Y U NO POST PA?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Y U NO POST PA? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Y U NO POST PA?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Y U NO POST PA? Empty Y U NO POST PA?

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:18 am

I'm getting frustrated with the lack of posting. I feel like I get on and just spam the games section waiting for love.

So let's brainstorm. Ideas for activity. Any? I have some but I want to hear your guys' first. Things that made you all active? Yeah?
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Y U NO POST PA? Empty Re: Y U NO POST PA?

Post by Jess Potter Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:19 am

Cut down on the amount of places we can RP, ban closed threads and make factions mandatory for at least one character per person (after the first character)

They're harsh, but all are better than the site floundering about and dying, which is very much on the cards right now people.

And yes, that is me being blunt
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Judd Lewis Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:35 am

I dunno. I don't think that works. It was really active when I first joined and there weren't any regulations, really. Plus, without closed threads, plots won't get done. And the amount of places to RP kickstart my imagination. Mandatory factions, maybe. That could work. But the problem is people join out of obligation then never post.
Judd Lewis
Judd Lewis

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:49 am

Sorry, I'm a bit out of touch, how long ago did you first join?

You're right whenever it was, but your definition of "really active" may be different to my own - to me, really active is around the... 150-200 posts a day mark, at the moment it's around 50.

one thing, then onto an idea that just occurred to me. I think it'd be better to have people join and rarely RP in the factions then have people just not join, because I think people would feel a little bit more obliged to join if they could see what was going on, and be continuously invited into things by group PM listings.

But I think one of the biggest problems is coming in the length of our posts. If we all make shorter posts and interacted a little more the topics would last longer, we'd be able to spew out posts on the go (Rather than the current system of *Sit down, take 30 mins to reply*) and keep things moving.

For example, just then in the Wizengamot courtroom I have an idea for a post but I thought "Why don't I get someone else invovled" so instead of just getting up and making my big long post, I got up and made a very short one asking Khaat for permission to make it (as she is IC in control of that topic) thus she is involved in the process and is more inclined to wait for the answer - a big monumental thing doesn't just come out of nowhere, there's suspense and buildup, it wont be over in 20 posts time, it'll be over in 50 or 100 instead - because stretching things out is a little better.

Not really a suggestion, in it's proper form, just some thoughts of my own - shorter and more interactive posts are better, in my opinion, and I'm gonna change my RP style now to match that.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Omara Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:54 am

Keep your alans on; it is simply the season for inactivity on RP boards. It is to be anticipated, and not to be reacted to with the creation of new demands. This is not a hostage situation, after all.

P.S.
That's quite the lengthy post you've got there Jess. Did you run it through the Word Counter? Wink
Nemo Omara
Nemo Omara
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Seer

http://sergeantabraham.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:57 am

Uh, like 2 summers ago? I think. It was quite abit. Dozens people online at a time on average if I remember right. Now I sit staring at the Who's Online page, refreshing over and over.

I guess you're right about the faction thingy. I know it just got a little frustrating talking to fellow PA members that I had never RPed with.

I agree about post length. I'm just doing whatever it takes to get out the words I want now and it's working a lot better. Some posts I spend more time on if it's critical to my character, but for fun RPing or faction RPing I just try to get posts out.

I feel like minimal personal plotting goes on nowadays, and from what I observed, that was a driving force behind all RPing. I dunno. I have a few thoughts on it that I think might boost posting if other people agree.

@Red- I have no life, and having nothing to respond to on PA reminds me of how little I have to do. *foreveralone*
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:04 am

@ Red: What is the main reason for inactivity?

And I was more referring to RP posts, not OOC posts - as an admin I feel obliged to make long intimidating OOC posts
Nah, I was just on a roll, that was all.

Are you Judd?

@ Jack
I'm merely voicing an opinion. I know I get very bored RPing simply because it takes me quite awhile to reply to posts, and in turn it takes awhile to get a reply... some posts do require a lot of response, but a lot don't - tis just my opinion.

But I know how you feel, I feel sorta guilty, i was the HA at the time of its decline, or sorta drove it into the ground huh :/
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:10 am

I am Judd.

And I know, and I see your point.

I was thinking a good idea might be a 'Help Wanted' type post run by admins. Ya'all could post the things you guys need that are crucial to the plot. Certain events, types of characters, etc. I always think to myself "I want to make a character that can play an important part of the plot and get things moving..." but then I always deadpan as to how. The few times I've tried, it just hasn't worked out.

Also, I may have an idea for an AU miniplot to get posting going. Just for funsies.

And I STILL think if people used the plot pages, people would start trying to get their characters interacting. That might be my own nostalgia for how I got my first characters going, but it seemed to work then.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 am

Ah, ok, well you were around for the prime, I think, or close to it.

I hate to sound ignorant, but I never got into the plot page - how did it work exactly? I'd like to use Sam in it, as he's got a lot more potential than Jess (mehtinks)
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:23 am

You use a template (caution has some beautiful ones, but you have to rework the codes) and you simply post the links to your character's OOC stuff (app for sure, then anything other if you want like photo journals and whatnot) and list the relations. Then people can apply for them. It's simple, it just seems to connect people's characters and get ideas brewing.

Here's mine for an example.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top