Classes suggestion....
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Classes suggestion.... Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Classes suggestion....

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Classes suggestion.... Empty Classes suggestion....

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:31 pm

The format is simple, and it makes classes move quickly, and more efficiently.. I've seen it in VERY good use on a few sites, and it keeps classes running pretty smoothly... Here is the format

Teacher:
One long detailed post, or small question answering posts,talking about the class, starting the class, teaching the class, the teacher may use NPCs to ask questions, (Anyone who posts in the class may claim the NPC spot..) I've seen it used that people save a post, basically type an OOC: I will post here later when I have time.. and claim an NPC for later use.. if they don't post within so long though, someone else may be that NPC, and the person who posted OOC is counted absent unless the post is edited to contain a real response.

Anyway.. the teacher teaches the class, assigns homework, and ends their post... Homework may be whatever you want it to be... and may be added at the end of a post, or PMed directly to the teacher...

Students: One or more posts: A student posts once to show attendance... In which if requested, the post may contain homework, or simply stating they are in class.. no more posts are needed, if they have a question, the teacher is expected to respond. Homework may be Pmed to teacher or posted in post (Specified by teacher). Student may post more then once if they so wish, or may claim an NPC used by the teacher as though they asked it themselves, in which case the teacher won't need to answer the question, because it was answered in the first teachers post...

Here is a format:

Teacher post:
-introduction-
-what is being taught in class that day-
-questions, including NPC questions, and answers-
---------------
OOC: homework and format in which to post homework, in post or PM... (Points are rewarded for homework, not necessarily in class, but for homework, and questions presented in posts

Student post:
Format for attendance:
Name:
Year:
House:

-post-
-------------------
Homework if asked to be put in post.

If a student posts more then once, do not add the Attendance marker at the top, so it is shown that they have posted before...

Questions? Please ask... if you want a more detailed explanation, I can make one up! I used to play an Ancient Runes professor..
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Classes suggestion.... Empty Re: Classes suggestion....

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:10 pm

That's good, Chase. I would hope teachers would divert away from homework though and make the classes experiential so that players feel more comfortable coming to class and posting. But I like the rest of it a lot!

Lots of good thinking.

k
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22700
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:24 pm

well when I say homework.. it wouldn't be anything more then like.. a paragraph to write as an 'essay' or like... look up the answer to a question, nothing more then what is already in classes...
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Yeah, if we do any, it definitely needs to be less than what we have had in the past. But I do like your ideas. Nice!!
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:01 am

well actually this way... there is LESS homework... I've been looking at some of the classes, this way there is less to look up, and more of a class lecture feeling to it all... Some of the classes are just.. continual questions and answers, that people don't wanna look up, this way there isn't, and it's a simply, post your attendance, and a quick post to say your there.. if you really want to be more involved in class, you can be.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:05 am

I"m hoping its not just a matter of posting to have a way to record students's attendance. I actually want adventures, fun, ways to participate. But I could be hoping for a lot. LOL
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:10 am

That's up to the teachers.... this way makes it so that classes aren't so.. .strenuous... I feel as though there are things to do in Hogwarts besides classes... there's a reason HP doesn't center around all of the classes, so why should we? This way we can have more rping in Hogwarts, and less of a stress on going to classes... I find people think they shouldn't post because they don't want to go to classes... This makes it so that if there are a few classes that are more fun, and adventurous, like yours Khaat, people will post there, and still post in others classes.. it's also a way to speed up the slower classes, and keep them moving..
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:15 am

and i am agreeing with you.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:20 am

haha cool... I just think this will be easier, and more efficient, and may even lead to higher posting in Hogwarts, without having to go on lockdown to do it! I'm not pointing this to just you Khaat, anymore XD I'm pointing this to anyone reading! I just think it would be a good idea to take the stress off classes, and more on having fun in Hogwarts...
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:43 am

the lockdown is not geared to force posting. it is a site plot point, or at least it is, more largely, a part of the site plot. it is designed to be part of the evil characterization of grindlewald and his desire for total control over the wizarding world. the fact that students would have only the school to post in, is a by product of that plot point, really.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum