Talking over lunch
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Talking over lunch Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Talking over lunch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Talking over lunch Empty Talking over lunch

Post by Maria Lanchester Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Sighing intently, Maria walked into Cafe Twin Montez, hoping to catch sight of her friend Cerelia at some point. She had been meaning to talk to her considering she hadn't since the beginning of summer. As usual, Maria had busied herself among her school books for the upcoming school year and barely paid attention to anyone else. She really needed to stop that habit of studying constantly but she couldn't help it. She had made a promise to herself that she would continue to study for her father, and that's exactly what she has been doing. Maybe a little too much so. She definitely was filling the role of a studious Ravenclaw though.

Maria walked over to a table, taking the one in the far corner like she does in every restaurant she goes too. It was a weird habit of hers, going straight to the back corner but even so she did get peace and quiet in the end. Smiling to herself, she sat down while bring out one of her school books to continue studying from as per usual. She just couldn't seem to go even an hour without studying.

"Can I get you anything, Miss?" A waitress said softly, pulling Maria out of her book.

"Yes please, I'd like the Caesar Salad and Orange juice thank you."

Maria watched as the waitress nodded and walked away with her order. Going back to her book, she thought to herself. "Maybe... If I had sent an owl to her, I could have been sure she would be here instead of just guessing." She thought while mentally kicking herself for not sending an owl to Cerelia. It would have made much more sense to have done that. "Oh but it might not be too late." She quickly pulled out a piece of parchment and her quill from her person and started writing.

"   Cerelia,
Could you please meet me at Cafe Twin Montez? I meant to send you this earlier but.... sidetracked a bit?
Anyway, I would love to talk with you, it's been a while! I'm already here at the Cafe so come when you like.
I'm having my house elf deliver this to you since I don't have my owl anywhere near me."

Pausing from writing, Maria laughed slightly. If only she had thought to bring her owl but maybe Izzy would get it to her quick anyway.

" See you soon,
xoxo Maria"

Folding the letter gently, she called out "Izzy!" quietly so not to bother anyone else in the cafe. She heard a pop and looked beside her chair.

"Izzy here miss, you called for Izzy?" The house elf asked while smiling up at Maria.

Maria was very kind to her house elf and treated her nicely. She really didn't like anyone who mistreated elf's like they use to before.

"Yes, Izzy. I need you to take this letter to Miss Cerelia Avery please."

"No problem miss." And with a pop, the elf was gone.

Maria smiled hoping her friend would show up not too much longer now that she had actually went and asked her to come. She looked around and noticed the waitress coming back with her orange juice.

"Miss, we have to remake you salad, it was accidentally dropped on the floor."

"Oh that's fine, I'm in no hurry."

Maria took the orange and sipped at it while going back to her school book.
Maria Lanchester
Maria Lanchester
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Talking over lunch Empty Re: Talking over lunch

Post by Orla Hughes Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:38 pm

The sunshine was warm and caressing over the mottled, ruined flesh of her back. A light breeze was billowing through the doors of the balcony, drifting over her skin, and it was this gentle combination that roused the young Avery from the peaceful slumber she’d allowed herself to slip into the night before, sated and exhausted. Her eyes flickered open and she cast her gaze over her lover, over his peaceful expression, the look of utter rest in his features. He was a creature of utter fascination to her; an enigma whose passion and adoration of all things big and small mattered to her; for she was desperate to learn more.

Kisses were exchanged in the early morning glow and eventually, after a long shower, they parted way to break their fast and sweeten their tongues with hot beverages and blueberry muffins. After that, once dressed, it was business and a brief kiss was shared but nothing more thereafter as they left the house, their fingers slipping from their hold of each other. Then, there were two cracks and they Apparated away as though nothing at all of any importance had transpired.

Diagon Alley was hopping and Cerelia had been instructed with the help of Augustus’ House Elf to find herself some practical items for her last year of Hogwarts. The Rookwood patriarch was incredibly generous - in all facets of his life - and while Cerelia certainly hadn’t been frugal, she had not gone what one would consider to be ‘crazy’ in terms of her spending. She’d been practical and the Elf was more than happy to help her; especially in terms of clothes.

A little while after lunch time, while Cerelia was getting a new set of dress robes tailored, another Elf appeared brandishing a letter which she was implored to read. After looking over it with a cursive glance, Cerelia held it out for her own Elf to take before waving away the newest one. The Elf disappeared with a crack and afterwards, Cerelia changed back into her own dress and told the seamstress to put it on the Rookwood accounts.

The walk to the cafe wasn’t far at all and after waving away her own Elf, Cerelia stepped up into the establishment, her eyes skirting around in search of Maria.

Initially, Cerelia didn’t see her and instead walked up to the counter to order her meal - a tuna fish salad and an iced tea to go with it. The cashier nodded, noting down her order before hurrying away into the kitchen.

It was then that Cerelia noticed her friend and with a broad smile she hurried over, shrugging off her jacket and setting it down on the back of the chair opposite Maria’s as she reached her.

“Good Morning,” Cerelia enthused, dropping herself down into her chair. “How’s your summer been?”
Orla Hughes
Orla Hughes
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum