Harry and Draco: Secrets Untold
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Harry and Draco: Secrets Untold Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Harry and Draco: Secrets Untold

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harry and Draco: Secrets Untold Empty Harry and Draco: Secrets Untold

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:05 am

If you are against homosexuality, don't read. If you are under 18, please leave, unless you are ok with reading slight profanity (nothing sexual! just curse words.) If you are interested in a completely random, funny fan-fiction about two enimies who fall madly deeply in love, be my guest Very Happy

Otherwise, this is going to be like a romance fic. I'm tired of trying to write J.Ks characters, no one else knows them but her. So I'm going to give 'em a kick! Haha, well I hope you enjoy it. I'll probably update this regularly, considering so far I've enjoyed writing it.

Harry sat in the windowsill of the Gryffindor boys dormitory, looking over the dark grounds of Hogwarts. Rain was relentlessly bashing against the windows, mirroring Harrys mood. There was a light on in Hagrids cabbin, and smoke coming out of the chimney. Harry thought reminesently of the days that visits to his good friend Hagrid had cheered him up. The year befor, when Harry was competing in the Triwizard Tournament, Hagrid had given him all the courage he needed, as he was usually able to do. How Harry wished for the days when a cup of tea, and horribly cooked cakes could give him hope.
These days Harry was usually alone, sulking in empty corridors, eating alone at the Gryffinor table in the great hall, or sitting in the library far away from where any one would bother him. His two best mates, Hermione, and Ron had been cold-shouldered by him so many times that they gave up on trying to talk to him. Neither would understand, for they had each other.
Harry thought jelously of how Ron and Hermione were always together. They tried to hide their affection, but Harry had known for years that they fancied each other. Images kept coming into his mind, ones that he had tried to shut away countless times, since the first time he met to person he longed for.
Their meeting in Diagon Alley was a blur, Harry hadn't even really talked to him then. No, he considered the first time that he met the man of his dreams to be the moment on the Express, when Draco Malfoy walked into his compartment. His slick white-blonde hair, perfectly groomed. Broad shoulders, and a prominant chin...
"Stop!" said Harry alloud to himself, and burried his face in his knees, which were drawn up to his chest. "I won't think about him..." he whispered. Suddenly he stood up, and crossed the room in long strides, opening the door that lead to the common room. He rushed down the stairs, and to the painting on the wall that concealed the bathroom. Tickling the dogs ear, the spot that normaly opened the door, he waited for the entrance to appear. When it didn't, Harry figured that the door was aggitated, as it some times was, and proceded to go to the loo just around the corner of the Gryffindoor common room.
After he had stepped out of the portrait hole, the fat lady stopped him.
"Where do you think you are going at this hour, Mr. Potter?" she said, looking down at him.
Harry shuffled his feet, trying not to let his face show, "I-I.. the bathroom won't open, so I'm going to the one out here. I won't be long." he stammered.
The fat lady was quiete for a moment, then decided she believed him, "Well allright, just don't be to long. I like to sleep too you know."
Nodding appriciatively, Harry ran down the corridor and into the boys bathroom. He stood in front of the sink, and splashed cold water onto his face, concealing the tears that had fallen. After standing around for a few moments, trying to shake the feeling of emptyness, he remembered what the fat lady had said, and headed back to his common room.
As Harry was pushing open the door, he heard footsteps coming around the corner. Cursing himself for not bringing his invisibility cloak he quickly stepped back inside the bathroom, and waited for the foorsteps to pass. Once he felt it was safe, he pushed the door back open and stepped into the hall.
"I thought I saw that door open." said the very voice Harry had been longing to hear. "I think that'll be... say 20 points from Gryffindor, for being out of bed after hours." Draco came around the corner he had been hiding behind and came close to Harry, his hand resting inside his robe, presumably on his wand.
Instinctivy, Harrys hand rose to his, "Get off it Malfoy, I had to use the loo."
It was odd, Harry thought, that Draco was roaming the school at night alone. His usual cronies, Crabbe and Goyle were always right behind him, waiting to do Dracos bidding.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Harry and Draco: Secrets Untold Empty Re: Harry and Draco: Secrets Untold

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:55 am

I'm not going to update the Albus fic, so I used the same thread...

This post is... a "bumper", if you will Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:46 pm

"Wheres your backup Malfoy?" jeered Harry, his hand still resting on his wand, "I thought you didn't go anywhere without Crabbe or Goyle to help you out of things you can't-"
Draco cut him off by brandishing his wand. Flying backwards, Harry thought fleetingly that Draco must have accomplished nonverbal spells.
"Expell-" Harry tried to cast, but again he was hit in the stomach by a spell that made him double over in pain. Draco looked at Harry with an amused look on his face, while he folded his hands behind his back and started coming closer to where Harry stood, red-faced and sweating.
"You know Potter, you really should start paying attention in class. I think that'll be another five points from Gryffindor for dueling in the corridors, so how much is that?" he paused and smirked, "Twenty five? I'd get back in bed Potter, befor you run into another prefect."
Turning on his heel, Draco struted back down the corridor. Befor he turned the corner he paused, flicked his wand behind his back taking the spell of Harry, and continued, dissapearing with the swish of his cload.
Feeling the horrible clenching in his stomach wear off, Harry knelt on the ground panting. He probably should have been paying more attention in class, if they were learing those kind of spells. But Harry doubted that whatever spell or hex Draco just used, he hadn't learned in class.
"Bloody death eater." he murmered, and walked slowly back to the Gryffindor common room.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:20 am

After his run in with Draco, Harry became even more apathetic than he had been. During morning Herbology with the Ravenclaws, he had dropped several puffapods which made them bloom flowers. Harry hadn't even been paying attention when Professor Sprout had been explaining what the puffapods were needed for.
He had gone through the whole day in the same mood, casting the wrong incantations, and the worst incident, when his couldron exploded in potions.
Harry was studying in the library because he couldn't sleep, with his invisinilty cloak laying on the ground, where it had fell of. His potions book was open infront of him, but Harry wasn't reading. The potion he made in the dungeons was cleared away by Snape without being graded, and this time Harry wasn't even angry. He couldn't even remember now what he was adding to the potion, and what he should have been.
Doodling absentmindedly on the parchment he was supposed to be writing an essay on, Harry didn't notice the pair of eyes that were studying him from behind a bookcase untill a book dropped, catching his attention.
Cursing himself again, for not having his invisibility cloak on him Harry froze, and waited for whomever it was to reveal himself.
From behind the book cases, came the voice Harry was longing, yet dreading to hear.
"Out after hours again Potter? Are you planning on taking away all the points your house has got?" sneered Draco, his arms crossed in front of his chest.
Harry stood up and drew his wand, ready this time, "And so are you, prat."
Draco smirked, but befor he retorted his eyes were drawn to the name Harry had been drawing. He snatched the peice of parchment befor Harry noticed that he had seen it.
Harrys heart sank into his knees, which was what presumed was making it almost impossible to stand. Dracos face was unreadable, but he certainly wasn't wearing that awful smug smirk anymore.
Not knowing what to say, Harry hurridly picked his invisibility cloak up off the ground and threw it into his bad, along with his potions book. Taking one last glance at Draco, who was now looking dumbfounded, he started to the door. Befor he got there however, he was grabbed by the shoulder. Turning around Harry saw Draco standing befor him with the same flabberghasted look upon his face, the parchment with his own name drawn across it several times was no longer in his hand.
"I-" Draco stammered.
Harry shook Malfoys hand off of him, and bolted to the door, leaving Draco standing alone, and looking quite confused.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:28 am

When Harry got back to the common room, he sat down on one of the seemingly empty arm chairs by the fire, causing a very upset Crookshanks to hiss and bolt up the the girls dormitory.
Panting from running all the way from the library without stopping to catch his breath, Harry lay his head in his hands, thinking of what an idiot he must look like to Draco.
He heard foot steps coming down the stairs that lead to the boys dormitory. Quickly wiping his face, he turned around and saw Ron standing at the foot of the stairs.
"Oh, Harry... its you." Ron said, looking down to his feet.
Harry felt ashamed, for what had to be the hundredth time for how he had been treating his best friend.
"Hey Ron... err.. I was just about to go to bed." said Harry, standing up and stretching.
Ron shuffled his feet, looking like he wanted to say something, "Oh.. well allright. Did you get that essay done?" pausing he looked up at Harry, "Snape is such a git you know... that was completly unfair."
Harry gave a fake laugh, "No.. no, I completely messed that potion up. I'm almost done with the make-up work though, so I might pass the grade."
Ron looked somewhat shocked at Harrys lack of enthusiams to bash Snape, but didn't say anything, instead his face turned rather red as he said, "Listen I er.. I thought I heard you talking last night -"
Anger flared through Harry. He walked strait past Ron without another word and lay down on his four poster bed without even getting undressed. He laid in bed for a while befor he heard Ron come back into the dormitory, but pretended to be asleep.
Harry didn't know why he had gotten so angry, he mostly just didn't want to re-live what had just happened in the library again, and thinking about Draco would surely make him.
That night Harry had awakened many times, due to terrifying dreams of being captured by sea creatures, twisted forums of the merepeople who lived in the great lake.
He awoke the next morning tired, and annoyed for there was a rapping at the window beside his bed. Putting his glasses on, he stretched and stood up, seeing Hedwig sitting on the out side windowsill, her beak empty.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:15 am

He opened the window, letting his snowy white owl in.
"You couldn't go straight to the owlery?" Harry said through a yawn, stroking her head. He felt somewhat guilty, having been ignoring Hedwig along with Ron and Hermione. Remembering what Ron had said to him last night, Harry changed his clothes, called Hedwig to him and headed out for the owlery.
He met no one in the corridors, to his relief. He was sure that by now half the school had seen the parchment with Draco and his own name drawn all over it. The story of what had happned in the lirbrary spread from student through student, probably getting more obscene every time. Harry could just imagine walking into the great hall for breakfast, and decided he could do without it.
He walked through the doorway to the owlery, and after affectionatley pecking Harrys face, Hedwig flew up to one of the tallest raptors and burried her head under one of her wings.
Harry walked over to one of the open windows, and looked over the grounds. Again, there was smoke coming from Hagrids chimney. Thinking he might join Hagrid for breakfast, instead of not eating at all that morning, he took one last sweeping glane of the vast Hogwarts grounds and turned to leave.
Taking his time on his way through the castle, Harry thought he might invite Ron, and Hermione, to go along with him. Everytime he thought about them he felt guilty, and ashamed, but what was he supposed to do? He couldn't even act like he was fine when he briefly ran into them, or during class. He couldn't bare the though of telling them what was bothering him, and the way he felt for the boy who had been his greatest enimy for years.
Harry had loathed Malfoy since they met, or atleast for the most part. Back in his first year he could easily shrug off the odd feelings he would get some times, passing Draco in the corridors, or out on the quidditch pitch. But as time went on, and Harry spent more and more time around Draco, he started feeling more.
It was in his first year, that Harry had learned that he wasn't attracted to girls. Hermione was a beautiful witch, with brains to boot. They had spent so much time together that some times Harry wondered why he didn't find her attractive, other than in a friendly way, and why Ron seemed to catch his attention more. He had never had romantic feelings towards any girl he met, although for one year he was extremely interested in a pretty Ravenclaw girl named Cho Chang.
Remembering her, Harry felt his face growing slightly red. He had been so confused about his feelings, wanting a woman, yet all the while his feelings for a man were growing stronger. It confused him, and after a summer away from Cho, Harry realized he was only componsating for feelings he wouldn't let himself feel.
Not having been paying much attention to what he was doing, as he so often was lately, Harry realized that he was allready at the oak front doors of Hogwarts. Pushing them open, he stepped into the chilly, late november air and wished he had brough his broom. The weather was perfect, no wind, good sun; it was ideal weather to pracitce in. Especially since he had also been neglecting quidditch, and had even skipped a few practices, which did not do his and Angelina Johnsons friendship any good at all.
He made his way down the grounds, taking in the fresh air. It was the first time in weeks that he had left the castle for anything but Herbology, and one or two practices. Stopping to look over the great lake, he saw bubbles skimming the surface, and after a few seconds a humungous tentacle shot through the water, grabbing something Harry didn't see, and didn't want to see. He looked over to the tree that he, Ron, and Hermione some times studied by and saw a pale, blonde figure leaning against it, with a girl in Sltherin robes laying in his lap. Jelousy and embarrasment flooded through him, and he nearly broke into a run towards Hagrids cabbin, hoping desperately that Draco hadn't seen him.
Out of breath, Harry reached Hagrids hut and began banging on his front door. Immediately Hagrids boarhound, Fangs booming barks were heard, and Harry heard him clawing the door. Harry doubled over, clutching the stitch in his side, and waited impatiently for Hagrid to answer the door. After a few minutes though, Harry decided he wasn't home, and started back up to the castle.
Averting his eyes from the lake, Harry walked quickly past where Draco and Pansy were sitting, and hurried back to the oak front doors leading into the Great Hall.
Out of breath, Harry thought that he was far enough away from the lake, and Draco, and sat down on the stone steps. He burried his face in his knees breathing heavily, and still clutching the stitch in his side, although the cramp was starting to wear off.
"Potter?"
Looking up Harry saw Draco standing at the bottom of the steps. His hands were in his pockets, and his face was slightly red, but didn't look as though it was from running.
Harrys face turned a bright shade of scarlet, and almost instantly his hands started sweating. He pushed himself up and turned away, heading back into the castle befor Draco could say anything but a few mumbled words that Harry couldn't hear.
Thinking about how it was so unlike Draco to not say anything snide, and that the usual pride in his voice was somewhat softer, Harry noticed that the great hall was almost empty and decided to get a few peices of toast befor returning to the common room. Befor he could get as far as the Gryffindor table however, some one grabbed him by the shoulder, and turned him around.
"What do you want, Malfoy?" Harry asked, not daring to look in Dracos' face.
Taken aback, Dracos' sneer returned to his face, only for a few moments however. It seemed he couldn't think of anything to say either.
"I.. what the bloody hell was that about Potter? Drawing my name all over parchment.. you'd think-" he paused, his face growing even more red, "I mean it-" he noticed that his hand was still laying on Harrys shoulder, growing attention from the few stragglers who had come down for a late breakfast.
Harry glanced around noticing too, and quickly shrugged it off. Loudly he said, "Bug off, Malfoy. You can't take any points away for my eating breakfast can you?" chancing one glance at Dracos confused, and angry face, Harry grabbed a peice of toast off the table and shoved past him, and out of the great hall.
Befor Draco could have the chance to catch up with him, Harry took one of the shortcuts to the seventh floor, and looked for the stretch off wall that had given him solitude so many times.
"I need a place to clear my head." he said three times, pacing in front of the door. Out of no where, a door popped into existance leading to a small room, with poufy arm chairs but no warm cozy fireplace.
The first time Harry had used the room to get away, it had turned into a mirror of the Gryffindor common room. Harry had quite liked it then, but after using it so many times he had started to notice the things it lacked.
His friends sitting with him, just taking a break or studying. Or what Harry enjoyed espcially, bashing the Professors for giving to much homework, mostly Snape. Hermione didn't join in much, but studied all through the night, correcting Harry and Rons pappers, or simply refusing too when she was tired of doing all their work for them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:05 am

To busy reminiscing on days that he was actually happy, Harry completely forgot that he had mounds of homework to do, and fell asleep on the armchair.

He awoke not long later, his neck aching from the uncomfortable position he had fallen asleep in. He looked down to his watch, and remembered that it had stopped working last year, after being underwater for too long. Standing up and stretching, Harry felt grateful for it being a weekend day and lazily strolled over to the door. Opening it quietly, he peeked out to make sure no one was coming, and when he felt safe he stepped over the threshold of the Room of Requirement, and into the corridor.

Remembering that Angelina had scheduled quidditch practice today, Harry considered going. He had already used the ‘sick’ excuse quite a few times, and Harry doubted whether Angelina would buy it again, or if she even had at all.

This newfound feeling of being content felt odd to Harry, as though a large and heavy weight had lifted off his chest. He wanted to attend practice, and to actually talk to some one, instead of constantly fighting with himself, and his emotions.

Seeing peeves unscrewing a light fixture ahead in the corridor, Harry quietly slipped through one of the many shortcuts he knew to get to the Gryffindor common room.

“Sugar Quills.” Harry said to the fat lady, who swung open, revealing the portrait hole. Walking inside, Harry say Ginny sitting at one of the tables, and instead of avoiding her inviting wave, he put his hand in his pockets, and joined her.

“Harry,” Ginny said, pushing aside the homework she was working on, “You can’t get out of practice today, Angelina will go nuts. How are we supposed to practice without the seeker.” she looked up into his face, her eyes a brilliant shade of green that seemed to glitter and sparkle when the light from the window would shine in them.

Before Harry could answer she added, “You’re planning on quitting the team are you?” she asked suspiciously.

Harry grinned, and for the first time in a while it was a real grin, “No of course not, I’m the best seeker they’ve had in ages.”

Considering Ginny didn’t expect Harrys presence to much, she didn’t feel as discarded as Ron and Hermione did about Harrys new tendencies to be alone, though they hadn’t really talked since Harry had stayed at the burrow. The few times she had wanted to talk to Harry, Harry had mumbled some excuse of being busy, or having to study.

Ginny did look like she was nervous however, and Harry assumed that either Ron, or Hermione, had told her about how Harry had been treating them lately. Feeling like it was the right time to apologize, Harry stood up and said, “I’m feeling loads better than I have been lately, I think it was just the flu, so I’ll be at practice. Do you know where Ron is?” he asked.

“Yea, he and Hermione are in the library,” Ginny replied, and grabbed his arm, making him look directly at her, “Promise me you’ll be at practice Harry, I’m kind of worried about you, you know.” she said, looking completely serious. Harry could see concern etched in here eyes.

Holding her hand he said, “I’ll be there.” seeing Ginnys’ expression become impatient, Harry added, “I promise, ok?”

“OK.” she said, and let his hand go.

After running up to the dormitory to get his bag, Harry headed out to the library, waving to Ginny as he left the common room. He found them at a table near the front, both of them with their noses in books, neither talking.

“Hey…” he said, some what nervously, not knowing how they would react to him after being ignored for so long.

Hermione looked up agitatedly, then noticed that it was Harry. “Harry, hi…”

“Mind if I sit down?” Harry asked, setting his book bag on the floor beside an empty chair.

Ron, looking just as precautious as Hermione said, “No mate.. Of course not.”

Neither Ron nor Hermione questioned what brought about Harrys new mood, but it looked as though they both doubted it would last. Harry himself didn’t know why he was feeling better than he had been lately, other than feeling greatly relieved that at least some one knew how he felt. That person being Draco was just as horrible as his confusion itself though.

After Harry had once again taken out his potions book, intent on writing the essay he had been given as make-up work, he glanced up, deciding whether he should spill his guts or not. Firstly, he thought, he should just apologize.

“Look… I just wanted to say I know I’ve been being a real prat lately,” he started, not sure of exactly what he should say, “It’s just-”

Hermione interrupted, the same concerned look on her face as Ginny had, had, “It’s all right Harry, but you should know that you can talk to us.” she looked over at Ron.

“Yea… of course, Harry.” said Ron, who looked like he wasn’t as eager to forgive Harrys rudeness as Hermione was.

Harry looked away, his eyes distant; once again he was slipping into an apathetic mood. He could tell that neither of them really wanted to speak to him, and he couldn’t deny that they had reasons to be angry. Before he had the chance to make up an excuse though, he noticed that Ron was glaring in the direction of the library entrance. Following Rons gaze, Harry saw Draco striding past the front desk, and towards where they were sitting.

“I gotta go, I forgot that I have quidditch practice, but I’ll catch up with you guys later OK?” Harry said quickly, stuffing his still undone work back into his bag.

Looking slightly confused, Ron and Hermione both just shrugged, and said “See you later Harry.”

Shoving past Draco on his way out, Harry trotted back to the common room to change. He would practice flying until the other players got there.

After Harry had changed, and got the case holding the balls, Harry walked out into the afternoon sun, considering the playing conditions. There wasn’t much wind, which was good, and the sun wasn’t directly over the pitch to create a glare. He set down the ball case, mounted his Firebolt and kicked off from the ground.

Feeling the wind rush into his face was just as exciting and exhilarating as it had been during his first Quidditch game. After a few times around the pitch, he touched back down, ready to let out the snitch. As he was opening the case, he saw a tall blonde figure running towards him.

“Oi! Potter!” Draco bellowed, quickening his stride as Harry started to mount his broom.

“Damnit Harry, would you quit running away from me?”

Becoming extremely annoyed at Dracos increasing effort to talk to him, Harry set his broom on the ground, and started walking towards Draco. Once they were five or less feet away from each other, there was a moment of silence, both glancing into each others eyes.

“Look, Draco, it was nothing personal… I’m surprised you haven’t spread it all around school by now.” Harry said, trying to sound supercilious, and snide, but there was an uncertainness to his voice.

Draco laughed, “My name on it, and its not supposed to be personal?”

“I…” Harry mumbled, not sure what to say. His sexuality was not something he felt he should be discussing with Draco.

“What, Potter? Do you have some kind of man-crush on me, or something?” Draco jeered, but when Harry turned away he said, “No, don’t…. I’m serious…”

Both he and Harrys face turned bright scarlet red, although it was much more noticeable on Dracos pale skin.

Harry stopped, and turned around again facing Draco, “What do you mean, “man-crush” he asked, not knowing how to answer. Why was Draco being so unlike himself?

Draco shuffled his feet uncomfortably, “You know what I mean Potter… Harry.”

“It’s none of your business really, who I have any sort of crush on. And no, even if I were gay I sure as hell wouldn’t have a crush on you, Malfoy.” said Harry, putting extra emphasis on Dracos name. For whatever reason Draco was being so nice, Harry was sure it wasn’t so he and Harry could have a nice heart to heart.

Anger flared though Dracos face, erasing the embarrassment that had left its red marks across it. “Fine then, Potter, but I’m sure your little mudblood girl friend, Ginny or whichever Weasley it is wouldn’t like to know you’ve been fantasizing about me, now would-”

Dracos face turned a bright shade of puce as he tried to open his mouth, but couldn’t. Harry advanced on him, his wand held high, “Don’t call her a mudblood,”

Watching as Dracos eyes worked furiously, Harry considered stupefying him and throwing him in the changing room. Deciding it’d be best to just leave him as he was, Harry turned, picked his broom back up and mounted.

Giving one final look at Malfoy, who had turned away and was running back to the castle, Harry kicked off. After a few times around the pitch, he remembered he had landed to let the snitch out, and returned to the ground again.

Practice went as well as could be expected, not having been flying much this year. Harry had seen the snitch quite a few times, but each time he had been hit by a bludger, because he wasn’t paying attention. The rest of the team was flying extremely well, and Harry wished that he had been more active. Monday classes proved that he should have been paying more attention there too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:29 am

Harry had Potions with Sltherin all week, and after one day he considered skipping class. Although he didn’t receive the usual taunting, the odd looks and stolen glances from Draco had begun to confuse Harry quite a bit.

Harry was confused; confused as to why Draco was acting the way he way, confused about his own unwillingness to confide in anyone, or to even have a normal conversation with his best friends. He was alone, and up until now he had been ok with it.
In the Gryffindor common room, long after midnight, Harry sat alone, yet again, finally finishing his Potions home work. He jotted down the last few lines, and rolled the paper up, glad that he had finally finished it.

Harry rubbed his eyes, and leaned back in the armchair, exhausted. Tomorrow he had his third class this week with the Slytherins, first thing in the morning. Facing the prospect of having to dodge Draco, and some how manage to stay off Professor Snape’s radar, Harry headed up to the boys dormitory for bed.

As soon as he lay down on his four posted bed, he fell asleep without even closing the curtains.

Harry awoke the next morning, tired and hungry. All the days of skipping dinner, and breakfast were quickly catching up with him. He looked over at Ron’s bed that was empty and guessed that he and Hermione were already down in the Great Hall.

Getting dressed and stowing his wand in his pocket, Harry left the common room, and took a few choice short cuts to the great hall. He found Ron and Hermione sitting together, at the far end of the table, and joined them, mumbling a good morning.

Hermione had a serious look on her face, as she was reading the Daily Prophet. Her eyes skimmed down the page quickly, and she turned a page, her expression becoming even more furious.

“I can’t believe this!” she exclaimed shrilly, “They’re chucking Professor Flitwick!”

Ron choked on his scrambled eggs, and bits of toast fell out of Harrys open mouth.

Ron was the first to speak, “Don’t tell me they’re sending in another Ministry person? We’ve already got to deal with that toad woman!”

“Why would they want to fire Flitwick? He’s been teaching here for ages!” Harry said, concerned.

Hermione took a breath, her voice shaking with anger, and said “Listen to this-”

Harry listened while Hermione read the Prophet, and when she had finished he and Ron both wore the same angry look that Hermione had.

“I knew it,” said Ron, “This guy better not be as bad as Umbridge, or I might just drop out. What’re they trying to do, ruin Hogwarts?”

“I’m guessing so, considering that we’re probably not going to learn anything from this one either.” said Hermione, sighing. “You just can’t learn defense against the dark arts without practicing it.” looking quite angry, Hermione slammed down the paper in front of her plate, and began stabbing at her bacon.

Harry picked up another piece of toast, deciding not to say anything. He was quite as mad about the staff replacements going on at Hogwarts as the other two were, but bickering about it wouldn’t do any good. Instead, he stood up and said, “I forgot my book in the common room, I’ll meet you two in class.”

“All right mate,” said Ron through a mouthful of eggs, earning a reproving look from Hermione, “Just don’t be late, Snape’s been livid lately… well more livid than usual.”

“Yeah,” Harry said, waving.

The dungeons were just as dark and dank as ever. Harry spotted Ron and Hermione already setting their things up, on a table close to the front. Professor Snape entered the dungeon moments after Harry, drawing the curtains closed as he walked to the font. Without a word he drew his wand, and magically copied words onto the blackboard.

“Begin.” was all Snape said, and sat down eyeing the students maliciously. He was obviously not happy about something,

From across the room, Harry saw Draco. He was still setting his things up, and every few seconds he would glance up at Harry. Harry noticed that his hair wasn’t as well cared for as usual, instead it was slightly greasy, and seemed to lack its usual shine. Draco was also less talkative than he usually was. During class he would pass notes, or whisper to the fellow Sltherins, and more times than not Harry was the butt of the joke. Today though, he was quiet and looked as though he was in a bad mood.

Determined not to catch Draco’s eye, Harry set to work.

Halfway through class, and after many mishaps with his potion, Harry was sweating profusely and leaning over his cauldron. Hermione however, was looking quite pleased with herself, as usual, and looked as though she was nearly done with her potion.

On the other side of the class room, Draco was looking just as displeased with his work as Harry was, but didn’t seem to care as much. After a loud bang from his own cauldron, he simply leaned back in his chair, bored.

“Mr. Malfoy,” said Snape, “Is there a problem?”

Draco looked up, annoyed, “No Professor.” he said, shortly.

“I suggest, that you pay attention to your potion, Mr. Malfoy.” said Snape, looking malevolent.

Draco, and the rest of glass turned their attention towards Draco’s potion, which was near boiling over his cauldron and sending up purplish sparks. Hurriedly, Draco waved his wand, putting the fire out, which caused the whole contents of the potion to explode, landing on most of the students who were near, including Draco.

The potion, however, had no effects on anyone, rather it just seemed to stink like hell. Draco cursed loudly, trying to wipe the greater portion of his potion of his face.

Snape stood up, and walked slowly towards Draco, and cleared the mess with a simple wave of his wand. “I would like to speak to you after class, Malfoy.” he said, and returned to his desk.

The rest of the class was silent, and after Snape bellowed for them to return to work, they all bent their heads and cared to their own potion. The bell rand not long afterward, and every one but Malfoy quickly started to leave.

After packing his things up, Harry stood up and went to follow Ron, and Hermione, who were waiting for him beside the door. As he started to walk away though, Professor Snape’s drawling voice came from behind him.

“Potter.” he said, and Harry turned around, annoyed.

“Yes, Professor?”

Snape crossed his fingers, and set his hands on top of his desk. “Your work has been less than your normal average.” he paused, eyeing Harry, “And that, I must say, is saying something. If you keep up with this work, I will fail you. Understood?”

“Yes, Professor.” Harry said, and turned away, ignoring Draco‘s sneer, and joined Ron and Hermione at the door.

“What was that about?” asked Ron.

Harry shrugged, not wanting to admit to his failing grades, “He’s in a bad temper, I guess I’m his favorite person to take it out on.”

Hermione looked at Harry suspiciously but said nothing as they headed towards Care of Magical Creatures.

The chilly November air was aided by the wind, making it quite cold. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the Gryffindors walked down the grounds, towards Hagrids seemingly empty hut.

Professor Grubby-Plant was waiting for them by the edge of the forest. Her silver hair brought up neatly in a tight bun that she wore at the back of her head.

“We’ll wait for the rest of the class, before we begin.” she said shortly.

The Slytherins arrived not long later, Draco bringing up the rear, again without Crabbe, or Goyle. Professor Grubby-Plank announced that they would be sorting through asphodel, to find the ripe ones, and throw out rotten ones.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:29 am

Harry glanced over at Draco, who was yet again silent, and alone. Crabbe and Goyle were talking to each other, a few feet away from where Draco stood, leaning against a tree.

Grubby-Plank cleared her throat and said, “We’ll be working in pairs today class. To avoid mingling I will pair you up.” she named off the students who would be working together, most pairs groaning at her choices until finally there were only two people left. To Harry’s frustration, he was paired with Draco.

“Get to work.” Professor Grubby-Plank barked.

Draco did not join Harry immediately, but stood quite stationary. Ignoring this, Harry set to work picking through the asphodel to find ripe ones, from the bundles that Grubby-Plank had set out.

Half way through the lesson, and only after being threatened to be sent to his head of house for not participating, Draco finally joined Harry.

Speaking quietly, Draco kneeled down in front of Harry, “Look, Potter, can we just talk?”

Harry glared up at Draco, “And what, exactly, would you like to talk about Malfoy?”

Sighing impatiently, Draco ran his fingers through his hair nervously, “Look- I… I’m not sure what to say. Will you just tell me what this is about.” he said, and pulled out the parchment that Harry had drawn on.

Shocked that Draco had kept it Harry snatched the parchment out of his hands, and stowed in his own pocket, fearful of any one seeing it.

“I told you… I was just…” Harry stumbled over his words. Draco was not the kind to want to talk about anything, especially not with his worst enemy.

“Why can’t you just drop this. It’s not like we’re friends, and it’s not like you give a damn, so why are you acting like you do?” Harry asked.

Looking as though he was trying to give a dieing man bad news, Draco cleared his throat, “Because… because I do, ok. I care…” seeing the unbelieving look on Harry’s face, he corrected himself, “Not about you, Potter. It’s just… well… are you gay or not?”

Harry choked, not believing that he had heard correctly. “Am I gay?” he asked, setting down the rotten plant in his hand.

“That is not any of your business, and why-the-hell do you care?” Harry said quickly.

“Damnit potter!” Draco said, loudly enough that a few fellow classmates turned their heads. His voice lowered, Draco went on, “Four years solid dislike, I get that, but what the hell is wrong with you and I having one civil conversation?”

Cutting him off, Harry said, “Oh I dunno, maybe because you’re the biggest prat I’ve ever had the displeasure of knowing, you believe in pure-blood supremacy, you don’t give a rats *** about anyone but your self, your father is a death eater, you support the man who killed my parents! Would you like me to go on, or are those good enough reasons?” Harry was almost shouting as he stood up and walked over to the bins, dumping the ripe, and rotten plants into their right place. As he turned around, it came as no surprise that Draco was right behind him.

He spoke very slowly, and so quietly that Harry could barley hear him, “Did you grow up in a home where other peoples ideals were forced on you? Were you told to believe and act as they did, or you’d be thrown into the streets, disinherited?”

Impatiently, Harry cut Draco off again, and shoved past him, “Yes, I did! But you don’t see me parading around, pushing aside anyone who crosses my path, making other people’s lives miserable, do you?”

“Harry,” Draco said, sounding desperate, “I don’t choose to follow Voldemort, I never have. Do you remember the first time we met?”

Of all the things for Draco to bring up, he had to mention the first time Harry had ever seen him. Although, he didn’t know which time Draco was talking about.

“Vaguely.” Harry answered shortly. The bell rang, and the rest of the class started picking their things up, Harry along with them, eager to get away from Draco.

“I asked you to join me in my compartment, I wanted to be friends.”

So he was talking about the day on the Hogwarts express. Confused as to where Draco was going with this, Harry faced him and listened.

Realizing that Harry wasn’t going to run away yet again, Draco continued, “You rejected me, Potter, not the other way around. I offered you friendship, and you turned me down.”

“Because you were being a prat!” Harry exclaimed, “You insulted Ron, you insulted me, you insulted the few people I had met at that time, all in the time span of about three minutes!”

In a soft, almost regretfully sad voice Draco laid his hand on Harry’s shoulder, and looked him directly in the eye, “Because you…” he paused and looked away, “Oh forget it.”

He walked past Harry, his head hanging low, so unlike Draco. However horrible he was, he never lost his pride, and he would never try to make amends. Watching him stalk away, Harry though it just might be time to give him a chance.

Cursing himself already for even thinking about it, Harry ran to Malfoy yelling “Wait… wait!”

Draco looked astonished as he turned around, and stopped walking, though for once he was the one to be silent.

“I-- why do you want to know if I’m… well, gay?” Harry asked, embarrassed and already angry with himself.

Draco was staring holes into his shoes, and kicking the ground. After a few moments he said, “Because… well… I’ve never been one to try and sneak into the girls dormitory you know?”

Harry couldn’t help but to laugh, “Seriously?”

“No, I’ve confided the things I’ve been ashamed of all my life into the boy that I’ve hated for the past four and some odd years, because I’m feeling lonely today.” Draco said, with a trace of his usual snide voice.

Harry faltered, yet again not knowing what to say. He looked at Draco as if it were the first time he was actually seeing him. His eyes weren’t so cold, really, and thinking back on it, his supercilious smirk was honestly kind of cute.

“Well, I.. I think we should get to class… Mcgonagle’s been livid with me lately…” Harry said.

“Yeah… I’ll err.. See you around Potter.” Draco said and turned away.

Harry stood still, and watched Draco walk away. What had just happened?

Three months passed, and the friendship between Harry and Draco grew. It was rocky, and quite unsure at first, but in time they found that they had many things in common; mostly, the fear and loathing of the Dark Side.

Draco confided in Harry, things that he had never told another soul. How horribly his family treated him, even though in public, Lucius Malfoy made it seem as though Draco were the only star in the world that shone. How Lucius constantly told him that he would offer him, his only son, to the Dark Lord, at any moments notice. Draco was terrified of Voldemort, terrified of his own father, and Harry could sympathize with him.

Although at first, Harry didn’t trust Draco at all, soon he was telling him all about his own childhood, and the horrid muggles that he lived with; things he had never even told Ron, or Hermione. Draco was sympathetic with Harry and how he had to grow up, mostly because he had to endure the same treatment.

And although their friendship was growing, both knew that they neither of their groups of friends would ever accept them. They weren’t a couple, but as friends, they would be taunted by Slytherins, Harry would be further hated by the Gryffindors, all of which already thought he was a lying, attention seeking prat.

Their only time together, was stolen away in the Room of Requirement. Most weekends they would meet, and study together, some nights they would meet up, lonely, in need of some one to talk to. They found in each other their own counter parts. Harry was modest, and restrained; Draco bold, and unafraid to speak his mind, no matter the circumstances. Never after the day they were paired in Care of Magical Creatures did they speak of their preference to men.

One night, in the Room of Requirement, which had formed into a small, cozy room with a fire roaring merrily, Draco lay on the floor, leaned against pillows reading a book on famous wizards from the library, and Harry laid with his head on Draco’s stomach, reading Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard. It was the Saturday night before a trip to Hogsmead.

They never talked about being in a relationship, but both had taken to sitting close together, or laying as they were when in privacy

“Harry,” Draco said, distractedly, “Weren’t you born in Godrics Hollow?”

Harry looked up at Draco, “Yeah, why?”

“Isn’t your name, Harry Potter?”

Harry laughed, “Why, Draco, I think it is.”

“Only, it mentions here something about a famous young boy, who was born in Godrics Hollow, who’s famous for… wait I forgot… oh yea, being a complete idiot when it comes to reading.”

Harry laughed again, but was confused. Draco leaned up and took Harry’s book, turning it over.

“You were reading it upside down.” Draco said.

Harry rubbed his eyes, and looked at Draco’s watch. It was two in the morning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:04 am

After saying their goodbyes, Harry went back to the Gryffindor common room, and Draco towards the Slytherin common room, that was near the dungeons. When he got to his four poster bed, he remembered that he had left his invisibility cloak in the room of requirement, and deciding not to risk being caught out of bed, he resided on getting it tomorrow.

At breakfast the next morning, Harry sat at the Gryffindor table with Ron, and Hermione, who were bickering about the replacement teacher for charms.

“At least this guy can’t force us to learn it all from the textbooks.” said Ron, cutting off a piece of sausage.

“Yes, but he’s teaching us fourth level charms!” said Hermione, argumenitivly.

Harry didn’t understand why they were so defensive; they were on the same side in thinking that Professor Lash was unfair, and mediocre. Harry glanced across to the Slytherin table, Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy, and others who were near Draco were laughing at a joke he just told. Draco had a supercilious look on his face, and looked as though he was enjoying himself.

The bell rang and Harry, smiling to himself, joined Ron and Hermione on their way to charms. The friendship between the three of them had gotten better, but Harry was still some what reserved. He tried to deny it when he started feeling guilty, but maybe Draco had rubbed off on him.

Harry had potions after lunch, which he had spent in the room of requirement with Draco, and he walked down to the dungeon alone, hoping he wasn’t late. When he entered the classroom, Draco was already there (they left the room at different times, as to not draw attention) and so was Snape.

“Tardiness, Mr. Potter,” Snape said lividly, “Is not allowed in my classroom. Ten points from Gryffindor.”

“But Professor-”

“Would you like to make fifteen points?”

Harry said nothing, but glared at Snape. Cursing under his breath, Harry sat down beside Ron, setting his bag on the cold, stone floor. Snape had been in an even worse mood than normal, not long after term had started. Harry didn’t have time to contemplate this, however; he had assigned a potion that Harry was sure was over fifth grade level.

As the students started preparing their potions, setting their fire to mild, Snape walked about the classroom. “Can anyone tell me what Wolfsbane is for?” he asked.

As usual, Hermione’s hand went straight up in the air, and as usual Snape ignored her. A pretty girl from Gryffindor, Harry wasn’t sure of her name, raised her hand at the same time. Snape ignored this to.

“No one.” he stated, and stopped pacing as he got back to the front of the room. “Wolfsbane is not a cure for lycanthropy, as some might think. It only works to prevent the extremely dangerous dementia which would otherwise accompany the transformation from human into werewolf. It takes eight days to brew, so you will only be starting this potion. You will continue your work in the continuing week, and I will make the necessary additions whilst you are not in class. However, I will not correct your potion in any way. Today you will begin, following the instructions I have on the board-” he paused, flicking his wand to the black board, on which words started to appear, “An essay on the ingredients and their effects and uses in the potion will be due in one weeks time. Begin.”

Harry groaned with the rest of the class as be began crushing aconite into fine powder. By the end of class, his potion was sending up red smoke, and giving off a terrible smell. The rest of the class’ potions looked the same, except Hermione’s who was sweating profusely, and still stirring. Hers was a light pink, and didn’t smell quite as bad.

The rest of the day droned by, and all Harry thought about was the few hours he would spend with Draco in the Room of Requirement; although he thought it better to not stay to late. He didn’t go get his cloak, deciding to just use the map and hope for the best. To his luck, it worked.

Harry stood before the wall on the seventh floor, and paced thrice thinking “I need a place to meet Draco…”

Draco was already there, and to Harry’s horror he wasn’t alone. Ron and Hermione were gagged, and bound together by ropes; they were staring at Harry looking confused, both of their faces had bruises. Ron’s lip was busted, and dried blood dripped on his chin.

Draco stood behind them, on his right his father, and on his left a porky looking man, with a malicious glare in his eye. Harry stood, befuddled; his mouth was open and for a few seconds he was unable to speak.

“Well, well, well… this is quite a predicament, isn’t it?” said Lucius Malfoy, sneering. Draco’s expression was even more snide than his fathers. He looked proud, and kept glancing up at his father, as if awaiting his approval.

“Lucius,” it was the porky man who spoke, “What an opportunity this is… you should recognize it as thus! Lets just kill him eh’? Say he put up a fight, and it was un avoidable… we will be rewarded above no others! Revered!”

“No, Exavery. Our orders are to bring him to the Dark Lord.” Lucius said plainly, “If the three of them get… ah, a bit hurt during the process, then by all means, it is unavoidable.”

“How did you get in?” said Harry, still glued to the spot. The door to the room was still open.

“Well, that wasn’t such a problem, now was it?” said Draco, laughing, “Portkey.”

“But last year… Dumbledore had to tighten the security. He put charms up… I’m sure…”

Hermione and Ron were looking back and forth from Draco to Harry. Silent tears were sliding down Hermione’s face, and Ron tried his best to comfort her, though his arms were bound.

“There will be time for talking later,” said Lucius, and Exavery drew his wand, “Now, you have a long overdue appointment with death, Potter.”

Before Harry could dodge the spell, he was bound and sent flying across the room, knocking him into the wall. His vision slightly hazy, Harry looked up and saw Draco advancing on him, his back turned to his father and the only Death Eater.

He mouthed something that Harry didn’t quite catch, and jerked him up by the ropes that were around his stomach. After throwing him down by Ron and Hermione, he joined his father again, grabbing an old quill that way lying on one of the tables.

“It leaves in one minute.” Draco said, looking down at his watch.

Harry looked frantically at Hermione, she and Ron looked just as terrified as he was. How did this happen? Harry cursed himself for ever trusting Draco. But everything that Draco had told him had sounded so… honest. It all fit, but then again, it was Draco Malfoy. Harry thought he had, had someone he could talk to, he thought he had really known him. And now, bound along with the only two people who had never wronged him, Harry saw what a huge mistake it had been.

Harry wondered how three bound passengers, two full grown men, and Draco were all going to leave by porkey. He didn’t have to much time to ponder this however, for Draco had drawn his wand and pointed it straight at Harry.

“Draco, there’s no time for that now!” said Lucius, walking towards the three on the ground. As he and Exavery kneeled down before them, Lucius impatiently beckoned Draco. There was on few seconds left…

“Stupefy!” bellowed Draco, aiming his wand at his father. Exavery turned around, confused, but his hand was still on the quill, and in the blink of an eye he was gone. Harry watched Draco, becoming even more confused by the minute.

Draco grabbed a log out of the fire, and tapped his wand on it, saying “Portus.” he turned his father over, who was heaped on top of Harry’s legs. Harry noticed that Draco’s hand lingered some what on his leg, and Ron watched, bemused.

Lucius Malfoy disappeared just as the other Death Eater had. Draco pointed his wand at Harry, who although was not gagged, watched Draco silently.

“Relashio,” Draco said, and the binds fells off all three of them. He noticed that the door was still open, and quickly went to shut it.

“Ok, we don’t have much time. I didn’t stupefy the big bloke… oh bloody hell, I didn’t stupefy him.” a look of panic fluttered across Draco’s face, and he looked as though he had just noticed this major flaw. He ran over beside the chair and picked up Harry’s cloak, pocketing it. Then he picked up Harry’s bag, and after digging through it he found an ink bottle, and said the incantation again.

“Grab this, he said quickly, holding it out to the other three. Harry immediately obeyed, overwhelmingly relieved that Draco hadn’t set him up. But he wondered how Ron and Hermione had been captured.

“Do you think we’re brainless, you conniving git?” spat Ron, standing up and grabbing Hermione.

“Ron-”

“This conniving git just saved your life, Weasley. Taking the damn portkey, or as soon as term is over you won’t even make out of the train station.”

“Ron, it’s alright, let’s go.”

“Harry?” said Hermione, “what’s going on… I-”

“We don’t have time!”

“But where’s it going?” Hermione asked, her eyes were flitting back and forth from Harry to Draco.

“To where you’ll have a chance to live; take the portkey.” demanded Draco.

Reluctantly, Ron and Hermione extended their fingers. The four of them looked at each other nervously, and after a few seconds they were off. The last thing Harry saw was dozens of people in dark masks appearing in the room of requirement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum