New Career Center Mentors and Apprentices
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Career Center Mentors and Apprentices  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Career Center Mentors and Apprentices

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Career Center Mentors and Apprentices  Empty New Career Center Mentors and Apprentices

Post by Michael Tremaine Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:23 am

Greetings!

My name is Michael Tremaine, and I am the new Director of the Hogwarts Career Center. As you will disover, sooner or later, I favor the untraditional, the unique and the unusual. I especially value unique and unusual relationships, and I strongly encourage them. I will strongly encourage you to attempt your apprenticeships as they are before you have thoughts about them not working. I am old enough to have the right to be set in my ways about that.

I have taken all of the mentors and the apprentice requests t had and have made matches. I have, at times, taken your skills into account rather than the fields that you originally applied for. I am, after all, interested that you mentors pass on your highest abilities to today's youth, and I would prefer no maiming or murder take place during the apprenticeships. Play nicely. Here are your instructions from this point forward.

Mentors--Please immediately send a private message (PM) your apprentice and make arrangements to start a thread with your apprentice. I will expect a regular response from you, in a private message (PM) approx once every two OOC calendar weeks in regards to your student. If necessary we will have a conference in my office, with or without your apprentice, in order to enhance the learning experience. It is also possible that if a particular field becomes overly requested, mentors may need to consider taking more than one apprentice. Please let me know at once, via private message if you might consider taking more than one apprentice and keep me aware of any new areas in which you might be willing to mentor.

Apprentices--If you do NOT hear from your mentor within 10 calendar dates of today, it is YOUR responsibility to contact me as your career advisor so that I can first contact your mentor to try to facilitate your match. If the match just does not work, I will find you a new mentor, but it could mean you might be matched with somone outside of your desired field if there are not enough within your field to make your first request. I will be meeting with you at least one time a semester in order to be sure your apprenticeship is going well and that both you and your mentor are doing well. (Yes, this means I will be asking to do a thread with you--however brief--at some point in the semester) If you believe your mentor is not treating you fairly as you believe you, as a student, are entitled to, please contact me. I have no issues with 'discussing' the matter with your mentor.

If a mentor or an apprentice does not actively participate in an event (thread) that is dedicated to the education of the apprentice, one or both may be discontinued from the career center due to lack of interest.

If a mentor or a student loses interest and wants to discontinue or has some other issue, it is your responsibilty to contact me, as I am not a seer.

My office is attached to the Practical Magic Workshop classroom on the first floor of Hogwarts. Please do not expect me to remember your name, and I encourage you not to be tempted to interpret that as disrespect. I will, however, remember your nickname. I am just no good at names. I am, however, excellent at remembering nicknames.

I will always be actively taking names of new mentors and new apprentices.

Sincerely,
Professor Michael Tremaine
Career Center Director & Practical Magic Professor

cc: attached list of mentors, apprentices, and apprenticeship pairings

Mentors
Andrian Potter- Healer
Angus Donahue- Auror, Bodyguard
Arabella Johnson- Healer
Caelani Bittel- Art
Brian Quinn- Auror, Fighter, Bodyguard
Chase Moor--COMC
Damon Ambrojze- Professor