Magical Abilities Claiming - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Abilities Claiming - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Abilities Claiming

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Abilities Claiming - Page 2 Empty Re: Magical Abilities Claiming

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Name: Robert Lupin
Tier:2
Ability Desired:Nonverbal Magic, Wandless Magic, Healer
A Detailed History Behind Said Ability: Robert learned his magical abilities at Hogwarts. He was, then, what many now consider to be pretty geeky. He was a bookworm and studied industriously in his classes.

When his brother Remus became stricken with the werewolf curse, he became very aggressive at pursuing his healing skills in order to help relieve Remus's suffering. Part of that was, for him, the development of nonverbal and wandless magic as part of his healing skills. Robert found that he could use those skill, especially in medical emergencies, far easier or expediently than he could rely on potions. Robert's rage about what Greyback had done to his family drove Robert to become particularly industrious in studying how to improve what he had learned as a student. He offered his skills to the original Order of the Phoenix when they first formed, and has done his best to try to use whatever knowledge he has to make the lives of his loved ones easier or better.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Name:Brian Quinn
Tier:3
Ability Desired:Healing, Nonverbal Magic, Wandless Magic
A Detailed History Behind Said Ability: Brian grew up, from the time he was 8, in the Lupin household. He found Robert and Kate to be wonderful guardians and mentors. Khaat became his best childhood friend, and he saw firsthand how the werewolf curse could affect not only the one who was cursed but also everyone who loved him. Brian also hated how much Remus's curse and his death affected Khaat, and it made him want to protect her.

He had studied hard at Hogwarts and had gotten good grades in the subjects he was interested in. As for the subjects he wasn't interested in, well, those became weaknesses for him later, and he doesnt' truly miss them. When Remus died and Khaat suffered such boundless grief, he had a renewed sense of needing to make his magic count for something and in finding more skills than what he read about in his textbooks. He began mentoring under any worthwhile wizard or witch he could find. His interest, mainly from observing Robert and Kate, became healing, nonverbal magic, and wandless magic, particularly as it pertained to Defense Against the Dark Arts uses.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Name:Katherine Lupin
Tier:3
Ability Desired:Speaking to Animals, Seer, Wandless Magic
A Detailed History Behind Said Ability: Kate's love of animals started when she was very small. Members of her family could talk to animals and as Kate watched them talking to animals and using it in lieu of traditional muggle training styles, it was something she wanted, very much, to be able to do. She was pleased when she discovered, after entering Hogwarts, that she too was gaining that ability. Her favorite class was Care of Magical Creatures, and she rarely shied away from an animal if she could find an ability to talk to it. When she married Robert, they moved to a farm in a fairly isolated part of England, and one of the reasons they did that was so that she could either raise or care for a variety of muggle and magical creatures.

Her seers ability was inherited from her mother, her grandmother, as well as her great grandmother. Kate started to show some limited seer's skills about the time she left to start her first year at Hogwarts. Her other favorite subject after COMC quickly became Divination. She excelled at those two subjects, and was ablet to be an asset to the original Order of the Phoenix. She inherited Albus Dumbledore's pensieve after his death in order for the Order to keep Dumbledore's knowledge alive and accessible to the Order.

Her wandless magic was something that she developed largely in Hogwarts as a practical application amongst her school friends. Once she had learned to do things with the assistance of magic, she soon learned how much she liked it and how much she found it a distinct advantage. She did learn, though, that she does not like to use wandless magic, or magic for that matter, for certain tasks, such as cooking. Certain things, she believes, just need to be done by hand, the old fashioned way.
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vito Dee Symons Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:16 am

Go ahead and find yourself a teacher then, Angelique.

Where do the other Admins stand when it comes to four of your characters being able to use Wandless Magic, Khaat? You provided me with explanations for each that would usually be acceptable, however, that would be an entire handful of characters that've mastered one of the rarest skills out there. This may have been discussed before, and if so I apologize; I jumped into the game during half-time.
Vito Dee Symons
Vito Dee Symons

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by Raynus Chasterfield Char Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:58 am

Name:Raynus Chasterfield Char
Tier:4
Ability Desired:Nonverbal Magic,Apparition,Invisibility
A detailed History about said history: During his Hogwarts Years,at one point he almost killed a student because he had forgotten to take his medication.Raynus was suspended from Hogwarts at the time and was sent home for a month.When he first got there his most hateful father yelled screamed and physically abused him.Raynus' mother watched,she would've helped but she would've suffered the same fate as him.

One day in that suspension Raynus' mother told her son to go to his uncle's house to sort things out.When he got there,Raynus and he's uncle got a long famously.They went fishing together,and Raynus even learned some new moves that weren't teached at his year in hogwarts.Eventually the question came up,why did your mother sent you here and the answer was given.The uncle's reply was "hmm It seems my own brother has lost his mind.I'm so sorry for all that has happened.I want you never to be like that.".And on the day Raynus was to return back to his home,his uncle taught him Invisibilty.His words were "If your ever having a hard time in life,use this technique to take a breather and hide away from the world".
Raynus Chasterfield Char
Raynus Chasterfield Char

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:46 pm

This is part of what they had before, Red. They're not new abilities for them. It's jsut that for some bloody reason we have to keep reapplying for the same darned things over and over and over. I'm accepting them for me because they've been sitting for several days.

I'll accept your abilities too, Raynus, but understand you can only do the invisibility for a relatively short period. No one can maintain invisibility forever. And remember too that you must keep your magical tier in mind as well. Oh, one more thing. I made an edit to the magical abilities. Grads no longer have to apply for apparation as an ability. They'd have learned it at Hogwarts. All good? Good.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vito Dee Symons Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:31 am

You’ve misunderstood; I was not under the impression that these were recently learned abilities. I was simply confused as to how so many characters had been granted that rare ability, however, it is not my place to say.

Now, moving on to my own claims…

Name: Calvin Secundus Ransom
Tier: 5
Ability Desired: Healing at a beginner’s level
A detailed History about said ability: The mind is a complex thing; at times, it can produce thoughts and ideas that would normally never cross the minds of certain beings, eventually causing the thinker of these abnormal and rather out of character thoughts to do things that they wouldn’t do had these thoughts never occurred to them. These actions, being based on rash ideas, normally lead to the downfall of that particular person- and yet, somehow, when it was Calvin’s turn to face such a situation, he had come to a decision that had lead him through doors that guaranteed him a bright future… or so it had seemed for a year or so after he had made said decision.

Calvin had always been interested in the idea of assisting those in a sticky situation; the very idea warmed his heart. Neurology had been most interesting to him, and for quite a large portion of his life at Hogwarts, it had seemed that becoming a Healer in the area of magic-induced neurological damage was a perfect match. Calvin cared for people, and it was clear by the way he forgave those who harmed him, and how he cared for those who he had not even met that his bedside manor would outshine that of even the most experienced Healers- his awkwardness in situations that required him to be social was forgotten when Calvin stepped into a young, injured patient’s room and smiled, speaking in a way that only a someone who was a child at heart would be able to. Even the occasional accident when running down the hall was forgiven (often times Calvin was the one who needed to be seen by a Healer).

However, it had been far too much for the innocent young man to handle when, just a month after completing his training as a healer, his very first patient had died. It had not been entirely his case, however, for he had teamed up with another Healer, and he had not been the one to blame for the incident- a terribly tragic situation had been created by a rather nasty Death Eater. Both Calvin and his partner had done all in their power to save the young child… had it been enough to prevent the boy’s death, Calvin would have continued on that same path, working in the most well-known wizard hospital in London- but it had not happened in such a way, and Calvin had found himself forced to choose to witness more death, and to smear his hands with even more young blood, or to pack his things, and slip out of his white coat.

Unable to cope with the pain, Calvin chose the latter, and though he carried with him a somewhat unreliable ability to heal injuries and illnesses, along with the things he had been taught at the hospital, Calvin never again resorted to that way of life. It had taken little over two years for the young man to recover from what he had witnessed, but in the end he had managed to return to his natural, child-like state of being.

Last edited by Vito Dee Symons on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Vito Dee Symons
Vito Dee Symons

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:36 am

I"m sorry, I didn't phrase that well. I didn't misunderstand. My characters were all made at different times, and those abilities were originally granted because it made sense in the scope of who those characters were developed to be. They were all done individually. No offense?

As for Calvin's abilities, accepted and posted.

k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vito Dee Symons Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:41 am

None taken; this is simply a case of different opinions. I do, however, see your point; they have each graduated, and as I stated earlier, have a reasonable explanation behind each of their abilities, I just suppose I am unable to get past the fact that it would be a difficult skill to master.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
Vito Dee Symons
Vito Dee Symons

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:03 am

Name: Andrew Thompson
Tier: 0
Ability Desired: Invisibility
A Detailed History Behind Said Ability: Due to Danny Thompson's death, his magical trusty sidearm named 'The Siren' transferrered over to Andrew Thompson, knowing that he was the next in line for that ability. After a while, Andrew was able to figure out that the gun was able generate an invisibility field around him, making him completely invisible to the naked eye. But due to the origin of the gun, it would only last for a short time and hurt the user. When Andrew found his 2 magical gauntlets however, the gloves apprently absorbed the power from the gun and allowed a greater invisibility field, almost like a parasite if you will. Now the invisibility lasts very long and does not hurt Andrew whenever he uses it.

It was also approved last time Shocked
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top