A Quick Word
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Quick Word Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Quick Word

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Quick Word Empty A Quick Word

Post by Whight Linstrum Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Whight waited for the meeting to clear. Wizards and witches vanished in thin air to wherever they were needed. Whight had other intentions. He didn't expect to simply become a member without proving himself in some sort. Matthew was their leader and Whight thought it best to bring some information to the man's attention.

When there were all but a few left in Number 12, Whight approached Matthew. "Mr. Lestrange," he said. "Whight Linstrum if you don't remember." Whight put one welcoming smile and put out a hand. He didn't mean to insult the man, Whight just knew he was a new member and that it was often times difficult to remember everyone's name. "If you have the time I have some information I would like to share. I have been very busy at work before I joined the Order and I would like to show you what I have found."

Whight hoped to gain the man's trust. The leader of the Order could always prove to be a crucial ally.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

A Quick Word Empty Re: A Quick Word

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 am

Matt had decided he was going to be staying at Grimmauld Place that night. He had grown somewhat tired of hotel hopping and could use a bed that didn't wreak of cabbage. Then again it had been a while since any of the upstairs bedding was changed.

He twirled his wand absentmindedly between his fingers as he read over notes from the meeting. It had started off rough but it went smoother as it progressed. He heard a voice coming from above somewhere and looked up. He had assumed he was the last one left however one Whight Linstrum had remained behind. He stood up and shook his hand with a smile. "Call me Matt." he told him. He didn't like being reminding about his family lineage as much as most did. And a grin fell across Matt's face as Whight continued to speak. Of course Matt was slightly suspicious but he figured listening couldn't hurt.

"Sit, it'll be much comfier." he told him and sat down himself. He picked up his pencil and flipped to a fresh page in his notebook. "I'm listening." he said with an interested look.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:24 am

Whight took a quick look around the room before taking a seat. The information Whight was bringing forth was not something that he wanted everyone to know. He would leave that to Matthew.

Whight took a seat and unbuttoned his coat. "Before I sought membership to the Order I thought it necessary to prove my worth. I do not wish to waste your time nor the Order's so I hope what I have to offer you shows you my dedication it our cause." Whight pulled out a small folder from within his coat and handed it to Matthew.

"Inside you will find five names of people I have been tracking for the past year. I realize you may be more than aware of some of the names on this list but hopefully this will show you some of the potential I possess. Please note that I did this one my own accord and my only intentions are to prove that I may be instrumental in our endeavors."

Names:
Ne'Os Emof
Zada Forbes
Vlad Dragunov
Remy Devaul
Julia Traversey

Whight sat back in his seat to let Matthew take in the information.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:28 am

Matt listened to Whight speak with the utmost interest. He hadn't been expecting anyone to be so loyal or to even have as much information as he did. It had come as a very nice surprise. He took the envelope from Whight and opened it. He looked over the names, quite a few of them were familiar to him. One of them even sent him into a mild mental fury. But there were also a few he wasn't aware of. Regardless of how many he knew this information was important and he was glad Whight had brought it up.

He put the envelope and paper down and smiled at Whight. "Thank you Whight. It's not often I get a member of the Order making as much of an effort as you. It's a very nice surprise." he said warmly. "I am to understand you have more than just names then?" he asked him.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Whight was pleased with what he was hearing. Matthew had been satisfied with what he had brought and he only hoped the man now found a bit of trust for Whight.

The meeting had thinned even more but there were still those lagging behind for whatever reasons. He glanced about to make sure they had no ease-droppers. "The names are were the easy part," he began. "I do have more information on the subjects but that is probably a matter discussed about in privacy. I only say this because of all the commotion at the meeting. This and that being thrown around so casually about spies, I simply do not wish to have that title in the group for obvious reasons. It's dangerous work and not something that should be handed out lightly and publicly I believe."

Whight inched a little closer to Matthew. "I have talent that I feel could benefit the Order a great deal should it be used appropriately. From what I have given you it's clear that I do my work well. I realize I'm a new member but I want to be very upfront with you so you can make full use of the talent beneath you without wasting precious time."
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top