Silk and Sinful - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Silk and Sinful - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Silk and Sinful

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silk and Sinful - Page 2 Empty Re: Silk and Sinful

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Thu May 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Zada had never been interested much in helping someone else achieve their own goals unless there was something in it for her. Zada's allegiance was to Zada. She would ally with someone else if it were profitable for herself, but her own hunger for power prevented her from totally tossing herself into any faction for any sort of unfailing loyalty because it would make her set aside her own ambitions. And while she expected that, for the most part, from those who served her, she didn't have that willingness to do it for someone else. As long as whoever she allied with had some mutual wins, she was most often good with it.

"Isaak," Zada said slowly, with some thought, "I might be willing to consider this, but the only way I will know if I can throw my lot in with him is to meet with him face to face and see if he is willing to make it worth my while. I am willing to consider it, but you know I won't do it for free. Not even if he had been Voldemort himself. Do you know if he is willing to meet with me?" So far as Zada knew, she didn't figure some recently resurrected old wizard would even know she existed.
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 114
Special Abilities : Alchemist, Unforgiveables

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mo Jansen Fri May 06, 2011 4:02 am

Isaak grinned, for this is what he had evidentially been expecting to hear from the stylish younger woman he had sent his great niece to find. He knew how she worked so he was not at all surprised by her measured and thoughtful response in the least. He bowed his head. "I, unfortunately, have been unable to arrange such a meeting. He is a difficult man to contact, but I am sure between you and my cleverly snooping ward, it should not be difficult to arrange some sort of meeting."

(sorry for lack of length)
Josie Mo Jansen
Josie Mo Jansen

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Fri May 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Zada looked at Mikaela. She clearly would not answer what her own thoughts and feelings were as long as Issak was in the room. "Then shall I trust that you will entrust your ward into my hands? At least for the moment? It does appear that one of us needs to get word to Grindlewald. Well, if I were him, I'd be looking for followers. It would appear that he has a ready made band of supporters in the Death Eaters, since their goals align, would you not think? And it is certainly no secret, nor has it been in the last 3 decades at least, that the Death Eaters headquarters are housed in the Malfoy estate. Telll me, Issak, what do you think of a carefully worded owl to him at Malfoy Manor? My thoughts are that, no matter where he actually is staying, he probably does go there. Our choices to find him otherwise are rather small, unless we decide to irk him, in which case, we are defeating our own purposes to ingratiate ourselves to him."

As for Mikaela, Zada had a very contemporary penthouse on the roof of one of the Diagon Alley buiidings. It had taken awhile to accomplish, but it was to her tastes, in clean, contemporary designs. It did have plenty of room for guests--in case she had employees or apprentices. If Isaak approved, Zada was not opposed to taking Mikaela under her wing, but Zada wanted to know what it was that Mikaela really wanted. She had seem there was a lust for something in Mikaela's eyes, but Zada wasn't sure exactly what that lust was for.
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mo Jansen Sat May 07, 2011 2:30 am

Isaak nodded, getting in tune with the words coming out of Zada's mouth, responding with, "Yes, Mikki and I believe he is looking for followers. We do believe he is cooperating with the Death Eaters but only time will tell if that alliance really lasts. The Death Eaters were Voldemort's thing, they're much too crude, too crass, to open for Grindelwald."

He considered the owl and he knocked his hand on the table. Mikki flicked her wand and summoned a quill and parchment. He quickly scrawled a note and then read, "GG. Is the company you are currently keeping enough? Willing allies are waiting." He paused. "Too vague?"
Josie Mo Jansen
Josie Mo Jansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Sat May 07, 2011 2:54 am

"No," Zada replied. "Sounds appropriate to me. Presumably if he wants to contact us he will return the owl? I suppose if he refuses, we could always do something a tad more overt. I suggest we not sign it . One moment."

She took off her silver bracelet and used a bit of magic to enlarge it enough to drape the chain around the owl's neck. She changed a couple of the elegant little dangles to symbols he would surely recognize. The Durmstrang charm, the insignia for Nuremgard, and a third with a very elegant Z on it. It was designed to attract his attention. And if Grindlewald were any sort of wizard at all, he would detect Dark Arts energies upon the bracelet. It was, after all, a rather childsplay thing for the real Grindlewald to do, but it might perhaps be a riddle for a lesser wizard. Perhaps.

"If he should decide he would kill someone, it would be best if it were merely one of us," Zada announced. "We will fare better if we provide backup for one another. Or has your style changed over the years, Issak?" She knew he frequently put someone else out in front so that he could remain behind as a hidden strategist if necessary. She thought it looked very much like he was using the same model with Mikaela, and Zada didn't want the child offered up. Not just yet. She would stand toe to toe with this old man herself. She smiled slightly, musing whether he'd come back and looked as the old man he was when Voldemort had slain him, or whether he had chosen his youthful appearance, or perhaps something else altogether. This would indeed be interesting.
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mo Jansen Sat May 07, 2011 5:06 am

Isaak bowed his head, confirming what she said regarding the owl and letter. Mikki blinked and leaned forward to watch Zada create the ring of totems that would signify to Gellert Grindelwald that they truly were allies worth investing in. Mikki sat back, chewing her lip thoughtfully, her blue eyes popping against her darkish skin and shimmering hair.

At Zada's idea about going alone, Isaak held up a hand, shaking his head. "I appreciate the off, but I do want Mikki there. I do not think either of you will be murdered by Grindelwald. You are both too intresting for your own good, he will wand to know who you are and what you can do for him. Beauty, brain, and brawn do not come every day in such small packages." He smiled. "Mikki will go with you." He looked at her and Mikki nodded. "And of course it has not changed. I will be here, doing my research and drinking more vodka."
Josie Mo Jansen
Josie Mo Jansen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Sat May 07, 2011 8:30 am

"I am not suggesting we leave her behind. Not at all. Nor do I necessarily want her hiding behind me. If she does that, she will, of course, show herself to be an utter coward, and he will off her as unnecessary baggage," Zada said, "Or at least I would." She was tired of talking about Mikki in front of her. She turned to the girl

"Mikki," she said promptly. "You are an exceptionally beautiful young woman. I want him to see you that way. We will be far more attractive to our new ally if perhaps we both look the part of being interested enough in him to dress to respect. Would you not agree, Isaak? It is, perhaps, a bit of--as the card sharks claim--stacking the deck in our favor? She glanced around the kitchen and then went to the cabinet and picked up a fresh, unopened vodka bottle. It took her only a moment to cast a portkey spell upon it. She knew Isaak would find it amusing that she was turning a bottle of his best vodka into a portkey.

She bent over and kissed the head of her old friend. "This insures we can take our leave, makes ourselves impressive to this new would-be conqueror and return to you." She smiled, "You and I, we do not ever change, do we, Issak? If we manage to pull this off, then perhaps I shall make us a proper meal of some pelmeni? I have not had it since I had it last with you. Have you taught Mikki about what you and I have found the best way to enjoy pelmeni is?"

Pelmeni had been a traditional Russian dish that Zada had cooked them when she and Isaak were in that miserably cold deep winter in St. Petersburg. It was what they had used on nights when they had had enough wages from a day's business to celebrate. Some freshly made pelmeni, with that brown butter sauce and garlic and capers that you love so well? And of course, It must be topped with the perfect dollop of creme fraiche?" The pelmeni recipe had been traditional. The sauce had been of her own design, and they had added the creme fraiche, sometimes with a bit of caviar if they had been feeling extravagant.

She knew it would bring his mind back to the sweetest evenings of that winter, when there had been a little music, a little laughter, and, yes, even a little dancing. It became something special to both of them when Zada had cooked pelmeni. It had become a code word for an evening of quiet celebration. It ended, always, when they had danced enough that they fell on the run in front of the fireplace, that they would drink vodka late into the night as the wind howled outside, until they either fell asleep on the rug, or the vodka ran out. Those were splendid evenings for Zada, and she knew Isaak had felt the same way. Or at least he looked as if he had. And by the looks of him, he had not danced or laughed in a very, very long time. He looked like he needed a reason to laugh again.

"And if we do this right," she continued to Isaak, "I believe you should send the owl..approximately-- oh...shall we say...10 minutes perhaps after we leave? That should give us enough time to prowl about my closet, find fashions worthy of being in the presence of the man who would be king, and dress appropriately to meet him. If I were Grindelwald, I would not give these who would be allies much time at all once I received such an offer. The less time I give, the more I find them in their true form. Or shall we wait until we return altogether for sending the owl. You do know I am fairly certain that any wizard with much advanced training, could have a familiar that would be able to track my magical signature to your house. Perhaps, then...we might all want to take our leave to my penthouse. Let him track us there. Issak, do you still have that impressively tailored black suit you had a couple of years ago? Or shall I buy you something perhaps a bit more contemporary and perhaps a bit more fitting of your brilliance?"

She looked at Mikki, "Run off and show me the very best you have as far as clothing to impress. I want to see you at your most beautiful best--clothes, hair, glamor spells, jewelry, impress me. Dress for the position you want, Child. Not for the one you have. Show him you are useful for much, much more than a mere foot runner. Run along and make it very quick. Otherwise, we shall find you something useful in my closet. And don't you dare look at me like I am some dried up old woman. I'll have you know my closet is one of the largest rooms in my house for a very good reason. Off with you. I'll give you two minutes, maybe three. Issak? The suit? Do you have it? You need to dress to impress as well. If Grindelwald would be king, then let us treat him, for now, as if he already were. Any objections?

As for herself, she planned on port-keying home, and changing to something far more appropriate. She was thinking of, perhaps, setting off the owl from there--from her penthouse roof garden. And then perhaps setting up a proper marker on the rooftop's garden. Something not seen from the ground, but easy enough for a wizard in the midst of following and owl to spot. It was far more ingenious than merely sending a map. She wanted to avoid a Malfoy lackey coming to find out who would dare to send such a message. She wanted to draw the man himself. However, that meant that Issak and Mikki would have to be willing to leave the safety of Isaak's kitchen. Issak would trust her that far, but would Mikki?
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:12 am

Gellert stared at the message, eyes narrowed, stroking his beard. It was clever, and he could sense a certain magic about the entire thing. He stroked the bracelet, feeling the shiver and the surge of energy he and only a select few wizards would be able to detect. Whoever had made it, had done so on purpose, to assure him they were allies. Powerful ones.

And the wording of the letter- someone had paid close attention to him to know what sort of letter would get his attention. At least one of these allies were loyal to him, perhaps more of them were. He ran his fingers along the paper and stood slowly, pushing his chair away. He made a decision and closed his eyes, concentrating. His eyes flicked open and he turned.

He was in a kitchen. A young girl sat on a counter, dressed in form-fitting dark clothing that made her look like she was trained to be a spy or an assassin. There was a more mature woman there too, looking stunning and intended to be intimidating. The last was a man, siting at the table, looking expectant.

"I answered you," Gellert said in a low, almost whispered voice. "You have a short minute to explain."
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Zada Forbes D'Eath Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:50 am

Zada had been born and raised to be poised and elegant, no matter what. She had been bred and designed to present herself as the perfect crown jewel for a powerful aristocrat. She had also been designed to be one of the deadliest women in the wizarding world, and she wore both well. She rose smoothly, with sophistication and poured Grindelwald a shot of the delicate Russian vodka. If this were truly Grindelwald, he would certainly know the finest things in life. She didn't expect him to be that well informed, after being nothing but old bones, that he would know her name or her very deadly reputation. She had counted on having to plead her case and make herself known. This would be the most deadly part of the day--at least for her.

"Relax," she said gently, handing him the fresh glass of vodka. "I"m sure you know this brand. Its worth the savoring." And then she stood toe to toe with him and stared him straight in the eyes. "And so am I. If I had wanted to kill you, you'd have been dead before you could have even fully apparated. I'm Zada Forbes. My friends here are hard core loyalists to you and your cause. They sent for me--to tell me you need some allies. Someone with a bit of intelligence and some skill. They're both good. They're very good." She paused and gave him a small wry smile. "But I'm better. Make it worth my time, and I might well be interested in helping you." She sipped her own glass of vodka with refined grace, her eyes never breaking contact with his.
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Zada Forbes D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mo Jansen Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:29 am

Mikki was amazed, astounded. She slid off the counter and was so close to him, so close to the man her entire life revolved around. She took a step forward, but Isaak's arm shot out. He turned slowly to look at her and he let Zada say her bit. Mikki bowed her head, closing her eyes respectfully, and let her uncle take the handle on this one.

"Hello. My name is Isaak Gerofsky and I used to be among the ranks of your followers. My family and I hail from Russia, we all attended Durmstrang. The Hallows run in our blood. We are loyal. My niece here has been raised under your shadow, with your name." She felt his hand tighten and she raised her head, watching her uncle's arm move.

She slowly approached, feeling as though she were approaching him at the end of a long tunnel. She bowed her head as she grew level with him, her hair falling into her face. In a low voice, so quiet no one else could hear she said, "Grindewald. I am here for your bidding. You point, I go. You command, I do."
Josie Mo Jansen
Josie Mo Jansen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top