Our Time Is Now
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Our Time Is Now Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Our Time Is Now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our Time Is Now Empty Our Time Is Now

Post by Amelia Macmillan Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:23 am

Amelia had just gotten word she was elected to lead Potter’s Army. Of course, she sent owls to Uncle Neville and her parents. Her father was so proud of her, she finally felt like she was living up to the family name. She knew if she ever wanted to get a job in the Ministry as an Auror she was on the right track. She just needed to improve her potions skill. Her mother of course was excited too but was just worried that Amelia was putting herself in danger. The most proud was Uncle Neville. She was like a second daughter to him.

She had a very long letter from Uncle Neville telling her how proud he was of her and giving her advice. He had several pages explain how important it was to support the members of the PA and what she had to make sure to do. He also sent her an old notebook Neville had kept on Dumbledore’s Army most of it when he was leader of it his seventh year but there were a few things on when Harry lead it.

It hit her on how big this position was. She was taking up the role that very few people had done before her. And she was going to make them proud. This notebook was going to be key in saving the PA before it was destroyed by bad leadership. She knew she could do it. She had to.

She was on her way to the Room of Requirements with her messenger bag in tow. She had in her messenger bag Neville’s notebook, the herbology book Neville gave to her, a potions book sent to her from her mother, her own notebook and a box with several photographs inside.

She pushed open the door to the Room of Requirements. She wished these walls could talk. She had just turned sixteen and she had this huge role to take on. She was excited though. The Room developed one blank wall for her. She took out the box with the photographs inside.

She started to tape the photographs to the wall. The original Order of the Phoenix photograph that was given to her mother by her Aunt Amelia, then her mother gave it to her. The original Dumbledore’s Army photograph thanks to Uncle Neville she had been able to find a photograph. Her Uncle Edgar’s family photograph from June 1981, a month before their murder. She found a photograph of Cedric Diggory. She had copied down every single name of the members of the Dumbledore’s Army and posted the list on the wall and right next to it was a list of all the members whom had died with their cause of death and birth and death date behind the cause. She knew if the PA could see who had come before them then maybe she could inspire them more.

She was now waiting for Nick Potter, she needed to tell him her plan for the PA. She pulled out Neville’s notebook and her notebook and began to develop more into her notebook using Neville’s. He had so many brilliant ideas. She knew he’d never admit it, he really should have been an Auror.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Our Time Is Now Empty Re: Our Time Is Now

Post by Nick Potter Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 am

Nick had received word he would be like a second in command of Potters Army. If he was not mistaken he was to meet his friend, and new leader, in the room of requirement. Nick left PA when Jack Kubin had taken over. Now that he was gone and Amelia was in, he would try his hardest to help Potters Army against the dark followers and death eaters. Unlike Jack Kubin, Amelia Macmillan might just know what she is doing. Both of her parents and uncle were in the original Dumbledore's army, of which defeated the dark threat many years ago.

Nick decided to wear a old long, wore out brown robe which belonged to his older brother. He brought a few spell books. The books listed many defensive spells and charms. Nick was never an offensive person, preferring to defend rather than to attack. As he walked into the Roon of Requirement he noticed Amelia hanging up multiple things on a board. He sat his books down on the worn wooden desk next to it. He separated the books into two piles. One for defensive. One for charms.

He approached Amelia from behind. "You summoned me" were the only words he thought he could say at this moment.
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

Amelia nearly jumped out her skin. She twirled around with her wand posed for attack. She sighed as it was only Nick. Merlin, did this boy have a lot to learn. She was sure the whole Potter’s Army. If everyone in PA tries that move she was going to be teaching them a lot of hexes and protection spells.

“Nick, be glad I didn’t just hex you. You shouldn’t do that,” she sighed. She didn’t really want to hex anyone in Potter’s Army. But she would do whatever it takes to get them in shape. She had a feeling their lives wouldn’t stay this peaceful forever. She wasn’t sure what was happening with the Ministry but it could go either way.

“I suppose we should begin. There is a lot to go over,” Amelia said briskly. “As you can see the wall of photographs. I designed it so anyone can put photographs of those who have died from the Dark Arts onto the wall, there is an anti-removal charm on them so no other wonders into here can remove them,” she said. So much to talk about. She supposed she could start with her basic idea then go into when to do the meetings, how to organize them and what the outline of what they were going to do was. “My basic idea is to mix duelling with other aspics of magic like healing spells, potions and even knowing the Dark Arts. We can’t fight something we know nothing about. A powerful wizard isn’t just his fighting skills but his magic skills. The name is Potter’s Army, right now we aren’t an Army just a bunch of dreamy kids. If we want to make an army we are going to have to work like one,” she said. She was going to push the PA members to the brink.

Every wizard started as students and became powerful. Power isn’t just talent but knowledge and practice. Without practice you are fighting blindly. You had to practice until your arm was ready to fall off. Wizards and witches liked the easy way out and that wasn’t going to happen on Amelia’s watch. If someone was going to try the easy way out she was going to teach them what pain, sweat and hard work was. Everyone saw her as a sweet little Hufflepuff, boy will they be in for a surprise.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:08 am

Nick nodded and listened to Amelia. He wasn't worried about her hexing him. Nick knew Susan. And Susan hexed everybody. He would just be careful. He pulled out a picture of his older brother and put it on the board. His brother was captured and killed by the death eaters three years ago. "I know some of the dark arts. It was necessary to use them in the second wizarding war. What do we need equipment wise? I have the connections and resources to get us what ever we need. During the second wizarding war there was a lot of battling on brooms. The army will need trained in airborne combat" Nick said seriously.
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:09 am

Amelia had to think deeply about what they needed. The broom idea was a great idea. There was a few dark items that she could get from her father. But what else could she use. She had to think back to anything she could think of that could help. She knew of a few things her mother always told her was important in times of war. Guts and knowledge. Survival, that’s what she had to teach. She can teach them to fight all she wants but if they don’t know how to survive they will die. “Nick, they have to be trained in all types of combat,” sighed Amelia. She had been left with quite a mess to figure out.

“Well, dragon’s blood for sure. Cauldrons, do we really want to lug around cauldrons here, fireproof gloves, a few inactivated portkeys and muggle clothes. That’s where we need to start. I want to start from the basics. No duel nor ability will help them if they don’t have any survival skills. Aurors don’t catch Death Eaters by just duelling them they have to recon,” said Amelia. She had quite a plan ready for the first meeting.

“You and I are going to spend a lot time hiding the first meeting. They are going to have to figure out three different situations and how to avoid/trick us the ‘Death Eaters’. One being an outdoor camping area, another a house and the last situation will be in the everyday muggle street. They aren’t going to be able to use their wands,” she said. She was going to put all the wands into a bag and then make them do this. She had gone camping a lot of times with her parents were they didn’t use their wands. She had gotten stuck in the Scottish Highlands without a wand, now that’s a really scary position.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 am

"You write a list and set it on the desk where I put the textbooks. I'll get the stuff Saturday. I like the survival idea. I'll get us some death eater equipment. I have many connections in the wizarding world. The first through fourth years should be divided from the fifth through seventh years. Have separate meetings for awhile then combine them. It would be easier on us, plus we could teach the younger students spells the fifth through seventh years already know. We can change the room of requirement for our needs as well. So unless you want to actually go to real locations, we can do it here" Nick said bravely. The students would be taught almost better than the old Dumbledore's army.
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:26 am

Amelia nodded at Nick. That was a great idea. Save her a lot of time and issues. Injuries or drama. Smaller groups are better. She could get more specialized training that way. She hoped she didn’t have too many first years, she has no idea what to do with them.

“That’s a great idea. Is combining them risky though? I mean injury wise,” said Amelia. She didn’t really want people to get hurt. First years are so small compared to the seventh years. A wrong slip of the wand could be the end of Potter’s Army.

“This was what I was thinking for meetings. We can do them once a month. Younger kids on the first Friday of the month and older kids on the second Saturday of the month. Weekends will make it easier to get everyone here. I also I’d like to put in place things other than meetings. Such mini-missions and activities. Missions would be like spying on the Dark Followers and spying on former Potter Army members that have moved on or even just people who are neutral. The activities could be like maybe having a personal lessons option open for those who want it, potion nights, study night and so many other things. We don’t just have to be an ‘army’. We can be so much more. Think if we could bond a ton of people together as kids and then when they are adults the Order would be so much stronger. What good is having an ‘army’ where kids are falling classes and can’t get a job after Hogwarts,” said Amelia. Chances are they won’t be fighting a war. So the best thing to do is to prepare them for life.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:16 am

"Amelia Macmillan. As a man that fought in the second wizarding war, let me explain. We will fight. Every weekend we will practice or train or something. Without the Order we would have lost. So. Your schedule is ok but it's not good. With my help we won't need the Order. We also need a signal if one of us is comprised. I suggest this" Nick said before he casted blue sparks into the air. "When is the first meeting" Nick asked.
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:37 am

Amelia rolled her eyes. He totally twisted her words around. That’s not what she meant at all. Why are so many guys annoying? It wasn’t attractive at all. Not that she was looking anymore. She honestly didn’t find any guys attractive since she started to date. She was a lot mellower, but still not mellow enough most of the time.

“Oh really,” said Amelia her voice filled with sarcasm. A gift from her mother. “I’m betting you haven’t seen what happens when someone comes out of a war without a support system. I’m here to keep them alive before, during and after a war. I’m not going to train kids to get out in their after being in living hell just to abuse themselves,” she growled. “That’s fine. Goodnight, I’m done here,” said Amelia turning and preparing to leave. She quickly wrote down what she needed for the first few meetings and left the Room of Requirements. She nearly slammed the door behind her, at least as good as she could given the weight of the door.

((OC: Nothing personal Nick. I’m just being Amelia))
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum