Money system restart
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Money system restart Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Money system restart

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Money system restart Empty Money system restart

Post by Jess Potter Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:01 am

Hey.

I want your honest opinions folks.

Personally, i want the money system to exist in some way shape or form, but I need to know what you all think of that.

I left the admins in the lurch when i left before, my final instructions regarding the money system were "Don't do anything with it, just watch for the first few weeks and get a feel whilst I do it all, then we'll be all good"

And then i lost internet... not good.

So I was thinking that I could restart them again, set the totals back to 50, change anyone's vaults if the need it (Some people, and I agree here, think it's easier to do all your characters on one day, and I'm happy to accomodate for that)

My logic is that not everyone understood the system, both on and off the admin team, when i went inactive, so we're in a bad spot with it right now. No matter what something should really change now, I just need to find out what that is.

So, let me know if you agree with resetting the vaults to 150 and confirming that everyone does have a vault, or else let me know your thoughts on it.

Cheers, Jess Smile
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Money system restart Empty Re: Money system restart

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:14 am

i like it. but perhaps we need to make clear in the first post of the vault how much folks salaries are. somehow. idk. when salaries are varied, we need to have it right there about who gets paid what. unless you know how to make it simple.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22717
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:23 am

I like it as well, its a good way to keep everyone organized. But maybe some clarification is needed for various members(including me at times...) because this is probably new to most of us and we're just a bit lost on it.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 am

jessy? just a thought...when you get it restarted, what about doing a half price sale on all the stores for a limited time? Might get folks interested in actually trying the buying/selling thing without feeling like they're taking much risk.

thoughts?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:27 am

I think it'll be best if we do all our characters all in one day. I think it'll be best if we do like that, make a list of all the people charries and then set them by alphabetical order. We might have to change the vault numbers but it sure will be easier if our charries did it all in one day! Wink
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:38 am

That can have its ups and downs though. Sometimes people come on the site just to post in their vaults, and by having their characters spread out among different days, they see all the activity going on everywhere and they get interested in posting elsewhere, like actually RPing. But with all the vaults being together in one day, we might actually lose activity.

I'm not saying that having them in one day is a completely bad thing, because I understand that people have lives outside of PA, but I just think that it might cost us some activity with certain RPers.

Oh that reminds me. Jess, I know of quite a few new members that don't have vaults, so I guess I'll PM you the names, if you like.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:45 am

but wait...in order for them to earn anything in their vaults, they have to actually be on and posting in other ways. I see your points, and you both have good thoughts.

but the vaults and the money are merely tools to help characters interact more effectively in their plots. we need to be moving the focus to the IC posting.

for most folks, perhaps if we let them post their characters in one day, it would be less of a chore than if they have to come on daily to do what could quickly become a mandatory task.

above all, PA needs to be fun. A place members want to be. Isn't that, ultimately, why we're all here? So keeping it as simple as we can, at least for the members, seems to make a lot of sense to me.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:59 am

Hm... That's true. Either way the activity for the site will be here among lots of people. And by doing it all on one day, it does leave more time for posting in other threads...

So I guess either way, its like a win-win situation?
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:10 am

thats how i see it. i think we need to make sure we keep our focus on ic posting and if we keep our focus correctly, and on making things easy to fully participate and making folks feel like every member is welcome and important, as best we can, i think we'll do well.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:35 am

i'm fine with the idea of a restart but I still run into the issue of not being able to do a job. Hazard of being amazing I suppose Very Happy
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top