Ghosts.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ghosts.  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ghosts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ghosts.  Empty Ghosts.

Post by Mira Anderson Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am

Vivian Anderson was, in some ways, a truly incredible woman. The mastery in which she was able to spin her web of lies and take complete control of just about any situation had served as a role model for her eldest daughter over the years. Vivian was a striking five foot ten and a half and held her long, never-greying, blonde hair back in an expertly sculpted bun. Only recently had she started to let the soft wrinkles of a rapidly aging face start to show. She could kill with a single pointed stare and, like her daughter, very much resembled a harpy when angry. Vivian appreciated every one of her similarities with Mira, seeing as she saw herself in her daughters bright eyes and was able to relive her own youth in the loosest possible sense.

On the surface the two Anderson women were remarkably similar. Their god-given gift of beauty had come along with a heaping side dish of vanity that they bit into gratefully. Both girls had the ability to transform into a perfect wife and hostess in moments notice. Not to mention they could plan everything from the perfect dinner party to the perfect marriage in three hours or less. The combination of looks, brains, and pure selfishness made them both experts at dying art of manipulation. But the most important similarity between the two girls was that they had both been completely shattered by the death of the third Anderson girl, Alice. Shutting out all sensible or pleasant feeling, they grieved in a icy, angry silence. While Richard Anderson had hoped this would return to normal after a few months, the Anderson manor remained chilly and loveless to this day.

Vivian had always enjoyed all aspects of pureblood society. She had known Mira's match with Elijah Krum had been an excellent call because it had secured a even tighter connection with the wealthy Krum family and had opened the doors to what would become a lifetime of scheming. But then things had gone wrong. Elijah had immediately rejected Mira. This had infuriated Vivian but she had not shown it, trying to maintain friendship with the Krums. And it had worked. For the next five years it had been secrets and lies. The two families had grown intertwined in ways that neither Vivian or Viktor had believed possible. Since then both of the adults had covered each others tracks countless times.. Entrusting secrets to eachother and endless scheming. So it was only right that Vivian knew almost all of what had happened between a distant uncle, Elijah, and Alice.

Naturally the whole thing had been kept quiet enough that Mira had absolutely no idea. Clueless as ever, her daughter continued to think she was all knowing. But then when Mira had returned home for a weekend Vivian had let something slip. In only a few words Mira had learned that Stefan had had something to do with the death of her sister. With Vivian unwilling to forfeit any more information Mira had hastily returned to Hogwarts. But this was where the two Anderson women differed. Vivian felt no need to reopen the wounds of her child's death. Mira took it to heart. For the young blonde it was like her sister had died all over again. Murder by muggles was like getting killed by some sort of large cat. Unfortunate.. but an accident because it was done by an animal. But getting killed by a wizard was murder.

Since returning to school Mira had been looking out for Elijah. Not for her normal reasons of making sure he had no whores hanging off of him. (Although they were no longer together, and probably never would be again, she still could not control her jealous impulses.) No, now all she wanted was information. Because if anyone would be able to know what had happened between Stefan and her sister it would be Elijah. On her second day back to school she finally got a glimpse of his well-built figure and dark Krum hair. It was in the great hall during breakfast. Gingerly setting down her half eaten toast, she hoisted up her robes and stepped out of the bench next to the Slythirin table. Never had the blonde moved with such purpose. Not overcome with lust like was traditional, but rather pain. Mira needed to know. She was sure getting the whole story would make everything better... It had to.

Coming up behind Elijah's hunched over figure, Mira placed her delicate hand on his broad shoulder. He turned to see who was there and Mira tried her best to smile. It came out as a sort of grimace. Not because of him, oh no, he looked as perfect as ever. She was just so consumed with the confusion and reopened grief that she could hardly believe she would ever feel true joy again. Without a greeting she said "I need to talk to you." Under normal circumstances Mira would get nervous being around her eternal heartache. But today nothing could phase her. And maybe that was a good thing.
Mira Anderson

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Ghosts.  Empty Re: Ghosts.

Post by Elijah Krum Mon May 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Viktor Krum had made his feelings clear to his eldest son; he would no longer have anything to do with him. Unceremoniously, in the early months of the year, Elijah was cut off and denied even so much as a slither of the inheritance he had been due before he’d raised his wand to deliver a blow that Stefan Krum had deserved decades before. Viktor refused to acknowledge his brother had been involved with the death of his wife and his prospective daughter-in-law’s sister. Viktor had believed Elijah’s actions to be unwarranted and in cold blood and though he wished to punish the boy for his sins he could not bear to report what he had done to the Ministry of Magic either in Bulgaria or in England. Viktor had kept his mouth shut, masked his brother’s death as a fall and they had him buried days within the event, the Krum heir suspiciously absent. In an equally bizarre fashion, the Daily Prophet noted, Viktor disowned his son for all intents and purposes and cast him away though it did not have much effect on the boy’s lifestyle.

Upon his abandonment, Elijah purchased a home in Scotland and uprooted, once again, his precious children. This time, not only were they motherless but they were also lacking in terms of extended family bar the Harrows and so Elijah was spending increasing time away from school, completing assignments that his Professor’s owled to him if he spent an extended period at the house. He was sure Khaat knew of this but did not care to owl her about his troubles. He was handling it well enough. Harry made known his disapproval but Elijah did not dignify much of the elder man’s protests with responses, for he no longer had much of an influence on the boy who had long since become a man. He was truly a man now, taking on responsibilities that he should have done years before. He was comfortable in terms of funds but he knew being wealthy was not something his children wanted. It was not something he wanted solely either. It was useful, that was for sure, but he wanted a wife, just as his children wanted a mother. He wanted Mira.

That morning he had packed his trunk once again, shrinking it and placing it in the pocket of his robes before making his way down to the Great Hall and informing his head of house about his intention to leave for perhaps a month or so. The man as not pleased with Elijah but relented all the same and Elijah decided to wolf down a brief breakfast before making his way into Hogwarts where from there he could apparate. Just as he was finishing his eggs though, Elijah felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned at the familiar voice and Elijah rose at her request.

“What is it?” He asked, reading the look of misery on Mira’s face. His hands fell to her waist, breakfast now far from his mind, and he brought one up from there to cup her cheek. “Mira, what’s happened? What’s wrong?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Anderson Tue May 08, 2012 12:12 am

It was strange how the same person who was capable of making you a nervous wreck was also the same person who could instantly calm you. Mira instantly locked into Elijah's worried gaze, grasping for that feeling of serenity that she sometimes got when around him. His hand touched her waist and cheek and it felt like she was being wrapped up in an old childhood blanket. Like his steadying hands were all that kept her from falling gracefully to the floor in a thousand pieces. As she breathed out, she seemed to shudder. Her voice wavered and she said "Mum said.. Alice.. Stefan.." like the words hurt her to speak. "I need to know what happened." Mira hadn't expected it but as soon as the words were out of her mouth she felt just the tiniest bit better. Because for the last couple of days it had been like she had been completely alone, having to carry this secret on her shoulders alone. Because she couldn't tell anyone but Elijah. He was the only one who could possibly understand.

Mira had heard way too much about the former Krum heir during her time back at the Anderson manor. She knew the basics of him being disowned completely from the Krum name but Mira had not been privileged with the reasons for this. Of course she wanted to know.. if it could happen to the handsome, intelligent, son then it could easily happen to Mira. Several times throughout her life she had thought that she had cut it too close.. that she wouldn't quite make the mark needed to inherit the Anderson fortune. At points Mira was sure that it was only the fact that she was an only child (or rather only living heir) that kept her in her mothers good graces. But neverless she felt pretty bad for her Bulgarian companion. Money wasn't everything but it sure was way better than being poor (not that Mira had ever experienced such a thing). So far this sudden change in fortune didn't seem to be hitting him too hard. He looked good. The kind of good that was known for making Mira uncomfortable.

Even in this state it did not pass by Mira that this was the first time in months that they had touched beyond a brush in the hallway. She recognized it but didn't really bother her. She wasn't here to throw herself at him. She was here because she needed him as her friend. One benefit to someone having known you since you were born was that they truly understood you. Both the ugly and the beautiful.
Mira Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Fri May 11, 2012 3:58 pm

It was an undeniable fact: Elijah Krum had been disowned; and it was something that Elijah had taken to quite easily. The place in Scotland had proved to be a haven, safe away from his family. He was certainly glad for the help he had received but was now finding his footing without their overbearing nature and the need to be in his life near constantly. He was finally beginning to be the father he had been trying to be and Merlin knew the children were grateful for it. With N.E.W.T’s more or less done, the only remaining exams weeks away, he could spend more and more time at home, balancing parenthood with studying and carrying it off admirably; or at least according to Micah he was. Elijah hadn’t had much disturbance or questioning from anyone he encountered as to what he was doing; they merely accepted it. With no questions or requests of him, Elijah could put unimportant things to the back of his mind and focus on his children and though he wouldn’t dare admit it, Mira had been one of those unimportant things until about a week or so prior when he truly felt her absence.

More importantly though, her sister had been one of those unimportant things. He’d forgotten all about what had happened at Christmas; about what he’d been told; about what he’d done. He’d forgotten. Until now.

Elijah swallowed and took Mira’s hand, leading her from the Great Hall so they were out in the privacy of the Entrance Hall. It was there that he turned and looked at her, his hands winding around her upper arms as he took her in, his eyes unblinkingly drinking in her appearance as he tried to ascertain whether she truly wanted to know. It seemed, much to his dismay, that she did. She needed to know; for closure more than anything else. Sighing, Elijah dropped his hands to his sides and looked at her, contemplating whether or not it was a good idea to tell her. She needed to know, this he recognised, but he didn’t know whether he wanted to repeat it or not. Slowly though, he came around to the idea, knowing that perhaps speaking about it would heal not only her but him and so after what felt like an eternity of waiting, Elijah finally opened his mouth.

“Stefan had been dealt with.” Elijah said shortly. “He can’t hurt anyone anymore. He orchestrated much more than just the death of Alice, Mira. This I assume you know otherwise you wouldn’t ask. The murder of Alice was to hurt me, and in turn my father. What he did to my mother is something unforgivable. Drove her bonkers first, didn’t he? Then he killed her.” Elijah licked his lips and glanced at Mira, apologetic. “Sorry...I just want to get this out and get rid of it. He was jealous of my father and attempted anything to try and break the chain of succession. I didn’t know about Alice until he tried to kill me but his attempt and success at disposing of my mother was one I had come to know of. At Christmas I...I saw him and I...I could not be held accountable for my actions. Forgive me Mira, I couldn’t sit back and smile through my teeth at him. I couldn’t. I could barely sit there knowing that he was there, after killing Alice, my mother and attempting me...knowing that Irina’s son was an important instrument...and so fragile...he...I...I’m sorry.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Anderson Tue May 15, 2012 1:57 am

Mira saw Elijah examine her expression for a moment, as if contemplating whether or not to tell her. But after a strained moment he took her by the hand and gently led her out into the great hall. There were a few students milling about, chatting on their way to the great hall, but no one was close enough to be able to really listen in. They stood in their corner quietly for what felt like an eternity as Elijah looked at her. Mira had to admit that it was kinda nice to have him honestly look into her eyes again. In the last few months any strangling glances had been followed by a sneer, quick glance away, or a laugh that made Mira uncharacteristically self conscious. He hadn't been mean.. But from the second that they had been separated he had instantly forgotten her and treated her like they had never happened. Like before. As Mira waited with a nervous anticipation she barely had time to think strait. 

Eventually he spoke. For a long second Mira did nothing. She mulled over his words cautiously, trying to really figure them out before reacting. Piece by piece she put together what he said in her brain. Elijah had done it. He had killed Stefan. Mira let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. "Thank you." she said simply. For a second she looked as if she were about to laugh. But then with a single hiccuping sob she began to cry. It was completely silent and, as far as crying went, unmessy. Silver tears chased each other down Mira's winter toned cheeks, leaving a glossy trail behind. Mira knew she would have been embarrassed for this spectacle under normal circumstances. But she also knew right now she needed to cry. Because these were not tears of sadness, these were the tears of someone finally letting go. Mira's body shook slightly from crying and she unconsciously leaned forward into Elijah. Her right cheek nestled into his shoulder naturally and she could feel her tears slowly soaking into his robe. 

Mira's arm was hooked around Elijah's waist, holding her to him. He smelled warm and familiar and comforting. A home away from home. It may have been seconds, but it felt like minutes later, Mira felt the tears stop. She pulled herself away from Elijah and wiped her cheek just to be sure she was tear-free. Looking the Bulgarian strait in the eyes she said "There is nothing to forgive. I am the one who is indebted to you in every possible way. There should never be any rejoicing for a death but I'm afraid this is the exception. I don't even know what to say." Mira shrugged uncomfortably, the corners of her lips had started to turn upward in the ghost of a smile. She actually felt much better now. All that would be needed for a full recovery was a night to just sit alone in the dorm and think the whole thing over. Time to process what she had just learned. 
Mira Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Elijah knew that Mira needed time by herself to deal with what she’d learnt. He had yet to get over such knowledge himself though the dead of his uncle had, understandably, been far more reassuring for him than anything else had been his entire life. Looking at Mira now there were so many things he wanted to say to her, so many things he’d left unsaid, so many promises he’d wished he’d actually kept. He hadn’t though, and now he suffered for it with the unbridgeable ocean between them. He wished he could bridge it, though. Even as he held her close there was a world between them. He knew he needed to change that but it would take time and his undying devotion.

Elijah pressed a kiss to Mira’s forehead and rubbed her back. “Are you going to be alright?” he asked her.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top