the company!"said Shane honestly. Shane's friends were out and about with their dates and stuff, but Shane was alone due to Olivia having a day with her friends. Shane understood that she needed a day alone with her friends, he respected and gave her a day to herself and told her to have fun. He was like that as well, sometimes he needed a day to catchup with the guys and just have fun and talk about what been going on lately.

Shane nodded and smiled. "Ah... that's what I thought when I heard it, but I wasn't for sure."said Shane. "Me and my friends went there last summer to Florida and other places, it was pretty freaking awesome!"said Shane honestly.

Seeing the waitress coming towards them Shane realized he needed another butterbeer. "Can I have another butterbeer please?"Shane asked her softly. Once again the waitress nodded and blushed before walking away. Chuckling Shane shook his head before getting out some money and setting it on the table.

Shane nodded in agreement at what she said. "Yeah your right about that, stinks how everything is changing!"said Shane sighing. "I just wish everything was back how it used to be."said Shane softly. "It isn't fair to Half-bloods that they have to leave, I'm a half-blood and a werewolf and it isn't fair!"said Shane angrily. "Sorry... didn't mean to get angry, but this is really pissing me off!"said Shane. It was true, Shane was angry at these stupid decrees and marriage law thing.

Shane Diamond
Shane Diamond
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Leven Ashe Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Florida.. did she ever go there for a quick vacation? Leven tilted her head back in a thought like daze in a gazing wonder of 'reviewing' old memories in her head. Alas, she did not visit the southern state at all. The only other place that she could remember visiting had been D.C. where the center of the American Magic Ministry was along with New York City, which was one of the major hubs of the magical world just like it was for muggles. "Enjoy it? I've only been to D.C. and New York City." For muggles it would seem probably average to visit only two places.

Some witches and wizards may find it strange since they had the magic and the ability to visit all over the place if they so had the desire to. That's how Leven felt about many of things, especially since she was here in Europe where magic seemed so much more stronger then it did in the United States. Cloudy blue eyes glanced at the waitress who blushed as she looked at Shane, Leven raised a brow with a curious gaze as she shifted it from the waitress to the student. A looker he was, she'd admit. But she didn't see how special he was to blush to on sight.

To each their own.

The mentioning that all Half Bloods would be leaving Hogwarts stung Leven deeply. There was a chance her mother would pull strings and flail about how her children were 'the purist of them all'; then again Leven was hoping her mother would mind her own Merlin damn business. She was sad and furious - this was only her 'second' year at the school and she was already being forced to leave! I understand, I'm a half blood as well. My Ma though thinks I'm 'pure'." Leven made quotation marks in mid air.

What did catch the fellow Grffyindor's attention was the werewolf portion. She was aware of the attacks that had occurred but she wasn't fully aware on who was what anymore. Werewolves seemed more active in the UK area, less in the Eastern edge of the US. "As the muggles say, it's racist for those who are werewolves and or even half blood to leave." Leven snarled loudly, though it was quiet and kept close to only her and Shane's ears. She was un phased by the knowledge that her peer was a werewolf.
Leven Ashe
Leven Ashe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Diamond Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:19 pm

"It wasn't bad, although some of the states were pretty weird."said Shane honestly. "New York was pretty cool, I think that's one of the places I really had fun in!"said Shane. "Although Texas wasn't bad either, but only the lower parts were Dallas and stuff!"said Shane honestly. "My one of my best friend and her now fiancé went to Australia last summer, from what they told me it was pretty awesome!"said Shane. "I don't know, I want to see the world, I don't want to stay in one place all my life!"said Shane simply.

Shane always thought a life without risk wasn't a life lived. Although Shane was very much a troublemaker though, he lived life taking risks and chances. "So... how different is the States from here?"Shane asked her softly. "I mean living there, I was only there for the summer and it was pretty different to me."said Shane chuckling. Like the different accents from all different states, at lease here in Britain they all talked one accent and that was British.

Although Shane did find it interesting that there were so many accents from different places in the states, he was quite in awe in all the different accents that were around the states. Although that was the first time Shane ever been anywhere let alone out of the states, of course he been camping with his friends, but it was always in the outskirts or London in the woods. Yeah Mrs. Knight was a bit protective of them, but what mother wouldn't after so many things happened to them and Maura? Especially to Maura, he didn't even know how that girl was sane after everything that happened to her! But Maura was a strong girl, she gotten through everything, being tortured twice, getting burned from now almost dying and losing her baby due to getting hit by Sectumsempra.

Shane nodded. "I know, it just isn't right or fair to any halfblood or werewolf out there!"said Shane letting out a low angry growl. "Sorry... I do that alot when I'm mad, I can't control it."said Shane softly. "If I scare you please let me know, I tend to scare quite a few people away due to that or me even being a werewolf."said Shane. "Although no one really knows I am besides my girlfriend OLivia, my three best friends, Maura and Sophia."said Shane honestly. "Although I tend to get scars from transforming, I have Sophia fix them up for me at times."said Shane shrugging as if it wasn't no big deal.
Shane Diamond
Shane Diamond
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Leven Ashe Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 am

That was one question that no student had asked since she had arrived at Hogwarts. Instead it was everyone else, parents, some teachers, and everyone else that her father might have worked with once again in England. It wasn't a unusual question and it wasn't something that bothered Leven. "Salem's school is really hands on when it comes to the dangers of the magical world. We're taught to act and never to freeze in fear." Leven closed her one cloudy blue eye and tilted her head to the side. "It was a stricter school then Hogwarts is.. but I don't think the American Ministry would be severe like England's is.." The redhead frowned deeply and traced the rim of her butterbeer mug.

The gryffindor student couldn't help but smile oddly enough, looking at Shane with such a look in her eyes that she found what he said amusing. "Don't apologize to me because you are what you are." Leven shrugged her shoulders and pushed back her red locks behind her shoulder. It was true, just like it is for her and Uriel. Both of them were half bloods no matter how hard her mother would try and argue that they were pure bloods now.

Taking a drink of the butterbeer instead of letting it sit there, she smiled at the thought. America didn't really have butterbeer, they had something else somewhat similar. But not exactly the same either. "May sound cliche, but I don't fear you. I only fear what's up here." To prove what she means, Leven tapped her temple right near her now open cloudy blue eye.

It was true, muggle or magical people were the most darkest kind of creatures out there. To prove her point all Leven would have to do is go back thirty some odd years ago to prove her point. She feared what her mind could create, what it could ever think up and eventually even have herself do or say.
Leven Ashe
Leven Ashe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane Diamond Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Shane raised his eyebrows at her respond."Wow...  weird how America and British magical schools are different!"said Shane honestly.  "Although your right, I don't think there as strict as they are here."said Shane shaking his head.   "Then again, they always been a bit strict here."said Shane sighing.  "Although Hogwarts  and the wizarding world haven't always been this way, they didn't start doing all this stupid crap until this year!"said Shane darkly.  "A bit dumb in my opinion, you know damn good well no one going to follow the law or these damn decrees!"said Shane.

"Well... your the first person you said that to me, usually people hate me for who I am."said Shane honestly.  "I just wish people would accept us more though, it's not like were bad people!"said Shane honestly.  "Ok... so other werewolves in the pass did, but it doesn't mean every werewolf out there is going to bite you!"said Shane shaking his head.   It made Shane mad when people judge him and other werewolves just because of what they were, they couldn't change what they were.  Although no one really knew he was a werewolf, but the rumor was spreading through the school that he was, he suspected Romeo had something to do with it.

Shane looked at her and smiled. "Well.. thankyou for that Leven."said Shane. "Sometimes our minds can be our worse nightmare."said Shane honestly.   "Our mind can sometimes be worse then our own fears!"said Shane.   Memories that were inside of Shane's head still haunted him to this day,  it was scary seeing those horrible memories come back to you.  It was a never ending nightmare,  you can't erase it or make it go away.

Sometimes people emotions and feeling were the darkest thing out there, it made the nicest people turn into the evillest of people.  It was scary what the mind could do to you.  It can do good things but it can also do bad things, and it could also make you or break you.
Shane Diamond
Shane Diamond
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum