Darren
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Darren Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Darren

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darren Empty Darren

Post by Darren Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:53 pm

This IS finished. I just need surname suggestions, since I realized I can't use riddle anymore.

Darren Twilight+GaspardUlliel4

DARREN CASSEL
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Darren Cassel (will probably be changed again soon haha)
    its not riddle anymore :/
    I’ll edit this later

NICKNAMES: None

ALLEGIANCE: None

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Slytherin, naturally

CLASSES: (Students only. Please choose from Charms, CoMC, DADA, Transfiguration, and Potions. 2 Minimum for Basic students and 2 for NEWTs, or one class and an internship for NEWTs)

PLAY BY: Whoever the hell the guy on my DP is :/
    Gaspard Uliel! Thank you Eli! I never knew who he was, Jemma forced me to have a playby :/

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR:
    Black

EYE COLOR:
    Blue

HEIGHT:
    6'2

GENERAL APPEARANCE:
    Tall, pale and dark haired with pointed features, Darren is considered by most to be quite attractive. He has a rather long face, pointed at his chin, with inward pointed eyebrows - giving him an expression of anger - and quite small ears. The eyes are quite small too, though they often look smaller than they actually are as he often squints. His eyes are greyish blue, hard, cold and always alert. Darren’s expression reflects his general attitude towards strangers, hostile or blank. Still, when around people he knows, a smile, though more often a smirk, is not uncommon. Darren’s hair is jet black, and he usually keeps it quite long from the front so that it reaches his eyes. He doesn’t bother with keeping it neat, and hence its usually flying around in all directions.

Darren is tall, and most would compare him to a stick, because there is hardly any muscle or fat there. Darren is stronger than he looks, but he can hardly boast much physical strength. He dislikes muggle clothes and almost always prefer to wear robes when in the wizarding world, usually black.

PERSONALITY

CHARACTER STRENGTHS AND SKILLS:
    Clever
    Cunning
    Talented
    Knowledgeable
    Honorable
    Competitive
    Confident
    Determined
    Logical
    Likes to learn
    Introverted
    Learns quickly
    Good at flying
    Good at dueling
    Proud
    Loyal
    Astute
    Imaginative
    Devoted

CHARACTER WEAKNESSES:
    Proud
    Skeptical
    Cynical
    Hostile
    Egoist
    Selfish
    Arrogant
    Pessimist
    Jealous
    Obsessive
    Evasive
    Unpredictable
    Rebellious
    Quite stoic
    Strange sense of humor
    Impatient
    Controlling
    Often quite lazy or tired
    Hypocritical
    Often confused
    Often careless
    Gets bored easily
    Often unproductive
    Inconsistent

CHARACTER LIKES:
    Challenges
    Winning
    Power
    Being alone
    Reading
    Obedience
    Wizards Chess
    Mysteries
    Stories
    Close friends
    Flying
    Being different
    Dueling
    Running
    Thinking

CHARACTER DISLIKES:
    Group work

Strangers
    Happy, content people
    Sleeping
    Following orders
    Questions
    Crowded places
    Anything common and mainstream
    Society in general
    The dark

GOALS:
    Not quite sure

QUIRKS:
    Bites nails often

BOGGART:

PATRONUS:
    Probably some memory at school or with his mother.

DEMENTOR:
    Sisters death

VERITASERUM:
    meh. idk, will edit this later

PERSONALITY:

Darren is a very guarded individual with a complicated personality. There are two sides to Darren, and they're quite different. Both sides are very much who he is and they rarely overlap each other, never really merge, making his personality rather dynamic and wide ranged.

He is not outgoing, rarely makes friends or tries to, and is usually just plain hostile towards strangers. He tends to make a lot of assumptions about people without even getting to know them, which explains his hostile attitude. Darren also exhibits a superiority complex, although this is paradoxically rooted in feelings of inferiority and in his inability to fit in with most people. Despite his solitary nature, Darren is not shy at all, and if he feels like it he can be quite charming.

Every so often, somehow, he does make friends, and with them he is quite a different person. His nature is not exactly sweet, but neither is he the hostile cynic most people see and sometimes actually comes across as quite a vulnerable person. Even with his friends, he often pursues his own desires first, and can also be controlling and egoistic. Still, he is fiercely loyal, and usually willing to go to great lengths for people he is close to. The only downside is that Darren also tends to become very possessive with his close friends, sometimes to the point of jealousy or obsessiveness.

Trust is not in his nature. Darren likes to think that he can see through people quite easily, and as a result he is quite hard to fool. However, he assumes more than he knows, and often his assumptions are based more on paranoia or egotism than logic. Darren is proud of himself, his personality and his traits that set him apart from others - he does anything to avoid just being another person. Nevertheless, he also thinks that he hasn’t achieved nearly as much as he should have. Darren likes to be challenged and is very ambitious and talented, but all too often he shows carelessness or defeatism in his goals if he lacks the proper motivation.

Darren is naturally quite good at most things he does, like quidditch or dueling, but lacks the discipline to really take advantage of his talents. He is unorganized, and methodical, everyday activities like training or studying bore him very quickly. Since he was young he’s had sleeping problems too, with the result being that he is often tired and forgets many things. This, coupled with the fact that he is naturally quite careless, makes him quite unpredictable or unreliable, excelling at some activities while abandoning or failing others.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER:
    Anthony - deceased, probably
    MOTHER:
    Alexandra - deceased
    SIBLING(S):

OTHER:
    A sister - deceased

BLOOD STATUS: Half-Blood

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Middle Class, previously wealthy

PET(S):

BROOMSTICK():

OTHER POSSESSIONS:
    (OPTIONAL)

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years:
    Childhood is definitely the best time of most people’s lives, and it was the same for Darren. His family lived in relative seclusion with their house located a couple miles away from a small town in northern scotland. Despite this, he wasn’t really ever unhappy or lonely. He spent a lot of time with his sister and parents, and was quite comfortable. He would read a lot, and sometimes go to the nearby village or to london with his family. All in all, it was quite a happy and sheltered life. At least until he was nine, when a strange sequence of events took place that resulted in his mother’s and sister’s deaths and his father joining the death eaters. Darren still does not know the reason for their deaths, but he has tried to find out and it is still one of his main goals.

After his mother’s death, Darren found himself spending almost every day completely alone. His father just was never there, and he knew no one nearby. Soon, Darren was just ticking the days left until his eleventh birthday. The letter from Hogwarts came soon, to his relief, and he went to Hogwarts with high expectations.

Hogwarts Years:
    Naturally, it took him a while to fit in at Hogwarts, but by the end of the year he had a few Slytherin friends. He was by no means popular, at least not until the third grade, when success in quidditch matches and giving others his homework gained Darren quite a few fans in his house. Nevertheless, he was never comfortable with this popularity, and only grew more reclusive as a result.

Surprisingly perhaps, the majority of his friends at Hogwarts were not Slytherins. Jess, Dae and him were all intense rivals, but they eventually formed strong, although often tense, friendships. Mariana, Sophia and Ginevra were his other good friends. Ginevra in particular became an object of attraction and obsession for him. He was both over-protective of her and wildly jealous of all of her male friends. While the attraction was mutual, Darren always resisted ever becoming anything more than friends with her, due to varying reasons.

By the fifth grade, the control demon inside Darren became quite apparent. A prefect first and then head boy, Darren frequently abused his powers in order to control his peers. Needless to say, this didn’t earn him many fans amongst his classmates, although he seldom used his powers against fellow Slytherins.

Darren’s academic performance was very inconsistent. He was put into detention for late or no homework several times, and usually just passed end of year exams. However, Darren did well on the tests that really mattered, his NEWT’s and his OWL’s, eventually graduating as the top student in his year.

Adulthood:
    Whereas Jess became the head of the order, and Dae Diggory temporary minister, Darren’s post Hogwarts career never reached nearly the same level. He was first involved in the battle against Voldemort, but never took a major role as he was divided between the two sides. Afterwards, the ministry declared him a wanted death eater member. While his name was soon cleared, the damage had been done, it was unlikely he would ever rise in the ministry as an ex-death eater. So instead of pursuing his ambitious goals, Darren became quite reclusive during the following years, breaking off contact with his friends. He has left this phase now, and is now attempting to somehow achieve his goals.

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

YOUR NAME: Darren

RP EXPERIENCE: err.. 6 years?... christ. Neutral

HOW YOU FOUND US: I made it. xD
    Sort of.

OTHER CHARACTERS:

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: To ensure deliberate creation of character

RP SAMPLE:
    Yeah.. right.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Darren on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Darren Empty Re: Darren

Post by Howl Blishwick Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Might I suggest the name Ridicully? It's kind of like Riddle... and also, it's a wizard name. (And also, big Terry Pratchett fan over here)
Howl Blishwick
Howl Blishwick

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:36 pm

You know normally I would not accept a partly completed app, but since this is an update of an existing character that we already know well, I'm good with it.

I'll accept it as it is. And hopefully as we get you back on the boards, perhaps we can chip in to help you flesh out the changes that you're unsure about.

Just go post, for heaven's sake! i still want him to be an illegitimate son of Lorcan D'Eath. I have plotting thoughts there. Hee hee hee.

k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22558
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Terry Pratchet is awesome. Discworld! Smile
But Darren Ridicully sounds odd.. xD

Darren D'eath sounds good but I can hardly change Darren's plot, just his name.
Besides, there are way too many D'eaths already.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:00 am

no, no. not necessarily w/ the d'eath last name. he could have a different last name. lorcan is a womanizer with a bezillion illegitimate kids out there. so he could have any last name. but i do have purpose for an illegitimate son of lorcan's. muahahaha.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22558
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Howl Blishwick Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:24 am

Well, I guess it supposes what you want, then... Do you want a wizard-sounding name or an ordinary-sounding name? Some combination of both?

Here's some names I can come up with:

Caster, O'Gilt, Liddel, Blake, Wandissimo (I'm being silly),Bobbel, Chandall, Park, Kissinger, Malificar, Swishlett.... //>.>\\'.... Could be more... I imagine if I keep trying to come up with something, something will stick eventually... or you'll manipulate one of the names to suit your liking.
Howl Blishwick
Howl Blishwick

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 pm

I like Liddel the most of those ones. EDIT: Just realised why, a relation of mine has that surname...

Anyway. It's a good app, I do like the personality section the most - you made sure to check all the positives with negatives, so it seems as though he's a brilliant but flawed character.

Nice, I would quite like to see Darren and Jess back as friends again, I just think that the two of us would need to create a proper reason for them to RP together, other than just "We used to be best friends at Hogwarts, so we must get along now"

Should work on that... hmm
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:19 pm

LOOK, WENCH! If you don't even know who your playby is then I'll gladly take him off your hands!

...It's Gaspard Ulliel.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Dakota Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:16 pm

That just made my day partly.
Marcus Dakota
Marcus Dakota

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:14 am

Darren Liddel sounds quite nice Smile
But I settled on something different.

Still, this is all subject to change. I need a goooood surname for my character. Nothing fits quite like Riddle :/ But no hybrids is my rule (which no one follows) and I have to follow my rules at least.
So I will keep looking for a surname. But in the mean time, i have a mediocre one.

Khaat: hopefully I'll create plenty of characters, one of them could be Lorcan's son. This one though already has an established plot (his father is dead), and I don't want to change him at all.

Oh, and thanks for the help all Very Happy
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top