Through the Doors
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Through the Doors Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Through the Doors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Through the Doors Empty Through the Doors

Post by Leonara Lynwood Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:23 pm

King's Cross Station was bustling as always - students and parents, both anxious, paced back and forth. The smell of burning sulfur drifted through the long walkways. The sounds of chatter, whispers, and roars came in a dysfunctional blur. A wailing mother smothered her embarrassed son in wet kisses. A father clapped his hands on his daughter's shoulder, smiling proudly. To either the confident seventh year or the unsure first year, each would say their goodbyes in whatever matter they chose, then ventured onto their next adventure.

Leonara Lila Lynwood, one of these, lay lax against her mother's embrace. "Leo, darling," Delia Lynwood stated, tears unshed and voice subtly wavering, "You make me proud." Delia released her daughter, dusted herself off, and stood straight.

Leo grinned, standing ramrod straight as her mother. "Waves be cold and bread will mold; as sure as these, I'll be gold!"

Her mother raised an eyebrow. "Even if the waves be gold and the bread, sourdough - I will always be proud." She sighed. "But try to keep the rhymes to a minimum around friends, yes? Just," Delia's eyes grew worried, "Just don't isolate yourself. Not like your father. Not like me."

A giggle escaped from Leo. "Alrighty, then. I'll try."

"I love you, and so does your father." Delia smiled. "He really wanted to be here."

"It's okay. I know he's busy with work." Leo's eyes flickered downwards, but quickly rose to meet her mother's. "I love you."

With these few words, Leo Lynwood watched her mother leave through the barrier that separated their station. Leo turned abruptly and stared at the mighty train, ready to take her away. The machine seemed even larger than before, almost growing in her vision. She stared, not noticing the crowds around her. Suddenly, she was ripped out of her trance by the loud 'thump' of her suitcase falling over onto the ground.
Leonara Lynwood
Leonara Lynwood
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Through the Doors Empty Re: Through the Doors

Post by Jonathan Finch-Fletchley Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:45 pm

It had been a fun summer, he had to admit. He got to be with his friends, hang around his little brother and be away from his parents for a while. The only bad thing had been the full moons where he'd suffered through the same transformation that had plagued him for the past ten years. If you thought it got better, you were right for the most part, but there were times when it just got worse.

Nathan Finch-Fletchley was still as optimistic as ever, though. Even if his stepmother was shouting at the top of her lungs at his father, spitting in his face how incompetent he was. For once, Nathan agreed with her on something. With a roll of his eyes, the sixteen year old watched the fight from the stairs where he and his brother sat, waiting for them to finish so they could finally leave and get to King's Cross Station.

"Just a little longer and we'll be home free. We can go to back to the castle and get away from all of this for another year." Nathan whispered softly in his brother's ear who was obviously upset over the fighting. The younger boy looked up and nodded. "I know, but I just wish that for once, they'd get along. Like he did with Mum." Nathan's eyes darkened for a moment at the mention of his deceased mother. "Yeah."

"Why can't you do anything right?!"

"I haven't done anything wrong. I go out and work all day, you stay here and do nothing with your miserable life!"

"Excuse me?! I stay here and take care of your children!"

"Two of them are yours as well!"

"Well, the twins don't give me that much work. I bet those other two brats of your take after their mother and that's why they're so unruly!"

Nathan immediately got up from the stairs and jumped down. "Shut up!" he shouted. "Don't talk about my mum that way! At least she could actually take care of her children, unlike you!" he spat at the woman who now called herself his mother. She stared at him, shocked by his sudden reaction and she scoffed, turning away.

"Let's go. I need to get the two of you to King's Cross before I go to work."

The crowds of people that were entering the station was unbelievable. So many witches and wizards heading toward Platform 9 3/4 and Nathan was just one of them out of the many that were nearly trampling over one another to get onto the train first. The redheaded boy pushed his way through the crowds with his brother and father before they were finally able to make it in.

Nathan was surprised his father hadn't said anything about his outburst toward his stepmother. He wanted to ask, but Nate knew better than to push what was surely about to explode and he just continued walking until they made it to the Hogwarts Express. Nathan and Ares turned to their father who smiled - sadly as Nate noted - at them before he put a hand on each of their heads, rustling their hair.

"Dad!" Nathan slapped his hand away, before fixing his hair. Justin laughed and looked at his watch. "I should get going, I don't want to be late. The two of you should board soon so you don't get left behind." Nathan nodded as he grabbed Ares by his shoulders and began pushing him toward the train. "Good luck Dad. See you during break." Nathan smiled, before his father left the platform.

Ares had already ran into the train, and Nathan was about to when saw a girl's suitcase fall in front of him. He leaned down and set it back up, smiling at the girl. "Hi!" he said happily, "Are you going to be a first year?" he asked the girl.
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Jonathan Finch-Fletchley
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Through the Doors Empty Re: Through the Doors

Post by Leonara Lynwood Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:56 am

"Oh!" Leo smiled, looking up at the boy. He was a friendly-looking sort, and in his head were some of the most affable eyes she had ever seen. Perhaps not the warmest, but this boy was without doubt, Leo thought, an outgoing type.

Realizing that she had downright ignored the boy's question for the past few seconds, Leo shook her head once and then laughed. "Sorry," she said, "I've rather lost my head to windy skies and misty eyes." Leo grinned and held out her hand. "Leonara Lila Lynwood; but please, call me Leo. Yes, I'm a first year. How did you guess?"
Leonara Lynwood
Leonara Lynwood
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top