Dorn, Jason Wayne
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dorn, Jason Wayne Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dorn, Jason Wayne

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dorn, Jason Wayne Empty Dorn, Jason Wayne

Post by Jason Dorn Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:05 am

Dorn, Jason Wayne Avatar-3

Jason Wayne Dorn
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Jason Wayne Dorn

NICKNAMES: Jay

ALLEGIANCE: Neutral for now

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw

CLASSES: Charms, DADA, Transfiguration, and Potions

WAND: Alder, unicorn hair, 10 in, swishy

PLAY BY: Dakota Goyo

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Dirty blonde

EYE COLOR: Blue

HEIGHT: 4'8" (146 cm)

BODY TYPE: Small and lithe

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Jason has feathery light hair, not quite blonde and not quite brown. He likes to wear his bangs long, which his mother always thought was a shame because it hides his baby blue eyes. He has a round, innocent-looking face...which works for him, as it helps him get his way out of trouble often-times. His parents dress him in the finest robes, though they are often faded and dirty from his rough play.

PERSONALITY

GOOD TRAITS:
    Ambitious
    Caring
    Cheerful
    Considerate
    Courageous
    Enthusiastic
    Friendly
    Optimistic

BAD TRAITS:
    Rebellious
    Mischievous
    Indecisive
    Unfocused
    Dishonest
    Immature
    Irresponsible

CHARACTER LIKES:
    Animals
    Pranks
    Dancing
    Stories

CHARACTER DISLIKES:
    Bullies
    Rules
    Rigidity

GOALS:
    To create his own line of products to rival Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

QUIRKS:
    Jason can never sit still. He is always fidgeting, basically dancing in his seat. He likes to air drum a lot, thought he is not really interested in music.

BOGGART: Jason worries endlessly that he will not be liked. He feels a need to be liked by others, and gravitates towards those he feels needs him.

PATRONUS: Being accepted into Ravenclaw. His entire family had been Hufflepuff, which he thought was okay, but thought he may be teased.

DEMENTOR: Going with his father to work one day, so that he could see the Ministry. There had been a high-security inmate from Azkaban getting sentenced, which Jason's father had not known about. His father had taken him down to see the courtroom, and a couple of dementors were stationed outside. Jason was young enough not to have any real terrible memories of his past, however he remembers how sad and hopeless the creatures had made his usual cheery self feel.

VERITASERUM: Jordan has snuck his pet ferret into the Hogwarts. He has a small cage hidden under his bed, and relies on his room-mates to keep the secret. It was used to being draped over his shoulders for extended periods of time, and he had it under his cloak when he entered Hogwarts.

MIRROR OF ERISED: Jordan dreams of inventing creations that are even more magnificent than the items that can be found at Weasley Wizard Wheezes. He hopes to maybe work there as an inventor someday, then perhaps move on to open his own shop.

PERSONALITY: Jordan is a very cheerful individual, and generally well-liked. He is very sharp, but tends to use his brain more for coming up with the next prank than on his studies. Jordan is very mischievousness, but his jokes never harm anyone purposely. He likes to be the center of the attention as a class clown, and despises people who bully to gain attention.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Eric Dorn

MOTHER: Susan Dorn

SIBLING(S): Jacob Dorn (age 15)
    Natalie Dorn (age 7)
    Jeffrey Dorn (age 1)

OTHER: None

BLOOD STATUS: Half-blood

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Middle Class

PET(S):
    Ferret named Slinky

BROOMSTICK():
    none yet

OTHER POSSESSIONS:
    Muggle slinky toy

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Jason was born on July 17th, to a pretty average Wizarding family. His father worked in the Improper Use of Magic Office. He worked in the branch that dealt with underage magic, and had always moaned that his son would be the death of him, for Jason was always getting into trouble. His mother would always laugh and call it 'harmless fun.'

When Jason was 4, he was honored with the position as middle child when his sister was born. While at first insanely jealous, he found that he could easily make his baby sister laugh, and they became inseparable while she was very young.

When he was 10, only a few months before his younger brother was born, Jason's antics became a little more than 'harmless fun' for his mother. In the very early hours of the morning, Jason snuck out of the house and into his folks' broom shed. His father's wand was clutched in his hands. Jason had already learned some simpler spells, and his favorite was 'alohamora'. Jason used this spell to unlock the broom shed and took his mother's old Silver Arrow, which she had flown on when she played for the Hufflepuff team in school. Long story short, Jason took a wild ride on her broomstick, nearly flying straight into an off-duty Auror. Jason ended up unable to sit for quite some time, while his father had to smooth things over with his work and put more unbreakable magical charms around their broom shed. The next time Jason attempted a night-time getaway, he was startled by a Caterwauling Charm.

Now 11, and with his own wand, Jason is off to school. Before he left, his father threatened to thrash him within an inch of his life if he caused the same sort of havoc at school as he did at home. Jason remembered this for maybe a week....

Hogwarts Years: Just starting. Wink

Adulthood: (At least 1 paragraph of your characters history after Hogwarts)

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

YOUR NAME: Desirae

RP EXPERIENCE: newborn babe at this

HOW YOU FOUND US: A monkey's uncle passed me a note in class.

OTHER CHARACTERS: James S. Potter, Morrigan Devlin, Mathias Korpela, Marguerite de Lancret (Saoirse should be in the graveyard)

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: To replace Saoirse, since I deprived the school of a 1st year....and I thought Jason could cause some havoc.

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Jason Dorn
Jason Dorn
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Dorn, Jason Wayne Empty Re: Dorn, Jason Wayne

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:14 pm

He seems more like a Slythindor to me than a Ravenclaw. What do you reckon? (:
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:03 pm

I dunno....he's more of a fun prankster. He definitely doesn't like to hurt anyone....I was kind of envisioning him more like a fred or george. He's friendly, caring, cheerful, and considerate...just likes to have harmless fun. Maybe I'm just too prejudiced against Slytherin as being self-absorbed people....

If he does go into Slytherin, he's going to absolutely hate almost all the students there, lol. He cannot stand bullies or manipulative people. I was thinking when I created this, that if not Ravenclaw, maybe Gryffindor....never thought of Slytherin.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:29 am

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with the Ravenclaw thing, actually. I can see where you're coming from Eli, but owing to preference and history, and personality/goals/dislikes, I really don't think that Slyth would suit him at all.

So yeah, if you have an issue, PM me, but for now I'll accept and sort into Ravenclaw just to speed the process up.

Smile
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top