Zig A Zig A
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Zig A Zig A Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Zig A Zig A

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zig A Zig A Empty Zig A Zig A

Post by Gabriel J. Short III Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:22 am

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want-

Gabby had requested the song at Satan's if only to see the reactions of the pureblood brats who spent their weekends at these risque nightclubs. That, and because it was his theme song. The party literally arrived when he did, because the party ran through his veins. It never stopped for him. Why did it have to? He had figured out the key to a long and happy life - you did what you wanted to, and screw the rest (sometimes literally.)  

Gabby Short was thirty years old and yet, when he walked into Satan's, several women on the dance floor looked his way, briefly forgetting the man they had chosen for the night. Of those women, one or two would even abandon their beaus by the end of the night to try him out for a spin, if he was willing. (And if she looked good from the front and had all of her teeth, he would definitely be willing.) Not to say Gabby was an idiot with these matters, he knew how to be choosy, but there was usually at least one suitable partner for the night.

He would be meeting up with Scorpius Malfoy as well. The pair was an odd one, and Scorp was not his first choice in company by a long shot. Scorp was much too involved with everything that Gabby hated for the older man to really adore him, but he liked the guy. And, he needed him, that unfortunately had to be said. To be fair to himself, he did not need Scorpius, but it made his life a whole lot easier to have a sympathetic lawyer every now and then.

Gabby's drink order arrived just in time - two Firewhiskeys, to get the men started out right - because no sooner had he gotten them then he saw a familiar blonde head approach. His head bobbed in beat to the music he had requested. He held out one of the mugs and said, "Just the man that I really, really want." He threw Scorp a flirty wink. "That one was for free. Next one will cost you."
Gabriel J. Short III
Gabriel J. Short III
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Zig A Zig A Empty Re: Zig A Zig A

Post by Scorpius H Malfoy Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:47 am

Completely unable to help himself, Scorpius threw his head back and laughed. Still chuckling slightly a few moments later, the wizard slid himself gracefully into the seat Gabriel had clearly been saving for him. "Oh hush you," Scorpius said lightly in response to the elder man's flirting, before picking up his Firewhiskey and taking a sizable gulp, "you'll confuse all of the ladies. And neither of us want that."

Scorpius was well aware that the two of them were an odd pair. To start off, the Malfoy was a Death Eater, and Gabriel tended to be less than fond of those who were affiliated with the Dark Mark. The blonde certainly respected the other wizard, however. In a rather twisted way, Scorpius could almost see himself in the other man. If he hadn't grown up a Malfoy, or been lucky enough to be born as attractive as he was, the resemblance between himself and Short would have been uncanny. Perhaps.

Rolling his shoulders and leaning back slightly, Scorpius met the other man's eyes. Spotting an attractive witch over Gabriel's shoulder, the younger man quickly broke the eye contact to send the woman an charming grin. Turning his eyes back to the face of his companion, it was a little too early to head to bed for the night, after all, Scorpius took another sip of his drink.

"Gabriel," Scorpius started, "someone really needs to teach you how to be subtle. You ask to meet me, and then buy me a drink right off the broomstick. Clearly, you want something." Despite the fact that the words should have been spoken in a tone closer to annoyed, they had ended up sounding almost fond. Gabriel couldn't really help it, after all. He'd been a Gryffindor.
Scorpius H Malfoy
Scorpius H Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 160
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel J. Short III Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Gabby threw his arms out wide, indicating the lively kingdom around him, for anywhere he considered himself among friends was his kingdom. "Confusion? I thrive in confusion!" Gabby had a tendency to make bold proclamations that, when really analyzed and picked apart, meant next to nothing. A lot of what Gabby did meant little to nothing, and yet, it was everything. He fully believed that life was all about enjoying the little things - bimbos and booze - and therefore, every moment was the most precious. It was a loud and chaotic way to live, but Gabby really did not know any other way to live either.

Gabby grinned, his eyes on a familiar looking woman who was doing all she could to attract his attention. "Besides, the ladies are smarter than you think. They're not confused." He grinned, and then tossed back most of his Firewhiskey, his throat tingling with the sensation. He glanced back at Scorpius. "Maybe it's you who's getting confused." He paused, letting the joke build. The lift of an eyebrow, the turn of a lip. "Or perhaps getting hopeful."

The joke ended there, as he could no longer constrain his laughter. Chuckling, he looked at his Firewhiskey and suddenly frowned. "This... was a bad idea." It was shocking - was Gabby Short regretting alcohol?! Of course not. "I should have gotten something harder." He laughed again, a great barking laugh that indicated something of his lyncanthropy. "Mr Bartender - a Salty Dog, please?"

The bartender knew Gabby, but Gabby could never be pressed to remember his name. "Don't you think you should finish your other drink first," the man asked darkly.

Gabby blinked, and then the Firewhiskey was gone - downed in the most glorious of chugs. He set the mug on the bar. "And make sure to get the balance right. I'd like some Vodka in my juice." He smirked.

Scorpius took his attention and Gabby gaped at him. "I'm shocked and appalled. To think - my friends think I'm such a scoundrel to just call upon them when I need a favor. I'm rudely offended, and I think you owe me an apology - better yet, you owe me free legal counsel. Which is oddly convenient because I may need some in the coming future."

((I forgot about this. Feel free to beat me.))
Gabriel J. Short III
Gabriel J. Short III
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpius H Malfoy Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:26 am

((OOC: Beat you? Now why would I do that? It's hardly conducive to your posting speed. Razz))

Scorpius just rolled his eyes as Gabriel broke out into laughter. The wizard hardly found his friend attractive, and they were both fully aware of that. However, the younger male couldn't help but feel slightly defensive after the joke that Gabriel had made. Scorpius had only slept with another man once! Then again, Gabby had no way of knowing that, so the Death Eater supposed his companion could be forgiven.

To his defense, both Scorpius and Robin had been very, very drunk. Drunk to the point where they were practically incapable of walking, and the word "muffin" had sent them both, or perhaps just one of them, the memories were a little fuzzy, into complete hysterics. And that had been years ago anyway, Scorpius was quite straight, thank you. He enjoyed the female anatomy far too much to be anything but.

Scorpius just watched as Gabby downed his Firewhiskey and ordered another drink. Mentally calculating the chance that the night would end with the ex-Slytherin making sure the other man got home safely, he was almost tempted to pout. Figuring that he could hoist Gabriel off on some random adoring witch if it came to that, Scorpius suddenly felt much better about his night.

The Malfoy didn't even try to hold back his amused snort as Gabby far from subtly informed him of why he owed his friend free legal counsel. The man was certainly good for a laugh, if nothing else.

"Fine," Scorpius relented, "but I'm busy as f**k right now, so you owe me another drink once I'm through with his one." Raising his drink to his lips, the man took two moderately-sized sips. He wanted to be able to bask in the feeling of being buzzed tonight, instead of skipping straight to smashed like he often did.

"Alright then Gabby, spill, what did you do?" Scorpius asked after a moment, figuring he might as well hear the story sooner rather than later.
Scorpius H Malfoy
Scorpius H Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel J. Short III Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:39 am

Gabby gave Scorpius a look of almighty righteous sass at the comment about buying him a drink, and held it. If Gabby recalled, his friends rarely did the buying when he took them out. He knew that keeping up with his drinking habits was an expensive hobby and that he was the one most inclined to actually afford the habit. He never let his friends pay for their drinks, so that Scorpius would think to even insinuate that he would not buy him a drink for the favor was absolutely insulting. Gabby would make sure his friend would pay for that.

"Me not buy you a drink. Don't make me get any more snarky than I already am, or everyone here will pay for it. Merlin, you deserve a flogging for that one. I'm actually offended, you know." He let out a dramatic sigh - it was difficult for Gabby to be casual or neutral. His emotions typically ran on the extremes of things, never quite settling on the balance. Gabby hated balance, and tended to think of himself as unbalanced. He would always prefer chaos to order and balance. It was just more fun that way.

'My world's on fire, how about yours. That's the way I like it and I'll never get bored.'

Ah... what had happened to that band?

He had been upset wit Scorpius long enough - a full eight seconds had passed after all. And besides, Scorpius was asking about his latest escapade, and boy was it a good one. A fake sheepish smile clambered onto his face, because even though he wanted to appear innocent to his lawyer, he was damn proud of this latest misadventure. "It's nothing, just another minor theft. It was just a pocket watch too, so.. you know. The girl's just mad because I snuck out of her room the next morning, she's not even that mad about the watch. Just using it as something to get back at me for."

He knew it sounded like a few of his other misadventures, but he had not gotten to the kicker yet. He took a swig of drink before saying, "Just that... this case might be a little more complicated 'cause it was with Isabella... you know... Princess of Spain Isabella." Gabby smirked, ready to be worshipped.
Gabriel J. Short III
Gabriel J. Short III
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpius H Malfoy Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:23 am

((OOC: Your spoiler… it kills me.))

Scorpius realized, a few moments after the words left his lips, that he'd said the wrong thing. Gabby was looking at him with his face a perfect picture of, well, it wasn't a face that could really be explained. It was… pure sass, captured and poured into a single facial expression. The Death Eater was pretty sure that if it was possible, his friend would have patented it by now.

Well, no, that wasn't quite right. If it was possible, Gabby would have run to him and gotten Scorpius to patent it for him. The other wizard had never been one to tolerate that kind of tedious paperwork.

Waiting patently as the halfblooded waxed on dramatically about how offended he was, the Malfoy struggled not to smile. It was hard to feel stressed around Gabby, perhaps Scorpius would have to do this more often. Taking another sip of his alcohol, the ex-Slytherin listened intently as his friend recounted the story of the trouble he'd gotten himself into.

At first, it seemed like an ordinary enough tale, and Scorpius was growing more and more confident that the case would be a piece of cake. Then, of course, Gabby dropped the bomb shell. The wizard's eyebrows shot up, fast as a lighting strike, and the man had to take a drink before he started doing something completely ridiculous, like applaud the other male. He knew what the Princess of Spain looked like, and stunning was quite the under-exaggeration.

"So you stole a pocket watch from Spanish royalty. I'm not even gonna ask why you thought that was a good idea, mate," Scorpius said dryly, his undertone fond. "As your lawyer however, I do have a very serious question that I need to ask you," the blonde stated, face straight and grave. Leaning forwards, he looked Gabby straight in the eye and said, "why the hell didn't you stay for a round of morning sex?"
Scorpius H Malfoy
Scorpius H Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum