Oh Boy... - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Oh Boy... - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Oh Boy...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh Boy... - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh Boy...

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:46 am

"Come, then. The best stuff is upstairs," Michael smiled. He led her upstairs to the top floor to the quiet sanctuary of the healer's lounge. "As Robert tells me, his predecessor created this space for staff to retreat to when things get too tough. Khaat and Robert kept it. Help yourself," he said, pointing to the elaborate beverage and snack bar. He passed by the different blends of coffee, examined the multiple brewed kinds of tea, and he filled a cup for himself of straight, strong Earl Grey.

"When they're done, Khaat will know where to find us. Jack, just between us. You look stressed. This isn't just about your friends, is it? What's wrong? You certainly don't have to tell me. I'm not trying to pry. I'm just, well, a person in your corner, that's all." Michael knew that Jack was independent and she didn't trust easily. He respected that. But he also knew that no one, especially one so young as Jack, could go through life alone. Sooner or later, Jack was going to need someone, and MIchale didn't want her to find, ever, that there was no one there.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:37 am

Jack grinned and followed Michael as he led her up to the coffee room. She passed by the coffees which had always had more of a draw to her, but the adrenaline was still coursing through her veins, and she may need something smoother. She decided on coffee anyway, because she was sure the adrenaline would crash and some back up energy may prevent it from being so damaging.

At his words, Jack closed her eyes and the words of James Wake came back to her. "Someone who would care about how you feel, rather than how you are." Still, to this day, she was convinced he was the only one to adhere to that principle- in her life anyway. As much as she liked Michael, she had already disclosed too much to James. She sighed. "It's just Quidditch, and the Toruanemnet, and homework, and-" she lowered her voice and said, "Potter's Army. It's finally catching up to me."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Robert had seen Khaat was simply not going to be torn from Eli, not if someone had tried to hex them apart. She had been very efficient at helping him see to him, and she'd seen to his admission. She'd seen to him being moved and settled into his room. Now she would not move until he was conscious.

He left it alone. He went upstairs, badly feeling like he needed a cup of the strong french roast she preferred. He went into the healer's lounge and shopped short seeing Michael and a young woman there. "Well, well, well. Look what the catburglar dragged in," Robert laughed. "What the devil brings you up here? Surely this isn't the only place to find tea in England."

"No, but the tea up here is damned good," Michael replied, going over to Robert. They shook hands warmly. "You tended to a Hogwarts student?"

"Yes. I did. Khaat's ward. Well, for all purposes, her son. He's still unconscious but he's going to be fine. The other young lad has been admitted too. They're both going to be alright. Is that why you're here?"

"Why else?" he lied. "When can Jack see him?"

"Now, if you like," Robert said to her, "My guess is that he'll wake fairly soon."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Jack sat back while Michael spoke with someone else, allowing it to be a bit of a resting time, hoping that they would be distracted enough to leave her alone so she could untangle her thoughts. But when she tried to grasp the thoughts and re-arrange and re-organize, she felt a mental block telling her to just enjoy the time without having to think. To have time with nothing. She knocked on the wall but nothing, so she sat back and let herself fall out of touch.

A second or an eternity later, she was being spoken about and she jerked to attention. She looked up at the Minister, who had just spoken to her, and said, "Oh, well I'm not really close with either of them. If Elijah wants to talk to me, I will, but I'm just here to make sure everything turns out all right." She shrugged and sipped from her coffee.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 pm

"I do understand that," Robert smiled. "And any friend of Michael's is a friend of ours. So make yourself at home and enjoy your coffee. Michael, were you able to help us get those handmade French cigarettes for me as I asked?"

"I certainly was," Michael grinned. "Now, when have I ever not come through for you?" He opened the messenger bag and drew out a matchbox sized box and handed it to Robert, who frowned at the box.

"You shrank them?" he asked.

"Hey, I have a lot of things in this bag. I presume this is the key to the physics of Santa's pack, really." Robert rolled his eyes at Michael. "Oh, and something else." He drew out a ring box. "Jack, you have a good eye. What do you think? Will this work as a fitting gift for a Minister's wife? I was to find a truly unique piece for her."

He opened the box and handed it to Jack. Inside was a large clear deep blue sapphire ring that was surrounded by diamonds in platinum. The stone was an octagonal one, with an emerald cut, designed to make the hand look elongated and slender.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Jack again shifted into her thoughtful stupor where she was denied her thoughts by her own mind, but this time she simply accepted it, not wanting to press her already fully-taxed mind at a time when it was easier to just let everything happen around her. She could save it for Quiddtitch, for the tournament, for Potter's Army, for facing people in her life...

The present was asking her to review a present for his wife and she took the box. She did not have an eye for jewelery- or anything pertaining to fashion or matters of the heart since she understood neither- but her opinion was bing asked and she would answer. "Whoa," Jack said. "That is pretty legit, must have cost some serious coinage. I think she is going to flip out." She handed it back, her appreciation shown.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum