Locomotion
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Locomotion  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Locomotion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Locomotion  Empty Locomotion

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:08 pm

With unsteady hands, Elijah began to button up plum purple coat that fell to his daughter’s knees. He was knelt down on the marble floor before her, ignoring the looks of exasperation from the House Elves that had washed and ironed the trousers he was wearing that very morn. Her socks, he’d pulled up to her thighs that morning. She was wearing a pinafore-type dress that was an off white that reminded Elijah of the emeralds that hung from his mother’s earlobes during a winter gala one year. He was young and Cecilia younger still. He doubted she’d remember but he did. He remembered it as if it were yesterday. She’d worn a black dress that hugged her figure. It reached the floor but not enough to drag, just enough to caress. Elijah remembered thinking her the most beautiful woman in the world; until of course he was told by his grandfather that it was his mother. The man had seen the crestfallen look on Elijah’s face and began to tell the boy a tale, one that was brought to life and recited in such detail in her diary.

Yes, the diary; the diary that was burning a hole, figuratively, in the dark leather satchel hanging from Elijah’s shoulders. The locket that was ice cold against his chest seemed to call to the odd book that held the last connection he had to his mother. He had a feeling that both were made by a man named Alois Franko. He was highly appraised by Marina if Elijah remembered rightly and he could recall seeing the man at one of the balls she threw wearing a necklace similar in design to the locket. Elijah knew that if Alois didn’t make the items then he knew the person that did. The only thing standing in Elijah’s way was the hundreds of miles between Sofia and the tiny village on the Swiss-Austrian border where the man lived. He got around that quite easily, though. He’d gone through the family inventory and found that they had cottage of sorts in their possession, one that sat on the banks of the Rhine. He’d noted at the time that it had last been inhabited by Fitzgerald Krum, fondly referred to as ‘Fitzy’, in the early twentieth century. Elijah had yet to look at the tree and find out exactly where ‘Fitzy’ fit in. His soul goal at present was to find Franko and until he did, he wouldn’t be content.

It was that desire that brought Elijah to this moment. His hands had steadied and were picking up pace as he buttoned up Fauve’s coat. Once he was done, he reached down and pressed down the clasps on her shoes. He looked up at her and smiled a little although it soon fell from his lips. “Are you ready?” He asked quietly. His voice was tired, drawn yet still as sultry as ever. Fauve nodded and he took the hat from her hands. He placed it upon the fountain of curls falling from her scalp and let the white, satin ribbons fall against the plum coat. She smiled brightly at Elijah and held up her arm so he could look at the charm bracelet that hugged her wrist. A giggle left her lips and she hopped away from her father. She bounced over to where Harry was stood and he picked her up. Elijah, unconsciously deciding to remain on the floor, watched with a thoughtful expression on his face. Harry set Fauve down and murmured something in her ear. She grinned and ran off in the direction of the kitchen, giving Harry and Elijah time to themselves.

“You didn’t mention Austria,” Harry began the conversation by stating the obvious. Elijah winced. He’d hoped to perhaps get away with going and not having to say anything to his cousin. He knew that Arlene wouldn’t be able to keep her mouth shut. He didn’t know why he’d told her really. She adored her eldest son; if she knew something he didn’t she would gladly fill him in. “Yesterday when we were sat at the dinner table, when everyone was drinking and eating, you didn’t think to mention you were leaving?” Harry asked heatedly, his gaze accusatory. Elijah sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “Elijah do not ignore me!” Harry hissed. Elijah’s eyes darted to meet his cousin’s. For the first time ever, he was afraid of what he was going to find there. “I only wanted a goodbye,” Harry’s anger disappeared and turned to sadness, making guilt flood Elijah.

Sighing again, Elijah began to play with one of the many rings on his fingers. “I didn’t want to say goodbye.” Elijah admitted quietly, avoiding Harry’s dark, penetrating gaze that was becoming steelier by each passing moment. Elijah found himself getting up and walking towards his cousin. Harry took the young man into his arms without question and Elijah rested his head against his cousin’s chest. “I am afraid to say goodbye to you, Harry. It means so much to say goodbye. I have said goodbye to too many people. It is not a meaningless word that so many speak. It is finality.” Harry opened his mouth to speak but Elijah cut him off, looking up at him. “Not always though.” Harry closed his mouth and nodded, smiling slightly. Elijah put his hand on Harry’s cheek and tilted the elder man’s face to his. Elijah placed a kiss at the corner of Harry’s lips before stepping away. “Goodbye,” he murmured.

Harry blinked in surprise at Elijah. His hand reached for the banister and once it had found it, he began to climb the stairs backwards. He smiled all of a sudden, though. “Get me something nice won’t you?” He requested as he climbed the marble. Elijah laughed and nodded. “Good! I want a big hat!” he exclaimed with a sudden grin. When he reached the top of the half landing, Harry turned and began to climb the rest. Before reaching the top however, he turned and leaned over the side to speak to Elijah. “Thierry is with Chase by the way.” He called before darting out of sight, no doubt to return to whatever studies he’d been doing prior to seeking Elijah out.

The Bulgarian smiled to himself and looked over at the luggage the House Elves (and Gavrilo) had brought down that morning. He pushed the cuffs of his shirt and blazer back to look at the time. It read twenty-five to eleven. They had twenty-five minutes before their train left for Serbia. It would cut through the country and enter Bosnia. They’d stop in Sarajevo and then from there change train’s and go straight through Croatia and Slovenia to Austria. Then finally, once they reached Graz, they’d get one more train that would take them to the Swiss-Austrian border village where the house and the man were situated. Elijah was nervous. They had a long trip ahead of them, one that the children would either sleep through or enjoy immensely. Elijah hoped for a bit of both and he made sure they’d take time off in Sarajevo and Graz to stretch their legs before hopping back on a train. Elijah was prepared...somewhat.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Locomotion  Empty Re: Locomotion

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:06 am

Chase pulled on her hat and looked down at Thierry before bending down and buttoning up his coat. Elijah had literally told her last night when they had been alone before bed, that they were going on a trip in the morning. She wasn't quite sure where, but this morning he had woken her up really early, and she had started getting the kids ready. It was almost eleven now, and they didn't have much longer until they had to be out of the house in order to catch their train, another oddity with Elijah today, seeing as they could easily apparate to where they wanted to go, but instead they were taking the train.

Chase smiled at Thierry, and then shook her head. "I have no idea what is going on in your father's head right now..." She said softly, glancing over her shoulder at the door, behind which Elijah was getting Fauve ready to leave. "But I'm worried for him.. keep an extra close eye on him for me Thierry.. please?" She said softly and turned to look at her son with large eyes. "He does scare me when he gets into these states." She said softly and then shook her head again. In truth, she was just about the same age as Thierry mentally. He was older then he should be, and she was younger then she should be. So they matched up, and she valued his opinion highly. "Did he happen to tell you where he was taking us? He literally told me that we were just leaving.." She said and then bent down to tie her shoe while still looking up at Thierry.

Chase looked up when Henry passed the room, and the sighed. "Guess that's our cue to go downstairs then eh?" She asked softly and handed Thierry his hat before standing up completely and giving a soft groan as she had to hoist herself up, her hand automatically going to her back to help give it that little extra support that it needed. She was getting quite large in the middle, and it was plainly obvious that she looked great pregnant, but it was hitting her quite hard at this time, what with the extra weight in the front that hadn't been there before, it often hit skinnier girls harder anyway, because it was a lot of weight to carry around that they hadn't had before. "Lets go.." She said softly, more to herself then to Thierry as she walked downstairs and into the entrance where Elijah was with Fauve. She went up to him and grinned. "We all ready?" She asked, smiling up at him lightly, wishing she could make his frown go away.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:49 am

When Fauve returned from the kitchen, her lips were brown. Elijah frowned a little and sank down onto his knees to get a better look at her. He smiled when he realised that it was chocolate and he leaned forward to lick the smudge off of her cheek. She giggled and Elijah licked his lips, smiling. “It’s good. What was it, cake?” Fauve nodded and Elijah licked his thumb. He rubbed it across Fauve’s lips and around them to get rid of the chocolate. “Did your uncle give it to you?” Elijah asked her. He looked up and smiled at Finn who was stood in the doorway of the kitchen, eating a slice of the chocolate cake his mother had made that same morning. Fauve giggled and Elijah rose to his full height, bringing her with him. She laughed and he set her on his hip, allowing her to see from the height he did. “Excited?” He asked her softly, kissing her on the nose. Fauve giggled again and nodded, making her father smile. “I love you, Fauvie.” He reminded her quietly. “I haven’t said it enough these last few days and I’m sorry.” Fauve nodded and kissed Elijah on the cheek, mumbling ‘I love you too’ in his ear. Elijah took her hand in his larger one and squeezed it gently.

The sound of footsteps on the staircase caught Elijah’s attention and he looked up to see Chase walking down the stairs. Thierry was behind her, looking awfully put out by the hat that was on his head. Elijah smirked, knowing the boy was far more used to berets than he was any other type of hat. Anything else would be far too uncomfortable and the look on Thierry’s face told his father all he needed to know. Elijah walked towards Thierry when the boy reached the floor and he took the hat off of his head. Thierry gave a sigh of relief and ran his long, spindly fingers through his hair. He shook it and smiled thankfully at his father. Elijah handed Thierry the cap and murmured for him to at least put it on when they got to the station. Sofia’s international train station was large, old and incredibly grand. It was also windy. It was the reason why many people wore hats there. It kept their hair in check. Often though, hats were lost. There was a whole room dedicated to lost ones.

“I think we are,” Elijah said in response to Chase’s question. He ran a hand through Thierry’s hair, much in the same way he’d done the night they’d first met, and sorted it out for the boy. Thierry smiled in thanks and Elijah returned it, but only slightly. He then looked at his watch. Twenty to eleven. They had plenty of time. Elijah put Fauve down and walked over to help the House Elves, who had transfigured themselves into butlers of sorts, take the suitcases outside. The car was waiting. The horn was enough indication of that. Elijah picked up Chase’s suitcase as well as Fauve’s and gestured to the double doors that were opened by the real butler. “Ready to go?” He asked, looking out of the doors at the old fashioned motor car that had turned up. He wasn’t entirely fond of the idea of using a car but it was the quickest way to the station so he wasn’t going to complain. Apparation wasn’t something he was going to chance where Chase and Kitty were concerned. Plus, trains were his favourite mode of transport.

When Elijah turned, Thierry watched his father’s movement. The man was tired both mentally and physically. He wasn’t sleeping. Instead he was occupied by something else. Whatever he was doing at night most definitely wasn’t sexual by any stretch of the imagination. No, instead it was mental; intellectual stimulation. “I wouldn’t worry so much,” Finn spoke from the doorway and Thierry looked over, not realising that the man was there. “Be thankful he’s thinking with his head and not whatever is below his belt buckle so to speak.” Finn continued, walking into the foyer with a tea-towel slung over his shoulder. He smiled at Chase and looked over her. “Getting big now isn’t she?” he commented on Kitty as his smile widened. “Just go with whatever Elijah’s planning. His head is in a completely different dimension but his mind is still on one straight track. He knows where he wants to be and he’s going to be agitated until he gets there. Distract him, love.” Finn winked at Chase and held a bag out for her. “Cookies, cupcakes, more cupcakes, fairy cakes...you name it, it’s in there. Let the kids go wild. Have fun won’t you?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:39 am

Chase smiled when Elijah looked at her, and then stepped away from him, watching the little hat interaction with him and Thierry. Of course he wouldn't like that hat... She should have asked him.. there were some things one could only learn in time.. and this was one of them.. Thierry liked barets, and Chase hadn't known that of course, but she would be sure to make sure to talk to Thierry some more in the future, ask him those little things that people usually learned over the course of a lifetime, that she had missed learning because she hadn't even known Elijah before. They would never look at her in the same way as they did Elijah, for one because he had saved them from the streets, and for two he was the fun parent, and she was the one that made sure everyone was safe and cared for.

Chase looked up at Finn when he spoke and she smiled slightly."Sometimes I almost wish he were thinking with that member.. at least he looks at me when he's thinking down there." She said softly, her eyes watching Elijah from a distance. "When he's in these states, it's almost like I'm not here.. and it bothers me slightly, even though I try to distract him.. he stares off into the distance a sad look on his face." She said softly, shaking her head before she smiles and looked up at Finn again, who was speaking about her belly. "Yes.. big and heavy... I've gained quite a bit of weight, and I swear she should be done growing by now.. but I still have a LOT of weight to gain before I'm at what I should be.. I'm not used to it you know.. the weird weight in the front.." She said smiling and running her hand through her flyaway red hair.

When Finn handed her the small pack of food, she smiled at him and moved to him, kissing him on the cheek before she took it. "Thank you.. It's much appreciated, this way they may turn their attentions away from their father for a moment so he can get some rest from there." She said with a small smile. "I guess I should go.. take care of yourself Finn, I'll send you an owl when we get there so you all will know we made it safely okay?" She said and taking the pack, walked over to the family again, running her fingers through Thierry's hair once before ruffling Fauve's hair and heading out into the cold to get into the car quickly, while the wind was down some.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:40 am

Distraction was all Elijah needed but Finn understood how hard it was. He often wondered how Harry did it but Elijah was so put off by Adric’s eldest at times that he was easy to distract. Finn nodded in comprehension. “Yes,” he murmured, casting his eyes out of the doors to look at Elijah who was placing the bags systematically in the boot of the car. “He might not look at you but he knows you’re there. He wants you to be there, that’s the thing. If he didn’t, he wouldn’t have had you there. He’s treating the children with absence. Just watch his eyes. They’re glazed over. He’s working on two different levels. His mind is thinking ahead and his body is continuing in the present. There was an emotional stunt there somewhere in him. 2015 would be a good bookmark for you. Asking about Miss Anderson may be a bad time but it might be a good shot. With any luck, his mouth might be working on its own. It might be willing to divulge even if he isn’t. If you do find out what happened – do tell. We’d all love to know. There’s only so much he’s willing to say and that is barely anything.” Finn smiled. “Good luck and make sure to sleep on the trains. It’s a long journey. Also, mind the ice. Austria is still caked with snow you know.”

Elijah slammed the boot of the car and walked around to open the door for Chase and the children. Once they were all in, Elijah followed, the driver closing the door behind him. Elijah sat down on the expensive leather and pulled at the chain around his neck. He took the locket into his hand and ran his thumb over the engravings. He flicked it open and found that this time there was a picture of a baby in there. Elijah watched as the child was picked up and held in the air. It began to laugh and kick its feet. The person holding it span around and the picture panned out as the child was brought down into the arms of a young woman. Elijah felt his breath catch in his throat as once again he was greeted by his young mother. He didn’t know who the child was though. She’d not held either of her children yet...why would there be a baby at the manor if it wasn’t he or Cecilia at the time? Elijah closed the locket and sighed.

“Our room is right on the river,” he told Chase as the car began to move. “The house is situated in the perfect place, I promise you. It’s away from the village but within walking distance. I’ve never been there myself. It’ll be an experience for all of us I think.” Elijah glanced out of the window and began to watch as the driver took them through the woodland that surrounded the manor. “I am sorry I sprung this on you.” He said, turning back to Chase. “I just want to get away for a while. I feel suffocated here.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum