Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn, and cauldron bubble! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn, and cauldron bubble! - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn, and cauldron bubble! - Page 2 Empty Re: Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!

Post by Kenneth C. Knight Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:51 am

Kenneth's eyes widened as he seen one of his best friends hit the floor like a sack of potatoes. Getting out of his seat Kenneth kneeled beside Maura looking at Shane. "Come on mate, you gotta wake up or something!"said Kenneth. Looking at the Hufflepuff table for Jaybee and Carson he gave them a worried look before looking at Olivia and Jamie giving them the same look.

Seeing a couple of Slytherins laughing at Maura he shot them a dirty look. "Keep laughing and I give you something to laugh about!" Kenneth growled at them as they stopped laughing. Seeing Romeo laughing Kenneth gotten up and headed towards him pointing his wand at his throat. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't blast you into the next world?"Kenneth asked him in a voice that wasn't like his. He actually looked scary, Kenneth didn't take things lightly when it came to people messing with his friends or loved ones.

"I know you had something to do with this, so you better speak up you prick!" Kenneth angrily with fire in his eyes. "I don't care if I get detention or expelled, you don't mess with my friends!" Kenneth told him about hit him with a jinx. But Maura's voice stopped him. "You better be lucky Maura stopped me."Kenneth shot at Romeo before he turned back to Maura. "You know Maura is right, it isn't worth my time or enegry to waste good magic on you!"said Kenneth.
Kenneth C. Knight
Kenneth C. Knight
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn, and cauldron bubble! - Page 2 Empty Re: Double, double toil and trouble. Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!

Post by Henry Yewbeam Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:17 am

(OOC: sorry just wanted to through Annabelle in as a spectator) 

Annabelle:- 
Since starting Hogwarts a month ago so much had happened already it was crazy. Annabelle had already managed to had three, not so fortunate, run-ins with Peeves; she'd found out about a pair of second year Ravenclaw's that were secretly dating and she'd already found out how to get into the prefects bathroom. Well, once she'd seen inside the first year could hardly not figure out the password. After many evenings hidden behind the suite of armour beside the entrance she'd caught ear of the password: 'Colourful Bubbles' for the first term. No doubt it'd change like the common room password that altered almost every fortnight. Because Annabelle had no idea how long she'd have access to the bathroom she left no time to tell all the first year Slytherin's how to get in and they'd even had a midnight pool party. That was fun, and another was needed soon.

Annabelle enjoyed to be at the heart of what was going on, being an extrovert that wasn't a surprise. Although any opportunity for discovering gossip or figuring out another of the castle's secrets the Slytherin was there. Who cared about astronomy and history of magic when there was drama all around the castle, drama which had now fallen beneath the mysterious ceiling of The Great Hall.

'Oh My God!' Annabelle cried in her French/English cocktail accent. Her eyes had widened in delight and a gasp of sudden astonishment and honour escaped her mouth at the sight of a Hufflepuff running down the hall head to toe in warts - ugly warts at that, not that any wart is attractive but these were turning purple and sprouting hairs! 

She needed to get a closer look, she needed all the details, this was too good to miss out on! Standing up on her bench to get a closer look she paused. A Gryffindor seemed to have fainted and another was marching towards Romeo Zabini. Annabelle didnt know the fifth year Slytherin personally but she knew of him. After all, he was a handsome quidditch player who wouldn't know about him? It was a shame he didn't go for younger girls, not that Annabelle was overly bothered she was more interested in the drama unfolding before her eyes. 

However when Kenneth withdrew his wand she didn't gasp or raise her hand to her mouth like her fellow peers. Instead she stepped down from the bench and made a slight pout and a raised eyebrow. 'You'll hardly attack him with all the Professor's gazing over.' She stated with a rather matter-of-fact tone nodding her head to Professor Cooper who appeared to be moving towards the pair. 

'Besides, what makes you think he had anything to do with the wart girl anyway?' Annabelle wasn't rude, she didnt come across rude, merely curious. The Slytherin liked to know details and here was first hand information ready to report back to her first year friends. 

---

Romeo:- 
Was it in Kenneth's eyes or was it Romeo's imagination? It seemed that Kenneth really hated him, which was understandable, but Kenneth had no idea it was Romeo. Then again Gryffindor's had no idea about anything, they always charged in without thinking. 

Before Romeo could reply, however, a young girl with long dark locks had intervened and sure enough she was right. Professor Cooper was on her way over, a stern look pressed upon her face. Kenneth didn't have a leg to stand on. Romeo could relax and sure enough he felt his tended up muscles relax as he looked in Annabelle's direction. 'He wouldn't dare anyway.' He grinned.

----

Amelia:-
'What's going on here?' Amelia asked looking from Romeo to Kenneth to the wand between the two. In one of her first charms classes she'd had to deal with Romeo Zabini and a Gryffindor, he certainly was living up to the traditional inter-house rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin. 

'Kenneth, please lower your wand.' It was odd how she went about things. Amelia was the authority figure yet she was asking Kenneth to lower his wand. It was merely more polite. Perhaps that's why the students warmed to her? She didn't boss them about and when she did give instructions or discipline it was always in a calm manner. Then again, she'd been through enough in her life to have a raging fire in her belly. Life was short. She'd lost a husband, a son (who she'd be reunited with) and a part of herself. Even after meeting Toby once more there was still a sad, calm, relaxed, fightless part of her inside.
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 114
Special Abilities : Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:28 am

Not caring that people were laughing at her, Maura was more worried about Shane. He been there for her when she needed him, now was her turn to return the favor. "Kenneth no, it's not worth it!"Maura called after him as she seen him heading towards Romeo. Although she had a feeling he had something to do with it, but it still wasn't worth Kenneth's time wasting his time or energy on him. Keeping her hood up Maura looked at Shane with worry in her eyes.

Seeing Professor Cooper talking to Kenneth she shook her head. "Oh geez Kenneth, always have to get yourself in trouble in a time of need!"Maura sighed to herself. Seeing Carson at the Hufflepuff table she waved her hands for him to come over towards she was at. She needed some help and she needed someone to comfort her, she was starting to lose it. "Come one Shane, please wake up!"Maura called softly to him as tears came down her face.

"We got to get him up and send him to the Hospital Wing or something!"Maura thought to herself. She couldn't do it alone, she needed some help. Besides, she wasn't going to leave Shane on the floor in the Great Hall. "Come on guys help me!"Maura thought to herself.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenneth C. Knight Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:57 am

Kenneth looked at the girl and laughed. "You apparently doesn't know this prick, and her name isn't wart girl her name is Maura!"Kenneth spat at the girl before he glared back at Romeo. "You have no idea what I'll do to a prick like him when I'm pissed off."said Kenneth angrily. About to course before Professor Cooper was behind him he glared at Romeo with his wand raised.

Lowering his wand he turned to Professor Cooper. "Good evening Professor Cooper."said Kenneth pocketing his wand. "Sorry Professor, I just got angry for what he did to Maura and Shane."said Kenneth. "I know I can't prove that it was him, but he told us he was going to get back at us!"said Kenneth honestly. "Look what he done to Maura Professor!"said Kenneth.

"Maura didn't have the warts until Romeo headed towards Hufflepuff table towards Maura and Shane didn't faint until he took a drink of his water which Romeo was by."said Kenneth. "I'm not saying this just because I hate him Professor, I'm saying this because I beleive he had something to do with this although he's going to deny it!"said Kenneth.

Kenneth C. Knight
Kenneth C. Knight
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:49 am

Annabelle just rolled her eyes at Kenneth, for a seventh year he really was childish although Annabelle was secretly hoping for a duel to spice things up even more. Unfortunately that didn't seem to happen as Kenneth began to lower his wand. 

'I didn't do anything!' Romeo blurted out defensively 'And when you attack me when my back is turned I'm hardly not going to WANT some sort if payback.' Romeo replied, casually dropping in the fact he was stunned when his back was turned. He tried to keep it from the Slytherin's but it was rather a coward thing to do (jinxing when their back is turned) and would hopefully shine Kenneth and his motley crew in a bad light. 

'You jinxed him with his back turned?' Annabelle gasped, her eyes ready to pop with excitement. This was the best drama all week and the Slytherin wanted to know more and more.

'That's enough, Annabelle.' Amelia interrupted. She was cautious of Annabelle, purely because she was a Carrow. It was when Amelia had been a second year when the Carrow's had reigned over Hogwarts along with Severus Snape. She'd never forget how dark and evil they'd be to students. Never. 

Still, Annabelle may be different to them. She had a slight French accent so mustn't have grown up surrounded by the Carrow traditions. Perhaps she would be okay, then again, once you're a Carrow you're always a Carrow.

'Oh this is getting ridiculous now.' Amelia announced, trying not to hide the smile of how it reminded her of a time when Hallie and Toby had been bickering for weeks as children. 'Kenneth you can't just go blurting out someone did something when they never. I think you and Mr Zabini need time away from each other and if I see you arguing again, or with wands out it'll be detention and points lost for the both of you.'

Amelia was usually calm, sad, a little out of energy. But she was a Mother and had received enough practice in disciplining Hallie and Toby that it came natural to her. She would stick to her word. If she ever saw them together again arguing then that was the toe over the line.

'Now, what was that you were saying about Sh-' She paused. A crowd of students had huddled near the Gryffindor table and, was that Maura?

Rushing over, and asking students to move from her way Amelia arrived at the second scene of drama. Maura was head to toe in purple warts whilst Shane was out cold. Perhaps Kenneth had been right, maybe Romeo had done something. Unless... No. This couldn't be another Bertie Nogard fiasco. Amelia couldn't see another student die to a magical bug or any sort of disease. 

'Maura please go to the hospital wing.' She told her daughters best friend whilst waving her wand and conjuring a stretcher, of which she levitated Shane onto and waved her wand to send him off to the hospital wing.

(OOC: sorry for kind of Godmodding Shane at the end! Do you guys want to continue this as though they're at the hospital wing?) 
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:35 pm

(Yeah sure, I'll start it in the Hospital Wing! Wink)
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top