Crack the Whip
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Crack the Whip Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Crack the Whip

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crack the Whip Empty Crack the Whip

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:28 am

Zada was finishing her business at the fashion house in Venice. She liked Venice--a lot. And she wasnt' going to miss an opportunity to pick up some designer original fashions. After all, she did have a position to maintain now. She had placed her order and had paid handsomely for it. Darkness had fallen, and she stepped out the backway into the back alley behind the fashion house. Gondolas were lovely but she wasn't in the mood tonight.

And as she stepped out, she heard scuffling. A flight had broken out between 3 boys. Two of them clearly were neighborhood Italian roughhousers. The third was some little blond twerp who was trying to prove his mettle. It looked to Zada like the only thing he was going to accomplish was getting himself killed. She stood in the shadows, wrapped in a thin, black summer cloak that pooled on the stone pavement, and she wrapped it a bit closer to conceal herself. Her wand hand felt itchy. She wanted to fire. Not out of any maternal desire to parent the boy. Maternal desires were completely foreign to her. Any desire she had to fire was purely out of sport. For her own amusement. Much like target practice.

She decided to simply stay concealed for the moment and see if he could survive a good old fashioned thrashing, which looked like it was about to commence at any moment.
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 114
Special Abilities : Alchemist, Unforgiveables

Back to top Go down

Crack the Whip Empty Re: Crack the Whip

Post by Alex Star Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:18 am

Beforehand

Alex was walking around Venice because his mother had sent him on some errands, Simply to pick up some things for there home in Japan. He was allowed to stay the next few days by himself, because of his Uncle connections to a certain group in Italy. So he took the time to enjoy himself but things seemed to just not go his way, as he found two guys that were tricking people in a Gambling game. He watched from a distance as they switched around the cards so that they would lose, and they gained all the profit. He walked over to the stand as he decided to play as well, soon they started to shuffle the three cards and once there done he would look at the three but he would only smile.

" I choose the card in your sleeve, because that's the right one after all "

He told the money from the table, as everyone else would look at the three cards only to find them fake. They soon attacked the two as they want there money, but looked at the back of the guy that had caught them only thinking of Revenge.

Present

- You are Dead boy -

Alex had sense that they were following him, and had moved to protect himself. Only one of the two was around at this moment, while other was hidden somewhere. As the first one would raise his right hand aiming to slug Alex with a hay-maker, he would wait for it to come as it approached he would pivot to the side. Then grab the arm with his left and then bending it to the point of breaking, he was going to do more but the second guy threw a brick and hit Alex in the back causing him to release his hold. He needed more room, so he took off into a more deserted place of Venice during the night.

They caught up with him, stopping after finding a silent Street the two had came at him. He would move to the closes one first, countering his punch and tossing him to the side to get punched by his partner. Then used his free hand to punch the second guy with a uppercut to the chin. He didn't care much about them, but both seemed to be push overs to him. He turned around because he felt another presence and soon found someone in the shadows.

" Who ar......Agh!!!"

Because he left his guard down, one of the guys had picked up a Steel pipe from the ground and hit him with it around his neck. He felt to the floor as the second guy would get up as well, they stood over him like the Hunters. The one with the pipe of raise it up high, as he was going for a killing blow to the head, and Alex would grab something from his pocket raising a wand.

" Get away from me!!! "

He yelled but they only swing the pipe, something inside of him had erupted again and shot a extreme pushing spell on the one with the pipe. It pulled him head first into one of the houses walls, as a loud snapping was hear once again. Like when he was younger, the other guy would run away because of his magic. Alex would just walk over to the guy, checking for a pulse, but he just fell to his knees. He had killed another person with his magic, his magic was growing with every day and that he may not okay at all. He looked at the books and blood on the ground, this was going to be a good day. He placed his hands on his eyes to cover the guy, People are cruel. The Dead mans blood was all over the ground, and his clothes were getting all dirty with Blood.
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 326
Special Abilities : Chlorokenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:54 pm

ooc: Yes, I godmodded him. if that's not okay, let me know and i'll change it. no problem.

Zada watched the whole thing play out just about as she had expected. There was something in this boy that reminded her of how Draco had been at that age. The desire to be deadly and feared, and not truly having the chops to do it with. However, where Draco had been, underneath it all, spineless, this boy was merely not developed. He was at the crossroads of his life. He would either grow a pair and become rather intimidating. Or, he would toss in the towel on the Dark Arts and never develop into his full potential. She did not need a bloodied whelp to nursemaid,...but then...oh, damnit. He'd actually fired his wand on muggles. And she was standing here too. The Italian ministry of magic would instantly have his signature and hers. She waited until he was alone with the corpse and then moved silently out of the darkened doorway, her black cape flowing out from behind her, her poised, well trained footsteps looking more like gliding than walking.

"You little fool!" she hissed, snatching him by the arm and leveling her powerful wand at him. "You're going to get us both killed or thrown into prison, and it is not on my schedule for tonight! They'll have their tracers on us both! We have no choice. You have to come with me. We're stuck with each other. We have no choice."

She drew out a portkey out of her pocket--it was a beautiful designer scarf in black silk with platinum threads running through it. She had an iron firm hold on the boy--whatever his name was. "Take hold. We're leaving."

She ported them out, with fierce, violent thundering all around them as they were drawn through the portal. There surely was either a thunderstorm that they were porting through, or there was already resistance forming from the Italian authorities. Either way, it was yet escapable. The portkey delivered them safely to their next venue. The penthouse garden overlooking the Eiffel Tower. An unplottable safehaven she had. Out of Italian reach. As she landed, the trees and the topiaries and the bushes lit with tiny white lights. Lights in the penthouse, with its contemporary design, came on automatically by a prior enchantment she'd laid.

"You're welcome," she said as her feet touched the stone pavement. She expected the next thing she would be greeted with, unless he had been exposed to porting, would be the sound of him hurling up whatever he'd eaten last.
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:24 am

" You little fool! "[/i ]

Alex would only stare at the body that was on the ground, even as she pulled on his arm. Many thoughts run through his Head like he was going to get caught, or that he was going to get caught by the Order. He couldn't let that happen at all, he needed to help his mother, finish his schooling, and to see her again before he would never be able to again.

[i]"You're going to get us both killed or thrown into prison, and it is not on my schedule for tonight! They'll have their tracers on us both! We have no choice. You have to come with me. We're stuck with each other. We have no choice."

He turned his to her as she brought out her Portkey, and before he could say something to her. He was taken with her as he was teleported to her Penthouse. He felt sick from all that had occurred during there jump, and ran to the nearest sink as he threw up all his lunch. Once finished he grabbed a nearby rag from the sink to wipe his mouth, but soon remembered what had happened. He had killed another person with his Cursed Magic, his family Legacy had caused this problem and now it ended with another person dead by his hand.

" You're welcome "

He looked at the Women that had saved or more like taken him from getting caught. He knew who she was from just one meeting he attended with his father, after all he had a photographic memory as he looked at him. He only known her by her first name that was Zada, he would walk up to her as he gave her a distant stare with his Topaz and Emerald eyes.

" I don't need to thank you Zada, you brought me here against my will...and if you don't know me my name is Alex Star, my father was a Death Eater. But my life is now over because of what I did....I can't believe that I caused that to happen....she will never want to talk to me again, if she found out... "
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:41 am

"Against your will?" she laughed, amused. "You truly think I get some sort of satisfaction out of kidnapping children? Then perhaps I should take you back. The aurors will be there by now, cleaning up the mess. Perhaps you're right. Perhaps you can fend for yourself once you stop vomiting. Good luck with that." She drew out the portkey again. She stared him right in the face. "Come along. Perhaps you can explain yourself well enough to keep yourself from a death sentence. Or you could try old fashioned running.

"As for me, I have no intention of serving time for something I did not do. I'll be happy to drop you back off where I got you, but you'll be on your own from there. Surely a Star can cope with the Italian ministry up your arse, right?

"Star, is it? Your father was fairly successful as a death eater. But he couldnt' help you right now if your father had been Voldemort himself. And by 'she', am I to presume you mean your mother? I don't think she'd' be my top concern right now if I were you. "
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:59 am

Alex looked at her as she brought out her portkey again, should he do the right thing.....but he knew he couldn't. He was foolish to even think about such a thing, once they find out his name and his father being a death Eater. He won't matter if he was protecting himself or not, he would just be scum to the Ministry eyes. Looking at Zada for the longest of time before he found the will to answer was difficult to him.

" No....I rather be safe for now, I've caused enough grief to everyone around me. I suppose that "She" is someone that I have taken a liking to but that doesn't matter at this moment. I'm sorry for being rude to someone that has saved me, it's just I had killed another person.....am I destined to join the Death Eater's because of all this bad luck? or am I just going crazy "

He moved to sit down on a couch as he brought his hands to his face trying to think this through. His family had raised him better then this, as for his usual self he wished he was never put in Slytherin or was that his change was getting worse.
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:56 am

"You talk about joining the Death Eaters like its a death sentence in itself," Zada said. "Its not so black and white, you know. I can't counsel you on love. I don't believe in it. You don't appear to me to be going crazy. Not that I can see. Some people go through your sort of confusion after a kill. It can be fairly normal, at least at first. " She poured him a short sip of her imported Russian vodka. It had no taste but a blissful burn that she found to her liking.

"Here," she handed him the glass. "Drink and grow up." She poured herself a glass--bigger glass, the better to hold the larger drink she wanted. "As I see it, you are not used to living in poverty, are you? So, it seems to me that you will need some sort of a profession that wil gain you the ability to keep yourself in the lifestyle to which you have become accustomed. The Order's little belief in their own definition of the 'greater good' has hardly made any of them independently wealthy. And no one makes a decent living at the Ministry. Who ever heard of a governmental worker ever making enough for a mansion on a job like that. However, that respect for tradition, the conservative use of magic to benefit the wizarding world by maximizing the skills that are the entire reason we embrace magic to begin with? Ah, now that is able to provide you with a very comfortable living.

"If you think the Death Eaters is entirely about trying to twist the wizarding world out of kelter, then you've been led to believe Order propaganda. The Death Eaters were formed by Voldemort because the thousands of years of time honored practices of witches and wizards was falling out of style or favor. Being watered down to accomodate blood-blended, inferior people with inferior skills, and mainstreaming our world to the point where it threatens our way of life.

"You can also choose to be more entrepreneureal," she said. "There is a highly lucrative living to be made for pureblood wizards who will work for those exceptionally wealthy enough to pay for the services of a skilled witch or wizard who will act swiftly, silently, and wit the utmost in discretion. Consider it consigliere services if you like, but I like it quite well. I call my own hours, I determine who I will and will not work for, what tasks I will or will not do, and how much I will or will not be paid. And, as you can well see, I am far from suffering or starving.

"I have ways of reducing the demand on your head, but you do need to know what you want for yourself. Perhaps you need to take a couple of days to let your head clear and then make some decisions. And, perhaps you need to simply 'tail' around for awhile and see if being independent suits you," she said, taking a swallow of her vodka.
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:34 am

He was handed the Glass of Vodka, he simply just stared at it. He could see a reflection of himself in the Liquid, he was a mess and he couldn't think straight. Every other word she spoke confused him, it had brought him to think differently of a few things. But he couldn't believe her just yet, if she was right the Ministry is wrong. It was true that they didn't make much money at all, they just lived in the safe part of life. Held back from doing what they wanted, even to restrict them of there privilege of using Magic, of whatever way they chose. He was never big on politics, because his clan lived in the High mountains in Japan, never so close to a major city.

He didn't speak letting her finish her words, he wasn't going to ungentlemanly to her. Learning about the true intentions of the Death Eater army, it was much different from the Ministry way of seeing them. They only speak about the destruction, pain, Despair, and all the foul things they have done in life. But never had they considered such a thing, did they know the true and told the lies to the public? was really just a truth riddled in Lies.

He felt even more lost, then he had when he killed another Man. It wasn't his first kill but he always felt the guilt and regret of the those people. Sometimes he saw them in his nightmares, screaming and there dead faces. It brought him a bad vibe as he his features grew more grim, he was sad about remembering those faces. Maybe he should have killed himself or turned himself in to the Ministry, but he was scared and he had to take care of his only family left his mother.

Business was something his Uncle was into, owning many Locations and a Certain group of underground dealings. As for his Cousin Yukio was private eye detective all over the world, he needed something to learn in his future. He only is in his fifth year at Hogwarts now, but he would need to do something to do in his future. Maybe Zada was that one person that can help him, or was it a bad choice. He looked at his drink again....instead of placing it on the table, he would take a nice long sip but it burned his tongue as it came down. He coughed a little from the drink, as he never had Alcoholic beverage before but his head felt much better, it gave a interesting feeling and he relaxed abit.

" I want what you are offering, I want to learn about your business. I will have to tail around won't I? Like you said......I must grow up sometime, will you help me Zada? "
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Zada watched as the young man seemed to be giving it all thought. That simple act impressed her. He was willing to learn. He had tremendous potential just by being willing to learn. Then he asked the question she had been waiting for. Was she willing to teach him?

Zada looked at him and gave him a slight smile. "Yes," she said simply and quietly. "So, we should start by finding you a room for the night. Come this way." She carried her glass with her and walked through the luxurious penthouse, giving him the tour along the way of the contemporary kitchen and dining room, the library, and the 6 bedrooms.

"My room is the one at the end of the hall," she said, pointing to the master suite. "You can take your pick of any of the others. I suppose it depends on what decor interests you. There is a room in stark white, one in predominantly black and gray, one in reds and white, one in blues, one in greens, and one in yellows. Each one has its own bath suite, and each one has a walk in closet with both men and women's clothing. You should be able to find at least something to change into for a day until we can get you some clothing to your own tastes. You should find everything you need in the bedrooms and their baths. We will return to London tomorrow. There is ample food stocked in the kitchen if you're hungry. I think you've had enough lessons for tonight. You need some time to relax, perhaps sleep,...and I will need some time to undo the hunt for you in Venice. So, make yourself at home--I have work to do. One last question--is there any place else that has a price on your head? Anything else at all you haven't told me that I need to know before we start?"
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:20 am

He followed her as she gave a tour of her house, he was glad that she accepted him to teach him. She even smiled at him, it was very different from how she was acting earlier to him. He relaxed him even more then, but didn't say a word to her until she asked him that one question. He was going to be staying here for the time being, he wouldn't regret that Option for now.

" No that was taken off a long time ago by my uncle, but at the moment I have nothing to discuss with you just yet. Good Night, Zada "

Alex had chosen the room that was colored with red and white, he had seen enough green for one year. The room was well equip, with everything he needed to sleep and even a desk. He found the Bath suite, it was quite large for just one person and would start to take off his clothes and untied his ponytail releasing his long brown hair that reached his waist. Then turned on the shower to take a quick shower, using cold water to calm his nerves and his constant reminder of what had transpired this night.

Once the water droplets had hit his skin, it feel cold but welcomed to him. Trying to think of other things, what would happen to him now that he was returning to London with Zada. What will be doing in there time together, and what is going to happen to him. One thing was in his mind right now, he needed to be brave and change for the better. After staying in there for what felt like forever, he turned it off the water and stepped out getting a towel to dry himself off.

Walking back into the room, he looked through the Male clothing, finding underwear and Black Gym shorts for him to sleep in. He always slept shirtless, exposing his toned chest and six pack once reaching the bed he layed himself on the bed. Looking at the red and white ceiling, as he started to drift into a deep sleep.

- Next morning -

Alex was still asleep in the morning, as his nightmares were spared for this night. He would stayed in bed for the longest time, Zada would have to wake him up. Either with gentle rocking or just doing something bold, after all it was his first lesson today.
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top