Marange - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marange - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marange

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marange - Page 2 Empty Re: Marange

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Matt looked his friend over as he had eye sex with the scotch that was being poured into his glass. Not moments after Matt had finished pouring the drink did Nemo swallow it down. Matt was pretty sure Nemo had orgasm'd as he drank the scotch. He stiffled a laugh at the very idea but it escaped and he barked out a laugh loudly at him. "I'm sorry. Would you like me to leave you and the scotch alone?" he asked cheekily. Meanwhile he had finished his own glass. He now knew why Nemo had such a reaction, this scotch was wonderful. He poured himself a glass and got up and topped Nemo's once again. He then placed the scotch back on the table and leaned against it himself; holding his own glass with his right hand.

He notice the sudden distress that Nemo appeared to be under. Well, not so much distress as just really hard thinking. He brought the glass up to his lips as he awaited Nemo's confession. At his friends words, Matt downed his glass and smacked his lips in approval. He was correct in the idea that Nemo had a record of life endangering acts. Judging by his own experience and Jack's reaction to Nemo in her office. He was not happy at this sudden realized of his assumption as truth. But nonetheless he wanted to be there for Nemo. He gave him a warm smile at the confession. The smile that told everything that the paragraph above read because I'm too lazy to shorten it and put it in quotation marks as dialogue.

Matt screwed up his face in thought as it was his own turn. As he thought he poured himself some more drink for the next confession from his partner. "Hm." he said quietly. "I am a former Death Eater, currently running from my past." he told him at last.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Omara Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:18 am

After a mere fraction of a beat came Nemo’s quick witted retort, “Yes. Leave me and the scotch entirely alone. We won’t be long. Thirty minutes at most.” He grazed one of the sharper of his teeth along his bottom lip in a flirtatious fashion, seemingly incapable of remaining serious for even the briefest of moments. It was a nervous tick; a fountain of punch lines and a beautifully choreographed routine of humorous flourishes flowed steadily from the man, so long as his emotions proceeded to torment him. He lowered his voice to a husky purr quite unlike his true tone and he addressed his companion, “Or you could join us.”

Nemo cast Matt a skeptical glance and lifted a hand to scratch violently at his scalp immediately after taking his second turn in their cruel game of confessions. But he was reassured by the sight of not a judgmental glare or a disgusted flinch from Matt, but a familiar smile. A long breath was released from Nemo’s captivity in thanks.

But he could not grant Matt the same courtesy; a truth for which his ‘act first, think later’ mentality was to blame, for he blurted out in his state of curiosity, “A Deathie? You? Liar.” His blues had exploded with his intrigue as he stopped at the table and resumed his position behind the empty chair nearest Matt, “Liar. There is no way. I would recognize your mug. I’ve practically tattooed them to my eyelids.” He drank from his glass and smirked to himself all the same, “See if I answer honestly next time.”

Last edited by Nemo Omara on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Nemo Omara
Nemo Omara
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Seer

http://sergeantabraham.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 am

Matt raised his eyebrows as Nemo teased him with the Scotch. He put his elbows on the table and leaned in closer to Nemo. Playing along with Nemo and allowing some fun to accompany the sad that would appear sooner or later. He leaned in even more until he was closet to Nemo's ear. "My scotch my rules. I hope your seats at home are cushioned." he whispered in a breathy tone into Nemo's ears. Implying the obvious, of course, whips and such. Of course Matt wasn't quite into whips and chains and all that nonsense. He had more of a simple taste when it came to the bedroom. And I probably shouldn't get into Matt's sex life right now. There's a thread to be having, a thread full of homoerotic subtext.

Matt knew that reaction Nemo had portrayed. It was a reaction he had all to often seen when speaking with a new person. The reaction that screamed NO WAY and brought a small smile to Matt's face. A smile of peace that rarely lasted a few seconds. He knew he wasn't as bad as his Aunt or his father but he could never fully accept it. Peace was often short lived in moments like this. But this time it seemed to last longer, and the smile remained on his face with Nemo. He frowned however and looked at his left arm on the table. Sleeve rolled down, he hesitantly moved to roll it up. The Mark was there, and it was fairly dark. "Here." he said quietly. He rolled up his sleeve slowly to reveal The Dark Mark.

Matt winced when he looked at the skull and snake tattooed onto his arm. The sheer sight of it brought horrible memories rushing into Matt's head. His pupils widened and changed to a dark shade of grey. Memories of killing and destruction. He never wanted to do anything such as that again. It was horribly fascinating the amount of pain that could be caused by a simple mark. And faster than he unrolled it his sleeve was back covering the mark after Nemo had a good look. He was frowning now, and he took a big drink. He smirked at Nemo, eyes back to they're normal hazel. "Proof enough for you?" he asked him. It was now Nemo's turn. "You're go." he told him as he poured himself a drink again.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Omara Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:37 am

A hum resounded in Nemo’s chest while he smirked against the side of Matt’s face, joyous that the man had played along. "Jack’s seats,” He corrected Matt with the intended appearance of having been blown away, “And I don’t know how she’d feel about that. She’d probably steal our Scotch.” He bowed his head, chuckling without a care or pause until he had relieved himself of the itch of contained laughter.

“Well, would you look at that…” His laughter was hastily replaced with the tapping of his frantic index finger against his hip whilst he slid nearer to Matt’s forearm. He extended the hand in which he held his glass of scotch and inched a finger towards the mark, hovering it just above the blackened flesh. “What’s the story?” Nemo asked jokingly in the hope of lightening Matt’s mood, “Have one too many and decide to join the Dark Side? Meet a girl with a thing for Death Eaters?” He lowered himself to a squat on the floor, rendering his eyes level with the brand, his head cocked with interest.

He released a low whistle and returned to his full height at his friend’s side, before moving himself around the table in a slow dance of crisscrossing feet to seat himself in his chair a second time. And without further fuss, Nemo peeled back the sleeve of his jacket to display the jagged scars and track marks that lined his flesh by the hundreds. White welts trailed vertically alongside the blue of his swollen veins, exposing his intentions clearly. “Lighters, razors, cigarettes, needles…” Nemo confessed with a bitter smile; the grin of a wounded soldier. “These are this month's. I have them healed on the first of every new month. It’s sort of… a tradition. Gotta make room for the new kids, you know?” He reached for his alcohol when the hole in his chest flared. “There. That was my turn.”

Last edited by Nemo Omara on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Nemo Omara
Nemo Omara
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:14 am

Jack, Jack was always in the picture with Nemo. Not that Matt minded all that much but she was ALWAYS there. Matt wasn't jealous, at least he didn't think. Jack just took things a little too far with Nemo. She was overprotective, and it wasn't healthy. But then again, not being overprotective wasn't healthy either. Either way he and Jack weren't on the greatest of terms and he didn't think it was going to change any time soon. He doubted they'd ever get along so long as Nemo was in the picture. She just didn't understand how much Nemo meant to Matt. But he shook the thought as Nemo began to roll up his sleeve. For a second Matt thought he was going to show him his own Dark Mark but he was mistaken. An even worse sight met his eyes.

His eyes widened and his mouth opened a little as Nemo pointed out specific areas on his arm. Granted he knew it was coming but it was still surprising, the sheer amount. And how Nemo could simply grin as he retold stories of previous attempts at taking his own life. It unnerved Matt a little bit but he was there for his friend. He closed his mouth as he looked over the arm even more. Matt reach for his drink vacantly and downed it once more. He gave Nemo a warm smile, he really was pleased that Nemo was willing to share that with him. Then again it may just be his burning desire to drink. And Matt decided to finally answer Nemo's question. "Yeah, it was a girl." he said pouring himself another drink. "Ever hear of Bellatrix Lestrange?" he asked. "Yeah, she's my aunt." he told him before Nemo could make a sexual innuendo.

Matt, realizing it was his turn, racked his brain thinking about something to confess about. He tallied off what he had already done in his mind and leaned back in his chair. Rocking it back and forth and thinking he finally thought of one. "You see this beautiful mess before you." he began, motioning to his face and body. "It's not an original. And there's more to that story but I'm saving it for later." he said, mock zipping his mouth shut like a child. Then sticking his tongue out at Nemo and grabbing his glass and swirling the contents.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Omara Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:02 am

It felt a dangerous thing, to leave those ugly flecks of white exposed, for it was through them that Nemo peeked; the true form of the man who danced and lied and slid behind well crafted masks before his faint hearted spectators, revealed through the consequences of self harm. The scars itched beneath the dim ceiling lights, being unfamiliar with the weight of another's eyes upon them. Thus, Nemo retired his emptied glass upon the table and slid his nonexistent fingernails across those flawed plains. Experimentally, he directed the pads of his digits along the angriest of the slices; a long, narrow channel that flirted with his veins and he found that, much to his surprise, the distant sting of old pain remained.

And it was then that he had forgotten of his desire to move and to squirm, pushing the need further backward in his mind as he allowed himself to exist to Matt as more tangible a thing than the bright blur that he had seemed as he’d spun frantically throughout the small hotel room. “It’s been a while,” He admitted absently to his companion from where he sat. “They itch, now that I’m looking at them.” Finally, Nemo clasped his hand around a good portion of his forearm to conceal said scars. He lifted his head to meet Matt’s eyes and rather flatly he stated, “My glass is empty.”

“I pegged you as a tease,” Nemo informed Matt with a swipe of his tongue along the seam of his drying lips and an exaggerated roll of his eyes. He needn’t add that the other’s admission had been far too kyrptic to decipher; surely, he was aware. “I guess it’s my turn then,” Nemo reckoned, flicking his boot clad toes against the ground repeatedly as he thought.

“I’m a Seer. Short-term predictions light my word up like…” He fell with a fond sigh against the back of his chair, “Man… It’s like I’ve lit the room on fire. And it’s not just that I can see it. I feel it like – like waves of the most…” his head lolled forward and he smiled love-drunkenly at Matt through his dark lashes. “This perfect warmth. I can’t even explain it,” He threw his arms above his head in a gesture of defeat. “But if I could just show you…” He shook his head contently. “And physical contact? Oh. It’s beautiful. When I can touch that energy?" His concluding word was but a dreamy breath, "-man."
Nemo Omara
Nemo Omara
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:04 am

The sudden change in Nemo was evident. Matt knew he was beginning to live in the past, in the memory of those scars. He didn't want that for Nemo, but he couldn't stop it. Nor did he want to. He could barely talk his friend out of jumping off a building let alone talking him out of a memory. But apparently he had brought himself out of the past as he spoke once again. Taking the hint, Matt picked up the bottle and poured a generous amount of Scotch into Nemo's glass. He noticed the alcohol was having little effect on the man. He wasn't too surprised but it was still a pretty strong brand and year of Scotch.

It was amazing at what came out of a persons mouth when alcohol was a large role in the situation. He was discovering bits and pieces about his companion he had never known before. This next bit of information was probably one of the biggest surprises he received from the man. A seer? he thought to himself. His eyes widened at the word seer and a smile broke his face. His friend, was a seer. He hadn't been close to a seer in ages. But it was the way Nemo described the way he saw things as a seer that interested Matt. The way that his friend's eyes lit up and the way that he smiled made Matt's own smile widen. "That's, pretty fantastic." he said as genuinely as he possibly could.

Matt downed his own drink and racked his brain for something interesting. He put his drink back on the table and crossed his arms. Looking at his companion straight in the eyes, "I was married once." he told him. It was a touchy subject for Matt to be talking about. A big part of his life was destroyed within months. He essentially hard to start his whole life over again. "And I was a dad...but only for a brief period of time." his face fell a little bit and there wasn't a smile plastered on his face. "My whole life, was destroyed in a matter of months."

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum