Yours In All Sincerity (A Letter To The Ministry)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Yours In All Sincerity (A Letter To The Ministry) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Yours In All Sincerity (A Letter To The Ministry)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yours In All Sincerity (A Letter To The Ministry) Empty Yours In All Sincerity (A Letter To The Ministry)

Post by Albus S Potter Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Pinned somewhere on the noticeboard of the Atrium, is a rectangular piece of off-white, handmade paper, scrawled with several lines of small, neatly inked letters. A pale, whiter watermark of the Black crest is faintly visible on the lower right corner. Identical copies of the paper are fastened with Permanent Sticking Charms to the main door of every Department in the Ministry, including the door of the cabin of Minister of Magic.

To The Ministry Of Magic,

This missive is addressed to all those involved in matters of governance in the Ministry, and the general wizarding public. I am writing it. I know that a letter through the Daily Prophet would have been more appropriate. But I didn't want the people to think that these are empty words.

I am twenty-three years old. I am male. Accordingly, I have been sent a letter by the Ministry to comply with Article 203. I am eligible for the Marriage Law.

According to Article 203, the Ministry is going to decide my future for me. I never thought of marriage, before, except as a joke. I would make a horrible father. But the Ministry says I am to marry. They care more about the number of children, than the way they are brought up. They're asking children in Hogwarts to reproduce too. But it is the law. So I must marry.

I do not want to do it. I know many others do not, either. But they will keep silent, and not say a thing.

I did not want to initially write this letter either. I wanted to stay free, unassailed by law, and so contribute to change; to help British society barely wobbling on its knees and make a difference. But I didn't want people to think that I spoke empty words.

I am writing now, to inform the Ministry of Magic that I will be unable to follow their law. I refuse to. And I apologise for it, because I was raised to respect regulations and those who enforced them. But I am the citizen of a free nation, and I have rights to freedom, which are being violated. So I refuse to comply with the Marriage Law, and accordingly am liable to being punished by being sentenced to Azkaban. I accept it. My assigned partner has no part to play in this decision, and so no part of blame goes to her. I am the only one to be convicted.

I will arrive in the Atrium at 9 a.m. sharp tomorrow, to hand myself over to the Ministry. If anyone has an objection against the Law, they are free to join me, and hence sign below this paper.

I know no one will.

It is not my intention to disrupt, interfere or create problems in the government in these already strife-laden times. But I cannot submit to a legislation which I cannot in good conscience follow. I have no other choice.

Thanking you,
Yours in all sincerity,
Albus Severus Potter
Albus S Potter
Albus S Potter
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 454
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Yours In All Sincerity (A Letter To The Ministry) Empty Re: Yours In All Sincerity (A Letter To The Ministry)

Post by Charlottle Morgan Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:31 am

As Charlottle was walking around the ministry she came across a strange letter.
One by the boy named Albus Potter.
She knew him.
They had been in the same grade at Hogwarts.
She didn't always intract with him.
But sure, she knew who he was.
He was in all her classes for her first 5 years at Hogwarts.
She wanted to join.
Badly.
It was wrong to make people get married. It was a consttutional monarchy. Contitutional. Aka in someways a Democracy with a royal family.
But she couldn't give up what she had just gainned.
It was selfish. Truely it was.
She was a slytherin.
Surround by a gryffindor family.
Maybe a bit of a rebel. Trying to break free. Asking the sorting hat to be in Slytherin.
But if she was such a bad fit for slytherin she couldn't have been put there! Right?
So at the bottom she signned.

I agree with this statement.
-Charlottle
Charlottle Morgan
Charlottle Morgan
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top