DEAS, Darcy Earwyn
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

DEAS, Darcy Earwyn Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

DEAS, Darcy Earwyn

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DEAS, Darcy Earwyn Empty DEAS, Darcy Earwyn

Post by Robbie Fairfax Sat May 04, 2013 4:01 am

DEAS, Darcy Earwyn Tumblr_m8xtxj9Bxh1ruzv18

DARCY EARWYN DEAS
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Darcy Earwyn Deas

NICKNAMES: Earwig

ALLEGIANCE: To the sea! If pressed, she would be on the side of the light, and the rebels.

HOGWARTS HOUSE: I have no preference!

CLASSES: When she's there - CoMC and DaDA.

WAND: Hippogriff feather. Rowan. Ten inches. Rigid.

PLAY BY: Kate Bracken

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Short, brown hair.

EYE COLOUR: Dark brown.

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: Average.

BODY BUILD: Hardy. Fit. Muscular.

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Darcy is a very impressive looking girl, considering she doesn't do much to look impressive. Her drastic, short hair style accentuates her high cheek bones and strong chin. She has striking eyes, with dark brown pupils. She has a thin upper lip and thicker bottom, that she occasionally draws attention to with some dark lipstick, when she feels lie employing her feminine wiles. She wears light makeup and prefers a natural look. Her skin is usually olive, but can get dark during the summer months. She has eyebrows that gracefully curve to complement her eyes. Her body is not skinny, but she is fit – every muscle is constantly in use. She likes to wear tights under shorts or skirts, boots, tunics, and leather jackets.

PERSONALITY

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES:
    +Navigation
    +Athletic
    +Strong-willed
    +Practical
    +Mischievous
    -Lacks common table manners
    -Hates studying
    -Hot-headed
    -Foul mouthed
    -Overbearing

LIKES & DISLIKES:
    +The ship
    +Her crewmates
    +Piers and shipyards
    +Rum
    +Old muggle music
    -School
    -Ports
    -Her mother
    -Sexism
    -Divination

GOALS: Her goal is to graduate so she can focus on the family business of recovering magical artifacts.

HABITS & QUIRKS:
    -picks her teeth
    -clicks her tongue
    -sings under her breath while she works
    -smokes on occassion

BOGGART: Planks of wood swirling around her - The sinking of her father’s ship.

PATRONUS: Otter – Her return to the ship after living with her mother.

DEMENTOR: The summer she spent with her mother.

VERITASERUM: That it really hurt her feelings that no one seemed to oppose her wanting to leave to live with her mother.

MIRROR OF ERISED: To one day inherit her father’s ship or get her own.

PERSONALITY: Darcy is definitely not a lady. She has all of the classic aspects of sailorhood : foul language, hard working attitude, questionable table manners, an outspoken nature, and a hardy attitude. She is very practical but loves to get herself and her friends into troublesome situations. She is a quick thinker, fast talker, and rowdy playmate. She enjoys her youth and uses it as much as possible – the girl is always in full gear. It is rare to see Darcy sitting and relaxing. She prefers to be on her feet, doing something crazy. She is easily bored if she is not doing something, and she has a hard time focusing on anything like reading or writing. She has to be physically doing something to be content. The only time she can calm down and relax is when she goes fishing – then, she can take a little catnap, lounge back, and enjoy the sun.

Darcy is very much a tomboy, but doesn’t mind getting dolled up either. She is comfortable with men and women – she is one of the lucky few to have never really regarded a major difference in gender, so it makes her treat everyone pretty equally, according to their use. She is typically amiable, so long as people are putting in their share of work and are decent people – decent being an ever flexible word. She has become more independent lately and her ego has gotten quite large as well. Some people could easily find her arrogant, but she really just seeks to have a good time.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: _______ Deas.

MOTHER: Lenora Erickson.

SIBLING/S: Miriam Deas.
    Numerous others neither she, nor her father, know the names/existence of.

OTHER: Bryce Bateman. Bryce doesn't have a family, and has been on the boat ever since he was six years old. He started off as cabin boy, to a powder monkey, all the way up to master gunner and sailing master.

BLOOD STATUS: Halfblood.

RACE: Human.

SOCIAL STATUS: Wealthy, Middle Class, Lower Class

PET/S:
    A black kitten named Nereid - Darcy, like most sailors, is rather superstitious. A ship is not considered safe without a cat. The ship's cat, August, is getting rather old, and she did not want to risk him dying while they were at sea without having a replacement, so she bought Nereid.

OTHER POSSESSIONS: An old tape collection. She buys tapes of old bands and people make her mixes.

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Darcy was born into a strange family. Her mother had fallen in love with a seafaring wizard, though she herself was a young socialite of seventeen. Naturally, Darcy remained in the care of her mother, though her father made it clear that he did not intend to have his daughter grow up without him. It simply was not prudent to have a baby on a ship. However, once Lenora’ scandal became public, her popularity declined, her parents cut her off, and she was left to raise Darcy on her own. The woman was incredibly immature, however, and by the time she was four, Darcy was living in poverty with her mother.

Her father picked her up around then. Darcy became a full member of the crew, doing any basic chore she could – including taking care of the ship’s cat. When she was five, another child joined the crew. Her father had met a young orphan roaming the piers and taken him on. His name was Bryce Bateman, and he became Darcy’s best friend.

As the girl got older, she became hardier and more sea wise. She was incredibly hardy for the sea – never toppled by tumultuous waves, a decent fisher, good with her hands, and she loved the challenge of maneuvering the ship. She began to practice rigging, under guidance of course.

As her eleventh birthday approached, her father explained how she would need to go to Hogwarts from a few months at the least. He always signed his children up for an independent study of sorts through the British school. Darcy was partially excited, and partially exhausted by the idea of staying on land.

Hogwarts Years: Her first stay at Hogwarts lasted up until Christmas. She soon found that her manners were seriously lacking and she was plenty mocked. She did get the threat of suspension when she beat up a boy her age for calling her a filthy sailor. Magic was not an easy study for her – she could always think of a practical solution for the problems magic was supposed to be able to fix.

She always went to Hogwarts for the starts and end of terms, only checking in for any important exams. When not in school, she remained on the ship. During school, she sent letters to Bryce, constantly worried about the ship.

During the summer after her third year, Darcy suddenly decided she wanted to be with her mother. She moved in, to find that Lenora had not changed. She tried to contact her father, but he was battling a storm at sea. Soon, Darcy and her mother were back on the streets, and Darcy was constantly bailing her mother out of dangerous situations. Fed up with the state of things, Darcy emancipated herself, backpacked across Europe, and showed up to Hogwarts in time for term.

Her father found her this way, and it took a few months of letters from him and Bryce before she forgave them enough to return to the ship. Now technically independent, she insisted on being treated with the respect any other crew member would be given. Becoming a technical sailor, rather than the captain’s daughter, freed Darcy significantly.
    She took her OWLs with her classmates, and received the following scores:

Astronomy: O
    Care of Magical Creatures: E
    Charms: A
    Defense Against the Dark Arts: A
    Divination: T
    Herbology: E
    History of Magic: D
    Potions: P
    Transfiguration: A

Obviously, her studies were less important to her than the state of her ship, but she managed to keep her grades up enough to continue on with the subjects she chose to study.

Adulthood:

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS: Jackles

RP EXPERIENCE: None.

HOW YOU FOUND US: Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders.

MAIN CHARACTER: Jaquellene “Jack” Dyllan

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: I love naval plots, and this character grew up on the ocean. Emily and I have plotting and Darcy is outgoing and will be easy to establish plots with.

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Robbie Fairfax
Robbie Fairfax
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

DEAS, Darcy Earwyn Empty Re: DEAS, Darcy Earwyn

Post by Robbie Fairfax Sat May 04, 2013 5:02 am

Just waiting to confer with Emily on some finer points. She's creating Miriam eventually.
Robbie Fairfax
Robbie Fairfax
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Jack,

I can see elements of her in almost every house.. And I do like a character who is in love with the sea and sailing. But as I read her, there is a 'feel', for me, that she might well be a Ravenclaw. What are your thoughts?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23244
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon May 06, 2013 12:08 am

I leave it to you. I feel the same, that she sort of belongs everywhere and yet nowhere. And since she is coming and going from classes, her house doesn't have too much effect on her. I trust your opinion and defer to it ('cause I have no idea. XD).

My only problem with Ravenclaw is she HATES school and learning subjects that seem irrelevant to her. She has the hard working ethic of a Puff and loyalty of a Gryff.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon May 06, 2013 11:06 am

If she belongs everywhere then she's a Puffer.

For me, Puffers are the ones that belong in each house but aren't strong enough in those traits to truly belong. c:
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm

I did look at that quite a bit, Eli. But I saw more of what I look for in a Ravenclaw than in other houses. However, given your weigh in on it, I shall accept her and sort her into Hufflepuff.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23244
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Fairfax Mon May 06, 2013 5:17 pm

My second Puffer... Of like... 80. XD Thank you guys!
Robbie Fairfax
Robbie Fairfax
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top