Courage and Kindness
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Courage and Kindness Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Courage and Kindness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Courage and Kindness Empty Courage and Kindness

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Alexis walked up to the Owlery, a letter in her hand. She was clenching the letter hard in her left hand. It was addressed to her father. After everything that had happened to her she hadn't made contact with him, fearing that he would reject her. But now she needed to know if he was okay and if he would accept her the way she was now.

Dear Dad,
I'm sorry for not contacting you since two year. But as my siblings probably already told you, I've been turned into a werewolf. I'm probably a huge disappointment to you now and that's why you haven't contacted me either. But I never wanted this to happen, believe me. I was the victim, and I know my brothers and sisters have told you different. Except Annie maybe.

Anyways the reason I'm sending you this letter is mostly because I want to know how you are. I've been to afraid to ask anyone else, because I know they won't tell me anything. They say that you hate me as well. But I want to know.. Do you?

Love,
Alexis

Her face was wet from the tears, that had flowed down from her eyes as she wrote the letter. She didn't want her father to hate her from an accident that happened two years ago.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 570

http://simplekhroleplay.guildmmorpg.net

Back to top Go down

Courage and Kindness Empty Re: Courage and Kindness

Post by Oliver Olawale Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 am

Peter patted the pocket that held his letters as he walked towards the Owlery, whistling a jaunty tune. His parents had been sad to hear he wanted to stay at Hogwarts for his last year rather than return to Beauxbatons, but he has stayed because his friends had- initially. And now he stayed, because Amelia was here, ans she had a way of rooting him to the spot.

However, he had to stay in contact with his mother and his sister. His father heard the news from his mother, but his sister liked a special letter all to herself. He was happy to oblige her. He always worried about Olive, with her disease. MD was incurable in muggles, and there was not anything that could be done for her magically, even if the Healers would he heal his muggle sister.

He took the Owlery stairs two at a time, cheery as Peter often was, and when he barged in, he stopped to stare at the girl already inside. "Oh, sorry, I-" He stopped. He knew the girl, she was also in Ravenclaw and was the same age. "'Ello, Alexis. Are-" He stopped midword again. She was crying. "Are you alright?"
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 210
Special Abilities : Leglimancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:12 am

Alexis gave the letter to her owl, after a few minutes of debating whether or not to send it to her father, and she watched the owl fly away. She didn't know if she had made the right choice in sending the letter, but there was nothing she could do about it now. She just had one question running through her mind. Will her father actually send a letter back? She hoped he would, she wanted to talk to him badly.

Thinking about her father led to thinking about her mother. The mother who she had never met, the person who had abandoned her(or so she thought). She didn't know what could have caused her mother to leave her, and she wanted to know. But at the same time she was scared her mother would reject her if she tried to make contact with her. These thoughts caused her to cry even more than she was. Why did she have to get this life? WHat had she done?

She quickly wiped the tears from her face, when she heard soeone's voice behind her. She turned around and saw it was someone she knew. He was in the same house as her and the same year. "Hello Peter." she said, wiping her eyes again. "I-I'm fine." she said, smiling and taking her hand away from her face.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:38 am

Peter glanced behind him, checking to make sure no one else would stumble upon the crying girl, who would surely want her privacy. There was no one in sight so he did not feel too bad about closing the door behind him, knowing there was no one who would see it as a rude or unwelcoming sign. He turned back to the girl and stepped inside a little more.

He chewed his lip. This girl was his classmate so he knew her, or at least of her, but not nearly enough to know why she would be crying. He walked towards her, chewing on his lip and struggling for words. He glanced out the window and saw a disappearing owl and figured it had to do with some letter. "Well, obviously, that eez not true, as you are crying..."
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:53 am

Alexis continued to wipe her eyes, fearing if she didn't quick enough she would just break down and cry her eyes out. She already wanted to do that, but she was trying to be strong. She didn't like people watching her cry. She saw Peter close the door and looked out the window quickly to see if the owl had disappeared from sight. It was gone but it seemed like Peter had already seen it before it was far enough to not be seen. She put her hand on her forehead, she had a headache from the crying..

"Honestly, I'm fine. I just sent a letter to my... father." she said softly. "To whom I haven't talked to in a long time.." she added even quieter, so even she barely heard her words. She sniffled a little and looked down at the floor, not wanting to make eyes contact with Peter. Her eyes were red and puffy from the crying, and that was another reason why she was looking down.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:03 am

Peter nodded sympathetically, though he was unsure what more to do. He awkwardly moved forward and extended an arm, staring at his hand which seemed to sort of just, hover, hanging in the air as though not sure where to go. Finally, it seemed to decide and it met her shoulder, patting her awkwardly. His face showed more sympathy than his actions, for his eyes portrayed a sadness.

"I'm sorry, Alexis..." he offered. "Y'know... I don't get to see my sister a lot... And there's a good chance one day I'll never see her again.." He did bother to mention because she would be dying. He didn't know when but the doctors guessed sooner rather than later. "It's hard being away from family."
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top