domlan - "The Candor sings the praises of the truth, but they never tell you how much it costs."
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

domlan - "The Candor sings the praises of the truth, but they never tell you how much it costs." Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

"The Candor sings the praises of the truth, but they never tell you how much it costs."

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

domlan - "The Candor sings the praises of the truth, but they never tell you how much it costs." Empty "The Candor sings the praises of the truth, but they never tell you how much it costs."

Post by Declan Arryn Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:58 am

If there was anything that Declan Arryn was sure of, it was that he needed to get the hell out of that graduation ceremony. Aside from the fact that there would undoubtedly be people who thought of the Leaky as a place of family tradition. Although he had not always been a part of that, he was now. He had been for nearly two years, and he wanted to be back when the students and their families came out to the pub to celebrate. He wasn't going to be returning to Hogwarts anyway, so just as the ceremony ended, and the graduates were released to go and find their family and friends, Declan stood. Buttoning his suit jacket, he didn't waste any time in leaving the hall. He knew that anyone he wanted to see after leaving would be close enough and easy enough for him to access. Except the most obvious one, of course.

But it didn't feel right to say anything to her. Not anymore. That last time he'd been alone with her, she had walked away and left him standing there. It could have been one minute, but it was probably more like ten. (Okay, not ten, but that was beside the point.)

The graduation ceremony had been odd, certainly, especially at the beginning. But Declan didn't have too much time to focus on that, now. His escape had been successful, thankfully, and now he was watching the waiters seat people from behind the bar as he towel-dried the newly washed glasses. Tossing that cloth over his shoulder, he reached up to put them back on the shelf, and turned away from the door to talk to the new waiter about which tables he was covering.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

domlan - "The Candor sings the praises of the truth, but they never tell you how much it costs." Empty Re: "The Candor sings the praises of the truth, but they never tell you how much it costs."

Post by Dom Weasley Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:17 am

Roxi did her duty, politely clapping for graduates as they were announced, smiling around at the people nearby her. For someone who had made the seedy underbelly of society her home, she was doing really well blending with civilized folk. It made sense, she supposed. Her modeling career had paid some bills, so she was often forced to go to mixers that were fairly normal - it was the after parties that got totally messed up. And Roxi had always been pretty good at being the chameleon. It was around fifth year she had realized that 'being your self' only got you so far. And she wanted a lot.

Roxi waited for the real reveal. It was difficult, staying hidden from Dominique, but tying to find the right time to give Lily Potter a little reminder. Molly was nowhere to be seen, which was a shame, as she could have helped Roxi blend even more.

The graduates were presented as a class, and Roxi carefully slipped between bodies on her quest to get to the front. As everyone clapped, the Weasley got to the front of the crowd, shooting Lily Potter a warm smile as she lightly clapped along.

As Roxi made her way towards Hogsmeade, she could see Lily's face imprinted on her mind. The sudden shift to distress, the sudden paleness to her face. Roxi had crossed a line, and they both knew it. Now Lily knew just how committed to family Roxi truly was.

Roxi had spotted the kind sir Declan heading out. After he had rescued her and they had eventually parted ways, she had worked her way over to Ducky, who owed her some information anyway for the last deal they had made. She discovered a little more about her latest target and waited a minute or two before making her escape. As she walked, she freshened up her makeup, her hair, her perfume.

A look of carelessness was very difficult to acquire.

Roxi burst into the Leaky Cauldron and let out a shuddery breath, rubbing her arms. She looked about, clutching her elbows, and spotted Declan. She made her way towards the bar, sitting on one of the stools. "Could I get a Butterbeer, please?"

She waited for him to turn around before allowing a look of surprise to bloom on her face. She let out a little laugh and smiled. "We meet again," she said warmly.
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 246

Back to top Go down

domlan - "The Candor sings the praises of the truth, but they never tell you how much it costs." Empty Re: "The Candor sings the praises of the truth, but they never tell you how much it costs."

Post by Declan Arryn Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:29 am

Declan looked up at the question, turning over his shoulder to find the woman he had essentially tried to save not hours before. His eyebrows lifted in surprise, but it was a sort of pleasant and welcome surprise that made the left side of his mouth quirk up into a smile. He let out a breath that was almost a laugh but not quite, his amusement matching hers.

"Roxanne, right?" he asked, reaching almost absentmindedly for a mug out of the little chilled section behind the bar. "He didn't bug you again, did he? It seemed like you sort of knew each other, but I wasn't sure."

He turned away for a moment to pour up her request, then swung back around to wipe off the counter, slap a coaster down and cover it with her drink. Then Declan leaned on his forearms next to it, furrowing his brow slightly. "Somebody you know was graduating, I take it? I sort of expected people to come in with their group."
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:35 am

Roxi had become this deceptive out of need. She had always been a bit on the dramatic side, though in her quiet little ways. She lied to her parents about little things, faked her way through classes, tricked her classmates into doing silly things. She had always had this feeling that her brother was the only one who could tell how much of a liar she was truly. He didn’t know who she truly was, but he was the one who knew it was all bullshit.

Fortunately, she had enough practice that no one else seemed to pick up on it. She could fluidly slip between her party attitude to this sweet girl act back to a hard ass with little effort and almost no tells. No one had figured out her tells yet – she was certain she could be a world class card shark if she wasn’t already raking in the dough.

“Yeah, I’m Roxanne. You can call me Roxi, though,” she smiled sweetly. She recognized his concern and shook her head. “Oh no. I just… I hate those things, sometime. There’s a lot of fake smiles and fake sentiments. And I wasn’t exactly well-liked in school. Thorfinn is the least of my worries.” She sighed, before perking. “Sorry. Not trying to be all cliché and unload on my bartender.” She laughed. Wow. Even she had to marvel at her skills sometime.

She sighed at his question. “Yes. I did. I don’t know that she wanted to see me.” She paused. “I’m a Weasley. We have family everywhere.” She rolled her eyes good-naturedly. “That also means constant family drama. I just… I wish we could all remember what’s important. Love. Family. Loyalty. Commitment.”

Which one of these words would trigger the best reaction out of him. That was the name of the game now.
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Declan had a set of rules when it came to women. Equations, if you will. If she did this, it meant that she must be that. Basically, anyway. So the fact that he hadn't immediately put Roxanne into one of those slots surprised him. The short dress, the - was it? - flirting with a near-stranger. Yes, he knew where he would have put her. And he knew that her moral compass could not point due north. At the same time, though, she had handled herself gracefully when insulted, this brunette, and that had garnered some respect from the man across the bar top.

Declan drew his chin down when he laughed, looking at the wood covering of the bar and nodding his head slightly. His gaze swept up and back to her face before he realized that he was openly laughing with a woman he didn't know. If Declan hadn't just spent time avoiding Dom again, he might have thought it was just an off day or something. But he had been changed despite his desire not to be, and laughing felt good.

"I don't mind at all. You're far prettier than the blokes I'm usually left talking to," he informed her, deciding that if he was going to be outrageous, he may as well just run with it. Besides, this woman seemed to be friendly enough, so he doubted she would take offense to it.

Her family name made him pause, his shoulders stiffening even though he held his ground. He had to be careful how he dealt with this, now. First Dom, then asking Victoire to go to the wedding with him, and now another? Sure Vic and Dec were just going as friends, but still! If he wasn't careful, the Weasleys and Potters would come out in full force, determined to tear him to bits for being pushy with too many of their girls.

Roxi's words were slightly confusing, given the label he had wanted to give her earlier. He couldn't help the furrowed brow or general look of curiosity. Declan wanted to admit that he hadn't realize his interest had landed on yet another Weasley, and then he wanted to excuse himself. But it seemed like she was waiting for something and he didn't know what that was.

So, with a sigh, Declan had to agree. "Those things do seem lost on some of your family. Love less than the others, in some, and loyalty and family less in some. Commitment, however, never seems to be a Weasley trait, nor a preference. Supposing you said those things because you've noticed it as well, here's hoping you're able to handle it all when someone comes knocking."
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:12 am

There was a part of her that felt like this should have been a bit harder, as Declan had seemed to be a bit closed off from her run in with him at Hogwarts. She typically read people well, so there had to be something else at work here. She would have wagered it had something to do with Dom. Between the information she had gained from Ducky, and the interaction she had witnessed at graduation, Roxi knew there was something more there that she could use, and potentially intervene.

And that was the plan.

He managed to flirt back and she smiled, glancing down with a shy look. She raised her gaze again. "Well, then, I'm glad I could help."

Hmm. So it was the commitment word. It wasn't a hard leap. Declan wanted Dom, she wouldn't commit. Roxi knew it, certainly, as she had helped foster the spirit of independence in Dom, denying her the belief that love and relationships ever actually worked out. Regardless of whether or not Dom really wanted Declan, it would be a nice little reminder for Dominique to know that Roxi could take anything from her.

She sighed. "I've had lots of experience with it." She paused, drumming her fingers on the bar. "Isn't is strange that people are willing to deny themselves happiness because of this false belief of what normalcy should be? I mean, life is short and full of pain and loneliness and if you can ease that with love and caring..." She sighed. "Ignore me. I'm just... People can hurt."
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Declan hadn't expected to see a shy part of Roxi - now, or ever. She had shown up in a dress that most women he knew wouldn't have been comfortable with, yet here she was seeming thoroughly bemused at his attention. It was oddly refreshing, actually. All things considered.

She seemed almost sad as she shared her opinion on the issue Declan had brought up. At least one of the Weasley women understood Declan's stance on things. Yes, he was afraid of taking the massive leap he had considered with Danica. But what was so bad about taking the first little step into a relationship? There were no requirements of forever, but he would have felt more secure in knowing that Dom had some sort of attachment to him, even if she wasn't sure about him yet. He could have proven to her that commitment was worth the pain and anxiety and everything else that would try to get in the way.

At least someone understood.

"They definitely can," he nodded solemnly. "I think people sometimes forget that certain things, which may not mean much to them personally, are incredibly important to others. No matter the circumstances."

Declan needed to shut up. Seriously. And he knew that he was saying too much. But this woman clearly came from a place that he could identify with. It would be best, though, he decided, to leave Dom's name out of it.

"I've definitely had an interesting few months, so I can understand where you're coming from."

He paused, glancing at the mug sat in front of her. He was sorely tempted to tell her that the next one would be on him. But then he had a different thought - one that was so unlike him that it surprised him. The thought hadn't come to him unbidden very often, and there was a part of him that felt slightly careless. He was free of Hogwarts, and though that was sort of a relief, it also meant that his days were less full, less interesting. Was he a Gryffindor or wasn't he?

"Listen," he started, allowing a smile to appear once more as he looked over at her. "I'm never this forward, but I'd really like to buy you dinner sometime."
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:06 am

It was working. It was working.

Dom Weasley had waited through all of graduation, even though she was feeling horrible. Spurned by her family, shaken from seeing a Roxi-like figure, and without a friend around to make her feel more comfortable. She tried to get to Lily or even the Zabinis to pass on a congratulations, but somewhere alone the line, everyone had gotten mad at her. So she left it alone, waited the evening out with a small, forced smile and then apparated to Diagon Alley.

She could honestly say she wasn't really thinking about it as her feet led her towards The Leaky Cauldron, her red heels balancing precariously on the cobblestone street. Somewhere in her thick skull, she knew why she was headed there. But in her strange, sad daze she could believe that she was simply following the fancy of her feet, not actually seeking out any place in particular.

But as she got closer, it was harder to ignore. She, obviously, wanted to see Declan. The man terrified her, because he wanted more from her than she could give. Not that she didn't want to. Declan was kind, and funny, and handsome, and strong in this strange, quiet way she was not used to. But he was guarded, and vulnerable, and he liked her too much. It was a recipe for disaster. If she let herself entertain the idea for too long, she was certain to f*ck it up. And she liked Declan too much to let that happen. He was one of her few friends worth keeping. Perhaps the only one.

But what use was defending him from the perils of a relationship with her if that, too, ruined their friendship? She needed to talk to him, now that there were none of the pressures of the castle, so she could explain just how messy of a person she was and how great he was, and could they just find some sort of reconciliation that worked between the two of them. It was not going to be an easy conversation, certainly, but Declan was smarter than her. She trusted him to come up with some sort of solution.

So, she slipped inside the pub and spotted him behind the bar. She straightened herself up and angled towards him.

She made it about halfway before the wind left her sails. She knew that figure, and she had always been great at reading lips. Declan really had just asked out her cousin. Demon-spawn Roxanne who was on a crash course headed for hell.

And she was blushing madly, nodding her head while she bit her lip.

"Roxanne."

Dom's jaw was set, and she looked incredibly different from her usual self. There was something almost dangerous in her face. Roxanne turned around in her seat, and her face fell in surprise. "Oh. Dom. Hi!"

Dom strode over, refusing to look at Declan. She might have the ability to break Declan's heart, but Roxi would break his spirit. That was what she did to people. And she was not going to let it happen to Declan.

"What are you doing?" Dom demanded, once she had reached her cousin.

Roxi laughed. "I'm relaxing after graduation. I looked for you-"

"I want you to leave."

Dom couldn't look at Declan. She had to handle this. She didn't know what Roxi had been pulling with him, but she had to stop it before it went any further.
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Declan Arryn Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 am

Declan's smile grew when he caught her response, his mind immediately wondering which day he should suggest. But then he blinked and, upon opening his eyes again, he caught sight of a blonde he wasn't sure he could ever forget. She walked straight over to Roxi, apparently unamused. No, not just unamused. There was something behind her eyes that Declan had never seen before. Something almost... protective somehow. Over him? Why?

Unsurprisingly, his gaze didn't linger on Roxanne, instead focusing in on Dom. How was he supposed to explain this? It wasn't like Dom had made any suggestion that she wanted him, so wasn't he allowed to do something like this? Surely he was. It had been ages since anything serious had happened between them. Except for that one kiss he had pretended hadn't hurt him.

Pushing himself off the bar top, Declan stood up, frowning deeply at Dom. "Hey, take it easy. Everything is fine."

Still, even as he said it, there was something in the back of his mind that said he might be wrong. Dom was unnerved because of Roxanne, and he didn't like it. Yes, he thought the brunette was interesting, but he was innately more concerned with Dom's reaction than this near-stranger's. Even though he felt bad about it. Because he genuinely did.

"Dom," he continued, reaching a hand over the bar towards her arm. "I need to talk to you." Then, to Roxanne, "Sorry. We'll be right back, okay?"
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:02 am

Roxanne was maintaining that despicable look of innocence, so foreign and twisted on the brunette's face that Dom, if she were a cattier person, she might have smacked the other woman. She was strong-willed, sure, but she wanted this to be as undramatic as possible. Dom had seen it before, of course, as she had run around with Roxi just long enough to see her manipulation gone too far. But seeing it directed at someone personal left a nasty feeling in Dom's stomach, like allowing a friend to step out in front of a bus they did not see coming.

Besides, with her back to her target, Roxanne's eyes had a slight glint in them, as though relishing in the fact that Dom knew. And the expression was clear in that Roxanne was certain of her victory.

Declan stood and her eyes flicked to him. She swallowed, because it was clear that he was ready to consider her the bad guy.

Of course. She had done enough to earn it, hadn't she?

Declan reached out a hand to her, and she wanted to take it, wanted to step away and take him far from Roxanne. As she did, Roxanne looked up at Declan, sadness with the smallest edge of fear in her expression. She sank into her seat and pulled her mug to herself. "Okay," she murmured, dropping her gaze to look at her Butterbeer.

Dom glowered at Roxanne, pissed that it was working on him. Air left her lungs as she took his hand. "Fine."
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top