The Afterlife - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Afterlife - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Afterlife

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Afterlife - Page 2 Empty Re: The Afterlife

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 am

Matt had been thinking. He hadn't felt like this since he managed an escape out of that god damn cellar. And with a feeling like this, memories often accompanied. He remembered noise, he remembered cold, but mostly he remembered pain. He winced at the memories and opened his eyes just in time to see Jack looking at him. He nodded at her and held his head, "Just peachy." he said sarcastically. He tended to let these near death experiences make him moody. He sighed and hit his head against the wall once again. He made to move and stand up, he managed but his legs were weak and his back was stiff.

He stretched his arms above his head and his back and arms. He heard a loud crack and immediately felt better. He figured after so many bloody encounters with death he'd be used to this feeling. But it never went away. He was covered in dry blood, he didn't bother cleaning himself off. He had seen Nemo, the position he was in, the state he was in, it made Matt frown. It made him feel even worse. He moved towards him, he got on his knees looking Nemo over and stopping at his face. Looking into his eyes, all he saw was pity.

"For Gods sake would you help him!" he said angrily to the healer. He motioned towards the battle he was having with his innards. As the healer went to work he grabbed Nemo's hands so they couldn't stop. "Mo, you dense motherf*cker." he said calmly. He closed his eyes. "I jumped off a bloody building for you. He snatched the pain potion from Jack and held it in front of Nemo's face. "If you don't take this potion, I swear to God, I'm going to murder you," he opened the bottle. "Violently." he added.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Omara Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:49 am

The sight of the sarcastic and presently healing man before him did bring to Nemo’s face an ugly grimace of a smile, which slithered and squirmed upon his face as it contorted with his wavering expression. Simultaneous to his futile attempt at his infamous grin however, Nemo fought with shredded knuckles and blackening fingertips to escape Matt’s hold and to return to his burrowing actions through the hole in his center. Pull, tear, tug, rip, was Nemo’s mantra as he’d dug at the organs that proceeded to provide him with his life, before Matt had seized his slimy fists and held them aloft.

Pull, tear, tug, rip.

Pull, tear, tug, rip.

Nemo’s shoulders shook as he feebly pulled against Matt.

Pull, tear, tug, rip,

Pull, tear, tug, rip,

For it was his only remaining method of shedding his beating heart and breathing lungs. His last method of being pronounced deceased; to do irreversible damage alas, and with no more than his nonexistent fingernails. And it was his personal record broken: a third attempt at suicide within a day. None of which held any meaning to Nemo, so long as the possibility remained that Sparky, The Savior and the intern might be successful in repairing him. Frankenstein's monster.

Pull, tear, tug, rip.

Pull, tear, tug, rip,

Nemo turned his face off towards the side, allowing his head to fall to rest along the floor upon his right cheek. He struggled with a second laugh, spitting from his mouth another serving of warm colour. “Kill me,” He whispered above the gurgle that his sloppy inhales presented. “K-kill me,” He asked of Matt. “We" - Nemo gasped - "had a deal."
Nemo Omara
Nemo Omara
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Seer

http://sergeantabraham.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:04 am

Matt couldn't help but snicker as he looked down upon the face of his dying ally.After all this they were back to where it all began. Matt trying to convince Nemo to halt his actions. Them both looking at each other, fear on both faces. Maybe he cared to much, maybe Nemo didn't care enough. Either way there was no way in hell he was going to let Nemo go like this. He kept a firm grasp on Nemo's hands as the healer continue to work on the innards. "Hurry up!" Matt called to her in a tone more angry than he had wanted. "Sorry." he added afterwards.

I'm not letting you go like this. I'm not letting you go ever.

He smirked at him, "The deal was never to let you die." he told him. The potion remained in front of Nemo's face. He didn't want to force it upon Nemo, that wasn't going to get them anywhere. "The deal was that if you went, I went." he told him. "I wasn't going to let you die alone. And I'm not letting you die here either." he told him. He was getting a little desperate, and he could feel Nemo struggling out of Matt's grasp.

"Now take the god damn potion!" he pleaded.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Omara Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:31 am

“No-no-no-no-“ Nemo stumbled over his distressed words as the knife wound began to drag together and lump upward in a welt at the touch of the healer’s wand tip. The remainder of his injuries would present no lasting challenge for the spellwork of a practiced physician, should the former be mended to prevent further blood loss. Thus, it was with great reluctance that Nemo was healed. Wildly and utilizing all that remained of his ability to command his crumbled being Nemo arched his back upward, bucking his hips. With ferocity, Nemo kicked the heels of his boots outward to slide them along the slick floor, but his fit did little to restore his strength, thus rendering him on the verge of unconsciousness when he was finally detained and pinned flat against the floor once more.

A defeated sob exited Nemo’s hollow core as he dragged his gaze haltingly towards Matt’s after first revisiting Jack’s exhausted face, “I’m done. Just done,” He admitted through his teeth, gritted as the searing bite of another charm electrified him. “I can’t…” Nemo told Matt brokenly whilst taking in his quivering fingers the vial that he had been ordered to drink from. “Please,” He wept as he enclosed the potion in his broken fist and drew it nearer to himself, his eyes flecked with tears. “I can’t anymore, S-Sparky.”

Nemo Omara
Nemo Omara
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Seer

http://sergeantabraham.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

Matt did not attempt to stop Nemo's little fit. An attempt at stopping would only be useless as he was already weak as it was. But Matt was weak too. He let his grip slip and Nemo got a hold of the potion. Matt made to go for it but stopped himself. He let Nemo speak, let him hold the potion. He looked away for a moment at the spot where the wound had been. They were both soaked in blood. "Dammit Mo." he said quietly.

His eyes drifted towards Jack then returned to meet Nemo's. He looked into them and saw despair. He saw darkness, Nemo wasn't telling him things. Nemo had troubles, and Matt wanted to help him with them. He just needed to let Nemo know that he was there for him. The pounding in his own head was returning and he winced a little. As he saw the tears in Nemo's eyes he could barely handle the whole situation.

You can, and you will.

He gently grasped Nemo's hand that was holding the potion. "You can do this. You and I can do this." he said. He added emphasis on "I". "You're not in this alone. You have Jack and I, you need to realize you're not alone." he told him. "When you're in your darkest hour, when you're ready to kill yourself, Jack and I will always be there." he continued to speak. "Because the both of us care about you very much. I've had more fun with you than I've had with anyone in my entire life." he finished as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Dammit Mo.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:17 pm

(...Thanks guys. 6 posts to respond to. >.>)

Jack only half heard Matt because she was looking at Poe. He told her to let him die and she shook her head. "It's not even my call, Poe. You know the Ministry binds me here- Daisy has no choice." Naturally, Jack would never have let him die. She needed Poe- probably more than he needed her- but she knew his desire to die was much stronger than his desire to live. That was where people went wrong.

Matt yelled at Daisy and Jack snapped, "She's trying, Matt!" She was too. She was bent over Poe, her eyes closed as beads of sweat rolled down her forehead and she cast her spells deep inside of him. Matt ran forward and attempted to force feed the potion. "Matt, stop!" Jack commanded. She didn't know the men's relation, but Jack knew. Jack knew why Poe didn't think himself worth saving. Jack knew that this was not a regular suicide attempt, one he wanted stopped, or one to get him attention. Jack knew that when Poe put his mind to something, he wanted it to finish.

And then, Poe was saved. And Jack watched it break his heart.

Matt spoke, but it was all after-school special white noise to Jack. Daisy had backed away and was quietly waiting. Jack watched her roommate carefully and let it all pass between the two of them. Finally, Jack took her turn. She put a hand on Matt's shoulder to ask for clearance. She moved towards Poe's head and lowered her own towards it. She tilted her lips towards his ear and her hand rested on his arm.

"You're not 'no one' to us. You are the only somebody I know."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:53 am

(I really think Red should post right about now)

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum