Try As You Might
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Try As You Might Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Try As You Might

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Try As You Might Empty Try As You Might

Post by Lucien Holt Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Keiran was due to leave for Hogwarts in about a month, but was taking a day off from preparing and the like to meet with Carter, one of mates. They were due to watch a match and have a late lunch that afternoon. It really had been ages since Keiran had seen the other man, and was looking forward to it.

The Holyhead Harpies were going against the National Irish team, which of course, Keiran was rooting for. He wasn't sure who Carter preferred, but he almost hoped it was the Harpies so it would be more entertaining. Either way, the two would be able to talk strategy, catch up, and whatever else they felt like having a chat about.

Opening the door to The Leaky, Keiran walked up to the bar and reserved a seat next to himself for Carter when he arrived. The Irishman was always early, so it wasn't surprising that his friend wasn't there yet. Settling in, Keiran ordered a beer and a water - he had no intention of getting drunk; he never really did.
Lucien Holt

Number of posts : 612
Special Abilities : Seer l Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Try As You Might Empty Re: Try As You Might

Post by Carter Griggory Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Jamie,Carter's Sister,asked him"Are you going out?"

Carter replied"Yes and you have to take care of Austin."Carter walked out of the house and apparated inside the leaky cauldron.

He knew Keiran was an early comer so he didn't want to be late.He saw Keiran sitting at the bar."Long time no see my friend."As he grabbed the chair Keiran had reserved for him.

"I guess you are an Irish fan, right?As he remembered who the match participants were.
Carter Griggory
Carter Griggory
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Holt Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Keiran looked up as Carter came in and joined him. "Ello, mate." He replied, feeling rather stereotypical as he did so. At least he was actually from the United Kingdom, so he could get away with it.

Keiran chuckled, "Of course! And you? The Harpies or the Irish? Choose well." He joked good-naturedly, taking a drink of his beer. It had been a long time since he had really just spent a day with a friend and relaxed. This day was going to be just what he needed.
Lucien Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Griggory Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Carter smiled as he heard the voice of his friend."Well, my team would have to be the Irish because I don't really like the Harpies."He said honestly.

He had ordered a butterbeer,it was long since he had tried one of this."So has the game already started?"Seeing it was ads that were on the tv.He took a drink from his cup and cleaned off the leftover on his upper lip by licking it."So how's life?"
Carter Griggory
Carter Griggory
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Holt Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 pm

"Excellent answer, mate." Keiran laughed openly. Watching a waiter drop off a drink for Carter, Keiran leaned back in the chair, glancing at the screen which would show the game.

"It's about to, yeah," He replied, considering ordering something to snack on while they watched, but shaking it off. If he thought he was hungry in a bit he would do so.

In regards to Carter's question, Keiran shrugged dramatically. "It's been slow, honestly. I've just started packing to head back to the school and all. Other than that, I've been seeing a few friends here and there, but nothing extensive." Gesturing to Carter with the hand not holding his drink he added, "And you? Anything interesting happening lately?"
Lucien Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Griggory Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Carter smiled, he knew that Keiran was Irish and like him he liked the Irish team."It's because I thought I was late.I actually thought you had been here longer because you like to be early to things."

He was happy to see his old friend again."Things new in my life.First I have a kid.His name is Austin.He is with Jamie my sister.You didn't meet her in Hogwarts by the way she is too young to have known you from Hogwarts.Two I'm a trainee auror"He said thinking his life was moving to fast."Mine is a bit slow too."Saying in a sarcastic tone.
Carter Griggory
Carter Griggory
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum