Sketching is always fun is but a good friend is better!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sketching is always fun is but a good friend is better! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sketching is always fun is but a good friend is better!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sketching is always fun is but a good friend is better! Empty Sketching is always fun is but a good friend is better!

Post by Lily D'Eath Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Dullness that what Lily saw as she stared up at the ceiling of the girls' dorm as she sat on her bed boredly. Yes, Lilian D'Eath was bored out of her mibd with nothing to do but stare at the plain white dull ceiling. As she lifted her head she shielded her eyes from the sunlight coming from the dorm window and smiled. Having a brillant idea in her mind she grabbed her sketch pad and ran out the girls dorm and out the Ravenclaw common towards the courtyard. Lily already drew the Great Lake, so today she was going to draw the courtyard today seeing how it was such a beautiful day.

As she fianlly entered the courtyard she took a seat on a bench and started sketching the courtyard scene in front of her. Lily loved drawing Hogwarts, almost as much as she loves sketching out clothes and desings layouts for D'Eath summer house that they spend the summer at. Smiling happily to herself Lily looked up from the scene around her and back down at her sketch pad focusing hard. Lily always focused hard one her drawings no matter what she was drawing. She believed one mistake could ruin the whole picture and she nevered liked redoing her work for she believed that if she made a mistake she could always redo it and make it better.

As the wind rustled through her hai she smiled and kept on drawing the courtyard in front of her. All you could hear is the fountain running behind her and the scratching of her pencil going against her sketch pad. But Lily didn't mind it, it helped her focus more on her drawing for she didn't like pack places when she drawed.
Lily D'Eath
Lily D'Eath
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Sketching is always fun is but a good friend is better! Empty Re: Sketching is always fun is but a good friend is better!

Post by Freyja Podmore Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:31 pm

This was horrible. It was probably one of the most boring days in the history of boring days. It had to be, there was no way around it. There was nothing to do, inside or outside of the castle. Even pranks couldn't be pulled now, because the castle seemed deprived of life for some odd reason. Well, whatever the reason, the seventeen year old girl by the name of Yumi Jay Zante, didn't like it. The castle was too barren, too boring for hwr taste and she wanted to find a way to bring it back to life somehow. The only question was...

How?

There was no way that she could bring this lifeless castle back to life. Besides she really did have better things to worry about, like her graduation for example. That was only a few months away and then she would be out of Hogwarts and in the real world. That was reason enough to make Yumi want to bring the castle back. She didn't want to remember her last few months at Hogwarts as the dead, lifeless, boring school. She wanted it to bring her good memories, memories she wouldn't be afraid to remember like most of those that were in her mind now.

The seventeen year old Slytherin sighed as she walked out of the Slytherin dungeon. She looked around and her eyea brightened slightly at the sight of a Hufflepuff boy in her year. A devious smirk ran across her mouth and she crept up behind him. A few inches away from the boy, Yumi pulled out her wand and said, "Aguamenti" softly. Her eyes flickered with a devious gleam in them as a small jet of water shot out of the tip of her wand and it soaked the boy's back. He jumped back startled and turned to face Yumi. But she had already began to run and he took off after her. Her laughter echoed in the halls, a light playful laugh that was somewhat flirty, not that she could help that. The boy chased her out into the courtyard, where he finally lost sight of her because she'd jumped up onto a tree branch that hid her from his view.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Sketching is always fun is but a good friend is better! Empty Re: Sketching is always fun is but a good friend is better!

Post by Lily D'Eath Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:59 pm

As a Hufflepuff boy ran into the courtyard Lily looked up from her drawing with a confused look on her face. "Are you ok?"Lily asked the Hufflepuff boy as he shook his head and told her a Slytherin girl swirted him with water and he was trying to find her. "Hm... well, I'm sure she has to be around here somewhere."
said Lily softly. "Here let me help."said Lily as she flicked his wand at his clothes as they dried off. "Thanks."said the hufflepuff boy. "No problem."said Lily as she pocketed her wand back into the inside pocket of her jacket.

As she must of sworn she seen a tree branch move she gotten up from her bench and gotten out her wand once again. "Who's there, if your that Slytherin girl you need to come out and apologize that was rather rude of what you did!"said Lily. That was one thing Lily never did was be mean to other students she guessed she gotten it from her she didn't know. Lilian maybe cold hearted at times but she was nevered did pranked anyone or hurt anyone. Lily thought it was rather stupid to do that, it doesn't get you anywhere in life beside in trouble.

Lily knew that some Slytherins could be rather mean at times to Hufflpeuffs for they call it the loser house or something. Lily didn't believe that was true for she had a little sister that was a Hufflepuff and not to mention all Lily siblings were from different houses. Lily treated all houses the same, there wasn't any house better then the other. Lily believed that all the houses had there different skill and ability which of course bravery, loyalty, cleverness and Cunning and Ambition. That what all the houses different and no matter what house you were sorted into everyone was the same.

Lily D'Eath
Lily D'Eath
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:28 am

The Hufflepuff boy was now talking to some Ravenclaw girl and Yumi watched the two talk about her from the tree. She shifted a bit and the girl seemed to notice since she was not calling for her. A small smirk replaced her wide one and she stared down at the two, curious of what they would do. The Hufflepuff boy seemed to be a bit uncomfortable with the help he was receiving from the Ravenclaw girl and that only made Yumi's smirk grow. She let out a soft giggle, slightly stiffled, something that only someone like a vampire or werewolf would hear and her eyes narrowed slightly.

The brunette locked her legs around the branch where she was, and she slung herself down, letting only her llegs hold her to the branch. "Oh lighten up." a soft voice called as she slung herself down. "I was only playing around. He doesn't mind it. Do you Michael?" she asked the boy and he shook his head. "You Ravenclaws need to loosen up and have some fun from time to time." she cooed softly as she extended her arms forward a bit. As if by instinct the boy came forward and grabbed her, she unhooked her legs from the tree and was set down gently by the Hufflepuff. "I do this sort of thing with him all the time." she smiled at Michael.

The only reason Michael didn't mind anything she did to him was because he was infatuated with her. He believed that by allowing her to do these things to him she would eventually pay attention to him, give him the attention he wanted. Of course he knew that she was already dating someone else but he still hadn't given up on having a chance with her. Yumi somewhat knew that he liked her, but she was oblivious to the fact that he was obsessed with her. She was just a girl who liked to have fun and prank most of the time, she hardly ever paid attention to things like that.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily D'Eath Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Lily glared at the girl as she told her to lightened up. "I am lightened up, I just think it's stupid of you Slytherins to pull prank on people!"said Lily honestly. "I think it's childish and stupid honestly were not kids anymore!"said Lily. Lily guessed that she didn't do any of this stuff for her father was very strict on them and always told them to stop acting childish and be more mature for she was a Pureblood and a D'Eath. Lily seen her around school and in classes as well for they were in the same year. Lily knew she was though she needed to lighten up some but she was drilled into her head to act mature at all times no matter what cause you never know who could be watching.

Lily looked at the boy and seen that he liked the girl but she didn't seem to be that interested in him that much. Hiding a smirk on her face she looked at the girl. "Oh so rude of me I'm Lilian, Lilian D'Eath but call me Lily cause Lilian sounds to serious."said Lily. "I'm sure you already know who I am, seeing how we have classes and everything togehter."said Lily simply. "Well... I guess I'll let you two get back to your playing or whatever it was you two were doing."said Lily as she walked back to the the bench she was sitting at. As she opened her sketch pad she continued picking off where she left off.

Lily wondered what her childhood would be like if she had friends to play with instead of being taught pureblood ways. Lily was glad she was so mature at times, but sometimes she just wished to be herself instead of the solder her father made her be. Her father was a very serious man, but she nevered disobeyed her father or disappointed him. She nevers want to do that for she was afraid of what would happened if she ever did. Shaking the thought out of her head Lily kept on drawing the courtyard in front of her as the wind rustled through her wavy brown hair.
Lily D'Eath
Lily D'Eath
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:07 am

Yumi pointed her finger at the girl and moved it back and forth. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now, now, you realize that pranking isn't only a Slytherin thing, don't you?" she asked the girl in a sort of teasing voice. She wasn't lying about that. There was always one of two people in each house that liked to prank others. Sure there were just a tad more of those prankster in Slytherin, but that didn't mean that the other houses didn't have any students like that.

"I know who you are. One of the famous D'Eaths, seems the lot of you are just running around wild in this school. Is having children your father's hobby or something?" she asked, more curious than teasingly. "I knew your sister, Alexis I believe her name is? She was a prankster too, if you didn't already know that. Which I'm sure you do. And a fine prankster she was in this school, among others. As is your younger sister, the Gryffindor. She enjoys pranking as well, though she only does it a few times." Yumi smirked at the girl. The brunette knew a lot about the pranksters of Hogwarts, or about most of them anyways.

The seventeen year old exchanges a glance with the Hufflepuff boy and she nodded in Lily's direction. The boy seemed to understand what Yumi was telling him to do without need for words and he walked up to the girl again. "Why don't you join us, instead of being here all alone? There won't be any pranks if you don't want there to be, since you don't like them." he told the girl. Yumi knew that was a promise that would be hard for her to keep, as pranking was basically her life. Or it had been for as long as she could remember.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily D'Eath Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Lily looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Yes I know, I'm not stupid you know."said Lilian in a annoyed voice voice this girl was really starting to make her mad. Lily had a very short temper and when someone set her off she was like a bomb that just exploded. "But there seems to be more pranksters in Slytherin then in any other house."said Lily simply. "I'm not against Slytherin for all my siblings are in different houses."said Lily softly but truely. Lily wasn't against any house, she beleived each house had something special about it no matter what.

Lily nodded. "Yes I know, there is quite a few of us running around Hogwarts."said Lily knowing that at lease three D'Eath were still in Hogwarts. She knew knew Alexis and Alistair were graduates but she seen them quite often. Lily looked at her with fire in her eyes as she talked about her father, that was something that really made Lily mad when people talked about her family. "I don't really think that's your concern of what my father does."said Lily calmly. Lily looked at her with fire still in her eyes. "I am aware of what my sisters do, besides I knew them all my life."said Lily once again calm. They might of done it, but they nevered done it front of their father that was for sure.

Lily looked up at the boy as he walked over towards her and asked to join them. "No thanks, I really want to finish this sketch."said Liliy softly. As Lily went back to her sketch she started drawing the fountain in front of her. "Besides, I don't think that we would get along much, we all seem to have our differences in alot of things."said Lily softly. Even her sister Alexis told her she needed to lighten up and have some fun for their father wasn't always around them. But it was hard for Lily though, it was drilled into her head and it was hard for her to get it out of her head seeinng how she she used to be so playful back then but her father got onto for it.
Lily D'Eath
Lily D'Eath
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 am

Yumi yawned and waved her hand passively as the girl seemed to be getting annoyed with her. She grinned and leaned against the Hufflepuff boy, seeming tired from doing nothing. She watched the girl talk to the.Hufflepuff boy after he walked up to her and she sighed. This girl was hard headed, as to be expected of a D'Eath. Although the less stubborn one she had seen so far was the recently graduated one, Alexis. Sure that girl was stubborn but not as much as the others, and Yumi looked up to that girl before. Now she had younger pranksters looking up to her and it made her feel somewhat happy.

"You really do need to lighten up." she said in a soft voice, as she walked toward the two. "There might be lots of differences between us, but that doesn't mean that there isn't at least one thing that we have in common." she explained. "For example, you like to draw and design things it seems." Yumi indicated to Lily's sketch pad. "I like to do the same. Drawing is pretty much the only real way I have to express myself, in a creative way. The only other thing I do is pull pranks, but I usually prefer to draw or paint." the seventeen year old stated truthfully.

"Now we got off on the wrong foot. Let me try again." the Slytherin girl said softly. "I'm Yumi Zante." she smiled gently at Lily. "It's nice to meet you." she extended her hand toward the girl and continued to smile. Some thought Slytherins were evil and rude, but that wasn't true, at least not for all of them. Some were civil and polite, or at least as polite as they would be allowed to be in front of those who weren't friends.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily D'Eath Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:59 pm

Lily looked up at the girl and closed her sketch pad and put it in her bookbag. "I'm Lilian, Lilian D'Eath but please call me Lily for short cause Lilian sounds so serious."said Lily softly. "I'm sorry I assumed rude and stuff, it's just alot of Slytherins are and when I seen you with the Hufflepuff boy well.. it sort of made me mad."said Lily honestly. "You Yumi, your right I do need to lighten up it's just my father drilled it into me that I need to act mature at all times for you never know who's watching."said Lily rolling her eyes. "So... you like to draw as well, I would like to see some of your drawings sometimes."said Lily softly. "Your more and welcome to see mine, there not that great."said Lily honestly.

Lily was told she was a great drawer and her designs she did were just awesome and alot of people loved them. Although, she was to modest to say that she was good at doing anything, for her older brother and ister always pretty much out shined her in everything. Not that she was jealous of them, it was just the truth at times. There was always something that each D'Eath was good at, weather it be drawing or something else the D'Eath's were a very talented wealthy family. Not that Lily cared about money that much, but apparently her father did.

((sorry it's short can't think of anything else to type!))
Lily D'Eath
Lily D'Eath
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Yumi smiled at the girl. "Alright, Lily." she said. Yumi shook her head slightly at her. "It's okay Lily. I don't blame you. Most of the students in my house are bad people. There aren't many who aren't like that, that don't like to cause harm to others." she sighed softly. She really count blame Lily for assuming bad things. Before she actually was like that. Having been in the Dark Followers for a while, she had taken part in some cruel things. But that was before, now she knew that what she did was wrong. And she would not do it again.

"Ugh, fathers..." Yumi muttered. While she was an orphan, Yumi technically knew what it was like to have a father. A terrible father, that is. A stupid, drunk, violent murderer. The man she was forced to call father was the same man who murdered her parents, while she watched. Yumi still didn't understand why James had taken her in after killing her parents. She always thought that he had something planned for her, hence her joining the DF's. He had put her in there for some reason, and he wasn't happy to learn that she had left. Yumi shook her head and sighed. "It's okay to act mature, but all the time is just way to much. You need to have fun. After all you are only seventeen or eighteen." she said.

Yumi nodded and smiled at Lily. "Yes I do. Drawing is like my passion." she said. Well It was the only thing that kept her sane while living with James. "I can show you them now, and I'll look at yours." she said. Yumi took out her wand and gave it a quick wave. A few moments after her sketchpad came flying toward her. She caught it and flipped through it quickly. "This is like my prized possession. I don't have much else." she sighed softly, handing the sketchpad carefully to Lily.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top