Murder At The Ministry
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Murder At The Ministry Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Murder At The Ministry

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Murder At The Ministry Empty Murder At The Ministry

Post by Hallie Cooper Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 pm

CRACK! Hallie had arrived besides an old red phone box with smashed and graffitied windows. Looking down the witch saw that Charlotte had successfully side-apparated alongside with her. Luckily she'd managed to guide her well enough, similarly tingle she had done with Maura - although this time the criminal wasn't getting away.

Hallie pointed her wand at the tip of Charlottes head and casted an anti-apparition charm. If the pro beater were to wake up, she wouldn't be able to get away so quick. Afterwards the auror thought the word incarcerous[/u], conjuring thick ropes that wound around Charlotte's body, tying in a knot around the mid. 

Grasping the end of the rope that dangled from the knot Hallie dragged her captive into the telephone box and dialled 6 2 4 4 2. The sound of the welcome witch's voice rang around the booth request Hallie's name and her business before ejecting two badges - one for Charlotte and one for herself.

Before she knew it the telephone box had descended feet underground into the atrium that was lined with firegrates and the statue of Magical Bertham at the top by the welcome desk.

[I]Mobilicorpus
Charlotte's body Rose inches above the ground and her head flopped like a puppet with cut strings. Keeping her wand directed besides her on Topez's body Hallie hastily cantered down the atrium to the elevators, pulling the rails back and stepping inside. 

'Courtrooms.' Hallie instructed the elevator, which soon pulled away and worked it's way through the many passages down to the courtrooms, opening itself up for the auror to step out with the levitating death eater.

The Walls were black and shiny, yet the passages narrow in the older part of the Ministry. Two death eaters stood ahead, blocking the entrance that led to the over night cells where criminals stayed awaiting their trial. Hopefully Charlotte would only spend a week there max before being carted off to Azkaban. 

'Expecto Patronum.' Hallie spoke, flourishing her wand ahead that conjured a guardian that was all that kept Hallie going. Being happy. The memory that she called upon was when she was seven years old, the day before her Father had died. The four of them, her Mother, Father, brother and  her had gone to the nearby village of Ambleside. Together the family had headed up a leaf-strewn route by a stream, had a picnic by waterfalls and rapids. It was the last time they had been whole. 

The White lioness with smokey blue lines pranced ahead, leaving a path for Hallie to travel through as the pair of dementors moved aside. 

Hallie passed cells where criminals or potential criminals were lying awake, wide eyed gazing upon at the black ceiling. Finally she reached an empty cell: Cell Six. 

Pushing open the unlocked door Hallie laid Charlotte on the empty bed with he wand, vanished the ropes with evanesco and slammed the door shut, closing the bolt across and the front and tapping it with her wand. 

Then Hallie followed her patronus along the empty passages and through the empty ministry up to the auror office to write a report on what had happened ready for the Wizengarmot in the morning - Charlotte's wand fastened tightly by hers safe inside her robes. 
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Murder At The Ministry Empty Re: Murder At The Ministry

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Struggling to open her eyes, expecting them to be blinded by sunlight pouring through her mansion windows she was disappointed. 

Lifting herself up from her sprawled position she mustered the strength to walk across to a sink and mirror.

Pressing her hands on the edge of the sink she leaned forward and stared at her reflection. Her nose was broken and blood had dried hard and gritty-like on her face. A bruise on her forehead and a hard lump was present, meanwhile her hair was messy and a small cut slit through her bottom lip. 

However, upon her look into the mirror she realised that she wasn't alone. 'Whats going on?' She asked the balding man who was say in the corner on a wooden chair, a clipboard in hand and a quill in the other. 

'You were caught in a battle at the shrieking shack.' Her manager began to explain. 'A trainee auror captured you and brought you here when you were knocked unconscious when you, uhh, tripped over your own feet.' Her manager said, hesitating not wanting to insult the domineering lady. 

Charlotte looked down at her feet. They were slightly swollen but nothing compared to last night. She remember. Jack Dyllan had been there, she was the one who had broken her nose during Charlotte's attempt to kill her. It appeared that the quidditch player had failed. Her career would surely be over if the Daily Prophet had got wind of this and they surely would have.

'I have asked the Ministry to expel no details of your involvement until your trial is over.' Her manager, who dealt with everything from her schedule to legal advisement. 'Your name hasn't yet appeared in the Prophet.' He informed her, holding out the morning issue, which collected walking over to read it. 

A large motion picture of the shack in ruins was on the front page. The article was very brief, however. There was a short interview will a villager who had apparated to the Ministry for help upon seeing flames and hearing the commotion. Yet, the Prophet was still asking for eyewitnesses to come forth to help inform the nation of what actually happened. Clearly this was going to be a regularly featured affair. 

'Although, we can not stop anybody else from coming forth. The aurors have been told to ignore the Prophet's questions, much to the dislike of a Miss Hallie Cooper.' The balding man continued. 'But, there is still the problem of eye witnesses. There is no mistaking you were there Charlotte.' He said, the most sternly that he had ever spoken to her. Her manager hadn't been aware of her death eater inclinations although it didn't surprise him. Nothing ever did with Miss Topez anymore. 

'B-but can we do anything?' Charlotte gasped, taking a seat on the chair besides her Manager. Her voice shaking and full of fear. At present her identity was safe, she wasn't going to be shunned by the Quidditch industry, but they needed to act fast to keep it that way.

'You have a trial tomorrow morning at ten o clock. I have arranged with someone from the department of magic law enforcement for you to present names and details of activity for the Ministry to act upon. I believe, if we do this successfully then you will be set free and cleared of all charges - which means that any eye witnesses would look like liars and the Daily Prophet would wipe your name clear meaning you'd be free to continue your path to glory.' The last words he spoke somewhat passionately. 'Although I must leave you. I have business to stop your name getting to the Prophet.' He said, raising from the chair and handing her the clipboard full of parchment attached.

'Here is my plan. Suggestions on how you go about it. I will meet with you tomorrow morning before the trial but right now I need to protect your image.' He said before sweeping out of the room, the door bolting magically shut behind him as the manager left Charlotte sitting on the chair peering down at the notes.

Names. Activity. How could she display this information without getting chased by death eaters? katrina-Carlotta would surely want her tortured at best. Despite that her Quidditch career was far more important than Death Eater relations.

Hopefully she would be free tomorrow then... Then they would have to come up with a plan to evade the death eaters. Perhaps the Ministry would keep it to themselves that she has given names. Yes. That would work. It would stop awkward questions with the prophet at death eaters.

Getting up Charlotte walked to the bed and collapsed upon it, stretching back to look at the ceiling. The room was cold and she felt that happiness was sinking away from her but she knew she had to remain strong.

'I must give names. Then I will be free and nobody will know' She told herself in an attempt to boost morale. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:04 am

Jude had been very curious as to what would happen to Charlotte Topez. Before he had met with Lorcan d'Eath regarding his daughter, he had dispatched a letter to his personal assistant and beloved stalker Ferdinand Gullstrone to search out Ms Topez. He had suggested he monitor the holding cells and Auror offices and had found he had been correct. Immediately after departing from his meeting with Mr. d'Eath, he found a return letter informing him of what Ferdinand had found.

Ms Topez had been detained by Hallie Cooper. Ferdinand had been given the file as he flouted the authority of being the Undersecretary's assistant, and found that they were negotiating a trade off - names for freedom. Charlotte would be potentially allowed off so long as she agreed to give the names of other Death Eaters. Well, that simply would not do. Jude would have to pay Ms Topez a brief visit.
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 210
Special Abilities : Leglimancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:28 pm

The day seemed to be the longest day in Charlotte's lifetime. Over and over she thought about which death eaters she would name. The D'eaths, Katrina-Carlotta, Aaron, Richard, Jude. Then there was Rivah Trenton.

The pair weren't exactly friends although they did get along rather well. During meetings they had each others backs, they shared the same views and were both undercover death eaters. It seemed that if Charlotte were to give Rivah's name then it would estrange from the closest person she has to a friend because, despite being famous, Charlotte lived a lonely, friendless life.

On the other hand Rivah would most likely not know if the Ministry agreed to keep the whole trial quiet and make a public speech of her being brought in as a misunderstanding. However, Trenton worked for the department of magical creatures and would most likely look up at what happened during her trial.

Charlotte couldn't muse what time it was. There was no clock, no windows no slightest inclination of whether it was evening or afternoon. Whichever it was Charlotte didn't care she simply lay on the bed staring up at the ceiling, listening to the occasional muffled footsteps outside her cell and the mutterings of other inmates talking to themselves.

I need to get out of here and back on that pitch. She thought to herself, completely regretting ever joining forces with the death eaters. 

Four hours later it was silent. The sound of footsteps had stopped. The sound of voices had been replaced by snores and Charlotte was still in her cell, little did she know she wouldn't be there for long...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Jude hurried down to the dungeons, a silvery lynx leading the way so he would not feel the effects of the dementors that prevented any people being held from running off. The memory of becoming Head Boy held up strong, as always, for it reminded him that he was intended for great things and there was no way some Quidditch Diva would be the one to come in between him and his imminent greatness. He had no fears in his head, for he was certain they had prepared well for a situation such as this. It was time to give their friend some help out of a sticky situation.

He peeked into the cell and confirmed Charlotte's location, before quickly scrawling at the proper number on a memo. The rest was already written and he sent off the memo, before hurrying to take his own place before the action begun.

- - -

The memo found Elijah Krum quickly, as it was sent by a special spell torpedoed by urgency. It read simply :

Ms Topez, occupant of Cell 6, finds her stay inconvenient and has found means to take early leave. It is our duty to make sure her leave is earlier than even she hoped for.

We will be ready in the Atrium.

((So, this could be Eli's cue to come and get her out and lead her into the ambush. I'm sure the Death Eaters already sort of know what to do on such an occasion. I could NPC the actual killer if you wish. Jude will be helping.))
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:14 pm

The Death Eaters were running amuck, again.

In the office of the Deputy Minister, the light was low and intimate, the blinds drawn and the blackout curtains scarring across the wall, breaking up the blockade of intricate filigree laid into scarlet wallpaper framed in the middle, lower and higher echelons with equally golden stripes which he suspected idly to be merely painted on, not a show of extravagance they could ill afford. The budget had certainly made claiming expenses a very difficult thing to do without the Mudbloods and Blood-Traitors sniffing around, condemning the livelihoods Purebloods were required to keep, more for others than for themselves.

Exhaling a mouthful of silvery cigarette smoke into the air, Elijah observed the woman strewn out across the chaise lounge over the other side of the room by the door. Her chest was rising and falling slowly, her hair matted against her forehead and part, also, splayed across the cushions. She was nude but for a negligible sheet that Elijah had found to strew over her after she, spent, fell into a blissful slumber. Certainly, he felt rejuvenated, his bones, his blood and his heart having forgotten how good it felt to give into lust, to enjoy, rightly, the women that swanned around him.

Stubbing out the cigarette, Elijah rose from his chair. He padded across the oriental carpets that concealed the hardwood, dark stained floor beneath and picked up his shirt, sliding his arms into it and quickly buttoning it up. After fixing his tie in place and tucking the shirt into his trousers, Elijah donned his robes, picked up his wand and left his office, mumbling quietly to Millie on the desk that, at her leisure, she should make sure Ms. Dolohov found her way out. Millie nodded and without hesitation rose to eject the woman from Elijah’s office.

From there, the wizard made his way through the Ministry and down towards the courtrooms. He rather enjoyed making his way down to the holding cells and conversing lightly with those who would, nine times out of ten, make it to Azkaban only to be mysteriously let go and then be employed into Elijah’s household. He had no less than ten witches and wizards of worrying past behaviours in his employ and thus far they had not given him trouble beyond that which he’d expect.

This night, it was another recruitment drive, of course, but also, a different reason.

Another cigarette had been lit, smoked and abandoned by the time Elijah reached Cell Six. What he expected, he found. A shadow of a witch, one which was, regrettably, too busy trying to look out for herself than for the other Death Eaters. A mistake, naturally. One they had seen before.

“Have you ever met Igor Karkaroff, Ms. Topez?” Elijah asked idly, his hands in his pockets, as a guard opened up the cell. “He was quite the interesting fellow, so I am told. Tragically, however, he died. He was the Grand Master of Durmstrang - a favourite amongst its Alumni. A Death Eater.”

Elijah’s eyes probed Charlotte’s for a moment before twisting his mouth into an open, indulgent and friendly smile which did not quite reach his eyes.

Elijah lifted his arm up and gestured towards the hallway, an invitation for her to leave.

“Understandably, you’d want to be somewhere more comfortable. Most probably, you’re not a flight risk. Nevertheless, I shall accompany you while the Aurors take their time. A terribly shabby lot but they get the job done, I grant you.”

Elijah smiled again, even brighter, lightening the dimness of the cells, and fell into step with the Death Eater.

“Igor Karkaroff was a particularly interesting fellow, indeed. Barty Crouch Jr. went to Azkaban because of him. He named names, as I’m sure you’re aware.”

They reached the hallway in a timely fashion and Elijah punched the button, calling the elevator from wherever it had been. The capsule arrived quickly and Elijah motioned her to step inside with a smiley, “Ladies’ first.”

He stepped in afterwards and pressed the button for the Atrium. The elevator lurched and dragged itself upwards, to the right, sharply to the left, diagonally and then finally, with a jolt, it arrived at the atrium.

“There was something funny, I thought, about Igor Karkaroff. You see,” Elijah stepped out into the atrium. “He named names but he knew those names because he was loyal to the Dark Lord. Did you know something? You don’t actually stop being a Death Eater. He tried, I grant you, but you never stop. Ever. Do you know how he died, Ms. Topez?” Elijah asked rhetorically before adding, “By the hands of his own comrades.”

(OOC: I moved the thread along a bit. I can edit if we wanted it to draw out a bit more. Feels a wee bit like godmodding for some reason when I didn't do anything to Charlotte - as in move her - but I kind of did at the same time. Arrr. Hope it's okay, anyway. I really enjoyed Eli's forboding. XD)
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:49 am

The clink of the door to cell six startled Charlotte, she volte upright confused for a moment whether it was morning or day, then, the figure of Elijah Krum in the dim light somewhat eased her. A familiar face.

He mentioned Igor Karkaroff. The death eaters often used the term 'doing a karkaroff' as a joke referring to traitors. She had forgotten that Elijah worked for the ministry and would no doubt she would be aware of her trading names for freedom.

Not wanting to draw attention to a sudden fear of being found out and being at the top of the hit list for death eaters Charlotte collected her notes and walked to the door. 'Your aurors are a great pain in the a**. Especially that blonde one. How embarrassing being thwarted by a blonde bimbo.' 

Little did Topez know that Hallie Cooper was only a trainee auror and would probably feel more humiliated. Nor was she aware that Charlotte had received much lower grades in school, had little morals and understood the world how Hallie understood it. 

Not interrupting she followed Krum to the elevators listening to his story about Igor. He scared her but being cold, emotionless Charlotte, she didnt show her face merely wearing a blank expression. 

Hold on. Where is he taking me? Charlotte thought as they stepped on the elevator and Krum pushed the button for the atrium. Surely there was no comfortable place to hold Charlotte in the.. Atrium? 

She listened as Krum continued mentioning that nobody ever stops being a death eater... How Igor was murdered by fellow death eaters... Surely not. Surely not in the Ministry? Unless he was taking her out of the Ministry.

'Where are we going. I think I would prefer to just stay in cell 6. I was rather comfortable.' There was no mistaking quaver in he voice illustrated a sudden nervousness.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:50 am

The atrium. Large, reflective, and empty for the night. Jude knew this was the least suspicious place for an ambush, for dark business, and yet he waited patiently, a Weasley's Invisibility trench coat hiding his body, the hood pulled up and around his face. His partner, a lackey by the name of McDowel, was waiting eagerly around a pillar, practically panting with the exciting anticipation of proving his worth and ability to Jude.

Jude was not a cruel man. His carnal desires were purely in the sport of lust, not in the exhibition of rage. He was not bloodthirsty, but he did crave power, and political power was lost when one was thought to be bloodthirsty. There was no way Ms Topez could spoil all he had worked for, all Eli had worked for. They really had no other option. It was best to get it over and done with so they could all move on with their lives.

Her fans would move on.
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:24 pm

His spiel was, as ever, pointless and endearingly easy to listen to but it was something that Elijah had been wondering over himself and as he studied Charlotte out of the corner of his eye, she appeared as unsettled as he felt. No amount of shared disquiet could deter him though and as they moved into the atrium, Elijah’s pleasant smile returned with full force, brightening a little more in time with the tappity-tap of his expensive Italian shoes against the marble of the atrium floor.

“Embarrassing indeed,” Elijah observed belatedly, his eyes sparkling as though distracted and never quite committing to the situation at hand. “Who would’ve thought it? A little...blonde bimbo, as you say, of a trainee Auror beating a seasoned Death Eater. Dearie me, you are losing your touch. It’s probably best we did pick you up lest you did some serious harm to yourself.”

Elijah tutted dramatically and rolled his eyes before moving towards the fountain which had been lit up in tandem with the setting of the sun which had occurred less than three hours before.

“Surely not?” Elijah asked incredulously, not caring to linger for her rebuttal before gesturing to the fountain. “It’s such a pretty water feature at night; it’d be a shame to miss out on enjoying it during your last hours here with us.” Elijah’s smile tightened a little and he ducked his head, conceding something which had not been said before turning and looking up at the structure bursting forth with great purple plumes of water.

“Perhaps you’d like something to eat? Would that suit you better?” He offered, extending his arm to her in a gentlemanly fashion that his mother had always, always drilled into him. If he was going to sign someone’s figurative death warrant he had to do so with chivalric style and, let’s not forget, a smile.

(OOC: Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that I made a rhyme in my last sentence? Thanks.)
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Charlotte's eye narrowed. There was something in the way that Krum was behaving that didn't seem normal. Sure he was a traditional man and held up to traditional values but he seemed overly calm. Too calm. 

Her eyes caught a large clock behind the reception desk. It was quarter past four in the morning. She knew that she had found it troublesome to sleep but hadn't realised that in two or three hours time the early workers would be arriving. 

Hold on. That didnt make sense. Why was she being moved now when her trial was in a few hours? What were a few more hours in cell six going to do to her? Unresolved questions and answers she couldn't find were polluting her mind. Nothing made sense.

'No I'm not hungry. I'm tired and want to go back to bed before my trial in the morning.' She snapped. Wow. Charlotte was cold but to snap in a situation that was clouded by mysterious mist was a little too far. Perhaps it was the worry.

Glancing at the fountain she turned on her heel and headed back to the elevator, ready to lock herself in cell six where her manager would meet her. 

However the sudden sound of muffled footsteps and sweeping robes distracted her from this. Two cloaked wizards had Rose from behind the fountain, another - Dolohov - had stepped from behind a pillar and was standing in her path blocking the elevator.

Turning around she noticed there were more death eaters, emerging from behind pillars - two were on one of the balcony's above. No. She'd be ambushed and she didn't have a wand. 

(OOC: do you guys want to do a bit of small talk first or head right into it? Either way can one of the spells hit a deathie by accident so Charlotte can grab a wand? Haha) 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top