Alone Evermore
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Alone Evermore Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Alone Evermore

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alone Evermore Empty Alone Evermore

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:18 am

Jack made her way up to the Owlery, another letter for her uncle clenched in her hand, though she doubted he would respond. He had not responded to her in the past few months. Chip had always been eccentric, but this was not a quirk. This was insensitive and rude. She had been expecting a huge response after becoming Champion. Not a hurried,quick note of congratulations. After that, he had stopped responding. She kept sending him responses and she kept getting disappointed.

Still, she was stubborn. So she continued on writing like she always had, adding a bitter STILL waiting for a reply at the end of each letter. She had contacted Elliot about it and he had told her, very belatedly of course (it seemed that no one in her family had time for her anymore), that he did not know nor care what had happened to his estranged father.

Jack gave the Owlery a sweep with her eyes, looking about and finally finding an alert owl. She coaxed him down and tied the letter to his leg before leading him over to the window. Jack threw him out the window and watched him take flight. She hitched up her bag and turned, moving towards the door to the Owlery.

She heard a whoosh and a hoot. She turned around to see an owl holding a package and a letter. The owl stared at her and clicked his beak. Jack looked around her as though someone would materialize to claim the package. Finally, she asked, “Me?” The owl hooted and she strode over to him, freeing him of the burdens. He ruffled his feathers and flew off.

She went for the letter and opened it. She froze. It was from Chip. She checked the date. It had been quite a time before, so this was before he had gotten her last few letters. She glanced out the window towards the owl that had taken off. Chip must have kept one of the owls before sending the letter with him. Jack shook her head and read the letter.

Dear Jack,

I know I have been terribly behind in responding to your letters. Even now, I do not have the time to explain. What you do need to know is that I have gotten into some trouble with some dangerous people. And basically, I need to skedaddle before things get to bad. Uncle Chip no longer exists, and for obvious reasons, I can not tell you my new identity, but that would be very stupid, wouldn't it?

I'm sorry. I've tried being a good uncle to you, and a good father to Elliot, but I know I have never been strong enough to do that. I especially feel bad for Elliot... I've never known how to be a father to him. Please stick by him for me. You two have gotten along better than I ever dreamed I could have with him. Just... stick together.

I have put what money I could in your Gringotts account. (I may not be a wizard, but I have my connections.) It should help you as much as I can. Don't show up at any of the old houses. By the time you get there, they won't be mine. I'm sorry. I love you.

Your Uncle Chip.

Jack stared at the letter and first felt anger course through her veins. How could he be so freaking stupid?! Didn't he realize she needed him? Her parents and now her brother didn't give a damn about her, Elliot was busy saving the world, all she had was Chip! And now, she did not have him. If something happened to her, who would even care?!

The anger abated, because something else was taking over her. A sense of loss. Intense sadness. She sighed and shakily folded up the letter, setting it on the sill of the window. She looked at the package and picked it up. There was a note tied to it. She took it off and opened it.

I did get your letter about the Yule Ball. Enclosed is my advice.

She raised her eyebrows and opened the package. Her eyes widened and she said, “He is insane.” She carefully lifted up the black dress that was left inside. Jack thought to herself that her uncle was out of his stupid mind. Was this really what he thought she needed most right now?

She wrapped the dress back up and quickly stuffed it into her bag. No use showing that to the world, even if she was only surrounded by owls. She picked up the letter again and unfolded it. Rereading it intensified her feelings of loss and anger. She let out a strangled yell and kicked the wall, causing the owls to hoot in alarm. “Screw you, Chip!”
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum