How to become an admin
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

How to become an admin Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

How to become an admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to become an admin Empty How to become an admin

Post by Jess Potter Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Heyo PAers.
Intriguing title yes? Well, I think so... kinda besides the point anyway, but it does tie in, I promise.

I want to start by letting you all know where I'm sitting right now, then I'll get to my point about admins and all that jazz k.

Some of you know me, some of you don't. I'm one of the older admins on the site, but this year I've got my finals coming up, and I can't see a world where I get the 99.65 I need throughout the year, and manage to be on PA, really existing. So, till, let's say December, or even next year, I'm officially taking a leave of absence. Late notice, I know, but I do want to be upfront and realistic with everyone, so that the matter's put to bed.

Now, onto what I'm really writing this for. How to become an admin.

Now, as I've mentioned about, I'm leaving for awhile. Darren's probably not active (if things are as they normally are, no offence mate Wink ) and Selwyn had resigned, last I looked. So, realistically, sooner or later our current team is going to be looking for someone to fill in some shoes, and even if they're not, this is just a really good way of getting yourself noticed on the site, for the day when we are looking for someone to take a position on the team.

Join the factions.
Lead them if you can.

Being an active member of a faction, of many factions in fact, is in my opinion one of the best ways by far to catch the admins' attention, to demonstrate that you're a team player, and to prove you're a good RPer all in one fell swoop. Let me just point something out for you.

If not a faction, just become involved in the plot, because I'll be perfectly honest here - I have no intention of reading through individual threads ever, unless they're related to plot or involve my characters. Most factions and plots require a lot of admin effort, so if we see people making our lives easier by either participating or even accepting some of the load, we will love you, and will put you around the top of our list when we're nect looking for someone.

Me: Head of PA and OoTP - made admin
Khaat: Managed to maintain a million characters actively partcipating (and leading) in the Order and Ministry - made an admin
Jackles: Characters in every faction, head of PA - Admin
Eli: Same story. Characters everywhere, head of DF - Admin
Red (oh we're winding the clock back now) : Characters all through the factions - admin
Matt: Made his own faction, involved in Minstry and Order - made an admin
AJ: Leader of the Order, founder of PA - Admin
Keith: Leader of the DEs, helped Grindy come to power, involved in PA - Admin

Do you get where I'm going here? Even Selwyn, who, admittedly, was promoted, from what I've gathered, mainly on a technical knowledge basis, was an ex-DE leader and had characters in almost every faction, and Soph was always putting her characters into factions.

I know it sounds preachy and silly, and not everyone wants to be an admin, but if it's ever crossed your mind, you'll be doing yourself no disservice by distancing yourself from group RPs and faction based activities.

So, take some initiative. The Order has no leader right now, someone should apply for it and try and work to make it active themselves. Admins'll be happy to show you how, and you don't necessarily have to do things any particular way - as leader you get to call the shots.
Same goes for PA and the DEs, I believe. Even if things don't work, the effort is ALWAYS appreciated and noted.

Plus, last of all, it's fun. Even if you don't become the next Jack or Darren, or even Me, you'll hopefully have a great time doing it, and it's certainly one of the easiest ways to make friends, or enemies (let's just say "connections") within the site.

So go. Make one of your characters join a faction now. Have your next character join a faction. Put your hand up to lead one of the big three. Just do your bit, and one day you might get a PM asking whether or not the job would interest you.

Anyway, I think that's all. I miss everyone, and I wish it wasn't as it is, but I've always said that our members need to be healthy and maintain lives outside of PA, and, well, sometimes we need to take our own advice. Rest assured, I will be back.

'sides. No way you could get rid of me that easily Wink

Jess.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

How to become an admin Empty Re: How to become an admin

Post by Jess Potter Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Oh, and also, since nothing I've seen (though I've not looked all that hard) has said anything about it, I'd just like to thank Selwyn for all the work she did for us on the site over the past few months. No one on the admin team wanted to see her go, but sometimes there're just personality clashes which get too much for any of the parties involved. The full amount of work she did during her time in admincy probably wont ever be realised by anyone who isn't an admin, and even we can't full comprehend it.
If you ever want to come back, secretly or openly Selwyn, you're more than welcome to. We value you both as a member of staff, and as a member of the site.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:26 am

Jess wrote:Even if you don't become the next Jack or Darren, or even Me

This is him saying "Even if you don't become an admin, slowly drive yourself insane, and become a hobo."

Just in case you were wondering. XD
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:52 am

Jaquellene "Jack" Dyllan wrote:
Jess wrote:Even if you don't become the next Jack or Darren, or even Me

This is him saying "Even if you don't become an admin, slowly drive yourself insane, and become a hobo."

OhMyGoodness Jackles. I'm dead, you just killed me through laughter. I hope you feel bad about yourself.
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 991
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency, Memory Manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:55 am

...Yes. Because it was a joke. -shift eyes-

(Pssst, Jess. She thinks I'm kidding! What do I do?!)

XD
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Dolohov Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:13 am

I can offer Miseria for the Order leading position although everyone who knows her, knows that this would not be the greatest things. She's been the PA leader once (or twice, I don't remember), but the thing is I'm not so sure what is happening here with those factions. Maybe its just me, that I'm not that active as I was before, or what, but I kind of missed the part where there was massive plotting. Sorry.
Darius Dolohov
Darius Dolohov
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 137

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top