You don't want to watch me die, I just came to say... - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You don't want to watch me die, I just came to say... - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You don't want to watch me die, I just came to say...

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You don't want to watch me die, I just came to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: You don't want to watch me die, I just came to say...

Post by Peter Howard Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Ollie dropped his bag onto the floor and walked over to the hole in the wall. He stuck his head through, bracing himself on what was left of the wall, and looked down. Sure enough, there on the floor lay a werewolf; constant in the form it died in. Ollie sighed and leaned over, placing his fingers to the wolf’s neck just in case there was any hope. There wasn’t. He sighed again and stepped away. He turned around and crossed the room to where Ariel and Jack were. He leaned down and took his wand from his pocket, using non-verbal Accio to call the bag to him. Ollie unzipped it and took out some cleaning supplies. He rolled Ariel over and frowned a little upon seeing his friend’s face. He walked his fingers down the length of the claw marks, his eyebrows coming together in confusion and then comprehension.

“He doesn’t usually fight with them,” Ollie told Jack as he unscrewed a bottle of sterile liquid that would help prevent infection. That was the last thing Ariel needed though the chances in the shack were climbing as they knelt there. “He usually breaks them up though. He’ll get a few scratches. This is nothing compared to what some of them get and they don’t get medical attention. You look at some of them and you know. There mightn’t be any indication but poorly healed scars and gaping holes that just won’t close do tend to give it away.” Ollie smiled ruefully and put the cloth to the mouth of the bottle. He turned it upside down, wetting it, before righting it once more and taking it away. He dabbed it on Ariel’s facial wounds and handed Jack the bottle. He took another cloth from the bag and gestured to the other wounds that the dogs had been kind enough to give. “I’d start on them. We’ve got to get him out of here soon because they’ll come back for the body.” He looked at his watch. “I’d give it a few hours. It’d mean time to regroup and such before Fenrir dispatches someone.”
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

You don't want to watch me die, I just came to say... - Page 4 Empty Re: You don't want to watch me die, I just came to say...

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:20 am

Jack watched Ollie move over to the hole in the wall and she watched him, realizing she had forgotten that thee body of the dead werewolf was still there. It would not smell on the first day, she knew that much, but otherwise she wondered what would become of the creature. She had a feeling he would not be abandoned. Somehow, the werewolves had acted like this was not over yet, there was still work to be done.

She glanced down at Ariel while Ollie was distracted by the body of the werewolf that Ariel had slain during their fight. She brushed back the hair that was plastered to his forehead and smoothed it down, tussling it slightly so it did not stick. She smiled slightly and glanced up at Ollie as the Ravenclaw approached. He rolled Ariel over and began to inspect.

Jack listened to his words and then took the rag he handed her, beginning to dab the wounds on his back and his limbs. "He really didn't have a chance to just break it up. They seemed like really meant business. They also tried messing with me but he wouldn't let them." She chewed her lip and sighed, continuing to dab at the wounds with more determination. "It was probably a bad idea, tagging along, huh?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:29 pm

The idea of Ariel having to engage in a fight was ultimately quite a thrilling prospect for Ollie who had never, ever seen the blonde fight before. He was the chieftain's son, no one questioned him unless they wanted a public undressing. Trent received a private one though, and instead met his end. Ariel had clearly born the brunt of canine-based attacks. Ollie shook his head and continued to dab at the claw wounds on Ariel's face. "The silly sod," he tutted. "It probably wasn't one of his better ideas, no, but it turned out in your favour. I mean, you're alive aren't you? It shows he's doing his job. He wanted you here so it was his job to protect you whether or not either of you wanted to or not. There is a good chance," Ollie brushed some of Ariel's hair out of the way, "That he was fighting in your interest. If they were coming after anyone then it was going to be the human. Ariel is rarely with the pack. He's more interested in the female centaurs," Ollie blanched before flushing pink, "D-don't t-tell him I told you that...please? It's not him -- not really -- it's the dog. The dog likes the centaurs; especially the female ones. He's a, um, a bit of a player among them. Both the dog and Ari are completely uninterested in the pack girls but love harassing the centaurs. Ironic really seeing as they try and shoot him half of the time. Meh, C'est La Vie." Ollie shrugged and grinned.
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:51 am

Jack shrugged, "Yeah, but it was my fault they showed up." She chewed her lip as she continued on dabbing at his wounds and the cuts, wiping away the dried blood. She hated knowing that she had caused Ariel any trouble. Jack did not like causing trouble unless it was fun and intentional. This was not her favorite type of trouble, this was the sort of trouble she had managed to get herself into all summer and she was not eager for the same kind.

Jack listened to Ollie and then laughed at his words. "Ah, but I want to be able to tease him about that. I would love to have that against him," she said, laughing. Her eyes traveled down to Ariel, pale and at the ground at their feet and her laughter faded away, drifting off as she felt a little sobered by it. "I won't tell him you told me that."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Ollie shook his head and put his cloth in the back pocket of his jeans. “I highly doubt that. They were going to go looking for him anyway. You just helped. They would have found him anyway, have no fear of that.” Ollie smiled ruefully and moved Ariel’s arms slightly. He hooked his forearms underneath Ariel’s armpits and lifted the boy up slightly. Then, Ollie began to get to his feet. As gangly and tiny as he was, years of picking Ariel up had done him some good and he hoisted the unconscious werewolf onto his shoulder without trouble. Ollie cleared his throat slightly and tapped Ariel’s stomach, knowing he was ticklish there. There was no movement, no squirming. Ollie chuckled. “He’s going to be out until the matron wakes him up.” He told Jack. “Bless him, he’s sleepy.”

Ollie gestured to the bag and smiled at Jack. “Don’t think you could carry that do you? I’ve got the big lug. Unless of course you want to swap?” He joked. “We better get him to the hospital wing before the pack turns up, eh?”

(Feel free to godmod, love!)
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 am

Jack chewed on the inside of her cheek irritably, still angry with herself for endangering Ariel anymore than he already was. She knew she was going to beat herself up over this for the next few nights, or whenever she had some time to spare about mulling over everything. She knew it would not do to let herself get all in a tizzy over it, but she also knew there was only practical things to deal with now so she had better get to it.

Ollie went about gathering Ariel from his slumped position on the floor and, again, Jack felt rotten and useless and she felt the compulsive need to help, to do something that made her presence needed. Ollie told her t get the bag and joked that they could always swap. She paused on her way to the bag and then turned, walking over to Ollie and Ariel, gently pushing Ollie away and grabbing Ari. "I got the bug lug. I trust the bag won't be too much?"

She shifted Ariel, swinging one of his arms around her and then continuing down and out of the house and through the tunnel, leaving Ollie to follow. Finally, she felt needed. She was exhausted, yes, but the fact that she was helping was more than enough to make up for it. She emerged on the grounds after a long trek and glanced back. "Still with us Ollie?" she asked, before continuing on, smacking the knot as she went.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Ollie could only do but watch as the redhead lifted the unconscious werewolf onto her own back. Ollie admired her spunk. It would be something to tease Ariel about later, too. Ollie was sure his friend wouldn’t appreciate Jack carrying him to the hospital wing. He was, in her defence, in a state and Ollie wanted to look at him carefully, even if it was from behind, to see if there were any signs of internal damage hanging around. Apart from the obvious repercussions of the fight, nothing appeared to be wrong with him. The nightmares did concern Ollie slightly. He could remember some of Ari’s nightmares from the few times he slept at his house during their childhood. They’d ceased since adolescence took over and Ariel had said once that they’d never be natural nightmares if they did return – they’d be caused magically. Ollie was worried that this was what his friend had been talking about.

Ariel, despite being a bastard, was intuitive. He knew what was going to happen to him. He could weigh the pros and cons. It would be interesting to see what he thought about the fight. Maybe Ariel would look on it positively. It showed Fenrir something the man had been looking for in Ariel. It showed his father that he could and he would kill to protect something. If Fenrir could transfer that loyalty to that pack then it would be good news for both the pack and Ariel. Ollie just hoped Ariel was going to be sensible about it. The fight was good news for him. Whatever doubt Fenrir had of him was gone, now. Well, Ollie could only guess but he hoped it was that change and not something awful.

“Uh-huh,” Ollie beamed at Jack. “The bag is just fine by the way. How’s sleeping beauty?” Ollie came into the light of the early morning and smiled at Ariel who was slumbering away, oblivious to the goings on around him. “Poor little puppy.” Ollie cooed. “He’s quite cute when he’s asleep. It’s a shame about him when he’s awake though.”

Ollie could be slightly rude about his friend when he was out of action. Both boys knew it was only in jest as they loved each other dearly and it always made Ariel snicker when someone recounted Ollie’s ballsy quips to him later.

As they entered the castle, Ollie couldn’t help but anticipate the feeling his bed would bring. It would feel wonderful and he couldn’t wait until he could sleep. The infirmary beds were the next best things though and Ollie was contemplating pitching up in one of the beds near Ari’s. It would work...maybe. The matron wouldn’t kick him out. Ollie would advise that Jack made Ari squidge over a bit though. There was no telling what the matron would do with the redheaded Gryffindor. Probably keep her and love her and feed her like the matron did with the boys. That was another thing Ollie wanted: food.

“Bugger this for a bunch of bananas...”

Ollie sprinted down the hall, passing his unconscious and conscious friends, and threw himself against the doors of’ the infirmary. They swung open and he tumbled through, losing his balance, falling to the floor and sliding across it. He ended up in a clump at the feet of the matron, much to his dismay. Ollie peaked up at her and smiled innocently.

“Banana for me?” he questioned slowly. “We got Ari-puppy...well, Jack has him and- OW!” Ollie jumped to his feet, holding his hand against his chest. “What the bloody hell was that for!?” This time, the nurse clapped him around the back of the head. “Bloody hell woman! Stop hitting me!”

“Well in future, you take Ariel and the bag!” The matron exclaimed, her eyes flashing with irritation. Her face broke out into a smile when she saw Jack and Ariel though. “Oh! Let me help you dear. Here, sit him down there. The poor baby...has he had a rough night?”
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Jack grinned at Ollie's words. The guy was alright. She appreciated his sense of humor and the care he took for Ariel. "Good to here, bag's can be a little rambunctious." Hers was still strapped to her shoulder though it did not even weigh enough to consider as a burden. She juggled Ariel as they stepped into the castle and began on their trip to the hospital wing.

At some point, Ollie began to run and passed them up, she assumed to open the door so she can pull Ariel inside, but the door continued to swing shut. She managed to stick her foot into the doorway and keep the door from closing and keeping them out. She pushed the door open with her shoulder and slipped inside to hear the nurse complaining loudly.

She pulled Ariel in and turned to take in the situation. She laughed when she saw Ollie cowering from the nurse who seemed to have attacked him. The nurse relieved her of Ariel by taking his other side and leading him over to a bed which was ready for him, potions on the dresser next to the bed, which was freshly made and looked warm. This was a routine for Ollie and the nurse. Jack deposited Ariel onto the bed and sighed, dropping her bag next to the bed and then moving away to let Ollie and the nurse take care of Ariel.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 pm

The limbo between consciousness and unconsciousness terrified Ariel. It was a window to insanity, one he could jump cleanly through at any time. It was in that limbo that he could be most affected by the man who had not only created him but re-invented him as what he was now. It had always been baby steps with Ariel and finally Fenrir had thrown him over the gorge like he’d been trying to for years. Fenrir must have been the most gleeful werewolf in the entire pack. He’d not only got his son to kill but he’d got his son to change someone and in killing two birds with one stone, any doubt the pack had of Ariel was now gone. Ariel knew Fenrir was proud of him but it was for the completely wrong reason. Ariel knew now that he was safe; or as safe as he could be. There was always the prospect of Fenrir finding someone else of his own design to fill the post Ariel was struggling to fill himself. He’d spread out though and in a way he’d proved himself. So he was safe; but only for so long.

Gasping for breath, Ariel sat up. His shoulders fell into the hands of Ollie and he Matron and he felt himself being pushed back down against the soft hospital pillows. Immediately the woman began to fuss, checking his thighs and looking at his face for any sign of permanent scarring. Ariel could have told her all she needed to know. The bites would heal but they’d scar. The claw marks would scar too. Claw marks always faded better than the bites but they were more pronounced and far, far more noticeable. Ariel sighed slowly and felt a wand press to the bite on his thigh so as to check for any infection – which there no doubt would be.

“Still with us, Ari?” The Matron asked. Ariel opened his eyes and looked at the woman who was smiling down at him. “You’re gonna be just fine, honey. You might look a little weepy for a while, though. How’re the ones on your chest?” The nurse took another wand from her pocket and guided it across Ariel’s chest. “They seem to be alright. You haven’t opened them back up again but there’s a lot of magic that needs to settle. I want to talk about those scratches on your face though. They’re deep; too deep, rather. What was the motivation behind them?”

Ariel gave a quick shift of his shoulders and a garbled reply of, “Blood,” left his mouth. The Matron pursed her lips and ran her thumb across the top of one of the longer claw marks. They were specific. The Matron gently brought Ariel’s eyelid up, careful to avoid the path of the cut there. Her assumptions proved correct and there it was -- a cut through the clear, mercury eyes that the boy possessed. The eye moved and fell on the Matron. A sigh of relief left her. He could see her still. The Matron let the eyelid fall gently back and she took the potions and ointments Ollie had offered her.

“Ariel, you can see out of that eye can’t you?” She asked. Ariel gave a quick nod. “You can move your eyelid too can’t you?” Another nod. “Good. These boys weren’t trying too hard were they? Looks like it might have been their first time trying to find a Greyback. Your father always said his bite was most definitely worse than his bark and that the analogy was wrong. Care to interoperate?”

“If you abuse the rank you’ve been given then it ends with death,” Ariel told her, opening his eyes. He blinked against the light and bit his lip. Blood trickled down the chin and the Matron hastily wiped it away. She parted his lips with her wand and scowled at what she saw. Ariel closed his mouth when she removed her wand and he looked at her questioningly. “What?”

“You could lop someone’s head off with those noshers, boy. You haven’t morphed back properly. What’s going on?”

And suddenly, the Matron was pouring potion after potion down the blonde’s mouth but after he cracked the rim of one on his incisor, she stopped and retired to her office – mumbling to herself about something or rather. Ariel lay back against the pillows and watched idly as Ollie disappeared out of sight, presumably after the Matron. Ariel looked over at Jack and smiled sleepily. “Oops?” He said with a week laugh. Ariel yawned and closed his eyes for a few moments. Sleep was good, sleep was nice.
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Jack watched the matron fuss with Ariel and his wounds and she kicked her bag so it was under the bed and out of the way. Then she took a step back and decided to settle at the foot of the bed, watching Ollie and the Matron do their duties. If Jack knew what to do, how to help, and knew she wouldn't screw it up- precise spells had never been her specialty- she would help Ariel.

Jack's heart almost stopped when the Matron moved to inspect Ari's eyes, looking sort of apprehensive and that was when Jack noticed the scratch. Her breath caught; what if they had scratched his eye and he was blind. It would be her fault. She would never be able to forgive herself if any sort of permanent harm came to Ariel because she endangered him.

She expelled a long, relieved breath when the Matron revealed that Ariel's eyesight had been completely undamaged. Her heat rate began to return to normal. She shuffled her feet and looked down at them to let herself relax before facing them. She had forgotten what it felt like to fear one the people she cared about deeply had been hurt.

Ollie and the Matron bustled off, leaving Jack alone with Ariel for the first time since they had begun to tend to him. At his words she smiled and then said, "It's fine," something general for whatever he had meant by it. She moved from the foot of the bed and towards him, leaning down slightly to look at the scratch on his eye. She winced and sucked in a breath. "Ouch. Does that hurt?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top