VLEMMA, Percy Costas
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

VLEMMA, Percy Costas Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

VLEMMA, Percy Costas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VLEMMA, Percy Costas Empty VLEMMA, Percy Costas

Post by Declan Arryn Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:39 pm

VLEMMA, Percy Costas Jake-abel-i-am-number-four

PERSEUS COSTAS VLEMMA
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Perseus Costas Vlemma

NICKNAMES:  Perce, Percy

ALLEGIANCE: Potter's Army 

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw

CLASSES: Transfiguration and Potions

WAND: Elm Wood, Unicorn Tail, 11 inches, pretty pliable. 

PLAY BY: Jake Abel

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Blonde

EYE COLOUR: Blue-Grey

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: Tall

BODY BUILD: Skinny but tall. Has muscles from Quidditch as well.

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Percy isn't what you'd normally think of when you hear "Greek". That's probably because his dad is Greek, and his mum is British. Strange combination perhaps, but it's given him his blonde hair when he either wears messy or spiked in some way, his blue-grey eyes which aren't as common in the Greek community, and his height. He's rather tall compared to his classmates, though he's about to be a seventh year so that's not all that surprising. He hit his growth spurt late, but shot up seemingly over night. He lives in England during the holidays, but travels often. He's fairly pale for living in sunny places during most of his summers, and has perhaps only a few freckles or birth marks. Nothing dramatic or particularly fascinating.

PERSONALITY

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES: 
    +Flying
    +Getting things done (both on time and in general)
    +Getting on with most people he meets.
    +Jumping into situations (usually with more worry for others than for himself)
    +Best Classes: Transfiguration and Potions
    +Learns quickly - usually by seeing something done/written
    +Memorizes things easily
    -Reckless when his friends are in danger
    -Loves taking risks (usually gets him into some trouble)
    -His worst classes are Divination and Herbology
    -Hiding his fear/need for help (this often gets him stuck in a corner)

LIKES & DISLIKES:
    +Quidditch
    +Adventure and Excitement
    +Girls
    +Seeing New Places
    +Reading - fiction more than textbooks
    +Teasing/Laughing/Pranks (not participating in them. Watching them. Or even getting pranked sometimes amuses him)
    -Repetitive things
    -Not understanding something/someone
    -Two-faced people
    -Bullies
    -Studying for hours on end

GOALS: 
    1. Have a good family and relationship like his parents have.
    2. Get a job in the Ministry's Magical Law Enforcement division.
    3. Go to University and manage to graduate with honors.

HABITS & QUIRKS: When he's particularly frustrated, he'll go to the Quidditch Pitch to fly or practice; Literally bites his tongue to keep from saying things he knows he will regret.

BOGGART: Being stuck in a boring, dead-end job.

PATRONUS: When he met his best friend for the first time. (Adrienne and Percy are childhood friends)

DEMENTOR: When his brother, Demitrius, declared that he was both jealous and afraid of Percy because of his magic.

VERITASERUM: Though it may seem inevitable, Percy's afraid that his being a wizard will distance him from his family forever. That's why he spends so much time with them when he can.

MIRROR OF ERISED: 

PERSONALITY: When you first meet him: Percy is outgoing for the most part, friendly to almost anyone - even if he's heard bad things about them. He's not one to judge based upon rumors or word of mouth. He's almost always smiling, unless he's got a job to do. In that case, he's very serious and sometimes even funny things don't get him chuckling or cracking a smile.
    Once you know him well: He's definitely one to tease people, and while he doesn't prank anyone himself, he's not opposed to them. Overall, he's very good-natured and puts up with a lot. He figures that's why he's so friendly and adventurous. It takes a lot to slow him down or ruin his good mood.
    If he doesn't like you: You're in trouble. (mostly kidding). He'll avoid someone before he starts conflict, but if someone initiates a situation, he's not going to back down.
    If he likes you: He wouldn't say he's obvious about it, but he kind of is. He likes to think it's a secret, but that's highly unlikely. He's a naturally affectionate person because his parents are, and because he wishes they could be more affectionate towards him even though he's different from them. That said, he definitely wants to show someone that he cares if he really does. 
    He doesn't often get nervous or scared, because he thinks his way out of problems, but if he is, it can be hard to tell. He likes to put up a wall, or a sort of.. macho exterior to prove that he's brave, but anyone who really knows him can see right through it. He isn't one to ask for help, but if he's given it, he'll be eternally grateful. He is, however, quick to help others.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Costas Demitrius Vlemma

MOTHER: Maria Nicole Vlemma (née Peters)

SIBLING/S: Demitrius Costas Vlemma

OTHER:  Grandparents who live on the island of Santorini (aka Thira) in Greece, in a village called Ia.

BLOOD STATUS:  Muggleborn.

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Wealthy

PET/S: None

OTHER POSSESSIONS: Broomstick and Wand of course, but that's about all the important stuff. Well, except for this thing called an Evil Eye. It's a Greek symbol meant to ward of bad spirits and things. His grandmum made it for him and he hangs it in his dormitory. *see google*

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Percy grew up in Greece until he was nine with his parents and older brother. When they found out he was a wizard - they'd suspected he was different, but didn't understand - the family moved to England where they hoped he could attend the school and control his magic more properly. His brother Demitrius once said he was jealous and scared of Percy, which made him feel like an outsider. Over time, everyone in his family became used to it, but he still feels a need to be overly open and affectionate towards them to prove that he's still the same person. The family moved into the same town as Adrienne Reynolds and they became fast friends. Until he was eleven, he would borrow books from her, or visit their house to learn about the world he couldn't understand.

Hogwarts Years: He started school the same year as Addie, and soon met other students and became good friends with many. He's outgoing enough that it doesn't take much to make you his friend - at least in his opinion! He has done well in his classes so far, but is nervous for his NEWTs next year. He doesn't have a hard time focusing or anything, but he tends to prefer spending his time doing other things than studying.

Adulthood: At least 1 paragraph of your character's history after Hogwarts

BEHIND THE CHARACTER
-----------------------------------------------------------

ALSO KNOWN AS: George

RP EXPERIENCE: 3 or 4 years

HOW YOU FOUND US: John (Zane Wakefield) and Addie

MAIN CHARACTER: Percy!

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: To roleplay with Percy, starting with the Vacation Plot!

RP SAMPLE:Summer Before Sixth Year:

Spoiler:

"Perseus," His grandmum would say, pronouncing it the way it was meant to be said, 'Per-say-oos', "I am sure your friends will be lovely, and we'll be glad to have them."

She said something like that almost every day it seemed. It was like she was happy that he had friends or something. He'd shoot her an exasperated but affectionate look before heading down to the gelato shop a few streets away. Next summer would be the one before his last year at Hogwarts, and he couldn't wait to be part of the trip his friends were planning.

Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

VLEMMA, Percy Costas Empty Re: VLEMMA, Percy Costas

Post by Declan Arryn Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:39 pm

(I had serious issues with getting the code to work on my computer. >.< Eventually I got it as good as I could and gave up. :/ )
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:44 pm

The code is being hinky as hell lately, I'm sorry. Basically, the box thing was changed by forummotion and it's gotten all funny and the box seems to think it's God or something and assumes you want to do something when you obviously don't. It's secretly broken!
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Dp.

I'm a bit of a Greek obsessive so, naturally, my characters will have to meet Percy. I don't see anything wrong with this app at all except for the Mirror of Erised part. Did you leave it out or did you miss it? That's the only thing, otherwise he's good to go! Very Happy
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Ah. I was thinking about it but never decided officially on it >.< Oops. I mean, I'm sure I can come up with something, but for now I just dropped it. I guess I put it all in Goals and didn't know which to put in Mirror of Erised.
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:14 pm

No worries, mate! You don't have to fill it in. (:

Alrighty! Accepted and sorted into Gryffindor! Rawr!

Don't forget your claims etc. C:
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top