There's only one way to learn from the best
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

There's only one way to learn from the best Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

There's only one way to learn from the best

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There's only one way to learn from the best Empty There's only one way to learn from the best

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:59 am

Silvyr had sent his owl to a wizard that he had only heard stories about throughout his young life. He knew now that he had a means to meeting a wizard of such stature and he wasn't going to pass the opportunity up. He had sent an owl out from Number 12 Grimmauld place while he was there and he hoped it had delivered the letter to the man he had intended it to.

Silvyr sat in an old muggle bar located in a small town north of London. He had written Kingsley a few days ago and had been expecting any day now. He wasn't sure if he would show to a random name but he had added his qualification of being an order member. He knew the chances of him showing were still slim to none.

The only reason he had asked for the wizards time was for teaching purposes. He knew that to become stronger he would need to train with a wizard who was higher quilified than Jess or Ne'os themselves. He needed a man who looked past labels and saw the world for the way it was. A man who looked at the world in the way Silvyr had for years since leaving Hogwarts. Silvyr didn't like the idea of being rusty when the time came to protect himself or other Order members in the near future.

Silvyr sat in a back corner of the bar, reading his journal as he had found himself doing more and more ever since finding it. Dumbledore's knowledge was intoxicating. He's curiosity fed his body through nights without sleep. He wanted to protect the ones he loved more than anything. He wouldn't let weakness be an excuse. There were no excuses when you were dead.

His eyes scanned the bar again rapidly looking for Kingsley. He would need to be observant to notice the man he had never scene before in person.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

There's only one way to learn from the best Empty Re: There's only one way to learn from the best

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:35 pm

It wasn't often that Kingsley received a message nowadays. Currently, he was wanted by the ministry and few outside the order knew where he actually lived. So when an owl flew through his window, Shacklebolt guessed it was a letter from Jess Potter and went to take the letter from the owl. Opening it, he found it was not from Jess, but someone else.

"Silvyr Svan," Kingsley muttered to himself, trying to remember if he had heard that name before. The man mentioned in the letter that he was an order member, but Kingsley had never heard the name before, and it wasn't a name you would forget easily. This meant that either the man was a new order member, or he was lying and wasn't part of the organization at all. Kingsley looked back to the letter and reread it. An invitation for some coffee? Innocent enough, but it could be a trap by the death eaters or Grindelwald. An unlikely event, but Kingsley was always careful to think of all possibilities. Some people called him paranoid, well most did actually, but people often confused caution with paranoia.

But what the hell, Kingsley thought, and went to put on his muggle clothes. If Silvyr was an order member like he said, then he could give him information that Kingsley badly needed after being out of the loop for over a month. If he wasn't and this was some trap by the ministry, then Kingsley could get out easy enough. Leaving the hotel in London, he took out the letter again and apparated to the location.

While Kingsley doubted the ministry was capable of capturing him, you could never be too careful. Kingsley had therefore shaved off his beard that he had been keeping for a while, and used some magic to change some other parts of his facial features. Now, while I wasn't completely unrecognizable, he certainly looked different then the wanted man on the covers of the daily prophet, and this was far better then resorting to the foul tasting polyjuice potion.

Finding the bar, Kingsley slowly entered and glanced around quickly. While Kingsley was no Sherlock Holmes, he was quite good at catching the small details. The man in the corner, he noticed, was alone, and though he was reading a book, he was clearly looking for someone as well. Casually, Kingsley walked over. "Silvyr Svan?"
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

There's only one way to learn from the best Empty Re: There's only one way to learn from the best

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Silvyr's eyes lingered on his journal, allowing him to lose himself in his notes before he had remembered to look up again. Spell creation was his only escape from his personal life work and the new demands of the Order.

"Spell creation is still work for Aaron now days." He noticed a man, older, clean shaven walking through the bar heading his way. He was an older man, though still full of life and charisma. The way he walked gave him away, the tell that Silvyr picked up on. He was looking at the strongest known wizard in the world.

He heard his name and any doubts he had were quickly eradicated. He stood extending his hand to the older Wizard as he offered him a seat. "Yes. You must be Kingsley Shacklebolt. Please join me if you will." Speaking as he sat back down in his seat. He was honored to be in the presence of the man he had only heard stories of. The stories were a bit vague these days but that didn't stop old witches and wizards from telling in bars. Even with him being hunted by the ministry.

He started the conversation again as it was only polite for him to explain himself to the old man. "I'm sorry if my letter has put you in any harms way. But can I first start off by saying thank you. As you know my name is Silvyr Svan and this is my only and most trusted friend Leah." As he spoke her name, he patted her on the head. "I have asked you to meet me here because I have been eager to train with a knowledgeable and experienced wizard such as yourself. I am a young new face in the Order, and I'm not looking to stick my neck out just to have it chopped off in the first battle we come to. And in these days, with Grindelwald in power, it seems that battles are going to be inevitable. Please don't take me the wrong way. I am a skilled dual-est and skilled in the works of spells, but I also understand that the wizards I we will be going against are much stronger than I am. So I am asking for your help to level out my odds against the ruthless wizards that work for Grindelwald." His mouth finally caught up to his mind and he became silent.

He had just asked a lot from the wizard who only knew his name. But in these times his ally's were all he had to rely on. His hands were tied and he knew it. He had trained as much as he could and he had come to a stand still in his growing process. He craved to learn more and he knew that this man was one of the best wizards, alive, he could find to learn from.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 am

Kingsley nodded and moved forwards to take a seat, then stopped suddenly as he noticed the wolf next to Silvyr. How had he not noticed that before? A pet wolf wasn't exactly common. "She's beautiful," he complimented with a smile, looking back into her eyes which were fixed on him as he said so.

Taking a seat, Kingsley remained quiet as he heard the man's proposal. While doing so, he also looked closer at Silvyr. He was young, perhaps a recent graduate, Kingsley guessed. But he seemed, just like a few other young order members Kingsley had noted, to be far beyond his years. Otherwise he seemed respectful and yet slightly awkward and shy. Kingsley decided that he approved of him.

As for his offer, Kingsley was inclined to accept. He had been given awfully little to do in their operations from Jess so far, so training the young order members to make sure they weren't killed was probably the least he could do. "Thats smart, your thinking ahead of time," Kingsley said approvingly. Silvyr was right, battles were a certainty in the future, and it was important for all order members to be ready. He remembered Vincent Majere, and even he had lost the battle against him in the headmasters tower. Not to mention Sandra or Zada, all dangerous and ruthless. "To tell you the truth, I myself am a bit rusty. But perhaps in training you I will recover some of my old skills," he added thoughtfully. Besides, Silvyr seemed like a promising young individual who could be a great asset for the order when the time came. "So my answer is yes, I will be happy to train you. After all, we all need to be prepared. Twice a week then, at Grimmauld Place perhaps? No other place is quite as safe right now." he proposed.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:23 am

Silvyr enjoyed the compliments from the wizard sitting in front of him. I times such as this in the past, Silvyr found himself nodding politely and saying the usual trying not to offend the person who had been gracious enough to extend it his way. Though deep down he had never cared for their compliments. He found them almost insulting in a strange way. The wizard or witch had been insulting themselves in his eyes. He was born with only one advantage compared to other wizards. A whole family that loved him. Everything else he had in his life he earned. His magical skill, his Animagi, his Occlumency, his power considering his age, and his place in the Order all came from hard work. Countless hours of studying and practice. The only thing that set him apart from the people who had complemented him was discipline.

For the the first time since the Head Master at Hogwarts had complimented him in his third year and again at graduation had he accepted a complement wholeheartedly. He kept his mind clear and focused as he listened to Shacklebolt's reasons for accepting the task of training him.

Kingsley's thoughts matched his on the need for preparation. He nodded and found joy in the thought that he would be helping the old wizard as much as the wizard was helping him.

When the date and setting was set Silvyr spoke to acknowledge him again. "That sounds perfect. I didn't know if we would find the room we will be needing in the safe house, but then again I'm sure that is but one of the fields in the Order I know nothing about. And I would be willing to say that you're right about it being the safest place. Possibly the safest place in the world right about now for you." He said with a smile as he extended his hand again to shake Kingsley's.

"With that being said I fear that lingering in an unknown pub would be ill advised and poor judgment on our part. I will meet you on Tuesday to begin our first session. I'm looking forward to it." He finished speaking again as he stood placing his journal in a pocket on the inside of his vest before putting his long pea coat on over his dressy attire. He motioned for Leah to come and he smiled one last time at the wizard he thought of in such high regards before moving towards the front door and exiting the pub only to find himself in a blizzard that was consuming every visible thing outside.

He would wait until there was no possibility for Kingsley to see him in his Animagus form. He waited until he was a few blocks away from the old pub before morphing.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top