Experimenting With Music - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Experimenting With Music - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Experimenting With Music

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Experimenting With Music - Page 2 Empty Re: Experimenting With Music

Post by Amelia Macmillan Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:37 pm

Amelia did rebel but she didn’t see the need in Spice. She’d rather drink Firewhisky, get into fights and sneak out after curfew, that type of stuff. Drugs in general didn’t appeal to Amelia. She found the consequences were too great for her comfort. “Nope, I’m good,” Amelia said. She was going to hold her ground.

“Who knows? Knowing Hogwarts she’ll get detention or something. They aren’t very heavy on punishments,” said Amelia. She didn’t know nor really care. Let Jessica get caught. She didn’t care anymore. Jessica was a horrible sister. She never used to wish bad on her but one can only stand being betrayed and teased for so long before wishing bad will seems like a good idea.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 pm

"I think you should try and get along with Jessica. I mean sure, she's a handful sometimes and you might be very different in that view. But you are still sisters and family. I mean it's not like I have a right to lecture you on such things and I'm not.... but I'm just saying. You can't choose who your family is, but in the end no one can replace them either" said Alice shrugging her shoulders, knowing that she should follow her own advice. After all, her relationship with her parents hasn't really been the best or the most honest either. Before she was really close with her mom and dad and now they seemed to drift apart for some reason.

"What are your plans for the Easter Break? Are your parents allowing you to leave Hogwarts? I really wish mine did, but I still haven't asked my dad. I was thinking of doing some traveling, like a road trip or something. It should be fun going to a place where I can actually see the sun. But I'm not really sure my parents would like that idea or be on board with it. I just really want to leave this place for a while, I'm getting sick of it. Even if it's just for a week, something is better than nothing.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Amelia said nothing but wanted to roll her eyes. She respected Alice but she didn’t really want anyone to tell her how to do her life. “Alice, I appreciated your opinion but this is my family not yours,” she said trying to sound polite. She didn’t also like people telling her what to do that weren’t her parents.

“I’m spending it with my family. We might be moving during break. But I be somewhere in Europe meaning Germany, Denmark, France or Norway since my parents are arguing over which country they want. But my mum told me we are going to visit Italy, Netherlands, Poland and Finland during that time though, so I’ll be busy. Who knows until you ask,” said Amelia. She was excited to being going to Europe even though it is with her parents.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Alice was honestly expecting this kind of reaction from Amelia, but still she had to speak her mind even if it didn't meany much in the process. She knew how much she missed her brother because he was away so much and only when he left did she realize how much did her sibling mean to her. But perhaps that was something Amelia had to learn on her own, or not learn at all.

"I heard about that from my dad, but only very briefly. I wasn't sure if your parents were completely serious or only just considering it. So... are you really moving?" she asked a bit worried. True England wasn't exactly the safest place in the world right now, especially with everything that was going on. But she didn't know how safe other countries are or what her family would actually do in a country like Germany for example. "But you are still going to Hogwarts right? I mean no matter where you live you still have to go to school and everything" she pointed out.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:16 pm

“Yes, we are that is for sure. I’m not sure what’s going to happen by mum said if Hogwarts doesn’t change she won’t send me here next year. She says that Hogwarts isn’t giving a good education. My dad talked about The New South Wales Academy of Magic and American National Magic Academy since my mother hates Beauxbatons and I don’t know Russian for Durmstrang,” said Amelia.

Amelia knew that it was a good idea but it scared her a bit. She knew her parents knew what was best and would make the right choice. She wondered where they were going to end up living she had an idea if was going to be Denmark.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:51 am

Alice just shrugged her shoulders and sighed. She really didn't want Amelia to leave her here all alone. "Well honestly I can't really argue with that. I think Hogwarts was a lot better before. But know... I don't know. But things have changed. I'm not really learning much, or at least not as much as I should have" she said with another shrug of her shoulders. "But I don't want you to leave either way. What am I suppose to do here without you?" she asked, not liking the idea at all. Amelia was like her sister and her time at Hogwarts would be terribly lonely if she not only lived in another country but also went to a different school.

"Can't you just live somewhere in Europe and still go to Hogwarts? I would think it's still safe enough at least" she suggested. Alice could never do what the Macmillan's were doing, moving their whole family to another country. She barely survived her first day here at Hogwarts, To have to go through that one more time and in a foreign country would just be too much for her. "Don't you get nervous thought? About moving I mean" Alice asked.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:44 am

“Alice this is part of growing up I’m not going to be here forever. I am a year older I will leave before you. I didn’t say it was for sure I’m just saying what my parents said and they are bond to change their minds,” said Amelia. She hoped they did. She knew they couldn’t change their mind about moving. She just was so sick of everything changing around her. She then thought of Lance. Without Hogwarts they’d never see each other.

“It’s my parents not me. I heard Edgar got a job offer in Berlin. He wasn’t sure he was going to take it though. They are looking at Quidditch players there; he’s just worried about his future in Quidditch. So many things can happen,” said Amelia. She didn’t like Edgar playing Quidditch in the first place but at a professional level, that scared her. Too many horror stories: deaths, insanity, ten year coma and total memory loss.

“Don’t get me wrong it’s going to be hard but I’ll manage I always do and I still have my parents,” she said almost adding ‘and Lance’. She didn’t want to tell Alice let. She had enough hair loss over telling her parents.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Longbottom Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:39 pm

"I know... I know. You do have to leave Hogwarts at some point, I just didn't think that it would be this year you know. You still have two more years left of school, and I three said Alice. She truly hoped Amelia's parents would change their minds, at least for now so it could buy them a bit more time. It would feel so strange to be in Hogwarts next year and sit in her classes, turn around and not see Amelia there. But that was just a possibility that she had to deal with if it came to that.

"Is it a good offer though? Edgar is very talented but it's a messed up business for Quidditch players out there" said Alice. It was a dangerous profession and injuries were more common than not. Being a newcomer to the Hufflepuff Quidditch team she found out first hand just how aggressive and rough the game could really be. And that was just a Hogwarts team. When you came to the professional leagues, it was a whole new level.

"Yeah I guess you are right. And Drew and Jessica would come with you as well? she asked.
Alice Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Amelia could see it was upsetting Alice but she didn’t understand why it upset her so much. Life wasn’t going to get easier. Everyone hopes with it differently these days. Jessica drinks and does Spice, Edgar drinks, Claire draws her whole life away living in her own world and what did Amelia do? She didn’t know. She could only see others not herself. She had been raised her whole life not to judge herself but she knew that one day she was going to half to.

“They are offering a lot of money. He said it would be about two hundred gallons a game in our money,” she said. She hoped Edgar was happy with whatever choice he makes. That’s all she can do.
“I’m guessing so but don’t forget about Claire. Edgar coming to go talk to the people that gave him the job offer,” said Amelia. She sighed; she had headache thinking about all of this.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top