You would intervene, wouldn't you?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You would intervene, wouldn't you? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You would intervene, wouldn't you?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You would intervene, wouldn't you? Empty You would intervene, wouldn't you?

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 am

After making sure he had everything in order in his office. Thaor walked slowly to the Astronomy tower. Passing a couple ghosts on his way, other than that, he didn't see a soul. Which wasn't surprising givin it was a week after the battle, no one was out and about for the last few days.

Once Thaor reached the astronomy tower, he went to the very top. The sky was clear, and many stars were in sight. He stood near the edge, and looked to the sky. This is it. He thought to himself. He pulled out his wand, and gave himself a couple scars and bruises to make it look like a duel had taken place. He sent a couple spells astray, damaging the walls, and floor. Very good. he said to himself.

He began to play his life back in his head.

His family murdered by his father, only himself and his brother Walker were left alive. His father being sent to Azkaban, where he later died. His 7th year, which he spent in extreme solitude. Studying Wand lore. Joining the order of the phoenix, fighting alongside Jess, Robert, Michael, and the whole gang. Betraying the order by joining the Death Eaters. Learning Occlumency, and legilimency. Killing Igor Karkarof on Lord Voldemorts orders. Making a horcrux. Learning everything he could about the Dark Arts. Opening a wand shop, and taking a position at Hogwarts. Making an unbreakable vow with Grindlewald. Breaking that vow to Jess, Robert and Khaat. Being braught back to life by the horcrux. Betraying the death eaters at the battle. Taking Jack Hostage, then releasing her. Being appointed Deputy Minister for Magic. It all lead to this. The only consistant thing in his life was his extreme solitude. He was always alone.

He could be lonely in a room full of people. He was constantly tired, and could never sleep. He longed to be with other people, but could never cope with company. He lost his appetite, yet ate himself fat. He always smiled to hide the pain inside. He felt his sould had died, and his body kept living. He forgot who he used to be, and no longer had interest in the things he used to love. He was always sad when nothing was wrong. He could care less if he lived or died. Yes, he was depressed, for nearly 40 straight years. Always searching for something, something he realized, he would never find. Love.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

You would intervene, wouldn't you? Empty Re: You would intervene, wouldn't you?

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:06 am

Hogwarts was a ghost town. Most people had went home, but Jack did not have a home outside of Hogwarts. She didn't know where she was supposed to go. Her parents and her brother had given up on her. Chip was gone, who knew where Elliot was? Who would take her in, really? She could get a room at Satan's... If she wanted to be psychologically tormented day in and day out.

She had taken to wandering, as though trying to memorize every nook and cranny of Hogwarts.. She did not think she would be returning.. But it was hard leaving your only home, the only place where you had not been thrown out and disowned. It had not been easy for her, obviously, but Hogwarts had always been a place she could crawl back to.

Tonight, her feet led her to the towers and she made her way up the Astronomy Tower, the famed place of Dumbledore's death. She walked up, smelling the clear air, letting it tickle her sinuses. Her eyes closed as she stepped into the tower and her eyes opened.

And boy did they open..

There looked like there had been a struggle, but it was clear, no one else was there but Thaor Elldir. Jack still did not trust him and every time she thought of him, she clenched her fists, causing the scars on her hand to appear. But she had never suspected this of him. Especially him. He was.. He was too like her. Too stubborn. "Elldir?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:32 am

Thaor had been looking over the edge of the tower when he heard a voice. One that he wish he would never hear again in his life. If a professor could have a student as a rival, she would be it. Jack. Thaor removed all emotion from his face, and turned towards her. That's Professor Elldir Ms. Dyllan. And most likely sooner than you'd think. Headmaster Elldir. Unfortunately Headmasater Doyle and I had an argument, and as you could assume by me being the only one up here, that the body at the base of the tower would be his. Thaor bluffed, nonverbally transfiguring a shrub at the bottom of the tower into a manican.

I didn't use any unforgivables, I only defended myself. He happened to be dangerously close to the edge when I hit him with a body bind, and toppled over. Not that you believe me. Thaor added.

Why are you still here Jack? All the students left days ago. Never mind, don't answer that, but you'll have to excuse me, I need to see the minister right away. The board of govenors will need to act quickly. Thaor said, turning to walk away.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Jack did not know what ability she had that made it so that when people were in their darkest hour, she found them. She did not know what ability she had that she could look into the face of a man she just about hated, the face of a man who was trying to shown no emotion, and somehow she could feel his sadness. She did not know what could make her detect an obvious lie hidden in a well-crafted story, but somehow she found it.

She let him tell his story, for it saved him the dignity of admitting to the truth. She did not bother telling him she had passed the Headmaster not five minutes ago and he had said he was headed to his room for a snack.
she watched Elldir, ignoring his correction, ignoring his lies, ignoring his question.. Concentrating on what she needed to do.

He turned to walk away and Jack acted. She moved forward and the slipped between him and the window. She pushed herself up on to the small ledge and sat down in the middle of it, turning to face inwards. Now if he tried to return to the window, she would ne there, in his way. A casual enough move, but it did the trick. And for once, she stayed silent.

(I'm working on getting her the ability of Empathy, just btw. She's not just awesome, there's an excuse for her ability)
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Thaor stared into Jack's eyes, he could tell she knew he was lying. What she did next surprised him, not the fact that she got in his way, she did that a lot, but she remained silent. Looks like it's the origional plan then Jaquellene. Thaor said, heading back towards the edge. And now that you're up here, it'll look as though you were the one pushing me over. Thaor said, giving her a wink.

He casted a shield charm between himself and her, so she would have to try very hard to stop him. He was ready, there was nothing left to live for. The one hope of love he had, abandoned him, he believed her to be dead, until she reappeared at a death eater meeting months later. Yes, he had been in love with Caelani, her betrayal sent him into the darkest time of his life since his father murdered his family.

He had tried his hardest to purge the memories of her out of his mind, but here he was, about to die, and there she was, running rampant through his mind. It was almost ironic.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Jack was still in his way, even if he had cast a charm between them. At least he had given up on this bullsh!t lie about a duel, and now they were back to the matter at hand. Thaor would now have to physically move her out of the way to be able to jump, and yet he still seemed like he would not be letting her interfere with or impede his plans any longer.

"You're not a coward," she said. She was still looking up at him, fighting for words. Just because she could somehow feel what he was feeling- this intense ache of loneliness and hopelessness, which was not foreign in her own heart- it did not mean she was any better equipped to say what needed to be said. Jack did not like people, she did not know what to say to them.

And then there was the fact that Jack did not like Thaor. Then again, she had never been fond of Vito and yet she had been unable to hate him. Vito had tried to murder her, twice, and yet she would stand between him and someone trying to hurt him. She still did not know what side Thaor was on, but in the end, sides were the least of Jack's worries. Thaor had given her her life the night of the battle.

She owed it back to him.

She cleared her voice. "I almost died twice this year." She was speaking quickly, and she couldn't stop. "Well, more times than that, actually, but I was almost murdered twice this year. That same person killed my best friend's family, the whole family. He also ruined my life. And I wouldn't wish him dead. Because I know he has his own personal demons after him. The meaner someone is, the worse those demons are."

She paused. "I've had moments myself.. But I.. I had to decide to be stubborn. You know how when people start invading your life, you decide to be mean, or stubborn, or whatever, to keep them away. That's what I did. I decided to be stubborn and to fight the demons just like I would a classmate who pissed me off, or a man who tried to kill me, or... or a professor who gave me detention." She paused. "Because, in the end, the bravest people are those who have the most to fear but never let it show. And you're not a coward."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:01 pm

Thaor stared at Jack, the emotionless look reappearing on his face. It was his turn to remain silent. Bombarda Maxima He said, blowing a hole in the wall. The hole was too big for Jack to be able to cover up all of it, and still cover the window. He approaced it, standing on the edge, and turned to face her. He decided to break the silence. Depression doesn't mean someone is weak Jaquellene, it means they've been strong for far too long. I lost everything the night I killed one of my best friends. He trusted me, I looked him in the eyes, and killed Igor Kakarof. He betrayed the death eaters. I betrayed everyone I held near and dear, Robert, Jess, Michael, everyone. I am very much so a coward Jack. Thaor said, turning around to look over the edge.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:11 pm

"I didn't say you were weak!" Jack began but he continued speaking. She fingered her wand trying to figure out a way to cover the opening, or to somehow stop him from what he wanted to do. She forced herself to swallow her words, though, and to listen obediently to what he was telling her, things she had never known about the Deputy Headmaster.

"I betrayed my best friends the night I told them I was siding with the man that had tried to kill them had tried to kill me, the man who had killed their friends and family," Jack said in a pained voice. "They were the only two people in six years on schooling to ever want to be my friends. I thought they would never forgive me. But that wasn't the problem. They forgave me. I hadn't forgiven myself. I.. I still haven't. But we're friends again.. Kind of. We're healing."

She knew it was stupid, talking about her problems, but she did not know how else to get him down than to show he was not the only one. "They'd feel more betrayed to know you gave up on yourself, because I don't think they ever gave up on you."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:51 am

Thaor looked at Jack's hand twitching on her wand. You must forgive me Jack, a student shouldn't see death at their school. However, you shouldn't be here anyways. Betrayal, is a curious thing Jack. You see, once betrayed, you never trust the person fully again. Jess Potter is a perfect example, he attemted to take my life little less than a month ago. Robert, never fully trusted me again, although he does not show it, it is obvious to me. I can see into his thoughts. Enought chit chat.

Expelliarmus! Thaor said, aiming his wand at Jack, attempting to disarm her.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:57 am

Jack was fighting a losing battle, but that had never stopped her before. Victory always came when defeat was inevitable. The world had to bring her to her knees before they would grant her any of the smallest mercies. Jack should not have been trying so hard to keep Thaor alive, but she had glimpsed into his pain, and she could not think of him as a generic bad guy anymore, now could she?

She could sense his frustration growing and at his words about cutting off the talking, she knew he was about to respond. She pulled herself out of the way, and just in time. She felt her wand start to leave her hand as the spell brushed past her, but she managed to snatch it back from the spell's grip. She looked at Thaor, knowing she was going to have to pull out all the stops.

'If you don't want to stay alive for yourself, could you do it for me?" She paused. "Just for awhile? I.. I want to be a Magizoologist. There's hardly any competent ones in the field, beside Luna Lovegood, but she's busy and, y'know, crazy." She paused. "I need some guidance."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum