LONDON CALLING - Page 13
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 13 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 13 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:00 am

Ruby smiled at Angus befoe she answered: " we've ben together long enough I can tell by the look on your face what your thinking" she said still smiling at him. She then listened to him talk about gifts and she nodded " I agree its something they can add to or wear when there older, its perfect " she said then heard him mention pupkin spice tea " oh I think I saw a place over to our right." she aid motioning to a stall with chairs and tables and a large tea urn on it.

Walking over she looked up at him but then could not hold back a yawn that came from her as she began to fel tired. She was thankful to be able to sit at a table.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4015

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:19 am

Angus followed her to a stall with tables and chairs and he got down from the griffin, glad she had chosen a table closest to the street so he could hang onto the griffin and enjoy some tea. The hot, flavorful tea was a welcome treat.

"You know, the boys really would understand if we didn't stay the entire duration of the carnival," Angus told her. "I think it meant a lot that we showed up at all. We could always go home and then if we decide to go back, we certainly know the way. Sergio is a big boy. He can find his way back. We've done our duty as hosts and as parents, as far as I'm concerned. If the tea rejuvenates us, then fine. If not, then we need to head home. That's my thought. I expect the others to have supper and finish out some of the evening here. And I expect they'll all be entirely knackered when they come home...."

As he was speaking, Kate came up to them.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Robert sent me with this for you, Angus, if you want it." She reached in her pocket and handed him a small glass vial. "It's a double dose of energy potion. He knew you would need it, and he knew you wouldn't remember to bring some with you. In fact, he said it would be perfectly safe if you wanted to divide it in half and share it with Ruby, under the circumstances. But--there's also another option. Michael apologizes for not thinking of it, but he said if you wanted to go to his place and go in and take a break, rest up and then come back, you're absolutely welcome to do that." She handed Angus a key.

"If you don't mind, regardless, whether you go home or go to Michael's I might send Fudge and Archangel and the pygmy puff with you. The boys don't need to have the animals with them til midnight tonight. The animals may have had enough far before the boys do."

"Agreed. Thank you, Kate. And tell Michael we said thanks. We'll try to find you when we make our decision and let you know," Angus said.

"Fair enough," Kate smiled. "The boys took Abbey over to the rides for the little ones, if you need to find them."

"Thanks," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22485
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:25 am

Ruby smiled at Angus as he slipped off the griffin and sat next to her as their tea was palced infront of them " I know " she said just as Kate walked over she chuckled as she handed Angus a small vila of energy potion and mentioned spitting it betwen them the also handing him the key to Michaels. " Im okay with what you want to do but a rest does sound good" she said sipping her tea. " oh Kate this came for Robert Angs kinda opened it by mistake." she said handing her the letter that had come eariler and smiled.

Once Kate had left she looked at Angus " do you want to go to Michaels or head home?" she asked " you just know hat if they win we'll hear about it, unless you want to join them too for the costume contest?" she sipped her tea quietly as she let him think about what they would do.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:34 am

"Oh, thanks," Kate smiled. "I'll give it to him." Kate left, and Angus listened to Ruby talk about their options.

"I forgot about the costume contest. You're right. We ought to show up for that. That isn't until about supper time. Let's take Michael up on his offer, then, and go next door. Hopefully the griffin will be safe in the backyard. Michael has some outdoor lounge chairs somewhere. If I can find one, I can stay out with the griffin to try to help protect it, for whatever good I can do, that is," Angus said. "If that's what we're going to do, I'll try to pass a signal to Robert or Kate, and when we finish with our tea, we can head over to Michael's."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:49 am

Ruby smiled at kate and watched her leave then nodded to Angus. " yeah let's do that until the contest then we can go and head home after." she said knowing and feeling he need a rest just as much as she did. She finished her pumpkin spice tea and waited for Angus to finish. " do you think the griffin is too tired to carry both of us?" she asked hoping it would even just for the short distance to Michaels.

Now back at Micahels she slipped off her shoes and lay on the lounge chair she smiled looking at Angus. " so who do you think will win the contest?" she asked having seen costumes much better than hers around the ally.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:59 am

Angus caught Robert's attention and signaled him with a small hand movement. Robert understood and then he finished his tea.

Once at Michael's, Angus sent Ruby inside, and he stayed outside for a moment to secure the griffin and to leave more water for the griffin. The more he pushed himself, the more exhausted he was. He sat down on the back steps outside for awhile because he didn't think he was going to make it back into the house. After a bit of a rest, he managed to make it to the sofa but that was as far as he could go. He sat down, his fatigue making him nauseated. Ruby asked him who he thought would win the contest.

"I have no idea. Everyone's costumes are so good. I would hate to have to choose," He said. He wanted to lie back and rest but he didn't feel like he could. He did not want anyone to come and attempt to hurt or take the griffin. "Snidely," Angus called the hat rack. "Can the coffee pot brew coffee by itself?" Snidely scrambled off to the kitchen, appearing to be glad to be a good host.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:04 am

Ruby saw how exhausted Angus was and smiled " why don't you rest I can keep an eye on the griffin," she said to him softly. She heard him say he didn't know who would win and she nodded " I saw several nice costumes around the ally." she said softly as she saw Snidly head for the kitchen. " you know I am half glad for magical furniture," she said chuckling " but then I wonder how they entertain them selves when nobody here" she shook her head as she got her self comfortable.

Ruby was glad of the rest and she looked over at Angus and smiled knowing he most of all needed it, she was glad he'd taken time to recover his strength and she'd enjoyed being with him for the day.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:05 pm

"Thanks. I appreciate that. I think I've done well today, all things considered, but its starting to catch up with me." Angus replied when she offered to take care of the griffin. "I gave the griffin more water. I think he shouldn't need food again for awhile. If we check Michael's freezer, he might have some meat or some fish that we could thaw out and give to the griffin and I'll replace it. I'm more concerned now that someone might come and try to take him or muck with him. I suppose I could ask Snidely to just keep an eye and let us know if someone comes into the yard. That, and if the griffin leaves a pile of griffin poo, I might have to clean that up before we go home tonight. Or, you could use a quick spell and make it disappear, I suppose." He leaned back against the back of the couch, starting to smell fresh coffee brewing. "God, that smells like heaven," Angus closed his eyes, not intending to sleep. Then she asked what they do when Michael wasn't there.

"They play poker when Michael isn't here," Angus told her, with an amused grin. "And Snidely cheats, so watch him if he breaks out the cards. They do keep the house and the garden up for Michael. And--Snidely has a girlfriend. He and the mailbox have had a relationship going for years. Don't ask me how that all works because I have no clue. But Snidely is, for all practical purposes, the butler here, and from what I've seen, he actually does a good job of keeping everybody else in line."

In a moment, Snidely brought Angus a mug of coffee, and then he seemed to be looking at Ruby.

"Thank you, Snidely. That smells wonderful. Ru, I think he wants to know if he can get you something to drink too," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:06 am

Ruby smiled listening to Angus talk about the furniture and chuckled "well that makes sense, have to keep themselves occupied I guess " she said as she watched Snidely bring Angus his coffee. When Angus said it looked like Snidely wanted to know if she needed anything she looked at the coat rack " I'm fine thank you, but would you mind watching the griffin and making sure nobody messes with him please, thankyou" she said and he moved back to the kithen.

She could see Angus was tired and knew he would not stay awake for too long, she also had made up her mind that if he did fall asleep she would clean up any mess the griffin left so he didn't have to worry. she saw Snidly head to the door and out to stanwithth the Griffin and she chuckled " okay I think he's going to guard the griffin so don't worry." she told Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:22 am

"Snidely basically takes his job seriously," Angus said, taking a few sips of the fresh coffee, his eyes getting heavy. He set his mug down on the coffee table and accidently slipped off into sleep a moment later.

He only slept for about an hour but what little he slept did seem to help. He woke and drank the cold coffee that was in his mug, not wanting to disappoint Snidely. He checked his watch.

"Sorry, Ru," Angus apologized. At the sound of Angus's voice, Snidely hurried back to the living room to see if he could be helpful somehow. "Is the coffee still hot, Snidely?" Angus asked. The hat rack scooped up Angus's mug, dashed off to the kitchen and refilled the mug and brought it straight back. "If Michael ever gets tired of you, you can come and work at Khaat's house." Snidely nodded. After all, Khaat was responsible for the fact that Snidely had any life at all.

"We've got about 90 minutes before the Hogwarts' costume contest. That's followed by the children's contest, and that's followed by the adult's contest. I'm not sure I know how the contestants are being chosen or how the winners are decided, but it might be nice to see at least the Hogwarts's contest," Angus told Ruby. "And then maybe we can make sure the boys have enough money to get themselves some supper. I'm sure they're not going back to the school until they absolutely have to, so I'd like to make sure they're not going to go hungry tonight. I can take over babysitting the griffin so you can rest if you need to."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top