Death Eater Meeting - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Death Eater Meeting - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Death Eater Meeting

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Death Eater Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Eater Meeting

Post by Remy Devaul Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:26 am

Remy couldn't help but appreciate Grindelwald's plan of attack. It was exactly the kind of subtle takeover Remy practiced in achieving her own endeavors, and it seemed she wasn't the only one to realize just how effective it could be. First, align yourself with their ideas, get what you need, and then you have one of two options: teach them to want the same things you want, or take all you can and get out. It had worked many times for Remy in t he past, and she saw no reason for it not to work now.

Smirking to herself, Remy idly watched the brief exchange between Sandra and Caelani, not really all that interested. Caelani's antics were beginning to tire Remy. They had been amusing earlier, but now they were getting tedious. She allowed her mind to turn over the idea of Grindelwald's plan a few more times until Thoar spoke, giving them all more specific instructions.

How ironic… Remy thought as Thoar announced she would be paired with the over-aggressive minx and the frizzy-haired blonde that looked like she was walking in a dream rather than in the reality in which the rest of the world existed. The two people in the room with whom she would probably work least well, and yet… it was probably an appropriate choice for tailing Jess. He had a soft spot for women, a trait Remy had exploited of him earlier, and she was sure Marla would be all too anxious to ride in on that bandwagon. As for Naomi… maybe she could win them a sympathy vote on behalf of her particular brand of crazy.

“Sounds good to me,” Remy said enthusiastically, wasting no time getting up from the table. Grindelwald’s plan sounded like something that might actually get the Death Eaters going again, even if it meant they had to pretend to be defeated in order to get there. And her assigned task for the plan was right up her alley: get in close with a powerful man in order to gain something from him. The fact that she had two tag-alongs wasn’t exactly her style, but maybe if she could prove herself useful enough, she would get permission to work Jess alone in the future.

“It was a pleasure meeting you,” Remy said, looking directly at Grindelwald with a tone of actual sincerity in her voice. It was not some long-lost emotion coming through – Remy was altogether certain none of those would ever exist within her – but rather an appreciation for what he brought to the table. He was going to be useful, if not to her directly, than to the Death Eaters, which would in turn benefit her.

“I’ll meet you girls there,” Remy remarked to Marla and Naomi as she grabbed her jacket from the back of the chair and headed for the door, “I’ve just got to pick up a few things first.”

She had nothing to pick up, of course, but if she left with the group that would mean demonstrating her inability to apparate, which was just one link in a very long chain that could eventually lead to some rather unflattering information about Remy, at least as far as the magical world was concerned. So in her own interest, Remy left the room before anyone else, descending the steps of the manor to her motorbike, hidden in the bushes, and after kicking it alive disappeared down the street into the darkness on her way to Sparks.

((I started the thread for us. You can find it here.))
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:23 pm

"Oh goody," Sandra said dryly. "I do so enjoy sitting back and plotting. Make me feel like an evil mastermind." She looked up at the ceiling and absently took a sip of whatever was in her glass - it had a nutty flavor, and it burned her throat as it went down, and Sandra decided she liked it. "You just don't get as many of those these days," she mumbled.
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Wake Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:44 am

Alan Wake stood forward, ignoring the looks and assuming stares of any of the Death Eaters. He was not one of them. He was ready to make it quite clear. But rather than leave to make the statement, Alan simply played along. Pride served no purpose. He had learned that long ago. He walked towards the central conspirators, his brow furrowed.
Grindelwald's facade was delicate enough without him confidently standing before crowds and spouting out a haughty, poorly detailed plan to comfort his audience. The move to target Jesse Potter- now THAT was a move Alan could approve of. But the choices of his members reflected poorly on Elldir's judgment. There were certainly crafty, capable Death Eaters hiding amongst the assortment of witches and wizards that were not so well-recognized.

Regardless, Alan Wake remained silents as he joined his creation, Elldir and the woman that started it all.
My, how fate weaves its web.
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:12 pm

It had become apparent to Vincent that this wouldn't be just another meeting where they would argue and discuss for hours and then reach no conclusion. This man, Henry Windsor as Thoar had called him, was the reason for the meeting. A fool could detect that, but Vincent had already sensed the power from the man, he wasn't just any ordinary wizard. As the man began to introduce himself, Vincent noticed the casual way he said the Dark Lord's name - a mark of a powerful wizard. Few dared to say his name, especially when surrounded by a ring of Death Eaters.

Gellert Grindelwald? thought Vincent. He was skeptical at first, hadn't Grindelwald died over 20 years ago? And as far as he knew, there wasn't another wizard with the same name. But yet, it made sense... Vincent had sensed the power after all. Who else could it be? Fear was not an expression Vincent often felt, but at that table he was rather scared and awed. His expression, though, remained guarded, showing just a little bit of surprise.

However,Vincent supposed this was exactly what the Death Eaters needed. Not many wizards or witches could keep a group like them together, and that was why they had been on the backfoot ever since Voldemort had died. This man though, could change everything. Vincent listened to his plan eagerly, keen to hear what his plan was. Overall, Vincent was quite impressed. It wasn't the usual, kill everyone approach the Death Eaters usually took. This was a more subtle approach, and Vincent believed it would actually work.

With just one small problem.

The ministers position was his to take. Vincent had become obsessed with it, after all he had been trying to get it for around two to three years now. The position had constantly eluded him, and now Vincent was quite sure that Grindelwald would succeed and take it. That dream was vanishing fast. The truth was that, assuming he would succeed,Vincent didn't think he had much to gain from Grindelwalds victory here. He did not want to be a pawn after all.

Nevertheless, it wasn't like he could do anything about it, at least not now. So for the moment, he would just stay with the Death Eaters, and see how things went.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue May 03, 2011 3:33 am

Thaor waited for all the 'nobody's' to leave before he spoke once more. Now that they are gone. We have some things to discuss. You may be asking why you are here, and not out doing some pointless errand. I hope the answer to that is obvious. You are here because you have potential. Thaor said as he looked one by one, at everyone in the room.

Now, realizing that battles, quite often mean death. I am in search for a second in command, someone who will be the heir to my position shall I die. You see, if I die, or disappear, I do not want the same thing to happen to the Death Eaters that has since the vacancy of this position by Lord Voldemort, a long period of indecisiveness, no one knowing who will take charge, what our goals shall be, the works. I want each of you, to tell me why you should get this position, if you don't want it, fine. Say so. I won't think differently of you, I wouldn't want it either. He continued as he stood. I still ask that you all stay here even if you don't seek my position. We have decisions to make, and you are not here by coincidence. You are all, the inner circle. You each will oversee certain things, that will be determined later tonight. Thaor said with a smile, as he took his seat.

Who wants to go first? Thaor asked.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Wed May 04, 2011 4:42 am

She had potential like a schoolgirl whose mettle was untested and she'd be better bested by the man who sat across from her at Thaor's right-or-left hand side. Caelani thought this preposterous, but she refrained from making comment, for she'd run off at the slightest challenge so she was hardly in a position to make demands.

Instead, she slid her seat back, happy as it made contact with the hardwood floorboards which it surely must have damaged. At least, that's what she assumed from the grating noise they made.

"I think we can all agree," said she, "that your successor should not be me."

Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top