Any Worthy Distraction
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Any Worthy Distraction Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Any Worthy Distraction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any Worthy Distraction Empty Any Worthy Distraction

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:06 am

Naomi was not much of a studier, but she needed to get this homework done before it all began to pile up on her. However, even as she stared down at the yellowed pages of the books, she realized that she was not intaking nor processing any of the information that her eyes were scrolling over.

She let out a small sigh and pushed the book away, running her thumb and index finger down the bridge of her nose, before stopping it between her eyes. She massaged little circles; as though to inspire some thought, before dropping her hand back to the page and flipping it idly.

There was no way she was going to get out of doing this work. There were no distractions it seemed. She was resigned to having to do her work... Greeat.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Any Worthy Distraction Empty Re: Any Worthy Distraction

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:22 am

Naomi looked up to see Angelique sit in the chair that sat directly across from Naomi's own chair as the other girl greeted her. Naomi offered her the very faintest ghost of a "smile" and replied in kind, "Hello, Angelique."

The other Slytherin girl inquired about the work that Naomi was currently working on and she placed a finger on the page of her book, dropped the cover, and turned the book so the title was clear. "At the moment, Potions. Doyle assigned me extra for being careless with porcupine quills, so I have to research all of their properties." She flicked her eyes upward. "And then I have Dark Arts to attend to. What brings you to the library?"
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Any Worthy Distraction Empty Re: Any Worthy Distraction

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:35 am

Naomi nodded. "It is my fault. Too bad. I thought he might have been competent or at least somewhat decent at his job. I guess that was what I got for thinking." She smirked. She had always hated that expression, and yet she often said it. She liked to be contrary to herself and she had a love-hate relationship with the phrase.

"Yes, I've begun to notice. Painfully notice," she answered in a dry voice. Angelique inquired about Dark Arts and Naomi said, "Actually we don't have any homework, but I'm studying up. I haven't had the will to pay attention in class, so I'm forced to do my actual work outside of it, unfortunately."
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top