A Small Meet and Greet
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Small Meet and Greet Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Small Meet and Greet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Small Meet and Greet Empty A Small Meet and Greet

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Naomi had invited Alexis over to her house, since Felix was out and about. The girl needed some more guidance, Naomi thought, and their little home was a great place to get to one another. Of course, Naomi could not give Alexis an address- what if someone took Alexis hostage. Their base would be compromised. She had sent her a little gift. The moment she touched the small silver chain she had sent, it would turn into a portkey and transport Alexis right into Naomi’s kitchen.

Naomi looked at ease in her kitchen. No wild nature, no crazed look. Her hair had been pulled into a ponytail and she had light colored makeup on, no dark smears on her lips and eyelids. She wore loose fitting cargo pants and a grey t-shirt, sandals on her feet. She wanted to feel comfortable at home. She wanted to seem like a person, not a monster.

She finished cleaning the kitchen and put the tea on the stove, before directing the food to prepare itself- nothing much, really. Naomi had decided she and Alexis would chat over some herbal tea and finger sandwiches. She was sure the girl wouldn’t mind.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

A Small Meet and Greet Empty Re: A Small Meet and Greet

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:06 am

Alexis yawned softly as she made her way into the living room of her new house. Her father had purchased it for her and had given it to her as a graduation gift, though she hadn't occupied it until a few days ago. She hadn't wanted to leave the house where she grew up and where her entire family, excluding her older brother, still lived. Her father had given her time to get used to the idea of living on her own and had allowed her to continue to stay at his house until she was ready to leave. It didn't take her long to make the decision of when she would leave, all thanks to her sister who hated her now.

The girl was already dressed in a plain black tee-shirt and medium sized white skirt with black leggings and a pair of black flats. Naomi had invited her over to her house but she hadn't given her and address or anything amd she began to wonder how she was supposed to get there. There was a light knock on her door and when she went to see who it was all she found was a small box on her doorstep. Alexis picked the box up and glanced around looking to see who had left it there. Soon she closed the door again and took the box back to her living room. The girl looked at the box cautiously and slowly began to open it. Inside she found a small silver chain and she gazed at it for a moment, before she picked the small chain up.

Suddenly, after picking the chain up, she found herself in Naomi's kitchen and she gave a small gasp. So that was what the chain was for, to get her to the house. She put the chain back in the small box and slightly smiled at the girl in front of her. "Hello Naomi." Alexis greeted her softly.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 570

http://simplekhroleplay.guildmmorpg.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:18 pm

The tea had just whistled and Naomi had been in the process of pouring herself a cup when she heard the telltale sounds of a portkey arriving. She smiled to herself and said, "Hello, Alexis." The girl greeted her back and, still without turning or looking at her, said, "Have a seat, won't you? Would you like a cup of tea. It's hot." She poured Alexis a cup anyway and turned.

She walked over to the table and set down the tea on a saucer before Alexis and then the other at her own place at the table. She waved her wand and the finger sandwiches levitated over to the middle of the table, where it settled. Naomi carefully settled into her place, wrapping her delicate fingers around her cup, her ring clicking against the porcelein.

"Please, help yourself. I had time so I made more than I had originally intended. Felix doesn't eat much of my 'refined' food." She smiled, raising the cup to her slips and slowly drawing in some of the sweet liquid. She grinned and her eyes clsoed while her body shivered slightly, to dispaly her pleasure. "Hate to brag, but I make a mean cup of tea."

She supposed that was enough ettiquette for now. She sighed and leaned back a little, brushing her bangs out of her eyes. "I had thought we had lost touch, for a moment there," she said to Alexis. "I've been wondering how you have been lately."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Alexis smiled at Naomi and sat down at the table. She had just been about to answer her when she noticed that Naomi had poured her a cup of tea already and she sighed softly. "Thank you." Alexis said softly. She looked down at the cup in front of her for a moment before picking it up and bringing it to her lips. Her eyes followed the sandwiches as they landed in the middle of the table.

The girl reached over and slowly grabbed one of the finger sandwiches as she smiled at Naomi again. "Oh, how have you and Felix been?" she asked at the mention of his name. She took a small note of the sandwich in her hand and set it down. "The tea is quite good." Alexis laughed softly at her comment. She lifted the cup to her lips again and took another sip of the tea.

Alexis shook her head slightly. "Well it is obvious that we have not." she stated. "And the last thing I would wanr to do is lose contact with the pack leader." the girl said respectfully. Even though she hadn't spoken to her in a while, Alexis still remembered her place in Naomi's pack. "I've been doing well however. I've finally moved out of my father's house into the one he gave me as a graduation gift a while ago." Alexis explained. "I'm also the owner of a cafe in Diagon Alley now." she added softly, as she took another sip of the tea.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:26 am

The girl thanked her for her tea and Naomi smiled. It was sort of funny to think that Naomi Barker-Greyback- werewolf, Death Eater, fiancee to a serial killer, and killer herself- could be pleased to hear someone thank her for the tea she had prepared for them. It was so inconceivable, and here she was, sincerely happy that Alexis seemed to like the tea.

Alexis asked about Felix and Naomi blinked, before fixing a smile on her face. "He's a darling, and I often miss him when he is away." Too bad he was away all the time, leaving her only with her feelings of missing her. Meanwhile, one of her packmates was trying to win her over, and she almost felt forgotten by her own fiancee. But no one needed to know her domestic problems. Besides, she did not plan to let them be problems for long.

Naomi felt her smile curl slightly and she dipped her head. "Indeed, we have not. We have not." The girl was smart. So refreshing. She went on to tell of her life, which Naomi wanted to fully analyze to check the status of her packmate. "That is wonderful news, Alexis. Freedom is the sweetest taste of all to youth. Don't let the flavor run cold."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:56 am

Alexis smiled and nodded at what Naomi said. "Oh and is he away often?" she asked. "I'm sorry I don't mean to pry." the girl added quickly and chuckled a bit. Alexis figured that Naomi would not want to talk about her personal problems with her. But sometimes her comments just came out and she was often embarrassed by whatever she said. It was a problem she had to fix.

Though she couldn't help but feel that Felix was away often and that must not make Naomi feel good. She began to wonder how she could help her, if there even was a way to do that. "Of course, you're welcome to come by my shop anytime you like." Alexis said smiling at her. "If you ever get too lonely when Felix is away." she added softly the smile still on her lips. That was the only thing she could think of to help, it probably wouldn't be much, but she wanted to help.

"Yes, it is. Now that I've moved out, I guess you could say that I've began to breath better." she stated. "It was hard living under the same roof with a sister that basically hates me now." she sighed. Just to keep herself from saying anything else that she thought wouldn't interest Naomi, Alexis brought the cup of tea back to her lips and took another sip.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Naomi hated thinking about the long absence she faced with Felix. With the way things had gone down with the Ministry, Felix had had no chance but to run. But how could Naomi go too? He had personal dealings and she had the pack, and they would risk losing the house or it being discovered and... and... They had had no choice but to part for the meantime. But if anyone asked, he was 'out and about.'

At Alexis' question, Naomi nodded. "Yes, he is a busy, busy man with a full schedule and a lot of demands." Alexis apologized, rightfully, but Naomi smiled graciously, though there was a strange spark in her eye. "No, no, it's quite alright. Curiosity in and of itself is not a sin. My fiancee is of great interest to many people, and I like to treat my pack like family."

Alexis offered for Naomi to visit her in her shop and Naomi took a small sip of tea. "That would be splendid. I shall try that soon." Alexis continued on with the goings on of her own life and Naomi ate a finger sandwich, paying attention with light interest. "Ah, family," Naomi said, almost whimsically. No one knew of her own issues there, not even Felix. But there was some she could disclose. "I, too, have a less than amicable relationship with a sibling. I understand."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Alexis thought about the problem she had with her sister. She still didn't understand why Damitrius thought it was so bad that she was a werewolf. She hadn't changed that much, maybe not at all. The only difference was that now she had to transform every month and she wasn't a vampire anymore. But that didn't mean that she was a completely different person. She was still the same Alexis that she knew and loved. But apparently, the younger D'Eath didn't believe that was the case anymore. She saw Alexis as nothing more than a monster that took the form of her sister.

"But, I assume that your problem with your sibling isn't about being a werewolf." Alexis sighed softly. "The problem with my sister, is that she sees me as a monster now. One that could kill her at any moment." she needed to find a way to show Damitrius that she wasn't any different. But it would be hard since the girl didn't even want to be near her anymore. It actually made Alexis very sad to thinly that they would probably never be close again.

The girl looked at the cup of tea in front of her for a long moment, before taking another sip from it. She didn't care what she was, she was just happy that she was alive. Alexis wished her sister would feel the same, she should just be happy that after she was attacked she was still alive. Kyle could have easily killed her, but he hadn't.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:31 pm

At Alexis' words, Naomi could not keep the knowing grin off her face. "Well, no, I suppose not." It sunk in for a moment though. Sure, Ariel was a werewolf too, but they did disagree on werewolf business. He was such a little puppy, there was no threat in him- and yet, he was the one inheriting their father's pack and reign as head Greyback. They had their dogfights, yes.

"Well, no and yes," she amended her previous statement. She offered a little explanation by saying, "It complicates things when both siblings are werewolves. Makes family reunions a blast, though." She honestly could not imagine a full Greyback get together. Surely, it would be a blood bath.

Alexis continued on explaining and Naomi nodded, nibbling at another finger sandwich. After wards, she blinked and set down her tea. "Listen to me Alexis. You are stronger than most people out there now. You can not regret or be ashamed of power. It might have drawbacks but you could do damn near anything you wanted to do. Where is the shame in that?" Her voice had become low and dangerous. This was not the voice of a sane woman.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top