Welcome to Ravenclaw!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Welcome to Ravenclaw! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Welcome to Ravenclaw!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Welcome to Ravenclaw! Empty Re: Welcome to Ravenclaw!

Post by Elliot "Ellie" Hansen Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Ellie stood between her two best friends, the boys looking thoroughly bored with the proceedings. Eyes were taking in the decorations and refreshments and half-listening to the woman. The older students knew the drill, but the young students drank the woman's words in eagerly.

Ellie tried a bit of both. She was only here because she had been too sick to take her examinations last year. She had no need to relearn everything, the way her friends might, but she planned on having fun. She was trying to feel out this Professor Thorburn, to see just what sort of year she would be having.

The woman concluded her speech and there was a brief pause- the Ravenclaws were a studious bunch, cheers were not there forte. Ellie blinked and threw her fist up into the air. "WOO HOO! RAVEN-CLAW! Class of 2026!" She turned and high-fived Judd, before flouncing off to the food. She grabbed herself some pumpkin juice and some sort of pastry.

[7]
Elliot
Elliot "Ellie" Hansen

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:04 am

Teddy always liked professors. They were so much better than the students she could never relate to. Most lunches were typically spent in professor's classrooms, simply chatting or discussing their subject. Some had even complained about students to her, which she always remembered. Teddy was a very open-looking girl, mature for her age. Professors never seemed to care if she tagged along.

The speech was done and Teddy wanted to hurry to speak with Professor Thorburn, but did not want to seem like a sycophant. The times professors thought she was just trying to get brownie points, she was usually blackballed from their offices. So Teddy picked up one of the small mini-plates of food and walked over to the Professor.

"Hello, Professor. My name is Theodora Crewe. I was curious - what subject do you teach? I must not have heard it at the feast."

Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:34 am

Cecilia didn't really want to be in the Ravenclaw common room, but the only way to get to the dormitory was to go through the common room. She had gotten trapped by the people that crowed the small room in this thing that was supposed to be a party. So there she sat off in a corner reading a book with one hand resting on her stomach. She rolled her eyes at the people who thought this thing that was organized by a professor was fun. she sighed and went back to her book pulling her feet up in the seat with her literally curling up with a good book, one of her all time favorite pastimes, now that there was no point in pursuing her fashion career.

[center]7[/center[

Last edited by Cecilia Krum on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Willson Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:03 pm

So, he'd been sorted into Ravenclaw. Not like that had surprised anyone. He'd always loved learning about new things and seemed to be fairly intelligent, at least that's what other people said. Aidan was a bit more modest, though he wasn't completely oblivious to the fact that he could memorize things quite easily and such.

Aidan stood in the room, fairly close to Professor Thorburn, taking in everything she said. He hoped he could help Ravenclaw win the house cup, but he wasn't so sure about the Quidditch Department. His brother had always tried to get Aidan into flying, but he'd never been very good at it. He was more of a book person, or doing spells. He hoped he wouldn't be too bad at Potions too. But he didn't like flying. The height freaked him out a bit, and he'd never had any hand-eye co-ordination.

Aidan saw Wayne in the room too, and smiled at him. It was the boy he'd met on the Hogwarts Express. The nice one who liked Muggle cooking, not the horrible one who walked out and called them losers. He was glad to be in the same house as him, maybe they could be good friends or something. Aidan hadn't really had any close friends before, but Wayne seemed nice and was a Ravenclaw so would probably be clever too, so he assumed they'd get along alright.

Walking over to the buffet, Aidan picked up something, trying to identify it. Unsure, he nervously took a small bite of it.

Aidan Willson
Aidan Willson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayne Bryd Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:00 am

Wayne had been looking forward to this, he might feel a bit better if he could cook, something to take his mind off of the aching feeling of loneliness for his parents and sister. He noticed a kid look across the room at him, he noticed that the person was Aidan. He had met him on the train but hadn't talked much. He walked over to him and grabbed something off the table, not ever looking at it and he popped it in his mouth after all, he ate it so it might as well be good.

"So how are you Aidan?" he said once he finished his treat, "Wonder if anyone is gonna break the rules tonight and try and pull a prank? probably not going to be from Ravenclaw. Maybe gonna be a Slytherin!" he laughed a little bit hoping this guy didn't have a sibling in Slytherin because if he did then that was not gonna be a good thing considering he laughed. He grabbed another one of the treats out of nervousness tasting them with his tongue, he couldn't describe the flavor or even if it tasted good or bad. "So anyways, what's up?"

[4]

Wayne Bryd
Wayne Bryd
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliot "Ellie" Hansen Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Ellie was returning to her friends with confidence. After her little outburst, the room had dissolved into the proper chatter and activity that suited a House party, or what a House party looked like to Ellie. She felt very powerful right now, like she had announced her dominance. She was the oldest. She brought the party.

As she approached, she sent her friends a smug grin and popped the appetizer into her mouth. Another step and she suddenly lifted into the air. "Aw! HELL! Judd! Foster! GET ME DOWN."
Elliot
Elliot "Ellie" Hansen

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Willson Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:17 pm

[[OOC: Wayne, shall we try & tie up/finish the Hogwarts Express thread now then, since Hogwarts is open & such?]]

Aidan saw Wayne approach him. See, he could make friends. Aidan wanted to prove his brother wrong, who always teased him about being a loner and had no friends. The twins did get along most of the time, but sometimes Aidan thought Evan took things a bit far.

"Hi Wayne. I'm good, just trying to figure out what half of this stuff is." Aidan replied, looking at the food on the table. "Yeah, maybe. Someone from Gryffindor, perhaps, since they're all brave and such." he added, thinking of his brother who had been sorted into Gryffindor, knowing that he would be the sort of person to try and pull a prank. "If anyone from Ravenclaw did, I bet they'd be smart enough not to get caught though." Aidan thought aloud, wondering if a Ravenclaw could secretly pull pranks but be smart enough to avoid detection.

"I'm just looking around at Hogwarts and taking it all in really. My parents went here, and my sister's a third year, so I've heard loads about it and it's kind of strange to finally be here myself. In a good way, it's just weird seeing everything that I've heard people talk about for years now." Aidan tried to explain to Wayne. Aidan loved Hogwarts the instant he stepped inside. It was full of academia, something he loved. It felt magical and big but cosy. It felt homely. He knew he was going to like it here.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters here? My sister is a third year and she's in Hufflepuff. My brother, well my twin, he just got sorted into Gryffindor. It's weird how we're all in different houses. Though I guess we are quite different people."
Aidan Willson
Aidan Willson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:40 am

Talon walked into the common room for the so called party. He was a little out of it in terms of wanting to be social, having learned some bad news after all, yet he was a little anxious to meet some fellow Ravenclaws. Yet it seemed like not as many people as he initially though had shown up here, only seeing a couple of people that really stood out from the crowd. Huh, that was a little curious. Talon himself walked around the others and made his way to the table and picked up a small cup, filling it with pumpkin juice. His intuition for some reason said to not pick up one of the food items, so he decided to just turn around and watch the others act.

Seemed to be a charming little group thing starting to happen, most of the others wanting to just stay by themselves. Seemed like a smart choice for the beginning of the year. Talon took a sip from his drink, mostly just standing there and not wanting to draw attention to himself.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum