singing my blues away!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

singing my blues away!  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

singing my blues away!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

singing my blues away!  Empty singing my blues away!

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:31 pm

It was in the middle of the day, as Maura Angela Goldstein was in the music on the fifth floor sitting on a empty desk writing a song that all the sudden came to her mind. Maura was the type of person who put her thoughts and feelings into a song or poem. Although she nevered let anyone see them, her parents told her she was a good singer due to them listening to her sing in the shower. Maura guessed she was to shy to let anyone hear her sing or open up to. Luckly no one really came to the fifth floor or else they would of heard her singing.

Not to mention she was hiding from the bunch of Slytherin girl who were picking on her and ended up here. Maura didn't know why they always had to pick on her, it wasn't like she was the only shy Hufflepuff around the school. Maura thought it was probably because she prettier then or something, she honestly didn't know. Sighing to herself Maura looked back down at her song notebook and bit her lip thinking before she started writing again. Animals, singing and nature were the only things that kept Maura going, for they were her escape when nothing else helped.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

singing my blues away!  Empty Re: singing my blues away!

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:25 pm

People made stupid mistakes, that much was true. It was obvious that making him a Prefect was a big mistake, he didn't know what to do with being a Prefect. He didn't like dealing with people, and he definitely didn't like helping other, random people with things he thought were stupid. He just wasn't cut out for this type of thing. Which was why he really didn't understand why he was chosen to be a Prefect, everyone knew how he was and he wondered if the Professors were trying to get other students killed. He wasn't someone to keep his temper when he got mad, and this Prefect stuff got him easily angered, he could lash out at another student at any moment and hurt them.

Still, Ryo didn't say anything about it. Mostly because he knew that no matter what he said, his position wouldn't be changed. He had to be a Prefect until the end of that year when he graduated. At least he wouldn't have to deal with all those obligations anymore once he was out of Hogwarts. But it made him sad to remember that this was his last year at the school that had been his home for seven school years after his parents had died. He really didn't want to leave. But he knew that he would have too, and he was determined to make the most of his last year even if he was a Prefect.

Right now, there wasn't anything he could do in the Hufflepuff common room, and it seemed like everyone was leaving him alone.That was a huge relief to Ryo, so he grabbed his drum sticks from his trunk and went up to the fifth floor where the Music Classroom was located. Right now, he didn't even care if there was someone else in there, he just wanted to practice his drumming a bit and with any luck, if there was someone else in there, he would be able to practice with someone else.

Hopefully.

As he approached the room, Ryo pushed the door open and he stepped in. He saw a younger girl in his house there and he smiled slightly at her. He tried to remember her name, but he was always bad with that. The Vampire walked over to the drums in the room and sat down, looking at the girl again before he finally remembered her name. "Hey, your name is Maura right?" he asked her.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Maura looked up from her music notebook at the boy. "Yes I am, and your Ryo right?"Maura asked him softly. "You play?" Maura asked him softly as she looked at the drums that was in front of him. "I don't really play anything, I'm more a singer although no one ever heard me but my parents in the shower!"said Maura chuckling. "If you play, I would love to hear you if you don't mind."said Maura softly. It was finally nice to have someone that was nice to her, but after all he probably knew what it was like to be picked on and bullied. She seen him in the hallways, getting picked on.

It wasn't fair, why did shy people always have to get pick on? Maura didn't understand it, it was something she couldn't wrap her head around no matter how hard she tried. The world was a cruel place to be at times, with mean people in it. Although Maura had a couple of friends she really didn't see them much due to hiding from the seventh year Slytherins who picked on her. "Your best if your not seen with me, all I do is bring trouble with me!"said Maura honestly. "These Slytherin girls are always after me, I don't want you to get in trouble because of me, so I'll leave."said Maura softly.

Jumping off the desk Maura crept the door and peeked out to see if the Slytherin girls have found her yet. Not seeing anyone around, Maura walked down the corridor heading back to the Hufflepuff Common Room. But as she did she seen the girls walking downstairs and froze. "Oh great"'Maura thought to herself as she ran back into the music room and closed and locked the door breathing hard. It was the only place she was safe for now, she hoped Ryo didn't think she was weird or something.

"Sorry... didn't mean to lock the door, it's just I guess I'm just scared of them, I mean they are bigger then I am."said Maura softly. "People ask me all the time, why don't I stand up to them? well... the reason is I'm afraid what thy will do to me if I do."said Maura honestly. She didn't know why she was telling him this, she never told anyone else this before, but he seemed different to Maura.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Ryo nodded as she asked if his name was the one she had just said. "Yeah, that's me." he smiled at her. He looked down at his drumsticks and shrugged. "I do. I'm not that good really, but I'm decent I guess." he told her. Everyone thought he was an awesome drummer, but he actually really doubted it. Ryo was really critical about his playing, always thinking that it wasn't good enough for anything. Even though everyone pretty much proved him wrong all the time.

"I'll play if you sing." he told her, raising an eyebrow, hoping that would be enough for him to not play. She seemed critical about her singing, just like he was about his drumming. She said that it was best for him not to be seen with her, that she was always getting picked on by some Slytherins and he frowned. It was always the Slytherins, wasn't it? He sighed and said, "You don't - " but before he could finish she jumped off the desk where she had been sitting and she left the room.

He shrugged, not really thinking it was a good idea to go after her, and he turned his attention back to the drums. He was just about to start playing when Maura ran back into the room and locked the door behind her. He blinked, eyes slightly widened from her sudden re-entry. From what she said, he could only assume she had seen the Slytherins that were bullying her and ran back to the place where she thought she would be safe.

Ryo blinked a couple more times and sighed again, rubbing his eyes slightly. "You don't have to be scared of them." he told her. "And before I go on about that...what you said before, about it being best that I'm not seen around you, it doesn't exactly matter." he continued on what he was going to tell her before she ran out. "I'm not exactly the type of person anyone would want to mess with." he told her. "Not only an I a Prefect that can get them in trouble, but I'm also..." he cut himself off, not knowing how to say what he was. Every time someone found out what he was, they freaked out, or they didn't believe him, and then that made knowing the truth all the more hard on them. "I'm also a Vampire." he finally said.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Maura smiled. "Well... nice to meet you Ryo." said Maura giving him ab soft warm smile that anyone hardly see her do. Maura shook her at his reply of being a average drummer. "I bet your a amazing drummer!" said Maura softly but honestly. "I bet you play better then I sing."said Maura. Maura was to shy to let anyone see her talents, her parents and muggle friends said she had a beautiful voice. She refused to believe that she did, it was just impossible.

Maura blinked at him a couple of times and then nodded. "Ok I'll do it, but if I sound horrible please tell me."said Maura softly. Picking up her music notebook she looked through it looking for the perfect song to sing. "Hm... this seem like a good one to sing." said Maura softly. "Ok this is a song I wrote about a boy I liked." Said Maura softly as she walked over and got a guitar. "We have a deal if I sing you play ok?" Maura asked him softly.

Maura looked at him and nodded at his reply of not being scared of them. "I know I shouldn't but I am." Said Maura softly. When he said he was a vampire she looked at him and blinked. "Wow... a vampire, how long you been one if you don't mind me asking."said Maura. "Oh right onto the song, it's called who's that girl."said Maura softly but honestly before she started playing. This was the first time she performed in front of someone other then her parents and muggle friends,

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:47 pm

(Sorry to double post but here's the link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIx9U-U-k9w&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Ryo nodded as she said the song was about a boy she liked. He'd never really liked songs about romance, they were pointless in his eyes. Then again a lot of things were pointless in the eyes of a Vampire that couldn't be free to love anyone he wanted. Especially not a mortal, since he was immortal.

He wasn't going to say anything about the song though. She was human, it was obvious by her scent, and she had a right to do these things. Humans never learn. his Vampire side chimed in. This girl seems very guilible. You should take advantage of that. Maybe she can become our donor. You know we need one. The blood in the kitchen isn't enough anymore. The Vampire continued to try and convince Ryo to get them a Donor.

She would only be a Donor. Ryo's eyes began to change color and he hid his face, looking down at the drums. He couldn't do that. What if he lost control? What if he drank too much and killed her? Or worse, turned her? He couldn't let that happen. But it was true that he needed a Donor. The blood in the kitchen and the blood of animals weren't enough anymore. He kept struggling to keep that hunger down, whenever he was near others. But it was getting so hard, and his hunger kept growing.

He heard her question about how long he'd been a Vampire and he ran his tongue over his extending fangs before answering her, hoping she wouldn't notice his eye color changed. "Since I was about nine. When my dad turned me." he told her. Maura started to play and Ryo nodded his head to the beat before starting to join in, trying to forget his hunger, his eyes staying red.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:43 pm

As she finished the song Maura looked at Ryo and noticed that his eyes looked red, knowing that meant he wanted blood Maura gotten up and backed away from him frightened. Maura didn't know what to do, but honestly she was scared of what will happen to her. All the sudden she wasn't afraid of the Slytherin girls, she was afraid of Ryo and what he will do to her. Trying to move, Maura realized she couldn't, it was like her feet were glued to the ground. Looking at him with terror in her eyes she stayed frwozen to her spot shaking in terror.

Maura wondered what was going to happen to her, and she also wondered why she couldn't move like she wanted to. Maura looked at him with pleading eyes, giving him a don't hurt me look. Cursing at herself for being here with a vampire, Maura knew it was no ones fault but her own. Sighing to herself Maura closed her eyes for a minute before opening them slowly.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:41 am

The hunger was getting to large to control. The Vampire wanted to take over, he wanted to hunt the girl in the room with him. It wouldn't be much of a hunt, since they were in a small room that really didn't have any place where she could hide. Ryo didn't want to hurt her. He really didn't want to do anything to hurt anyone else, like he has his sister when they were younger. He had turned her into a Vampire like him, and it wasn't fair that his Vampire side wanted to do it again.

But Maura wasn't exactly helping. She wasn't moving, trying to run away. She just stood there, staring at him like a wide eyed deer about to be hit by a car. His eyes flashed with a gleam of sadness before they went dull, this pupils narrowing as the hunger became too large to handle and his Vampire side took over. The boy watched now, barely able to move as the Vampire stood up from the drums and licked his lips, allowing his tongue to run over his fangs again.

Suddenly, he disappeared from where he was at the drums and he reappeared behind Maura, using his Vampire Speed. The Vampire didn't feel like this would be fun if she didn't at least give a small struggle. "You'd better run." he hissed in her ear, his voice sounding different, deeper than it had before.

[OOC: I play Vampires differently from how some others play them, just thought I'd let you know. When Ryo bites her, he'll either only drink enough to sort of diminish his hunger or he'll drink too much and cause her life to be in danger. If that happens, she won't turn into a Vampire unless she drinks his blood. Which he'll probably make her do to keep her from dying.]
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 am

All the sudden Maura snapped out of her frozen trance ad grabbed her wand out of her jacket and flicked it at a desk muttering "Exploso!" as the desk exploded in pieces. Taking part of the wooden desk she grabbed a point end and held it. "I don't want to hurt you Ryo so stand down." Maura said turning the piece of wooden in her hand. Maura read alot about vampires and werewolves so she was prepared for them. There was alot to Maura then people really knew.

"I know you don't want to hurt me Ryo, at lease the human part of you doesn't." said Maura backing towards the door. If he was to attack, Maura was ready for him to come and atttack her. Maura was afraid but she wasn't about to let him know that, seeing how they can smell fear. Maura had her wand in her left hand and the dagger like wood in her right hand holding both of them tightly.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top