Remember me? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Remember me? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Remember me?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Remember me? - Page 2 Empty Re: Remember me?

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed May 16, 2012 1:06 am

Matt pondered his thoughts while Khaat spoke. So he had made a horcrux type thing, unintentionally. Well that was certainly interesting and kind of exciting. But he liked having a complete soul, it made him feel human. He didn't feel any different so he must be alright. He wouldn't deny the fact that he enjoyed this behavior from his wand. He'd had it since he was young and it's won many a battle for him. It was with this wand he graduated Hogwarts with and fought his way out of the hole where he was being kept. He smiled at the better memories and sniffed. "I love this wand." he muttered to himself grinning.

"Well anyway Khaat," Matt began to speak as he pocketed his wand once more. "What's new? You get kidnapped and tortured underground for a few months you're bound to miss something." he said smiling at her. Jack had given him a bit of a run down on what was going on in the wizarding world but he wanted more personal things. "You don't need to tell me about the green itch, I've already been informed of that. What I want to know is what I missed in the Order and everyone's lives. I missed you guys, especially Jess." he couldn't help but give a small laugh. "I haven't seen him in so long."

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 16, 2012 1:23 am

"Hm," she said, "Well, Brian and I finally got married in October. Abbey just turned two, and Dakota will be two in June. The triplets will be 1 in a couple weeks. Brian and I bought a beach house on the Mediterranean in Tuscany last summer. Its just an awesome place with sand and water on three sides. Its just an amazing place. You'll have to see it."

She was trying to avoid the subject of Jess, but because Matt asked, she decided to answer. "I...dont know what's going on with Jess, really," she said. "He seems to be truly pissed off at my father and me. I don't know what thats about. But...it seems to have been building for awhile now, and its getting worse and not better. I can't fix it unless I know what he's so angry about. " She paused for a moment before she spoke.

"I..have to admit. Its making me think that perhaps Jess would be much more comfotable if my father and i took a leave of absence from the Order. Its not what either of us want. But if we don't, the friction itself will risk tearing the Order apart. I think its good that you're back. I think the Order needs definitely needs you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22692
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri May 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Matt listened to Khaat intently as she went on about her life and how her and Jess weren't on good terms. That was a bit of a problem. He had hoped Khaat would help him convince Jess that it was Matt behind the new face,focus on the positive though. "Congratulations Khaat!" he said to her with a smile and a chuckle. "I always knew you would end up having too many kids to count. All those adoptions and such." The smile slowly disappeared when it came down to talking about Jess. That was not something he had been expecting to hear. He racked his brain, thinking of something to say. But he really couldn't think of anything preplanned to say.

"There has to be a reason, Khaat. Jess just doesn't get angry for no reas-okay well sometimes but he wouldn't at you." he told her. "And it's YOU, it has to be big and it has to be important. I'm going to him next, to talk to him and show my new face." he continued to speak. But he paused for a moment and closed his eyes with a sigh. "I'll see what I can find out. I don't enjoy the idea about you and your father leaving the Order but it may have to be done. I may be able to delay it however, so do make any plans yet. Just lay low for now." he smiled at her. "I dunno, I've never really been all that important to the Order. Mostly information, useless information..." he trailed off.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 28, 2012 3:38 pm

"Stop devalueing yourself," she said. "There have just been too many times when your ideas that your brought to the table or your skills with a wand were critical to us. Besides the information you've brought. But--I would truly appreciate the help with Jess. I know that he and my father don't always agree on their political ideas. But that never kept them from being friends. And, so far as I know, I haven't done anything to him.

"You know," she frowned, a new thought striking her. "Back to your wand for a minute. You said that wand seems to be a feminine energy? Wait a second. Is there any chance that perhaps it holds the energy signature of someone you knew? It wouldn't be unusual for us to care about someone so much that we transfer a part of ourselves into something close to someone we love. Especially if we thought either we or they were in trouble. I have seen some things that sorta feel like that to me, anyway."

The more she encountered werewolves lately, the more she began to feel like there was some sort of a connection between her necklace and Remus in a way she didn't understand. She had never talked about it, but there were times that she was just beginning to see in which the stone seemed to have a mind of its own. It was perplexing.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 am

Matt couldn't help but allow a flicker of a smile to break his face. He kept his eyes down and pulled his wand out once again. He looked down at it, between his finger tips it LOOKED so normal. To the naked eye it was, but to Matt is was powerful; it was alive. He tapped the tip of it with his finger, deep in thought. He wasn't really focused on what Khaat was saying but he managed to get the just of it. Connecting an item to someone from their past. He sighed and looked up at her, the smile gone.

"The only people I've ever felt strongly about have been Psychopaths, including my ex girlfriend." he grinned as he spoke. "My God she was amazing.." he trailed off once again. Memories, many memories. Although bits of his childhood and school life were being forgotten. He just didn't know it.

He looked back down at his wand. He continued to fiddle with it, allow a short burst of sparks to shoot out of the end for fun. "It's been so long since I've actually used her for fun. It's always been duels for because I needed to get somewhere." he thought out loud. He was beginning to get sentimental. "Granted she loves a good duel, but I can't remember the last time I did some cheap tricks." he continued to speak like he had known it for years.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 31, 2012 4:11 am

She wasn't entirely amused by the thought of a psychopathic wand. She frowned a minute, thinking. "Is it possible that there might have been someone, then, who perhaps liked you that you were not as fond of as she was of you? It's just a thought." She hesitated before she added a thought. "I don't know how much you know about this necklace I wear, but...aside from the somewhat public knowledge that Remus had Flamel make it, there is little else known, except for one or two obvious things. But--I swear there are times I think the damned thing has a mind of its own. I don't know if its Flamel's own energies, or Remus's, or whether the stone just somehow got a bit more enchanted than I knew of, or whether its my own being infused after all this time,...or whether I"m just crazy. But for what its worth, I do have just a tiny idea of what its like.

She did notice the rather unusual personalization and attachment to the wand that Matt had, and that was new. It was not like the Matt she knew.

"Did you ever consider letting wandmaker examine it? Like Ollivanders? Or..perhaps...a seer?" Sometimes subtlety wasn't her strong suit, but, there. She'd said it. Perhaps he'd let her just see if she could sense or feel something from it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:02 am

Matt was hesitant at the thought of letting someone examine his wand. He knew that Khaat was a seer but it was his wand and it had always gotten the job done. He looked at it again and still maintained a firm grip on it. He did sense Khaat's change in tone however and that worried him the most. He did however think back into his past. Thinking of there was anyone who had an unhealthy attachment to him or if he had one. He had never really developed his emotions well until a few years ago. Perhaps in a past life? Oh who knew, he really didn't care. All he knew was that his wand wasn't a Psychopath and it wasn't dangerous. Well, technically it was but only if Matt allotted it to be. He looked at Khaat again with hesitant eyes. Maybe if he let Khaat handle it just this once.

"Oh...well, alright." he told her, finally giving in. He rolled his wand across the table so Khaat could grab it. "I don't care what you manage to sense from it; I'll be wanting it back." he put a bit of intimidation into his voice at those words. He made the conscious decision to refer to it as an it instead of a her. He knew that was weird for him and it even worried him a bit. But it was probably nothing, just an attachment to his wand. It was comforting to him in times of trouble though and didn't want to lose it.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Khaat took the wand in her hands and slowly spun it between her fingers. Matt was right. It did have a feminine presence about it. And it seemed to have some limited degree of sentience. Not that that was uncomon. Garrick Ollivander had always believed there was some degree of magical sentience behind a wand's true nature anyway. But..this wand was protective of its owner. Again, not entirely unusual. And...she thought...was that a bit of...feminine jealousy? Or was it just caution? Almost as much posessiveness at Matt seemed to be feeling about it. Rather unusual when it all was added up.

But where did it come from? She wondered if it was Emmy's essence. It didn't feel to her like the Emmy she had known and worked wtih. Unless there had been a side to Emmy that she hadn't known. She didn't have a clear sense on whether it was dark energies or light energies either. It seemed to be functioning in more of a 'gray' zone. Or at least it wanted to appear in a neutral zone. Wands were, after all, supposed to be relatively neutral, in an ideal setting. It didn't appear to be Matt's energies. Not from what she felt. There were some common elements, but it did feel different.

"I..can't see anyone specific behind it," she said, returning the wand to him. "But you're right. The energy does feel more female rather than male to me too. Its too bad old Ollivander isn't around to decipher this for you. He did so love a challenge with a wand. And there really was no one better at anything to do with a wand than him.

"I'd be just a wee bit careful about how much you let it influence you,though. I do see the potential for that wand to have some strong desires or opinions of its own, and I can't tell if they're dark or light. You already know that one should always be in control of the wand rather than the reverse. Nothing wrong with being connected to it, but you know our history books are full of tales of wizards gone wrong from the power in a wand that overtook them. Hopefully, its just because I'm not getting the full picture here."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:29 am

He took the wand from her and pocketed it. He was also slightly worried, but not overly. I mean he had always loved his wand. It was a fantastic wand! It had saved him multiple times and it had caused a great deal of damage to people he didn't like. It always cooperated and it was always there when he needed it. But Khaat was right, he should be very careful with it. He didn't want it to learn how to control him, not that it was already. "I'm not too worried about it." he told her. "It doesn't feel like an evil presence." he chuckled shortly at the thought.

OOC: I am sorry it's REALLY short but I can NOT think of anything else to put it Sad

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum