I Know You Have It;; - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I Know You Have It;; - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I Know You Have It;;

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Know You Have It;; - Page 2 Empty Re: I Know You Have It;;

Post by Simon Marek Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Audriana nearly smiled as as he poured her drink. The idea died quickly as he paused, turning to look at her carefully after her question. Groaning mentally, she knew she would regret giving him the opportunity. But it really was the easiest way to ensure that she got what she wanted. If he thought she was caving, it could work out well for her. Seeing his smug expression worried her for a bit, though.

Rather than show how anxious she had suddenly become, she took the drink he passed her, watching him over the rim as she drank the red liquid. As always, alcohol burned slightly as it passed down her throat, but she was used to it after her coming of age made drinking occasionally okay.

However, his question nearly made her choke on her drink. Instead her eyes just widened as she lowered the glass back to the counter, staring back. His eyes felt like they were looking right through her as she asked, "Excuse me?" Raising an eyebrow at him, she added, "I do, actually." Whatever she had been expecting, this wasn't it. How could he get something he wanted out of her history with the sport?
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Ivanov Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 am

Robin smiled widely, his eyes dancing. He clapped his hands together as if it was settled. "Excellent! I've got a game on Saturday in Holyhead. Will you come?" Not that she really had a choice. He grinned at her and felt a sense of success that yes, he had won. Even if she didn't know it yet. That was the joy of their little game - that in the end they both felt like they were coming out as the victor. Audriana got her prize, and Robin got his ego boost. A win-win.

The real reason that their little stand-off always ended like this was because Robin didn't actually need the money from what he took. Most of what he needed to collect was either for the goodwill of his clients or personal boredom. His family had enough money they could buy half the land in Russia if they put their minds to it. There was no rime or reason why the son of people like that should steal petty trinkets off of old ladies. At times Robin had pondered that perhaps the only reason he acted in such a way was simply because he could and no one would stop him.

He was too clever for them anyway. Too clever for everyone but her. She had caught him the first time when he had not wanted to be caught. And since then Robin had allowed her to come after him and back into his life but he had never forgotten that smug look on her face when she found him the first time. He couldn't shake the image of triumph in her eyes when she took back the vase, leaving him empty handed. She was the only one who had ever outsmarted him and now he couldn't resist her.

"It'll be lots of fun. I'll get your tickets, your food.. I'll even bring the pom poms."
Robin Ivanov

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Realistically speaking, Audriana wasn't the type to go to matches, even if she knew the participants of a team. What he wanted didn't make sense to her, of course, because they had never really struck bargains of that nature before. Previously it had been things like staying for dinner, or drinks, or things of that nature. Except for that first time. The feeling of beating someone as sneaky as Robin hadn't been forgotten.

"What?" She snapped, stopping her hand before it was about to bring the glass to her lips once more. Glancing at the drink in question, she momentarily questioned what he had given her, setting it down carefully. "Why does that sound like something I would do?"

He was bargaining and she knew she would have to give him what he wanted. She would show up, and sneak away while he was playing. It wasn't like she had a real desire to watch him play the game. Admittedly, the uniforms looked wonderful on guys, but she doubted she would feel that way if it were he who wore it. "...Pom poms?" She asked dully, lifting an eyebrow. "You're kidding me. What is it you expect me to do, exactly, to get the necklace back?"

So she had finally said what it was, exactly, that she wanted. At least she was accepting that the show was coming to an end. For then, at least. Apparently he intended to make her suffer for retrieving that vase.
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Ivanov Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:12 am

Robin couldn't help it - he absolutely loved it when she got angry. That look on her face of disbelief, annoyance, and shock, mixed with just a pinch of resignation? The exact look only Audriana could pull off and Robin had come to rely on her for the satisfaction that seeing it brought him. He adored her. If it was possible to adore someone who got on your every nerve. So perhaps it was not so much adoration but rather obsession. No other girl had beaten him. Audriana was special in that respect and Robin had taken a liking to her in such a way that she clearly didn't appreciate. And somehow, that made it all the more enjoyable.

"What is it you expect me to do, exactly, to get the necklace back?" Robin grinned, somehow managing the flash of pearly whites to look an awful lot like smirk at the same time. Someone had once told him he resembled the Cheshire Cat when he smiled like this but Robin couldn't help it - it was a smile of victory. "I expect a cheerleader." He said, his smile loosening. "I expect you to rally to crowd, start the wave, and bring a sign with my name in glittery paint.

"But that's all details. Just come. I'll give you your precious necklace after we win." Robin's smile dropped and his face became sincere. "I promise." And he meant it. If Audriana was really this determined to get the jewels she could have them.. as soon as this small favor was completed.
Robin Ivanov

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:28 am

His expression only heightened her annoyance. Rather than agree like the foolhardy girl she certainly was not, Audriana decided to change tactics. If he wanted her there so very badly that he was willing to pay for her admittance, then she could arrange something.

She openly scoffed at his requests, especially after his claims that they would win. Surely, the team was well known for doing just that. But who would they be up against that he would so easily claim victory? Granted, that information was likely useless, so she shrugged it off without much worry or interest.

"Alright." She replied lightly, giving pause before she continued. Perhaps he would think she had given in more easily than usual. She rather doubted it.

"Listen, Ivanov. Here's what's going to happen." She said, finishing off the drink in one tip of her head before finishing. "I will go to the game, cheer and whatnot, though you know I won't be happy about it. Now, you're going to give me the necklace after the game whether you win or not." Audriana's eyes leveled on his own, though she knew he didn't expect she was playing any games.

"Owl me a ticket." She added, standing up. As she moved to return to the first room, where her cloak rested on one of his chairs, she glanced back at him, eyes daring him to challenger her. "As soon as the match is over, I'll meet you by the lockers."

She wasn't about to wait around for any sort of objections - she just wanted the bloody necklace after all. Aud put the cloak back on, moved to the door, and opened it. Looking back at him once more, she smirked, lifted her hood, and walked out.

(OOC: I figured we'd want to finish this up, so we can do the match thread. I can change it if you want, though)
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum