Tall tales and adventures
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Tall tales and adventures Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Tall tales and adventures

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tall tales and adventures Empty Tall tales and adventures

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:48 pm

It was a day just like any other, John had woken up and dressed in casual clothing. Today was a workday, not something that he would rush to get done, at least there were people to keep him company while he worked. He had rented out a small apartment not far from the little pub in the small town. During the week they had a few regulars that would come in and tell stories from their lives during the week, and on weekends the place was always packed with students from up inside the castle. At thirteen with parents' permission, they were allowed to explore the small town. Every few students passed up the opportunity, it was after all an exciting rite of passage for the children.
“Hello,” John said with a small wave as he walked into the pub for the start of his shift. In the back he washed his hands and got to work preparing the food for the rush of students. It wouldn’t be long, every seat would be full, laughter filling the room.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 444

Back to top Go down

Tall tales and adventures Empty Re: Tall tales and adventures

Post by Cassiopeia Cheshire Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:25 pm

Cassiopeia was at Hogesmeade to watch the students. It had been too long since she had been herself, she was busy with her life and her kid. She had the responsibility of looking after her siblings, so she didn't have time to go to school. Most days she went home instead. Anyways, she was at Three Broomsticks to have butterbeer and snacks. She looked around the place and saw it was very busy. There was no table to sit at, so she walked over to the bar. "One, butterbeer and some snacks," she said with a smile. "I won't order anything fancy for now, I can see chef being busy with all these students orders," she added.
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 290

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:37 pm

John smiled as he moved around the kitchen, the happy sounds of the students chatting away. Some gushing over what they had gotten from Honeydukes, other daring their friends to go to the shrieking shack. It bought many good memories back to him of the days he had spent doing the same. taking an order out he noticed a blonde woman sitting at the bar. Once the order was delivered to its respective table John walked over behind the bar to the girl. "Hey," he said a crooked smile on his face, "Have you placed your order yet?" he wiped his hands off on a towel he had tucked in the back pocket of his pants then tossed it over his shoulder.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Cheshire Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:17 pm

Cassiopeia smiled at the guy. "Oh, hey there," she said. She pointed to the other guy working here. "Yes, I did give my order to that barman over there," she said and pointed to the other guy who worked here. "Just butterbeer and some snacks," she added with a smile. She wasn't really hungry, so she didn't order any real food. "Crazy day for you, right?" she asked. She could tell he was a chef by his appearance.
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:23 pm

"Oh this is nothing," John chuckled, "a lot better than during the week. Gets to quiet when the kiddies are at school, and being indoors all of the time isn't exactly my thing." Everyone around the pub seemed to be settled for the time being so he wasn't in much of a hurry to get back to the kitchen. Leaning back on the counter behind him he crossed his arms over his chest. "Don't think I've seen you in here before, maybe I've just missed you in the past? I'm Johnathan Ashwood." he introduced himself before scanning the room again. "what brings you in here today? anything special?"
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Cheshire Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:27 pm

She smiled and nodded. She had been here a lot when she was at Hogwarts. This place holds a lot of memories. "Oh, I see," she said with a small smile. She hadn't been here in a long time. "It's my first time over long time again. Been years since I was here. Like 4 or so," she said with a sigh. "I'm a professor at Hogwarts now, so duty. I have to keep an eye on these troublemakers, you know," she said with giggles.
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:37 am

John listened quietly as the woman before him spoke. So she was a professor, interesting. “What made you decide to take a job at Hogwarts?” he asked, “if you don’t mind me asking that is.” he added quickly, he didn’t want to offend her or anything. John liked getting to know people, it was something he was good at. “My brother and sister are up in the castle now. Totally understand having to keep them out of trouble. Dylanne and Dearyn.” he said, shaking his head, a small smile pulling at one corner of his mouth.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Cheshire Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:16 pm

"Well I have always wanted to be professor. Would have joined sooner but I ended up having a kid soon after college," she said with a smile. She was a proud mother of a 3 year old girl. She wasn 't really ashmaed to talk about her past. "Oh woah. I think I might have seen those names in my roster yes before," she said with a smile on her face. Seemed like she would have to teach some of his siblings soonish.
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:10 am

John couldn't help but notice the genuine smile on her face as she talked about the children she worked with. "You must really enjoy spending time with kids," he observed, with a smile of his own.

John shared stories about his younger siblings, the twins Dylanne and Dearyn. "They're going to keep me on my toes, especially Dylanne," he chuckled. "But Dearyn is more on the quiet side, he pretty much does whatever his sister wants. They take after me, you know. I was quite the troublemaker myself back in school."

Despite his mischievous past, John spoke of his siblings with fondness and it was clear that he had a special place in his heart for them.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Cheshire Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:38 pm

Cassiopeia adored her daughrter. She meant the world to her these days and she always wanted to make sure she was okay. "Yes I do enjoy spending time with mine yes. She is adorable 3 year old," she said with a smile.

"Oh I see, I will keep my eyes on them sure. Hopefully they won't end up causing any trouble in my classes," she said with a smile on her face. She hated to punish students but if she had to do, she wasn't afraid to take points away or give detentions even.
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Cassiopeia Cheshire
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top