Power is intoxicating
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Power is intoxicating Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Power is intoxicating

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Power is intoxicating Empty Power is intoxicating

Post by Silvyr Svan Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:24 pm

An eagle soared through the night sky as it passed through the clouds. Moon light illuminating the owls silhouette. the moons strong light pieced through the empty spaces in the black night sky. The owl dove into a free fall as it had reached it's destination.....

Silvyr sat next to the woods line with Leah by his side. He was waiting for someone. Blonde and slender, she was someone who he would see coming from a mile away. He hadn't wanted to draw attention to himself in Hogsmeade having been their for the past two days, so his hands were tired. He was forced to meet in a place such as this.

He knew that most pure bloods walked with their noise held high and mind set on one thing. Advancing their long standing family name. It would lead her right to him, even if the stories of the Shrieking Shack forced her to think twice.

He thought no more or less of the people of the wizarding world. Everyone wanted to advance their life. Either for family or personal pride.

He looked out at the old run down house once more and then looked down at Leah who was sitting next to him patiently and healthy. He knew that she wouldn't move till he did. He was glad to have her back.

Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Power is intoxicating Empty Re: Power is intoxicating

Post by Mira Anderson Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:02 am

Mira had been waiting for the next Hogsmede trip eagerly. It was a funny thing - when she had the option to leave the castle freely she had no desire to but when those permissions had been revoked she instantly wanted nothing more than to leave. In some ways she felt trapped by the ancient stone walls, holding her in the same building as Krum. He was everywhere in that castle and it was leaving Mira feeling tired, confused, and frustrated. The promise of new surroundings had been more than enough to prompt Mira into signing up for the next trip. When she was younger Hogsmede had been a magical place full of mysteries to be explored. Now it was nothing more than an old, boring town that had been visited a thousand times before. Honeydukes no longer made her mouth water, Zonkos tricks were nothing new, and the Three Broomsticks was always full with the same people. 

When Mira had arrived she wasn't sure why, but she felt a slight urging to visit the Shrieking Shack. The ghost stories didn't bother her.. If Alice hadn't yet appeared after so many years nothing could possibly haunt Mira. Sometimes the blonde wondered what life would be like if her sister were still alive. She had a feeling the world would be a happier place. As memories of Alice threatened to close in, the shack came into view. Yup, just as beautiful and homey as last time I saw it. Mira thought. 

Then she realized, the last time she had been here was last year. She had almost killed Sophia Lestrange in this very spot. Their verbal spat over The Bulgarian has turned very quickly into a duel. Mira had come off the better end and and run quickly, terrified she had killed someone. Later she found out Lestrange was fine just badly shaken up. Hopefully this time the place would have better karma for her. So lost in thought, Mira didn't even see the man that was there, waiting for her. She just continued to walk down the path until she reached the outer fence, where she leaned her arms and stared over the grounds of the house. 

You could easily argue that Mira Anderson had an easy life. But recently her mum had found out about the giant tattoo across her entire back and had screamed about it for hours. Her best friend, Athena Goyle, hadn't wanted much to do with her lately so she felt more alone than ever. And Krum. Elijah Nathaniel Krum. He haunted her like the dampness in the air after a long grey rain. She knew she loved him but could not bring herself to go to him and beg on her knees for him to take her back. Her pride held her back and made her wait for the knock on the door that would never come. She had lost him once and for all due to her own stupidity and ignorance. Her anger at life had faded, leaving the harsh reality that she would be in regret her entire life. This house was a little like Mira. It was once beautiful but was now crumbling into despair.  
Mira Anderson

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:41 am

Silvyr's ears perked up when he saw the young girl come into view as she approached the fence that surrounded the house. He began his walk to the house, Leah caught up to him quickly and joined him by his side.

They approached the young woman from behind where she was still leaning on the fence peering at the old house. Before she had noticed their arrival he morphed back into his human form, addressing her when he was fully transformed. "The house will make a good place to talk." He said with a business tone. He turned towards the house as Leah and the girl followed closely behind. He had no intention of speaking before entering the old abandoned house.

The door creaked open as he pushed on it gently, seemingly beckoning them inside to it's haunted rooms. He stopped in the old dining room and motioned for the girl to take her seat. He had noticed her enticing beautiful features, though he had no intentions of acting on those impulses.

He pulled out his wand and began creating a shield to keep their conversation private from anyone else who might be around.

When he finished he sat and addressed the girl again. "I'm glad to see you made it." he said. Speaking truthfully. "I am Silvyr Svan, and this is Leah." Continuing while hoping to break the ice for their meeting. The last meeting had gone wrong, rather fast, and he was going to make sure that he did not make the same mistakes again.

Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Anderson Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:53 am

The man behind her spoke and Mira couldn't help but jump a bit. As soon as she looked at him she recognized him from the new years bash. They had been stuck on the roof together with Amelia. Without another word he headed off towards the house. Clearly he expected her to follow him, all alone, into an abandoned house. It was quite possibly one of the strangest encounters she had ever had. Out of nothing but her own curiosity Mira obliged him and followed him down the path to the house. She had a nasty feeling in her gut that she was about to be attacked or something. Plenty of people wanted her gone she was sure after some of the things she had done in her life. 

They entered the house and it was just like she had always pictured it. Dusty, cobwebby, and generally disgusting. Wrinkling her nose slightly in distaste she had down at the table. Mira might have been dainty and blonde but she still had full confidence that she could break his nose in one punch if it came to that. No wand needed. For a second Mira caught his eyes wander across her body and a tiny smirk formed. Whoever said beauty wasn't everything was kidding themselves. Beauty was the key to money, power, and success. Mira had learned that lesson long ago. She had always watched her mother and her friends, she could hear how they talked about those less fortunate. Her mother always boasted about having two children who's looks were looking to be promising. Her exactly words had been "Yes both my girls are going to be absolutely gorgeous someday. Alice already light up and room when she walks in. And Mira has.. good skin." After that Mira had started finding herself growing more beautiful by the day. And when she had stopped growing she had started enhancing her looks even farther if the help of magic. A boy had once called her a modern day Helen of Troy. Mira had replied that that wasn't nearly good enough.

Mira nodded her head to recognize his greeting. "I know. We met on new years eve remember? I'm Mira Anderson. And pardon my ignorance but I didn't realize we were meant to be meeting." That much was true. Mira was genuinely confused to why she had been brought here and what they were meeting about. Was he from the ministry to ask her about the bridge jumping incident. Mira never had heard as to whether any muffles had been them or not. Mira crossed her legs daintily and ran a hand through her pale hair. She was uncomfortable being here alone with his almost stranger and wanted to leave as soon as would be polite.  
Mira Anderson

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:51 pm

The girls questions were not what he had expected. Questions of his own began to fill his mind. "Great, my owl decided to find another Mira. But who did it take the letter to? And why did she come to the shrieking shack if she hadn't gotten her letter?"

He looked at Leah for a second and then back at the girl. "Didn't you get my letter? I know it was vague but I thought I made my intentions clear." He remained cool as he spoke. He had hit speed bumps in these conversations before. This wouldn't prove to be a problem for him.

He went on without worrying about the girls confusion. He would clear that up quickly. "After our meeting on the roof I decided to pursue you as a future alley and working partner. If you do like what I'm offering, which I will explain shortly, then you will have a chance to advance your life greatly. And if you join me then you will have to decide which side of the deal you choose to except. It all depends on what you prefer, but we will go over those options soon enough. So do not worry about that. You will know everything shortly." he said reassuringly.

The girl sitting before him would know everything. Or close enough to everything that he would tell. Somethings were better left for time to explain. He had a feeling course through his body that he had felt before in these conversations. He recognized her subtle looks that would turn any other man to dough in her hands. She loved the power that she held on most people through her beauty. Silvyr took one thing from this. She loves power. The thought allowing him to relax in the circumstances. He was about to make her an offer she would be foolish to refuse.

He went on, "I am just one of many who are working to bring the wizarding world together finally. You and I both know that Power is not just something in the mind. It is a possession, and a valuable one at that. We are working towards equality but those who have seen equality first hand know that there are always those that people look up to. It is not that these people have asked for the power but they are given it none the less. When this knew world has risen, who do you wish to be? Someone who is looking up to us, or looking down on the countless who would die to be you?" He said knowing that he was speaking to her heart directly from the look on her face.

"If you join us you will be given the possibility to unite the world in a way that has never been achieved. Think of it. People working together for the good of mankind while focusing on far more import things. There will be no more worries of tyrants trying to take the power that was never rightfully there's to begin with. The people will have the power to collectively strike them down before they have caused any harm. The power they will be giving away is to the people they respect and love. Though power will always be power no matter how you look at it." He said as he continued to stair into the woman's eyes. Fierce and cunning as his own.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum