Why even are we rebelling??questionmark???
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Why even are we rebelling??questionmark??? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Why even are we rebelling??questionmark???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why even are we rebelling??questionmark??? Empty Why even are we rebelling??questionmark???

Post by Jess Potter Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 am

There’s been a lot of confusion about the state of the ministry, and as to why there even should be a rebellion. Hopefully, on an OOC level (so no metagaming you sneaky devils) this will help explain the backstory to the rebellion a little for everyone not entirely in the know. From observations from roleplays, past and present, this is what can be surmised.

The Ministry IS corrupt.

However, it does not mean every single employee is corrupt.

At the top is one of the most decent wizards you could ever meet – Robert Lupin, the Minister. He and his daughter, who is Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, are both very good wizards who have pretty much stepped away from factions, which is a positive. Robert is responsible for the entire workings of the Ministry, and Khaat is in charge of the justice system, post-arrest, i.e. trials.

But it goes downhill from thereon.

Elijah Krum, the Deputy Minister, is a good guy, but has torn alliances. He is both in the Order and supports the Death Eaters. This means most could consider him a wild card. Elijah is meant to assist the Minister.

Then there is Jude Shaw, Undersecretary to the Minister – 3rd in command. Terrible when it comes to serving the public. He is one of the politicians that has passed bills to inflate his own salary. He has also committed fraud, theft, and other crimes. He is also a supporter of the Death Eaters and pureblood supremacist. He does his best to cut the Muggle Relations Department’s budget as often as possible. Jude’s job is to take on any leftover duties and streamline communication between departments, and check for injustice.

In the Law Enforcement Department, there is a lack of involvement and leadership. The streets are pretty much without protection. Many Aurors have received tenure and now slack off. Does anyone even know who the head of law enforcement, supposedly the second most important figure in our world, really is? The last Head was kidnapped, twice, and his whereabouts and captors are still unknown. When the Head of Law Enforcement cannot be traced, there is reason to worry about the departments abilities. No replacement has been placed as of yet.

In the Magical Creatures Department, there is a few of the lower level workers who ignore claims from non-humans of prejudice and abuse. Many non-humans do not get representation in the Ministry. This means werewolves, vampires, centaurs, etcetera, have little to no legal representation.

It is very easy to buy information and importance in the Ministry, if you know the right people.

In general, the Ministry has problems that the leadership has not corrected. And this is where dissent stems from. Now, the rebels are trying to correct this.

The rebels have simple goals.
– Weed out corrupt politicians
– Fill key leadership roles with people who can fight off corruption and are not bogged down by ties to factions.
– Strengthen the justice departments
– Improve muggle relations
– Provide equal standing for non-humans
– And re-establish the Aurors.

This is the basic status of the Ministry, and stance the rebels, to clear up any confusion about this coming plot.

Of course, it plays into light the positive traits of the rebellion far more than the Ministry. This isn't a pre-determined plot, as far as I can tell, and so I invite any active pro-ministry members to write up a similar post designed to spruce their own side, and PM it to me so I can post it here for you all. Remember though, everything said here is canon. I've checked over it and cannot find word of a lie, and the same high expectations are set for any form of rebut.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Why even are we rebelling??questionmark??? Empty Re: Why even are we rebelling??questionmark???

Post by Jess Potter Wed May 01, 2013 6:33 am

Oh, and of course, questions questions questions? Please post them and I, or someone else will of course be more than happy to try and answer them.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Why even are we rebelling??questionmark??? Empty Re: Why even are we rebelling??questionmark???

Post by Ne'Os Emof Wed May 01, 2013 8:09 am

I love this plot. Death and Order working together with the citizens to stop the evil ministry. Yet it would appear the Death can have a bigger role in this plot if they wanted. I'm excited to see how this will go both at a site level and a character development level.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks for this, Jess. Really useful Smile. If this info was in the site plot, it would be good, since that's where purple first look.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top