Looking for trouble - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Looking for trouble - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Looking for trouble

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for trouble

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:49 am

But that is where you err my little friend. See, Kingsley isn't actually dead. *points to the orange color coding in the name* See if he was dead that would be purple/gray, but he's alive, and it is therefore... orange. Or you could say that the color coding is orange, and therefore he;s alive. Either way, from this, we can logically conclude that Kinglsey has in fact, been resuructed. Or well, he might of never died...
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:02 am

Yeah, unforgivable only work if the caster really means it. Perhaps Vincent didn't really want to kill you? *rolls eyes*
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Orla Hughes Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:00 pm

I don't mind in actual fact.
Onlooker/Tish's helper works but Trowa could also be pranked.
Orla Hughes
Orla Hughes
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Wake Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Had Vincent bore no intention of eliminating you from power, Mr. Kinsley, I doubt he would have even utilized the Killing curse on you in the first place. I have yet to see any evidence that not having the intention of killing the target has limited the effects of such a curse. Perhaps that is why they are unforgivable- once cast, they only bear one specific effect. The Killing Curse, sadly, is like a gun.

Therefore, I rarely utilize the unimaginative power of death in my proceedings. There are far more useful spells for such a situation. Regardless, you did appear as a ghost on multiple occasions during the course of this roleplay. But I assume that James, in his lenient manner, would disregard such occurrences.

As for you, Mr. McMillan- you may aid this "Tish" if you wish.
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:35 am

That is a logical argument Wakey, but that still doesn't solve the problem. See, one way or another, Kingsley IS alive. Because, if you noticed, my username is in orange, which is the graduates color. Now the graduates are usually considered as alive and hence, Kingsley is alive as well. So the question is not if he is dead or alive (which was what you and Vincent were answering) but WHY is he alive.

As to that question, there are thousands of answers. Perhaps Vincents avada kedavra spell missed, but Kingsley faked his death. Perhaps the green light was a different spell. Perhaps he had a horcrux? Yes, there was also a possibility that vincent did not mean to kill Kingsley, but your logical argument sort of ruins that. However, perhaps Vincent was too weak to kill Kingsley with a simple spell like that?

Alas, with so many solutions, it is better if we ignore the problem in the first place and give no exact reason as to why Kingsley is alive. We will just need to accept the fact that Shacklebolt is in fact, fortunately or unfortunately, back. >=D
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:56 am

My personal theory:

Kingsley=Jesus

Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Hmm, its possible...

Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Ok, guys. Where do you want this to begin, and Keith, what prank do you plan on playing?
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:53 am

I was thinking maybe trapping some people in the library or an empty classroom via age line. Only hitch is where Keith would get an age line...
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:02 am

... Well he certainly has the funds from his little "illicit" ventures in the universe of Junkies.
How about you just have him steal a book from my collection? I never really invested in securing the few belongings I leave in my dorm.

James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top