Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt ii discussions : D
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt ii discussions : D Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt ii discussions : D

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt ii discussions : D Empty Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt ii discussions : D

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:36 am

So from what I hear Australia (For once) is ahead of the Americans in the release of books and movies and whatnot.

I mean, without forward time we often do get the worldwide release dates before you, huzzah for GMT + 10 time.

But world releases don't seem to affect movies.

Anyway, I just got home from the movie and marathon I was involved in leading up to the movie, and let me tell you it was brilliant.

Now, I've already received a very stern death threat from another admin who hasn't seen the movie about spoiling aspects of it, lighting, what they left in, took out, etc. So I wont say much about the movie itself for awhile, but once again let urge you all to see it.

So I figured that we should share opinions on the movie itself (Once you've seen it), tell us what your plans are for the Harry Potter series' last hurrah, and most importantly who you're going to dress up as for the movie Wink

So share!
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt ii discussions : D Empty Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt ii discussions : D

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:25 am

So my friend hand whittled me a wand that I'm getting tomorrow.. And I'm wearing all my HP wear because I've been too busy with my job to get my Snape costume together D=

My friend bought us all the tickets and I'm having the usual HP maraton as well as listening to wrockbox (WIZARDING ROCK FTW). At the end of the movie, I plan to stand up, lift my wand, and yell "Mischief Managed."

Doooooope! XD
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt ii discussions : D Empty Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt ii discussions : D

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:47 am

Dammit, if only I'd thought of that last night. The Mischief managed thing I mean.

We had a two day marathon but didn't make it through the 5th or 6th movies. After the 4th we skipped to pt i in order to be ready for the film then we awayed for the movie.

We might've started late on Monday and watched a fair bit of AVPM... but it was worth it, 5th and 6th aren't my favourite movies.

My friends and I saw 2D and waited for 5 hours in the lines to get in.. payed off too, we got brilliant seats to watch.

I went as Fudge, and almost everyone recognised me straight away so I was haaappy. But a few people thought I was Barty Crouch snr. Honest mistake, I think.

But yes, brilliant movie. I'll be watching it several times. I can't help but feel that last night my childhood ended though Sad
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:51 am

So, you all will think I'm crazy. But I dressed up at Belatrix.Because I dig her Smile We camped out for 29 hours. Front of the line. Me in my belatrix costume the entire time. Very Happy Got interviewed about 30 million times. When asked who my favorite character was, I was surprised by my answer."If we're talking the whole series, Severus Snape. But this movie/book. Draco Malfoy. More on that later. XD My favorite part in the whole movie was the 'not my daughter you B****' part. Not because it was epically epic. But because everyone started to applaud. I was pretty sure everyone hated me, I felt the need to update everyone on how much time was left before it started every 5 minutes. This started at 3 hours till. Very Happy We had a huge ass sign that said 'Hermione Dies' and we could tell who hasn't read the books, by their 'you sons of b-word' looks they had. Jack, great minds think alike. Because at the end, I stood up and held my 'Elder Wand' in the air and yelled 'Mistchief Managed' Besides the movie, my favorite part of the entire deal was the people walking by who were talking about cutting us, when someone said 'They braught a freaking tent, we are not cutting them, they're crazy.' When it was all said and done. I got home and realized Post-Potter depression has set in.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Well. I was watching television when my friend walked in and said "we should watch Harry Potter". I said "Sure." Thirty minutes later we were at the theater getting popcorn. No waiting, no costumes...so I think I lose that part of the battle.

I liked the movie. It was well done. I mean I knew it would be a good movie in it's own right, but the more important part was that it was a good adaption of the book. It managed to get most of the important stuff in there without going too long (although they did skip arianna/dumbledore/aberforth history, which was an odd choice)
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Somers Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:48 pm

I went to see HP a few nights ago in my Gryffindor shirt, and my sister wore her Dumbledore hat(epic hat). We went to the midnight premier, and some guy ran down the street in a Voldemort costume(taped nose included) yelling "HARRYPOTTERHARRYPOTTERHARRYPOTTER" We thought he was gonna get hit by a car. Some people went around sorting people with a large brown hat, which I sadly avoided. HP itself was epic, and I laughed at Molly and Bellatrix, and cried at Fred, Severus, Baby Harry, and Lily Potter Smile 10/10 magic wands
Adele Somers
Adele Somers

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:22 pm

We went for the midnight showing, and we had a decent spot in line and we were waiting for our group because they had our tickets- not my idea, my best friend wanted to be with her bf so they had a group- and we sat in the line, blasting 'Friday' and 'the Thong Song' on speakers while I ate Snack Packs. I got married (I mean he didn't know it, but I sorta blurted out that this boy dressed as a Gryff like me was beautiful, he heard, so I hugged him.) The best costumes I saw was this huge guy dressed as Hagrid and.. some guy dressed up as Spiderman...

Anywho. Our group didn't showe up til 10:55, and they had been loading the theater since 10. At 1023 we had to step out of line and let people cut us because our group had out tickets. We went from front of the line.. to last in the theater. I had a basilisk fang and my friend had to hold me back from using it against them. Yay for second row in 3D...

The fun thing about our theater is someone started the penis game, where you yell penis gradually and gradually louder. I also started the theater singing The Mysterious Ticking Noise.

Things about the movie I loved...

Neville was totally the hero. Everytime he did anything, the entire theater screamed and cheered.
Even though it deviated from canon, I like the Neville/Luna subplot.. because we all know they were MEANT for each other.
Molly's line was there, thank God.
Everytime Neville was on screen (he became my new hero)
I am torn by how i think of the Ron/Hermione kiss.. I liked the book's version with the elf part of it, but the movie was genuine about it too.
Finally Harry was not the only one shirtless. *nods*
Snape's memories.
19 years later! Baby gingers!

Things that had me crying.. (and I don't cry..)

Um, the opening credits, I was already crying.
Dobby's headstone.
Fred. I almost fell out of my chair, my friend had to grab me and hold my hand and try to shush. I was sobbing. My glasses weren't the same after that, they were smeared with tears and mascara.
Remus and Tonks.
The whole Voldy/Snape -> Snape/Harry scene and ALL the memories
Neville's monologue.

But my favorite part, hands down...

Was Voldemort hugging Draco Malfoy.

I will never forget my best friend leaning over and saying "that awkward moment when Voldemort hugs you."

I felt at peace when I got home at 3am.. I posted this on facebook.

Last night, we gathered to see the prophecy fulfilled. For a family reunion. For true love to be realized. For redemption to be found in the words "Always." For a fool to save everyone. For people to die, for the others to grow. We read a legacy and last night, the conclusion came. The Harry Potter series lives on in the hearts of generations. Just because we came to the conclusion, doesn't mean it has to end.

<3
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Kubin Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Aaah, yes, Voldemort hugging Draco, that was the best scene in the world. And when he did that small dance? I was laughing so hard i cried. The movie was pretty beast, to say the least, except I thought some things were a bit scary. Like when the Death Eaters held Hagrid hostage, I swear I thought they cut off his arms.

Anyways, I was told numerous times, and read once, that they weren't going to stray from the book at all but some things caught me as odd;

1) How they didn't mention Gregorovich in the movie and that small scene where Dumbledore and Greg are fighting, and when Ariana dies.

2) Voldemort didn't die like that. I'm pretty sure they said that he died like anyone else, not that he was chipped away at, and my first thought was What if someone swallows a small piece?

3) They didn't show Grawp. I was pretty mad by that. I was waiting for him throughout the whole movie.

They messed up a lot of stuf I was hoping to see, but they were all small, so I guess it don't matter. And what sucked was that Percy was shown for, like, 2 seconds, he was supposed to quit his job and go back to his family in the movie, but there was none of that, and they didn't even show charlie. I got kinda mad. CHarlie was a small character, yes, but still, they should show him. I liked it a lot, especially when Nevile was taunting the snatchers on the bridge when they were behind the force field. That was pretty epic.

overall, it was pretty good, I give it 6/5 stars.
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Number of posts : 487

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:18 pm

I did miss the Percy reunion, but at the same time, I don't know how I would have held up to actually see Fred die. Woulda killed my soul.

As far as number 2, watched it in 3D and I began batting at the air, saying, "Ewwwww, I'm getting Voldy all over me, gross!"
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:10 pm

It truly was a fantastic movie in my opinion, I think I'm going to go and see it again very soon, because I loved it : D

But Jack. I'm sorry *Cringes* but it was Grindelwald, not Gregorovitch (sp). Gregorovitch was the wandmaker.

But our cinema was screaming throughout the entire movie, not just neville moments and the legendary Mrs. Weasley moment.

I must say that I also wish that Voldemort had died properly, but at the same time it makes sense that he was so utterly destroyed by the end of it that his body could have just decomposed like that.

To me the Arriane incident would have been too out of place with the movie. Really I think that it had to keep up the action/sadness pretense from the moment they entered Gringotts, till the death of Harry. The Arriane moment was just too... not right for the setting I think. I'd love for it to be explored at some other point though.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top