What's going on here?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

What's going on here?  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

What's going on here?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's going on here?  Empty What's going on here?

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Dakota had been headed to the fourth floor when all of the stairs started to move on her again. they led her up to the sixth floor and then back down to the second floor again but she had not realized this when she walked down the corridor and into the out of order girls rest room, where she sat in a corner cowering from the ghost that had emerged from u-bend of the toilet. "I-i'm ss-sorry," The girl stuttered as she cried not really sure what she had done to make the ghost cry and be mad at her for some reason. she hugged her knees to her and buried her face in her leggs.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 444

Back to top Go down

What's going on here?  Empty Re: What's going on here?

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Vivianna had been walking swiftly along the second floor corridor, when she heard screeching coming from Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom. She entered with the intention of telling the ghost to shut up, when she spotted a tiny girl crying in the corner. It almost appeared as though the little girl was afraid of the ghost, which made Vivianna think that perhaps the girl was a muggleborn, or had just been surprised.

It only took a moment for the Slytherin to realize that the mental switch in her head had gone from "weak student that I could manipulate" to "little girl that needs comforting". Mentally cursing her stupid instincts, the older witch began to approach the girl. "Hey there sweetie, it's alright," Vivianna said softly, the words tumbling out of her mouth without a thought.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:23 pm

"I-I d-did-dn't d-do i-it," Dakota Stuttered trying to back away from the voice that did not belong to the ghost that was crying and screaming at her about people who came to disrupt her peace and make fun of her. "I-i d-didn't m-make f-fun of h-her." she sobbed. "I-i j-ust w-wanted t-to g-go p-play the p-piano." for some reason her fear of the ghost and interaction with people make Dakota think the person speaking to her was either a professor or a prefect but yet she had not even looked up at the female who had produced the voice.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Vivianna bit her tongue lightly. She'd thought that the girl had been a bit nervous, but this girl was scared. Pausing for a moment, trying to think about the best way to go about this, the older girl knelt down in front of the crying blonde, so that they were almost on the same level. "Hey, hey sweetie, it's alright, I know you didn't make fun of her," Vivianna said as soothingly as she could.

Slowly reaching out a hand, wanting to place it comfortingly on a small shaking arm, she added, "Myrtle doesn't mean it, she says that to everyone, it's alright." That might've been a lie, the ghost did mean what she was saying when she wailed about being made fun of, but the dead student was deluded and didn't know what she was talking about.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:29 am

"I-I g-got lost," Dakota stammered and stuttered looking up to see the girl for the first time. "T-the stairs m-moved on m-me and I got lost. I-I d-didn't m-mean t-to c-come here." While she stammered and cried she wonder why the girl was being so nice to her. She was use to being made fun of all the time by everyone but her twin, that it was quiet odd to find a student that didn't make fun of her. "I-I w-want my b-brothers,"she sobed quietly as mrytal continued her wailing.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Vivianna threw her head back so that her neck would crack. The girl in front of her was a mess, an adorable mess, but a bit of a mess all the same. None the less, she would help. The Slytherin really needed to figure out how she'd developed such a weak spot for young kids.

"Darling, I want you to do something for me," the older girl said softly, hand starting to rub up and down the blonde's arm lightly, "it's not going to be easy, but do you think you could calm down, deep breaths, in and out, alright?" Vivianna wasn't surprised the girl had gotten lost, it was an incredibly easy thing to do in a castle this size. "How about you tell me about you brothers? Maybe I could help you find them, what do you say?" Vivianna had a soft smile on her face, hoping it would be comforting.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:47 pm

"O-okay," She stammered quietly with a nod. Taking a deep breath she looked up at the girl in front of her. "T-there a-are a lot o-of t-them." She was clamer yet her normal stutter was still present. "O-one in e-every y-year, e-except f-first a-and s-second. N-nick is m-my t-twin b-brother. I-i want h-him t-the m-most." Her sentences were short and choppy as she spoke to the girl still trying to calm herself so she wouldn't stutter as much. "O-our l-last n-name is S-snowd-den." She said quietly hugging her knees to herself. “D-does t-that h-help f-find t-them?” she asked quietly tilting her head to the side before resting it on her knees again.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:15 pm

"Yes darling, that helps, that helps a lot," Vivianna replied soothingly, mentally wracking her brain for the last name Snowden. "Okay Sweetie, keep going with deep breaths, you're alright now, you just need to breath," the Slytherin told the younger girl.

"Now don't push yourself, but if you feel you can, tell me your name, what house Nick is in, and if any of your brother's are in Slytherin. Just relax, you're not lost anymore, I'm here now and I can get you wherever you want to be," the teenager said softly. It would be easiest for her to track down a housemate, so it was worth a shot.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:16 pm

"N-Nick a-and I-i a-are i-in H-Hufflepuff." Dakota said, "I-I'm D-Dakota, a-and I-I'm n-not s-sure w-which h-houses J-Jeff, L-Layton, K-Kaiden, a-and t-the o-others a-are in." She said not being able to help the way she stuttered. The only time she didn't stutterer when she was with one of her brothers, or parents and others were not around them, when she was at her most comfortable. Sometimes Dakota hated the way she was so shy around people that she couldn't talk when they asked her questions. "i-i've n-never p-payed t-to m-much a-attention t-to w-what h-house m-my o-older b-brothers w-were in."

(Nick is the only one thats not an NPC at the moment)
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:02 pm

"Okay, Dakota's a very nice name," the Slytherin said. It was pretty, yet simple, and slightly different. "I'm Vivianna. Now, we have two options from here. I can leave and try and track down your brother, or I can bring you to wherever you want to go," the teenager told the blonde. Truthfully, she hoped that the girl chose the second option. Vivianna knew how had it could be to track down a single person in this giant castle, and it wasn't like she'd be able to get into the Hufflepuff common room to check there.

The OWL student took note of the younger girl's stutter. It was possible she had a natural speech impediment, or perhaps was just the nervous type.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum